Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man (14415 Views)

How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by MILLERMannn: 1:27pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine
Who is this guy? Where do you live? Honestly, I like your thought. I never knew someone like me exist. I have been following the post and your response to know if you are genuine. Guy it seems you are a philosopher. Let me advise you. You can meet your sister or brother to give you one or two of their children from very young age and train them. That is all. That child or children will never forget you. Also they are still within your family.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:27pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
Nl folks, pls your opinions are needed.
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

Not a bad idea, just go for it..

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by eepeepook: 1:28pm On Jan 03
Buy a puppy if na responsibility dey tickle you. You are not ready for a human child. At least when you tire for puppy, you fit sell am to another person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Ate247(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience

. You won't just say you can't father a child. No dey lie give us here. If na true, change that rub*ish mentality. Marriage is sweet, it's a union ordained by the God and should follow in that grace.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Shugargal(f): 1:29pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

If you're serious and need a surrogate, I can volunteer but not through direct sexual intercourse o. Through insemination and after thorough HIV and other STDs test. I'll carry your baby to full term for you and deliver with CS. At least it will be your blood and every body goes their separate ways afterwards cos me too i no want Marriage wahala but somebody wey go take good care of my offspring cheesy.
You must be handsome too. I no wan born atutupuyoyo grin
I dey game o.
Lol.. you sound so funny 🤣...you come born for me, I'm a woman too but very scared of having a baby myself besides, ;;;;.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Mosba: 1:30pm On Jan 03
See? :
"Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society"
Now I see why Baby factory thrives in a well known part of the country.
In Yoruba lands, no one is deem fit for Progeny in our social arrangement than your bloodline.
Be a man and get married, have your own children and thank me on your 70th birthday anniversary.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 1:33pm On Jan 03
Shugargal:

Lol.. you sound so funny 🤣...you come born for me, I'm a woman too but very scared of having a baby myself besides, ;;;;.

You get money to pay on dollars? grin. What are sisters for? I don do am finish grin
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jomonix: 1:35pm On Jan 03
Lots of inconsistency in my opinion. The way you describe yourself i imagine you shouldn't really care about sustaining your family name. By the way the child you end up adopting may face challenges if he or she is raised with you outlook. My advice is either you change and get yourself a partner or you forget the idea of adopting.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Elidrisy20: 1:36pm On Jan 03
Abeg come adopt me
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by MILLERMannn: 1:37pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

If you're serious and need a surrogate, I can volunteer but not through direct sexual intercourse o. Through insemination and after thorough HIV and other STDs test. I'll carry your baby to full term for you and deliver with CS. At least it will be your blood and every body goes their separate ways afterwards cos me too i no want Marriage wahala but somebody wey go take good care of my offspring cheesy.
You must be handsome too. I no wan born atutupuyoyo grin
I dey game o.
Hi, can you send me your phone number.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 1:38pm On Jan 03
Balistic4:

In that case, you need to read up on the process of insemination and surrogacy. You are not breastfeeding any child. You will never be in the picture, in fact, the father can tell any story about you that will ensure that the child never ask about you. Especially with the world being a global village, the guy might japa to another country with "his" baby.

tbvh, all you will get is just the paper, which I feel won't even be much compared to the physical and emotional pain that comes with carrying a baby and giving birth through cs. That paper or money won't last you one year and it is gone for good. Critically think it through before you provide yourself for surrogacy

it is like donating blood for money. The amount of money paid to you will not be enough to replenish what you have lost

Who told you my charges will be that low? Carrying a whole human being for 9 months with all the bodily changes that will occur will definitely not come cheap. Anything less than a few millions is not going to work.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Schoolshooter: 1:38pm On Jan 03
Nice one pedo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Hezmatosky: 1:38pm On Jan 03
It takes a family oriented someone to raise a child. Biologically or adopted. Man, you have not really disclosed what your problem is. At 31, you're already having misconceptions about marriage undecided
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 1:42pm On Jan 03
MILLERMannn:

Hi, can you send me your phone number.

Na from 5mil o. Otherwise no deal. cool and me and you no go near each other. Nothing like, come to my house.. na for hospital we go start and finish our contract.

You gree?
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by ImmanuelMyron(m): 1:43pm On Jan 03
Kindly adopt me...
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by James91: 1:49pm On Jan 03
If you are not ready to get married please don't adopt any child, children needs mother and father, not father alone, stay on your own until you are ready to get marry, don't use your own selfness and cause a little one his or her happiness of a mothers love.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

Just to note,
Adopting a child does not make theiriyo own and they are not supposed to carry your name except you find them on the dumpsite.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by viodemus: 1:53pm On Jan 03
From your post, I don't think you are ready to adopt a kid. It is not a 5 year loan or something. So, I think you should have someone or some people you are helping, that you can go and spend time with if needed. If e too hard you, go and spend some times in motherless and fatherless baby homes.

When I dey 31, some years ago, In a year or two, na 40 for me. When i dey 31, i think say I dun arrive small, because thousands of dollars, euros, and pounds, dun dey flood me, - due to my hard work. I thank God I didn't rest on my laurels. I went worldwide investing, paying the penalties and fees, etc. I also reinvested in myself - knowledge accumulating (not school alone) but all sorts of training and my own self learning. Is paying off big time, and am spending and reinvesting big time.

My point is, this kind of thought once crossed my head, I also didn't want to be responsible for everybody; people will bring their kid and want to use my love for kids against me, until I shut that rubbish down. In Brazil, I can wiggle my way out of such closing in, but in Nigeria, I still know many more people. Either way, I no too send again. I go help them cook or clean at homeless places in the USA, nigeria, Brazil. I also donate without fanfare or pictures.

When am ready, I can get mine or get mine and adopt, or only adopt.

I like your big heart, but make sure you are reinforcing your success. When your wealth depart, e go rough for you and the adoptee.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Balistic4: 2:00pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

Who told you my charges will be that low? Carrying a whole human being for 9 months with all the bodily changes that will occur will definitely not come cheap. Anything less than a few millions is not going to work.

I believe you understand where I am going and even if you are going for it, it has rates, even in the hospital, they can recommend host to him. However, when I look at my wife's stomach and what she went through to give birth to my children, I will say that the real consolation is having our baby around us, cause I will say she'd be at a loss if I am to pay her 5 million pay child.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Sirchiboy: 2:01pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

Can you connect me with job that is earning you a reasonable salary
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 2:07pm On Jan 03
Balistic4:

I believe you understand where I am going and even if you are going for it, it has rates, even in the hospital, they can recommend host to him. However, when I look at my wife's stomach and what she went through to give birth to my children, I will say that the real consolation is having our baby around us, cause I will say she'd be at a loss if I am to pay her 5 million pay child.

Be at loss if you pay her 5m? Abeg if you see who go pay 5m, I dey game. Loss kor.

See, our ways and thoughts are not the same. You see it as loss, I count it all joy because I know my baby is safe somewhere and well taken care of while I'm balling with 5m.

Forget stories that touch.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Starboytwo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

Na from 5mil o. Otherwise no deal. cool and me and you no go near each other. Nothing like, come to my house.. na for hospital we go start and finish our contract.

You gree?
even if na once, you gazz come my house na grin

for at all at all sake you feel.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Emperorx: 2:18pm On Jan 03
I strongly support this opinion it better you raise a child who is ur blood rather
So bro get a baby mamma discuss with her reach agreement on how much u will pay her that all
phorget:
Hmmmmmm,
Why not simply get yourself a babymama?
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by allthingsgood: 2:18pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

This is one of the most selfish posts i have read this year. So everything is all about you and your wants This is the reason why adoption agencies often dont favour single people. You want a kid of convenience that will serve as a poster handbag. Yet same you is "not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them".

Do you even have a clue what it takes to bring up a child I pray you never get what you desire and spare a poor child from imminent neglect and trauma.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by abba190: 2:18pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

come and adopt me abeg
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Kingson28: 2:20pm On Jan 03
Adopt a child of one of your siblings or male cousins, if you don't have a male sibling.
After your passing your family members will despise and discriminate against your adopted child, if he has no blood link with your lineage.
Also, some adopted kids become so unruly and ungrateful later in life, demanding to know and reconnect with their blood parents and family.
Be warned, however, that you CANNOT fornicate or be intimate with any females outside of a legal marital Union.
Be wise.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by linearity: 2:22pm On Jan 03
Onyiiobi7735:

Rephrase your delusional statement.
You should say " get a surrogate mother"
Baby mamas are ladies who dated a man and had kids for them,but they broke up due to one reason or another.

Not true though!

Baby mama is baby mama and can result from a one night stand or a private arrangement between two between two people who never dated! And usually both have legal rights to the baby unless one of them thereafter gave up such rights in a legal setting.

Surrogate mom is more of an official arrangement where the mom gives up her rights from day one, and it can result through a third party company without sexual contact or through consensual sexual contact.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by rickleye: 2:24pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

A single parent should not be allowed to adopt a child. It is not a complete unit or family . You are taking a child from a place where he/she is in an unideal state to another unstable situation. Unless you have a will stating that should anything happen to you,the child is your begotten child and has all rights and legal claims as any blood relative.

- I would suggest you try IVF/surrogacy first.
- or gestation surrogacy where you inserminate your sperm into an ovulating girl and she carries your baby to term. With payments done at various stages but back ended. So for example
50k per trimester ( you pay her transport, medical and accommodation) and she gets 1m lump sum at live delivery.

But If you want to adopt get a partner who is of the same mind set . If you adopt and later marry and she has siblings she will consider hers superior to the legal first child ( if you don’t want to marry as yet )

I think you can actually make arrangements for about 3m to get a child from a reputable orphanage. I am also considering but from a unit standpoint.
See Hope Foundation VOW website .

My 2cents.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by MiracleMe7: 2:24pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

Gay spotted! Don't dispute it. This is what they are known for. F*king the fellow man an*s and adopting a baby. What will make a full-grown adult at 31 think unless being gay? Did your parents adopt you?
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 2:24pm On Jan 03
Starboytwo:
even if na once, you gazz come my house na grin

for at all at all sake you feel.

No be me and you...
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by iyababs: 2:25pm On Jan 03
He might fall in love or get too attached which guy man is scared of. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Her Boyfriend Won't Reveal His Surname And Age / Husband Calls Police Emergency Line To Report His Wife's Loud Snoring / The Challenges Of Being The 1st Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.