Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

How Do I Increase My Productivity At Work And Not Burn Out? Come Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Increase My Productivity At Work And Not Burn Out? Come Here (118 Views)

A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work / Nigerian Man Serving In US Army Surprises Wife At Work After 11 Months (video) / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Increase My Productivity At Work And Not Burn Out? Come Here by Sayboy: 3:24pm On Jan 02
Getting an apartment close to where you work could be an answer. Homlify started to partner with professionals looking to change where they live so that their productivity can improve.

In August 2023, Tunde, our first client, is a product designer working for a US-based startup. There was a terrible power supply where he lived, and he needed stable internet. To make matters worse, he had noisy neighbors who didn't mind speaking loudly and putting on their generators at odd hours of the day.

During my first chat with him, it was clear that the apartment he wanted was higher than his budget, so I offered him our rent financing package with a 2% monthly interest rate and a repayment plan of up to 6 months. He was confident he would repay in 4 months, and we locked the deal. Our team at Homlify carried out proper due diligence on the apartment, and we spoke with the agent and the landlord.

After establishing trust and checking all the boxes, Homlify provided rent financing to Paul, and he moved into the apartment the following week.

Homlify believes professionals in Nigeria can harness rent financing to increase their productivity. If you want to have a chat with me about this, fill out this form https://airtable.com/appvLXBi6BUFsWxo4/shrVD47Kh3WI7PVbF or reach out on WhatsApp @ 081321245325

Link to Paul's story: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/homlify_for-creatives-and-young-professionals-having-activity-7125835461947764736-uQ-W
Re: How Do I Increase My Productivity At Work And Not Burn Out? Come Here by Sayboy: 4:20am On Jan 19
This week, we will review how you can negotiate a pay rise with your employer when your productivity increases.

Inflation has found its way to the prices of commodities, from bread to transport fare. Making that hard conversation with your boss is very challenging as you are doing more with your boss. Not everyone can afford to resign nor want to leave their job; clinging to remote work benefits amidst a return-to-office mandate can feel like a tug-of-war. Instead of jumping ship, consider navigating the situation by aiming for a raise. This guide offers valuable tips for effectively negotiating more compensation in light of your increased productivity.

Consider Alternatives to Salary
While a raise might sound ideal, salary isn't the only currency in the negotiation game. If your employer's budget is tight, consider strategically pivoting towards benefits that improve your work-life balance and restore some of that precious remote work freedom. Think win-win! Offering flexible work arrangements or on-site childcare can also boost employee morale and retention, benefiting you and your employer. Salary isn’t everything, and if you can secure a lifestyle improvement instead of a small raise, that may actually be more valuable to you in the long run.

If you’re set on more compensation, asking for a performance bonus might yield better results than a raise; remember: achievements speak louder than words! Employers are more likely to approve a one-time payment, particularly if it comes from a different budget than salaries.

How to Bring Up Salary When your Productivity Increases
Timing is critical when asking for a raise after you figure out your productivity has increased. Get your thoughts together and set up a meeting with your line manager. A simple message like “I’d like to set up some time with you next week to discuss my compensation. Then, when you sit down to negotiate, remember to be professional and positive and be prepared to explain your reasoning.

If your initial request is met with a "no," don't be discouraged. This may not signify the end of negotiations; it could mean "not at this moment." Your manager might need time to consider and possibly present a counteroffer. Ask your boss if there’s room to negotiate, and then assess your next steps based on their response.

(1) (Reply)

Over 80 Widows Of Slain Police Officers Empowered By US Based Foundation / Buying Land For Livestock Farming In A Semi Urban Area / 7 Steps To Hiring Household Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.