Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? (31545 Views)

Police Rescue A Day-Old Baby From A Sewage Tank In Gowon Estate, Lagos / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water / When Was The Last Time You Changed Your Toothbrush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by mymadam(m): 7:19am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:
The bacteria in that tank is not up to the ones found in vaginas.
Ha! 😏
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Awise09(m): 7:20am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:
The bacteria in that tank is not up to the ones found in vaginas.
Haaaaa!!
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Ravenna: 7:24am On Jan 03
matify83:
Very important question.

Especially for those put at heights that are virtually impossible to reach for such activity to be carried out easily.

Even with the use of water filters, some have become culture medium for algae while those without proper coverings and at near ground level have dead rodents, lizards and geckos in them while still serving as a source of water storage for home use.

Some geepee tanks however wouldn't require washing since they serve as deposit money banks for illicit moneys hidden from Tinubu's executive order to be signed soon.

Well, some tanks do not require washing really, esp the black tanks.
If your tank is not black, you go wash tire because Black reduces the amount of sunlight penetration into the water.
Those microbes need sunlight to reproduce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by nkemjacob2(m): 7:25am On Jan 03
Me can't enter my own. The opening is too small. Though the tank is new
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maasoap(m): 7:31am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:

I'm a med lab scientist.
I know what I'm saying.
And you think that kind of comment is appropriate for someone with your profession? You're a disgrace to your profession and your mother and sisters. Shame!
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maasoap(m): 7:36am On Jan 03
Ravenna:

Well, some tanks do not require washing really, esp the black tanks.
If your tank is not black, you go wash tire because Black reduces the amount of sunlight penetration into the water.
Those microbes need sunlight to reproduce.
Haaa, thank you. In our former apartment, we had two tanks, one was black and the other one was green. I did invite plumber once a year for cleaning and I would notice that the green one always had more algae far more than the black one. I observed but didn't know why, I'm just understanding the reason now. Thank God the one I paid for but yet to install is black.

2 Likes

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by NECO1998: 7:42am On Jan 03
2 months ago.

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maasoap(m): 7:42am On Jan 03
Drsnives:
My neighbor own don dea bring out warm
You meant worms?
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maasoap(m): 7:45am On Jan 03
ojun50:
3years I move into the compound now, late last year I told landlady about us washing it oh.

The woman just dey talk story since then na boiled water I dey drink.
You can pay for it, it will be cost effective for you and others including your landlady will benefit from it. As long as it is easy access, not those that are very high
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by money121(m): 7:51am On Jan 03
Forumites:
I have four tanks to wash. This is very impressive.

WHATSAPP: EZEKIEL ON +234 904 386 6985
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by chikason22(m): 7:53am On Jan 03
tunwumi:
This is very dangerous. It is called confined space which definitely have limited oxygen and excess heat. Avoid the temptation of trying what can cut short your life
Are you sure you know what you're talking. Which confirmed space. Something that can fit two persons comfortably without stress. There are lots of oxygen as the lid is wide open
SMH

2 Likes

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by chrisaria(m): 7:58am On Jan 03
You should have gone for black ⚫ tank. Black tank is better because it reduces or eliminate photosynthesis inside the tank. So those green plants (spirogyra) inside the tank won't get access to light, making it difficult for them to survive and reproduce.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maureensylvia(f): 8:01am On Jan 03
ghiloman28:
Can you share me his contact my oo action is lagos abule egba

Honestly I don’t have his contact details
I saw it on one Facebook page, can’t remember the name either

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maureensylvia(f): 8:02am On Jan 03
ahnie:
Hello Mrs Maureen!

Maami 🥰

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by maureensylvia(f): 8:03am On Jan 03
AlabiKILLER2023:

Mummy I want to have sexxx

Ok go and make love to your wife
Or marry your girlfriend and make love to her

Cheers
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Forumites: 8:04am On Jan 03
money121:

Thank you. I’ll link up.

1 Like

Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by dfrost: 8:07am On Jan 03
wunmi590:

Please change it to 3-4 month if you can, to much of climbing and entering into the tank to wash might damaged the tanking not carefully managed..

Thanks for this. We drink from it, hence the frequency.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by achorladey: 8:11am On Jan 03
White and blue tanks wahala grin grin grin grin Black tank no dey dirty reach those ones
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Ravenna: 8:13am On Jan 03
maasoap:

Haaa, thank you. In our former apartment, we had two tanks, one was black and the other one was green. I did invite plumber once a year for cleaning and I would notice that the green one always had more algae far more than the black one. I observed but didn't know why, I'm just understanding the reason now. Thank God the one I paid for but yet to install is black.

Now you get the scope..
You can paint your green tank BLACK and see the magic.

Those sellers and plumbers won't tell you this.

The Black tanks are meant for outdoors while other colors should be placed indoors.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by cardoctor(m): 8:24am On Jan 03
@ poster. Do you clean fish tanks as well? I have a job for you.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by money121(m): 8:32am On Jan 03
cardoctor:
@ poster. Do you clean fish tanks as well? I have a job for you.
Yes we can handle that as well but the plumber locate in lagos

FOR YOUR PLUMBING JOB AND WASHING OF TANK

Tell him from C.E.O imran Roofing

The guy too sabi what his doing
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by BigDawsNet: 8:45am On Jan 03
money121:
Someone posted that on his Facebook wall:

The Geepee Tank in your compound, When was the last time it was washed?

Kindly go through these pictures and see shocked

Washed mine last weekend after a year Usage cool

Wow.. this tank is really dirty..

Did you paint the outside or fur tank black color? Cus I guess it reduces the green water algae

Wow... mehn this thank is dirty

Did you paint the outside of your tank? I guess it reduces all this
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by darealez(m): 9:12am On Jan 03
This can only happen when you don't exhaust water before refills
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ibietela2(m): 9:14am On Jan 03
My current place, the day they came to wash it after 2 years of use we found dead bird inside
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by ibietela2(m): 9:14am On Jan 03
darealez:
This can only happen when you don't exhaust water before refills

You mean water to finish before pumping again?
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by CameroonPepper: 9:17am On Jan 03
ahaz:

Hausa man say I am pinished walahi...so bacteria go don build one division for my belle na cos I dey chew my girl own oo...chai,

Start taking PEP ASAP.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Slurity(m): 9:27am On Jan 03
tunwumi:
This is very dangerous. It is called confined space which definitely have limited oxygen and excess heat. Avoid the temptation of trying what can cut short your life
Taar, you can sleep inside for 24 hours without any hard in as much the cover of the tank is not closed. Must you see challenges in every thing? try to be positive minded always, it is good for your mental health.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by tunwumi: 9:38am On Jan 03
Slurity:
Taar, you can sleep inside for 24 hours without any hard in as much the cover of the tank is not closed. Must you see challenges in every thing? try to be positive minded always, it is good for your mental health.

Ignorance is a disease. It is better to try and read about "confined space"

I'm sure you are one of those people that uses the word "saner clime" without checking the meaning. Just a simple Google and YouTube search will educate more than all o can say.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by tunwumi: 9:40am On Jan 03
chikason22:

Are you sure you know what you're talking. Which confirmed space. Something that can fit two persons comfortably without stress. There are lots of oxygen as the lid is wide open
SMH

😂 It is not "confirmed space" it is "confined space" google and YouTube can help you with with its accident. Peace
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by tunwumi: 9:44am On Jan 03
dominique:
Second half of last year (2023). The tank didn't have build up of spyrogyra like the one in that photo but it had a lot of fine sand deposits at the bottom.

Can you imagine the content of large town water reservoir?
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by sanya4good(m): 10:03am On Jan 03
That water tank is not black colour if it is you are supposed not to have algae formed inside of it.
Re: The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? by Elxandre(m): 10:14am On Jan 03
topelenege:
Was just telling my Dad yesterday to change his tank entirely cos there is no good washing it when it has never been done since he moved to his compound Dec 28 1993.
30 years.
It’s needs a change.
He's been using it since water corporation days. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease / OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football / Her Stool Contains Blood, What Could Be Happening And Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.