Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,028 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada (31440 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets / Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Uber Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial / Sanwo-olu Orders Probe Of Pupil Sent Out Of School Over Obi’s Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Shakathezulu1: 6:52pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:
Them go mess this man up oh. Intimidation drinking bottle water and feeling funky. U will climb down ur high table and meet with the same people in nearest future.
Soldiers can risk there life to end your life. Be am exemplary leader. Even in China, bikes are allowed in major cities.
If na me if I be soldier, if I enter that car dem go shoot oh. All of una wey dey quote me una mama and papa nyash wey dey leak dey smell

My brother no be say na one way oh. If u watch closely the car is also at the same direction. Na just make him flex him useless power. Fools thinking lagos na paradise. Slum state.
Shut up. You no get sense. Isi Aki

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Shakathezulu1: 6:53pm On Jan 02
FamTomx2:
Dangerous game played by the election rigger feeling like demigod.

Despite pleas from the military guy still he maintained his godfather status and send him to the dungeon. grin grin

Definitely the military will watch and access the whole drama with keen interest..

You don't fück with the metal unstable Nigeria military!
You know nothing, even the Military brass will deal with that NCO for shaming the military institution.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by PHAYOL81: 6:54pm On Jan 02
Sope OTILO!
HE has simply lost his job and bike simultaneous, the effect of greed and illegality.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by happney65: 7:19pm On Jan 02
TokunboCarsOnly:
So what is exactly is the reason for the arrest? Is it because they took one way or that Okada is not suppose to run in that area because I see other bikers moving on the next lane?

Because he took one way. Actually driving one way should come with a lengthy jail sentence like 5 years or a fine of 5Million cos it is a threat to life.

Things you don't do and can't do abroad. You go automatically couple. Putting the lives of people and yourself in jeopardy and ruining lives

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Sleekfingers: 7:34pm On Jan 02
pejuakinab:
Soldier bawo? Get in d car my friend

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by uniquetechng: 8:09pm On Jan 02
NoToPile:

You are arguing ignorantly.

BRT has been plying that route for more than a year.

As at 2022 it got to Barracks only now they also pick up at volks down to CMS.

Haba.

Something that there's Anti BRT lane patrol van that catches vehicles who pass there.
You can't tell me things about where I have lived for 40 years, my office is in Festac and I have properties in IBA and along Badagry expressway, there is nothing of such.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by NoToPile: 8:15pm On Jan 02
uniquetechng:
You can't tell me things about where I have lived for 40 years, my office is in Festac and I have properties in IBA and along Badagry expressway, there is nothing of such.

Loool and loool good night please.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fujiyama: 8:27pm On Jan 02
bukkiexchange01:
The lance corporal was caught outside the fence of his barracks, who knows if he was out on casual within the barracks vicinity. Why dem no catch am where im fellow military people dey.

Sanwo Olu, If your tenure finish, you go pay for your hypocrisy

^^^
And yet your 'personal text' says "God over everything". undecided

Something isn't adding up.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by bukkiexchange01(f): 8:44pm On Jan 02
Fujiyama:

^^^
And yet your 'personal text' says "God over everything". undecided

Something isn't adding up.

ADD IT UP.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by oyeb15: 8:48pm On Jan 02
The sanwo Olu no dey ok. He walks like a junkee
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fujiyama: 8:50pm On Jan 02
Roski1:
.Is this how civilized government officials treat their soldiers in civilized countries? He has the right to order arrest of the soldier for breaking the law, but the man is being manhandled by the governors security detail, while the governor himself is making abusive comments including the soldiers father.

^^^
Manhandled? undecided

The traffic offender was wrong. He broke a traffic law and there are consequences for doing so. There is nothing to debate or argue about here. He was wrong but the sense of entitlement is so strong that he couldn't help blurting out what he does for a living - in the vain hope that he would not have to face any consequences for his actions.

Soldiering is a job. There's nothing special about it. We don't hear teachers, firemen, laboratory technicians, pharmacists, plumbers, mechanics, architects, nurses, engineers, cooks, tailors, lab scientists, microbiologists etc. asking for special treatment. These other people just get on with their jobs and they don't disturb our peace.

After over 200 of our compatriots were murdered in cold blood last week without any response from the military, one would expect these soldiers to lie low and soberly reflect on how they have let this country down, time after time, again and again. Instead, they keep making the headlines for petulant displays of an overinflated sense of entitlement, over and over.

This was not the oath they took.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fujiyama: 8:53pm On Jan 02
bukkiexchange01:

ADD IT UP.

^^^
grin

Ok.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by OctavianAC(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02
9jaBloke:

The soldier rode his bike in the wrong direction on a one way road, so the governor did the right thing. Military men need to understand that a uniform and a gun doesn't put you above the law.

Right is right no matter the consequences
+
He won't be a soft target, post governorship.

So why is a wrong in Nigeria, and not a wrong in China, UK, and in the US? Cuz the other day it was Emmanuel Macron that was riding a bicycle in the Street of Paris and bike are still allowed in most of their city
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by rickyrex(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02
FamTomx2:

Despite pleas from the military guy still he maintained his godfather status and send him to the dungeon. grin grin

Definitely the military will watch and access the whole drama with keen interest..

militry men self dey hear plea? Abeg make dem damage him yash with kobo jor
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Penisman: 10:09pm On Jan 02
FamTomx2:

You are sounding like someone fvcked your mother...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by GABRIEL6036: 11:47pm On Jan 02
Last last they will leave our own alongside the bike.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by texas1990(m): 1:07am On Jan 03
MatrixReloaded:
Them go mess this man up oh. Intimidation drinking bottle water and feeling proud. U will climb down ur high table and meet with the same people in nearest future.
Soldiers can risk there life to end your life. Be a compassionate leader. Even in China, bikes are allowed in major cities.
If na me if I be soldier, if I enter that car dem go shoot oh. All of una wey dey quote me una mama and papa nyash wey dey leak dey smell.

Bloody civilian calling someone useless. U can imagine the daft governor. Some character displayed in public space shows how his leniency of his hierarchy with big eye socket will be. Wicked demons.high table puppet running his mouth on the street lik

My brother no be say na one way oh. If u watch closely the car is also at the same direction. Na just make him flex him useless power. Fools thinking lagos na paradise. Slum state.

What is you Igbos problem self? Since you so much hate Yorubas like this why don't you pigs stop coming to our region, besides we never invite you animals before,
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by texas1990(m): 1:11am On Jan 03
FamTomx2:

Sorry Igbos I can see that it's pains you shinedu's save your tears goats, this is Lagos city not an ipob land from Zoobiafraud republic ok.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by aremubabs: 8:19am On Jan 03
FamTomx2:

Many of you judge the military by the recklessness of the NCOs among them.

The military is not what you think they are. You honestly think that the military would hold a grudge against Sanwoolu because of one lawless soldier. They would rather discipline that soldier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Raxxye(m): 9:56am On Jan 03
MatrixReloaded:
Them go mess this man up oh. Intimidation drinking bottle water and feeling proud. U will climb down ur high table and meet with the same people in nearest future.
Soldiers can risk there life to end your life. Be a compassionate leader. Even in China, bikes are allowed in major cities.
If na me if I be soldier, if I enter that car dem go shoot oh. All of una wey dey quote me una mama and papa nyash wey dey leak dey smell.

Bloody civilian calling someone useless. U can imagine the daft governor. Some character displayed in public space shows how his leniency of his hierarchy with big eye socket will be. Wicked demons.high table puppet running his mouth on the street like tout

My friend, just shut up; your mouth is smelling!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Roski1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03
Fujiyama:

^^^
Manhandled? undecided

The traffic offender was wrong. He broke a traffic law and there are consequences for doing so. There is nothing to debate or argue about here. He was wrong but the sense of entitlement is so strong that he couldn't help blurting out what he does for a living - in the vain hope that he would not have to face any consequences for his actions.

Soldiering is a job. There's nothing special about it. We don't hear teachers, firemen, laboratory technicians, pharmacists, plumbers, mechanics, architects, nurses, engineers, cooks, tailors, lab scientists, microbiologists etc. asking for special treatment. These other people just get on with their jobs and they don't disturb our peace.

After over 200 of our compatriots were murdered in cold blood last week without any response from the military, one would expect these soldiers to lie low and soberly reflect on how they have let this country down, time after time, again and again. Instead, they keep making the headlines for petulant displays of an overinflated sense of entitlement, over and over.

This was not the oath they took.

Bros, it’s only in Nigeria that there is nothing special in soldiering, that’s why the soldiers are not giving any special result. If you are sincere in your comments, you would have also quoted the part where I wrote against the disgraceful manner the governor went about the arrest. In civilized climes, he would be the bigger looser. Though the soldier would be punished, but I bet you the governor would have to offer apologies for the manner in which he conducted the arrest, making derogatory comments and insulting the soldiers father. He may even be forced to resign. Just imagine this video trending on CNN or Aljazeera. In the USA, a policeman lost his job for malhandling a soldier who committed an offense. Try travel out and see things for yourself. Soldiering job is the biggest sacrifice anyone can make in life. In Nigeria, it’s even like committing suicide being a soldier, considering the challenges on ground. Let Nigerian soldiers be treated with respect. Not everyone has the courage to be a soldier. Afterall, many of those taking one way are doing so to minimize fuel due to the high cost and you know that. It’s only politicians that are not feeling the heat, even business men are not finding it funny. I am not against punishing the soldier oh, because I have seen how orderly things are done in the west and I wish they could be done in Nigeria. However, the dehumanizing manner the arrest was carried out pissed me off.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Thomasankara(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03
[/color]I think you know the only lanbuy soldiers understand is force,they don't understand dialogue[color=#770077]
MatrixReloaded:

Bloody civilian calling someone useless. U can imagine the daft governor. Some character displayed in public space shows how his leniency of his hierarchy with big eye socket will be. Wicked demons.high table puppet running his mouth on the street like tout

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Thomasankara(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03
[/color]which military,the one covering up for the damage and atrocious act of the government,dey play. The military be boy to the governor[color=#770077]
FamTomx2:

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by IPDGP: 9:01pm On Jan 03
Good evening gentlemen.
Ref the above incident, 9BDE Comd intervened on the matter yesterday through the COS and the Sldr was released. It was also discovered that the Sldr was a passenger and not the owner/driver of the Okada.
Above humbly fwd of ur info.
Have a great day.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fujiyama: 2:07am On Jan 04
MatrixReloaded:
Bloody civilian calling someone useless.

^^^
grin

E be like say this matter enter body well for you.

This part wasn't in your comment yesterday. You added it just to troll and perhaps wind those "bloody civilians" undecided up. At this point it just sounds petulant.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fujiyama: 3:24am On Jan 04
Roski1:
Bros, it’s only in Nigeria that there is nothing special in soldiering, that’s why the soldiers are not giving any special result.

^^^
I said what I said.

You are right about there being nothing special in soldiering in Nigeria, but not in the way you intended to say. It is just a job, and those who do that job in this country are failing miserably at it. You are talking about "civilized climes"? undecided In such places, the chief of defence staff and the chief of army staff would by now, be facing prosecution. Nigeria lost over two hundred people in Plateau last week. They were not killed in a sudden invasion by a hostile foreign power. They were murdered by individuals who the military failed to engage - not even one of the assailants was captured or killed during the attack. undecided As we write, not even one of the murderers has been apprehended and identified publicly. This is unacceptable.

Roski1:
If you are sincere in your comments, you would have also quoted the part where I wrote against the disgraceful manner the governor went about the arrest. In civilized climes, he would be the bigger looser.

^^^
It isn't clear what you were expecting about this arrest. His speech was inelegant but that was about the only thing I can see that was out of order.

Roski1:
Though the soldier would be punished, but I bet you the governor would have to offer apologies for the manner in which he conducted the arrest, making derogatory comments and insulting the soldiers father. He may even be forced to resign.

^^^
undecided

For some reason, your focus on this matter is the manner of arrest and the governor's outburst. I can assure you that this is not the main issue here. There are many, many things the lagos governor should resign for but his slightly indecorous speech towards this recalcitrant soldier is not one of them.

Roski1:
Just imagine this video trending on CNN or Aljazeera. In the USA, a policeman lost his job for malhandling a soldier who committed an offense.

^^^
Ok. Lets stop talking about policemen and soldiers in other countries and bring it home then.

In mid 2022 a policeman on traffic duty in Lagos lost his life because soldiers in transit got angry when he didn't wave on their vehicle quickly enough. Let that sink in. A man on traffic duty was murdered by Nigerian soldiers in broad daylight because they felt aggrieved that he didn't stop all other vehicles quickly enough for them to pass. They simply beat him to death...and none of them lost their jobs. Make of that what you will.

The police in this country haven't exactly covered themselves in glory but Officer Orube didn't have to die. He didn't have to die.

Roski1:
Try travel out and see things for yourself.

^^^
Now this really made me smile.

I'm working on your advice. I am done with provinciality in my life and my horizons will be broadened this year. wink

Roski1:
Let Nigerian soldiers be treated with respect.

^^^
undecided

We are back to this tired nonsense about respect. Respect is earned. It is not decreed into existence. It is earned.

For over a decade now, tens of thousands of Nigerians have been killed in their homes, on their farms, on the highways, at school etc. by a motley crew of rogue herders, boko terrorists and other undesirables. The Nigerian military has so far been unable to decisively quell this uprising by a so called ragtag group of supposedly untrained social misfits. Things got so bad that foreign mercenaries had to be engaged a few years ago - to do the job that Nigerian soldiers were being paid to do, but simply couldn't. undecided Does all this inspire respect? undecided

The first mistargeted airstrike by the armed forces that led to civilian casualties took place in Rann in 2017. There have been several others since then, with the latest being last month's disaster in Tudun Biri. Hundreds of this country's most vulnerable civilians have died in these airstrikes since 2017 without anyone being held accountable for what is an outrageous, unacceptable level of incompetence. And you come lecture me about respect?

Roski1:
Afterall, many of those taking one way are doing so to minimize fuel due to the high cost and you know that. It’s only politicians that are not feeling the heat, even business men are not finding it funny.

^^^
undecided

Ok...now you are just making excuses for bad behaviour.

The wards in the National Orthopaedic Hospital in Igbobi are full of the results of taking 'one way'. Don't even go there with trying to justify this nonsense.

Roski1:
I am not against punishing the soldier oh, because I have seen how orderly things are done in the west and I wish they could be done in Nigeria. However, the dehumanizing manner the arrest was carried out pissed me off.

^^^
undecided

Oh...so you know there's a better way of doing things? Then why make these excuses?

This arrest was not dehumanizing. The offender was held and bundled into the vehicle, that's all. He wasn't beaten or injured. Have you seen what soldiers do everyday in this country to civilians?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:29am On Jan 04
Roski1:
Bros, it’s only in Nigeria that there is nothing special in soldiering, that’s why the soldiers are not giving any special result. If you are sincere in your comments, you would have also quoted the part where I wrote against the disgraceful manner the governor went about the arrest. In civilized climes, he would be the bigger looser. Though the soldier would be punished, but I bet you the governor would have to offer apologies for the manner in which he conducted the arrest, making derogatory comments and insulting the soldiers father. He may even be forced to resign. Just imagine this video trending on CNN or Aljazeera. In the USA, a policeman lost his job for malhandling a soldier who committed an offense. Try travel out and see things for yourself. Soldiering job is the biggest sacrifice anyone can make in life. In Nigeria, it’s even like committing suicide being a soldier, considering the challenges on ground. Let Nigerian soldiers be treated with respect. Not everyone has the courage to be a soldier. Afterall, many of those taking one way are doing so to minimize fuel due to the high cost and you know that. It’s only politicians that are not feeling the heat, even business men are not finding it funny. I am not against punishing the soldier oh, because I have seen how orderly things are done in the west and I wish they could be done in Nigeria. However, the dehumanizing manner the arrest was carried out pissed me off.

Oga being a soldier is just a job,

No special sacrifice.
I work in the oil and Gas induction which has 10 times higher risk than being a soldier, am I asking for any favour.

What I produce when sold, trains the soldier, buys his gun and pays his salary.

SO why should he be treated specially, just because he has a gun and the numbers.

The job of a soldier is to protect this country, when he is off duty, he has no special privileges and in discarding his responsibility he is duty bound to do it professionally.

He is not the one that pays himself.
He is accountable to the masses and Authorities.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by NoToPile: 10:25am On Jan 04
uniquetechng:

Pictures below for your information

You are welcome

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by blackmantis: 10:51am On Jan 04
The governor shouldn't have resorted to insulting him.

Why call him "useless soldier".

Arrest him for breaking the law ok and fine, but insulting
him and by extension the military is uncalled for.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Theuniverse: 12:56am On Jan 06
if president tinubus convoy comes to Lagos and drives one way. Lagos governor go come street come arrest am abi? misusing power over subordinates, but try that with your level or above. maybe arrest another governors convoy in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu Dedicate Son, Aragorn At COZA Church,Abuja / Sokoto: Gang Up Against Tambuwal’s Plot To Return Through ‘back Door’ / Buhari Arrives Japan For 7th Tokyo International Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.