Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? (31550 Views)

Police Rescue A Day-Old Baby From A Sewage Tank In Gowon Estate, Lagos / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water / When Was The Last Time You Changed Your Toothbrush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by money121(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02
SweetDipBenny:
Location?
Lagos
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by viodemus: 11:45pm On Jan 02
That is nice, but you have to rinse properly. Maybe you did. But, it should be properly rinsed, because if not, the microbial growth will be more than before, especially with it being under the sun and it's a closed container.

The best way to rinse it, is with a pressure washer, so that the soap suds that films on the interior of the container, don't get etched inside it. When it gets etched inside, it will attract more microbes to it.

Already water is hard water or soft water.
Hard water is water with more calcium and magnesium. It can be checked by knowing the ppm (parts per million) based on size. Soft water is mostly like distilled water, made by boiling water in a boiler or sort, and extracting the steam to another container where it can be condensed back to water, that will be a distilled water.

Most water tanks will deliver hard water, most bore holes are hard water. You need some altered or hard water for drinking, in America and even Brazil, they add fluoride and other minimum things in the water, after processes it, to their water delivery main water line - the one that will be used for homes.

Hard water with microbe opportunities, will quickly adhere to the walls of the interior tank, and their strong adhesive offshoots will expand to their piping and also in your bucket or faucet. With one or two cycles of sun exposure, microbes will etch to the walls of the container. Skin issues, chances that boiling the water for feeding might not be enough to eliminate it.

So, I say all these, with many more left out. If you will do something, do it well. You need real water pressure to rinse that container out.
And most of these containers need to be washed at least twice or thrice a year. I appreciate your effort to quality of life. Cleaning that container, when done the right way, will help improve your quality of health, internally and externally.

I honestly commend your effort. But it's good people understand the process. It is more than one way, but they all need flushing. Even if it were stainless steel, even though stainless steel is safer and resist more microbes from sticking.

I am no way undermining your effort, am just expanding on a process, because if many people are going to do it, they need to be aware to do it right. Another way to rinse it without pressure washer, is to fill it up to the top lip, then open the valve, drain all of it, twice or thrice.

3 Likes

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Mtmike(m): 11:48pm On Jan 02
If your tank is black and it’s covered algae won’t grow in it but any other color that allows sunlight to pass through it will grow algae

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by MrJames007: 11:51pm On Jan 02
money121:
Someone posted that on his Facebook wall:

The Geepee Tank in your compound, When was the last time it was washed?

Kindly go through these pictures and see shocked

Washed mine last weekend after a year Usage cool

OP next time put viewer discretion when you want to post this kind of thing. undecided
Disgusting mane.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ghiloman28(m): 11:53pm On Jan 02
Can you share me his contact my oo action is lagos abule egba
maureensylvia:

And he charges just 5k
Too cheap!!!
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by money121(m): 11:55pm On Jan 02
ghiloman28:
Can you share me his contact my oo action is lagos abule egba

FOR YOUR PLUMBING JOB AND WASHING OF TANK

WHATSAPP: EZEKIEL ON +234 904 386 6985

Tell him from C.E.O imran Roofing

The guy too sabi what his doing
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by NovusHomo(m): 12:00am On Jan 03
AlabiKILLER2023:
To have sex with a big yanshhh

Inside this tank go make sense

...or mean death due to lack of oxygen.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by dfrost: 12:02am On Jan 03
Kharol1234:
The day I wash my geepee tank, the following day my pumping machine burn.

🤣😂
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by money121(m): 12:03am On Jan 03
MrJames007:
OP next time put viewer discretion when you want to post this kind of thing. undecided
Disgusting mane.
Mabinu

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by wunmi590(m): 12:08am On Jan 03
dfrost:

Fair enough. Ours is every 2 months.

Please change it to 3-4 month if you can, to much of climbing and entering into the tank to wash might damaged the tanking not carefully managed..

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by emmy9500: 12:12am On Jan 03
Always buy a black tank, those algae in the OP pics could only build up because of light

A black tank will mostly have fine sand residue but no algae
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by boom99(m): 12:27am On Jan 03
Bat died in one the other day
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ezegenigbonine: 12:28am On Jan 03
See euglena and amoeba ooooo
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by CaptainFM1: 12:56am On Jan 03
How often should the tank be washed? There should be a standard routine frequency for it.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by sonnie10: 1:22am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:

I'm a med lab scientist.
I know what I'm saying.

See what you have reduced you Board to.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by fineboynl(m): 1:54am On Jan 03
The piping should also be charged. If that tank can accumulate those stuff I would change the all piping network as well
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by tunwumi: 3:48am On Jan 03
Olatara:
Claustrophobic?

A fish doesn't know there are two type of water until it tries the hot one
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Forumites: 4:13am On Jan 03
money121:

I have four tanks to wash. This is very impressive.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ahaz: 4:29am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:
The bacteria in that tank is not up to the ones found in vaginas.
Hausa man say I am pinished walahi...so bacteria go don build one division for my belle na cos I dey chew my girl own oo...chai,
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by adecz: 4:31am On Jan 03
Always avoid brightly colored tanks
and go for black.

Bright tanks allow light to pass through
and this facilitates growth of algae and
spirogyra .
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Ndipe(m): 4:36am On Jan 03
OP is doing us a valuable service that may not cross the minds of others (until now) to clean their water tank.

oluseyiforjesus:
OP learn to mind your business this 2024 ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by cl0r0x: 4:38am On Jan 03
All because the pump the water direct without any filtration filters.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by EmekaBlue(m): 4:38am On Jan 03
U fine sha

My tank dey too high but I go try climb am or call plumber
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by CrownOfClay724: 5:40am On Jan 03
b3llo:
The water I put in my tank is treated by State Government Water Board. There are no algae and spyrogyra build up only sediment of sand at the base of the tank.

LoL.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by U09ce: 5:46am On Jan 03
fineboynl:
The piping should also be charged. If that tank can accumulate those stuff I would change the all piping network as well
Not feasible. You can't go breaking your walls and tiles just to change pipes

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ABC101FF: 5:55am On Jan 03
This one on the thread has not been washed since the Civil War.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by remiopash: 6:02am On Jan 03
money121:

There should be a procedure in place to prevent human droplets(sweats) from contaminating the tank again.

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ud4u: 6:16am On Jan 03
They really need washing
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:36am On Jan 03
matify83:
Very important question.

Especially for those put at heights that are virtually impossible to reach for such activity to be carried out easily.

Even with the use of water filters, some have become culture medium for algae while those without proper coverings and at near ground level have dead rodents, lizards and geckos in them while still serving as a source of water storage for home use.

Some geepee tanks however wouldn't require washing since they serve as deposit money banks for illicit moneys hidden from Tinubu's executive order to be signed soon.
I assure you, you will wail over Tinubu for 8 years
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Dougad: 6:54am On Jan 03
December 2022.
Go wash am this month

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Natbrowny: 6:56am On Jan 03
Black tanks dont get dirty easily.

If i lie. Check it every year.

U see doze coloured ones. They r rubbish. Small sunlight. Dem go begin react like music fans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease / OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football / Her Stool Contains Blood, What Could Be Happening And Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.