Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man (14413 Views)

How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Ishilove: 12:47pm On Jan 03
Mindlog:
"I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them".....You are not family oriented and you still want to raise a child not biologically yours?

In a system where social service truly works and scrutiny is properly done......you will not qualify to adopt a child because you don't have the capacity to, outside money.
I was about to respond when I saw your comment. He is not family oriented yet he wants to bring up a child with that kind of mindset.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by free2ryhme: 12:47pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
Nl folks, pls your opinions are needed.
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

Asked your parents or any family member, if any, to get their honest opinion not us
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by nedekid: 12:48pm On Jan 03
Na wah. There is nothing one wount see on nairaland.
This forum is really entertaining. Lol

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by FireUpNow(m): 12:49pm On Jan 03
If your intention is genuine and you won't violate the child be it male or female. I repeat sexual assault. Do it legally.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Timtim007(f): 12:49pm On Jan 03
Adopt me grin
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Mikespecialone(m): 12:50pm On Jan 03
Just find a baby mama to have child for u , that’s all
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 12:54pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

If you're serious and need a surrogate, I can volunteer but not through direct sexual intercourse o. Through insemination and after thorough HIV and other STDs test. I'll carry your baby to full term for you and deliver with CS. At least it will be your blood and every body goes their separate ways afterwards cos me too i no want Marriage wahala but somebody wey go take good care of my offspring cheesy.
You must be handsome too. I no wan born atutupuyoyo grin
I dey game o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by motionarena: 12:55pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

What deterioration?
Continue basing your life on what you see on social media and nairaland am sorry 4 you.

Many young couples are getting married and living happily be forming bachelor.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Balistic4: 12:56pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

If you're serious and need a surrogate, I can volunteer but not through direct sexual intercourse o. Through insemination and after thorough HIV and other STDs test. I'll carry your baby to full term for you and deliver with CS. At least it will be your blood and every body goes their separate ways cos me too i no want Marriage wahala but somebody wey go take good care of my offspring cheesy.

I dey game o.
after going through this stress for 9 months, what is in it for you as a woman? money? cause op is not ready to include you in the picture, not even close to the child
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Brownemeka: 12:58pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

According to U, You're not a family oriented Man,Yet U want to Adopt a child... You're not qualified Oga...Let your wealth be your companion...in future you'll realize Y U will never be wiser than God ....

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by katordidi(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03
As a single man you're not qualified to adopt a child

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by chidiakwari: 12:59pm On Jan 03
Why do you need to adopt? Go and settle down.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by DonBenny77(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03
phorget:
Hmmmmmm,
Why not simply get yourself a babymama?
It comes with a special baggage

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by RonuThings(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03
😎

Whatever makes you happy 😏

To your Tent O'Israel 🤔

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by VictoriaCake(f): 1:01pm On Jan 03
undecided
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by 12345baba(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03
Story teller
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Houseontherock1: 1:03pm On Jan 03
Mindlog:
"I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them".....You are not family oriented and you still want to raise a child not biologically yours?

In a system where social service truly works and scrutiny is properly done......you will not qualify to adopt a child because you don't have the capacity to, outside money.
He sure doesn't qualify to adopt a child
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 1:04pm On Jan 03
Balistic4:

after going through this stress for 9 months, what is in it for you as a woman? money? cause op is not ready to include you in the picture, not even close to the child

Na paper him wan give me before? Abi after housing his baby for 9 months he no go pay? This is strictly business. wetin I dey find for the picture. But when my pikin grow now he go find him mama come grin. Nothing concern with op, till I born him thing give am, I no wan set my eyes on him self. Make he just dey send money for antennatal and multivitamins throughout. After contract, I go breast feed my thing ( abi I don dey cross boundaries grin cheesy grin?). At least make he get sense no be cow milk brain. grin

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by DiamondNimi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03
I understand you,but there's no joy than having your own biological child or children the one you adopt will later locate their parent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Slurity(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

You are a smart man. Marriage is a scam now than before.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by BRATISLAVA: 1:06pm On Jan 03
Mindlog:

It is amazing what he's thinking of doing for the ego.

He's better off having a baby mama who would be oriented to having ties with a child. But his family seem to be ready to be the carers. 31 year old with worries about the marriage institution, yet he's never been married and has fed off social experiments and pernicious male ideologies until he's far removed from reality. Adopting would create an emotionally unbalanced person.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Olatara(f): 1:07pm On Jan 03
You are not family oriented and you want to adopt a child.

How do you intend doing that?⁰

Do not adopt any child, do you think adopting is about dropping money for school, clothes and food.

Be careful!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by BRATISLAVA: 1:08pm On Jan 03
Olatara:
You are not family oriented and you want to adopt a child.

How do you intend doing that?⁰

Do not adopt any child, do you think adopting is about dropping money for school, clothes and food.

Be careful!

He will join the league of men who wonder why their children don't like them in their old age. And then he would blame his family for brainwashing them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 1:08pm On Jan 03
Timtim007:
Adopt me grin

Come young lady.. what's your mission? Adopt you as a child or for marriage?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Patented: 1:11pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

raising a child is a huge responsibility that should not be taken lightly. when i consider what is in bold font i think you are not ready for the responsibility. particularly towards a child that you actually have no connection with. in addition children in two parent homes fare better. a man who cannot handle a marriage is likely unable to raise a child.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by simplepee(f): 1:11pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine
You are a wise man.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Olatara(f): 1:12pm On Jan 03
undecided
Jewessgratitud3:

If you're serious and need a surrogate, I can volunteer but not through direct sexual intercourse o. Through insemination and after thorough HIV and other STDs test. I'll carry your baby to full term for you and deliver with CS. At least it will be your blood and every body goes their separate ways afterwards cos me too i no want Marriage wahala but somebody wey go take good care of my offspring cheesy.
You must be handsome too. I no wan born atutupuyoyo grin
I dey game o.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 1:13pm On Jan 03
Olatara:
undecided

Wetin happen? E affect you? undecided.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Khyrvxjzy: 1:23pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

make sure you adopt 2
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Balistic4: 1:24pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

Na paper him wan give me before? Abi after housing his baby for 9 months he no go pay? This is strictly business. wetin I dey find for the picture. But when my pikin grow now he go find him mama come grin. Nothing concern with op, till I born him thing give am, I no wan set my eyes on him self. Make he just dey send money for antennatal and multivitamins throughout. After contract, I go breast feed my thing ( abi I don dey cross boundaries grin cheesy grin?). At least make he get sense no be cow milk brain. grin

In that case, you need to read up on the process of insemination and surrogacy. You are not breastfeeding any child. You will never be in the picture, in fact, the father can tell any story about you that will ensure that the child never ask about you. Especially with the world being a global village, the guy might japa to another country with "his" baby.

tbvh, all you will get is just the paper, which I feel won't even be much compared to the physical and emotional pain that comes with carrying a baby and giving birth through cs. That paper or money won't last you one year and it is gone for good. Critically think it through before you provide yourself for surrogacy

it is like donating blood for money. The amount of money paid to you will not be enough to replenish what you have lost

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Fantazy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

That’s not a good idea considering the fact that you’re still young (31). What becomes of the innocent adopted child in the next few years when you get a woman pregnant and have a child from your gene? Trust me, that gap (between the adopted child and ur biological child) will always be there.

You can only do that IF you know (sorry to say) you are proven to be impotent or if you re above 50.

In conclusion: do not rush yourself to adopting any child now. Wait for 1 to 3 years and get a baby mama (if you desperately want a child but not ready to settle down.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Ate247(m): 1:27pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience. You won't just say you can't father a child. No dey lie give us here. If na true, change that rubbish mentality. Marriage is sweet, it's a union ordained by the almighty and should follow in that grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? / Her Boyfriend Won't Reveal His Surname And Age / Husband Calls Police Emergency Line To Report His Wife's Loud Snoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.