Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics (1153 Views)

An Irrefutable Evidence For God Specially Meant For The Atheists And Agnostics / Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics / Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Wilgrea7(m): 9:08am On Jan 07
pansophic:
The Proof of God's Existence

Dear Atheists and Agnostics, today we gather to explore the undeniable proof of God's existence.

Grabs chair

Many people question whether God is real or if He truly exists.

He?

They ask for evidence and seek confirmation. Let us dive into the evidence that points to the reality of God's existence.

Firstly, let us turn to the Bible.

You couldn't have picked a worse source to turn to. When searching for the existence of a god/gods, religious texts are about as evidence as Harry potter books are for Harry Potter.

Let me explain.. religious texts, regardless of their claim of inspiration or not, were written, physically, by humans.

When you quote the bible or Quran for example.. you're simply just shifting from saying "hey.. I'm saying a god exists" to "hey, this guy from 3000 years ago said a god exists"

It really doesn't do much to help your case.

Secondly, let us consider the world circumstances. Despite the challenges and struggles we face, we can witness God's hand at work in our lives and in the world around us. We see instances of healing, redemption, and miracles that defy explanation. These are not mere coincidences but rather signs of a higher power at work.

I'm yet to see this God's hand you speak of.. both literally and figuratively

[/quote] Furthermore, consider the transformation that occurs in the lives of those who encounter God. Countless testimonies attest to the power of faith and the positive impact of a relationship with the Lord. Lives are changed, hearts are healed, and hope is restored through the presence of God. [/quote]

I'm yet to see any of these sort of "transformations" that are explicit to a sort of god or deity.

I'm not denying that people cannot have transformations of character.. people do.. for different reasons.. but I don't think it necessarily says anything about the truth of the reason.

Growing up, children hear stories about santa or the tooth fairy that coerce them to act in certain ways.. that doesn't necessarily mean these figures exist

Lastly, let us reflect on the moral compass and the innate sense of justice and right and wrong that exists within each person. This points to a universal moral law that originates from a higher source - God Himself. It is this moral law that guides us and encourages us to seek righteousness.

The alleged moral compasses are highly subjective.. and seem to be based on the society/culture.

Taking your bible for example... there were people who could own slaves.. murder women and children, and so on.. and still be considered righteous. The moral compass seems to not be as objective as you claim.

In conclusion, the proof of God's existence is abundant and undeniable. From the pages of Scripture to the wonders of creation, from the testimony of transformed lives to the fulfillment of prophecies, we see the fingerprints of God all around us. Let us open our hearts to His presence and recognize the signs of His love and power in our lives.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 9:26am On Jan 07
Wilgrea7:

You couldn't have picked a worse source to turn to. When searching for the existence of a god/gods, religious texts are about as evidence as Harry potter books are for Harry Potter...

See how you have jumped on a baby christian/churcgoer whereas we have given you evidences outside the bible and you are yet to give any valid rebuttal.

Anyway, we understand because "THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH"
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Wilgrea7(m): 10:42am On Jan 07
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you have jumped on a baby christian/churcgoer whereas we have given you evidences outside the bible and you are yet to give any valid rebuttal.

Anyway, we understand because "THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH"

You've given me 0 evidence for a god outside the bible.. you've only made mention of a cause.. but you're still yet to show how that cause is in any way a god.

Your best argument is the argument from complexity, which works against the very god/gods you're trying to prove.

If you have some more reasonable proof, I'd be more than happy to indulge

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07
Dtruthspeaker:

Serpent, everyone including you know that family do not count as people.nor close friends but serpents like you have to lie, so carry your lies away.
You don't worth my response! smiley
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 2:46pm On Jan 07
MaxInDHouse:

You don't worth my response! smiley

You never have a valid response. That is what happens when you lie.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Lawag3: 2:47pm On Jan 07
Dtruthspeaker:

Already did it before today

https://www.nairaland.com/7519775/only-devils-say-judge-not#119924481

Exposing Evil
Fritz Chery
Dec 20, 2022 (with amendments)

It absolutely saddens and disgusts me the amount of people who claim Christianity because they go to a place called church and read the Bible.

Most people who call themselves Christians will be thrown into hell for they’re not of God and especially when someone rebukes them they say, “thou shall not judge.”

First, that verse is talking about hypocritical judging.

Secondly, if you live a continuous sinful lifestyle you’re not a Christian.

I’ve even heard someone say, “I don’t care if she is a satanist don’t judge anyone” I literally almost caught a heart attack.

People don’t like their evil exposed and people don’t like you exposing anyone else so you don’t expose them.

These so-called believers today go against God’s Word and stand up for the devil and even fight against God by condoning and supporting wickedness.

An example of this is the many so-called Church going homosexuality supporters. How can you love what God hates?

How can you love music that blasphemes God?

Isn’t He your Father? How can you go against Him and stand up for Satan?

Except that God is not their Father, therefore, they wrestle against Him.

A Christian hates everything that God hates. Every biblical leader stood up against evil and many even lost their lives for speaking against it.

There is a reason Jesus says true believers will be hated and persecuted.

If you desire to live a God Following life you will be persecuted and there is no way around it.

That is why many fake believers stay quiet whenever an issue requiring them to show and declare their stand and followership of God comes up.

When placed on hot seat they hush up in fear of man.

The Lord Jesus Spoke up, Stephen spoke up, Paul spoke up so we have a right to speak up

We are not be afraid to rebuke others.

If someone is going astray from Christ are we going to be silent so they won’t hate you or are you going to humbly and lovingly say something?

You are not a Christian if you fear the hatred of people!

You are not a Christian if you love the love of people!

A Christian speaks up against all evils and does not care who does not like it.

If we stop exposing evil, rebuking false teachers, and confronting believers we will have more people lost and led astray.

More people will become stupid and believe false teachings. Look at how many people twist “thou shall not judge.”

When you remain quiet then you partake in their wickedness and encourage the doing of evil.

Stop being part of the world, expose it instead and save lives.

The person who truly loves Christ is the one who’s going to stand up for Christ no matter if they lose friends, family, or if the world hates us.

The people who hate Christ are going to read this and grumble.

What does the Bible say?

1. Ephesians 5:11-12 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

2. Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity? I answer "I will Lord, I will"!

3. John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

You do not expose you insult and call people names

You're saved through grace it wasn't by your power not because you were smart to accept Jesus.

This is an illustration

A powerful man went to a prison cell were the worst of criminals are kept and pardoned some of them. The pardoned criminals were happy and thankful, they also promised not to go back a life of crime. One day one of the freed prisoner came back to the prison to visit a friend on his way to the visiting room one of the inmates in one of the cells pulled out his cloth. This formal inmate who was pardoned got angry and started insulting the prisoner called him names like you're a thief a murderer that's why you are here he went on to insults the other inmates.

Now sir what did you get out of this story?

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 3:32pm On Jan 07
Lawag3:

You do not expose you insult and call people name.

I have already explained that we all call a thief, caught stealing "a thief, so it is the thief who gives himself a bad name.

Lawag3:

You're saved through grace it wasn't by your power not because you were smart to accept Jesus.

This is an illustration

A powerful man went to a prison cell were the worst of criminals are kept and pardoned some of them. The pardoned criminals were happy and thankful, they also promised not to go back a life of crime. One day one of the freed prisoner came back to the prison to visit a friend on his way to the visiting room one of the inmates in one of the cells pulled out his cloth. This formal inmate who was pardoned got angry and started insulting the prisoner called him names like you're a thief a murderer that's why you are here he went on to insults the other inmates.

Now sir what did you get out of this story?

I would say off point! But to patronize you, i would address this.

1) The only person who has a right to grant a pardon to anyone in prison, is the owner of the prison. Dangote or the sultan of sokoto can't grant pardon to anyone in prison.

2) And if you are talking about God, God is so so good that no innocent person is ever in His Prison, and before entering His Prison, You must go to His Court. (Judgment Day)

And Judgment Day is still yet to come, so no pardon.

And secondly, He has told us that there is no pardon in His Prison. Mathew 25:46 so your point is already DOA!

So, exactly how we catch thieves and may not hand them to the police and courts for inprisonment but we call them thieves, ole ole, thief thief, or in the case of prostitutes we say ashawo, woman wrapper, until they change, is all I have done and no one has ever called it wrong.

So this must mean that you are complaining because you yourself are a thief which automatically means your complaint is invalid.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by FRANCISTOWN: 5:26pm On Jan 07
Lawag3:

1. The big bang theory and the Bible which came first?

2. You believe a huge cosmic explosion is enough to create time space and matter in ok perfect harmony, you believe it is enough to set the rules of the universe you believe it's enough to create the Earth and something as complex as humans

You believe that that totally unguided event (the big bang), unplanned, (it just happened) created every wonderful thing you could think of.

I believe creation was guided planned and directed by an intelligent being.

Which is more logical.

1. Tell me where it is written in your bible that time didn't exist before your God.

2. Since when or where did I tell you that I believe the big bang theory?
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by FRANCISTOWN: 5:30pm On Jan 07
Lawag3:

1. God created time space and matter he created the rules that govern them.

2. He doesn't exist in them he doesn't obey the rules that govern them.

3. So since God doesn't exist in time he you can't say he has a beginning or and end.
God is infinite

1. God didn't create shit
2. He doesn't exist anywhere
3. God doesn't exist at all
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 5:41pm On Jan 07
Wilgrea7:

You've given me 0 evidence for a god outside the bible.. you've only made mention of a cause.. but you're still yet to show how that cause is in any way a god.

Your best argument is the argument from complexity, which works against the very god/gods you're trying to prove.

If you have some more reasonable proof, I'd be more than happy to indulge

Atheists and lying and rwusting and. like armed robber and weapons

You say I gave no evidence yet with the same mouth you confess I gave something you twist by saying "mention of a cause"

If the issue is "Did a vehicle pass here?" and I show you tyre tracks on the ground in that same place, every reasonable person truly searching for the answer says "thank you, we'll work on it." But not you.

You are not the first atheist here but you are definitely one of the most unreasonable ones
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Wilgrea7(m): 5:46pm On Jan 07
Dtruthspeaker:

Atheists and lying and rwusting and. like armed robber and weapons

You say I gave no evidence yet with the same mouth you confess I gave something you twist by saying "mention of a cause"

If the issue is "Did a vehicle pass here?" and I show you tyre tracks on the ground in that same place, every reasonable person truly searching for the answer says "thank you, we'll work on it." But not you.

You are not the first atheist here but you are definitely one of the most unreasonable ones

Thanks for the compliments.. really needed those today.

I said you've provided 0 evidence because the things you've put forward don't count as evidence for reasons I've clearly listed before.

My thread on terrible arguments for the existence of god explains my point even more.

A cause is not necessarily a god.. a god can be a cause, but a cause isn't necessarily always a god.

The fact i have to clarify this is somewhat concerning
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29pm On Jan 07
Wilgrea7:

Thanks for the compliments.. really needed those today.

I said you've provided 0 evidence because the things you've put forward don't count as evidence for reasons I've clearly listed before.

My thread on terrible arguments for the existence of god explains my point even more.

A cause is not necessarily a god.. a god can be a cause, but a cause isn't necessarily always a god.

The fact i have to clarify this is somewhat concerning

The fact that you deny that tyre tracks on a road is clear proof and evidence that a vehicle passed that road clearly shows the depths of unreasonability you live under..
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by dungas30(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07
pansophic:
The Proof of God's Existence

Dear Atheists and Agnostics, today we gather to explore the undeniable proof of God's existence. Many people question whether God is real or if He truly exists. They ask for evidence and seek confirmation. Let us dive into the evidence that points to the reality of God's existence.useless person wasting my time with story book.. I saw the topic I thought you have sense

Firstly, let us turn to the Bible. In Psalm 19:1, it says, "The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of His hands." As we look around us, we see the intricacies of creation, the beauty of nature, and the vastness of the universe. These are all testament to the existence of a loving and creative God.

Moreover, in Romans 1:20, it states, "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." The very existence of the natural world, with its order, complexity, and design, points towards a divine Creator.

Secondly, let us consider the world circumstances. Despite the challenges and struggles we face, we can witness God's hand at work in our lives and in the world around us. We see instances of healing, redemption, and miracles that defy explanation. These are not mere coincidences but rather signs of a higher power at work.

In addition, the fulfillment of prophecies and the consistency of God's promises throughout history serve as compelling evidence of His existence. The Bible is filled with prophecies that have come to pass, demonstrating God's sovereignty and His active involvement in human affairs.

Consider the following prophecies about our time.

Here's an outline of some key passages related to the end times:

1. Matthew 24-25:

- Jesus' Olivet Discourse: In these chapters, Jesus speaks about the signs of the end times, including wars, famines, earthquakes, and persecution. He also discusses his second coming and the final judgment.

2. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18:

- This passage describes the return of Christ, the resurrection of the dead, and the gathering of believers to meet the Lord in the air.

3. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12:

- Here, Paul addresses the coming of the "man of lawlessness" and the great rebellion before the day of the Lord.

4. 1 Timothy 4:1-5:

- This passage speaks about the apostasy and deceit that will occur in the latter times.

5. 2 Timothy 3:1-9:

- Paul warns about difficult times in the last days, characterized by people's love for themselves, money, and pleasure, as well as their lack of self-control and love for what is good.

6. The Book Of Revelation

- The entire book of Revelation is dedicated to visions and prophecies concerning the end times, including the return of Christ, the rise of the Antichrist, the judgments, the defeat of evil, and the establishment of the new heaven and new earth.

These passages provide insights into various aspects of the end times, emphasizing the need for readiness, perseverance, and faithfulness in light of the coming of Christ and the ultimate triumph of God's kingdom.

Furthermore, consider the transformation that occurs in the lives of those who encounter God. Countless testimonies attest to the power of faith and the positive impact of a relationship with the Lord. Lives are changed, hearts are healed, and hope is restored through the presence of God.

Lastly, let us reflect on the moral compass and the innate sense of justice and right and wrong that exists within each person. This points to a universal moral law that originates from a higher source - God Himself. It is this moral law that guides us and encourages us to seek righteousness.

In conclusion, the proof of God's existence is abundant and undeniable. From the pages of Scripture to the wonders of creation, from the testimony of transformed lives to the fulfillment of prophecies, we see the fingerprints of God all around us. Let us open our hearts to His presence and recognize the signs of His love and power in our lives.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Lawag3: 7:38am On Jan 08
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already explained that we all call a thief, caught stealing "a thief, so it is the thief who gives himself a bad name.

I would say off point! But to patronize you, i would address this.

1) The only person who has a right to grant a pardon to anyone in prison, is the owner of the prison. Dangote or the sultan of sokoto can't grant pardon to anyone in prison.

2) And if you are talking about God, God is so so good that no innocent person is ever in His Prison, and before entering His Prison, You must go to His Court. (Judgment Day)

And Judgment Day is still yet to come, so no pardon.

And secondly, He has told us that there is no pardon in His Prison. Mathew 25:46 so your point is already DOA!

So, exactly how we catch thieves and may not hand them to the police and courts for inprisonment but we call them thieves, ole ole, thief thief, or in the case of prostitutes we say ashawo, woman wrapped, until they change, is all I have done and no one has ever called it wrong.

So this must mean that you are complaining because you yourself are a thief which automatically means your complaint is invalid.

You left the moral of the story to criticize the story itself.

The person granting pardon is God and the prison isn't hell or what you think the prison is sin. At a point you and I were in that prison of sin we're save by the grace and mercy of God not because of our own strength and intelligence. So instead of insulting people that are still in the prison of sin the same cell in which you were once an inmate isn't it better you pray for them to receive Mercy and God's grace isn't it better to pray that the same God who freed you frees them. Nobody is born a saint you definitely have had sin in you at a point.

You know the story of the woman who was caught in adultery what stop Jesus from calling her an ashawo ? In some translation of the Bible Jesus told the people who were ready to stone the woman, anywho who have never had sin in him should throw the first stone.

You even said to a person you haven't met physically that you must be a thief, let me just say this God has been helping me if you know me before the covid you'd have called me the devil himself. God through a good man( I think I have already told you this, that then if I had met you I sure I'll still be in sin ) made me who I am today. Everyday is a struggle against sin and temptation but God keeps on keeping me and cleaning me making me a useful vessel.

I'm not perfect I'm only human but God is molding me into what he wants me to be.

I have many instances were you straight up insult a person LordReed showed and even tag me every time you insulted someone. He did that to get me to get me to condemn you. I didn't do that because I thought he may have his reasons for doing so. Compare that to you who called me a thief for trying to show you that it isn't right to thrown stones at people who are in the same position God saved you from.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Lawag3: 7:46am On Jan 08
FRANCISTOWN:

1. Tell me where it is written in your bible that time didn't exist before your God.

My guy you need not look far. 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth Genesis 1:1
2. Since when or where did I tell you that I believe the big bang theory?

[/quote]

So what do you atheist believe in you don't believe in the big bang, one said he doesn't believe in evolution one said he doesn't believe atheism is a believe system.

So what do y'all believe?
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Lawag3: 7:48am On Jan 08
FRANCISTOWN:

1. God didn't create shit
2. He doesn't exist anywhere
3. God doesn't exist at all

Then prove it .
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Jan 11
Lawag3:

You left the moral of the story to criticize the story itself.

This is still how atheists and fake pastors and scam education contort their evil messages and i found a principle of Law which states that "A thing is only good if every element of it, is good"!

Lawag3:

The person granting pardon is God and the prison isn't hell or what you think the prison is sin. At a point you and I were in that prison of sin we're save by the grace and mercy of God not because of our own strength and intelligence.

As long as that prison is not hell then there is no Pardon from God. For God's Prison is hell (or for jw, hellfire) which only opens to man and Satan and fallen angels AFTER their Day in God's Court (Judgment Day). And there is no Pardon there as Mathew 25:46 clearly tells us.

So, you must be talking about Satan's prison/Satan's household were Satan is known to forcefully take and hold people like atheists do (which is why I called them Satan)

Therefore, this is God rescuing people from their captivity.

But however, we know that not everyone wishes to be rescued nor would like to be rescued exactly as atheists have severally declared. And these are members of Satan's household and family.

Thus, God would most likely never want to rescue these ones for they are willing followers of Satan and.love satan and God respects peoples consents. So no salvation for these.

That is why the bible is Speaking to only those who hate Satan and evil and are trying to flee from him and who want to be saved. Which.is why the bible Said "He that will, let him take of the water of life freely” Rev. 22:17. Same for John 7:17 and other scripture.

So as a person who wants to pass his exam must pay attention in class and take proper notes and read them, so also do those who want to be saved must take the very steps that lead to being saved.

Thus, if a thief does not like to be called a "thief, then the proper thing is for him to stop stealing.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by magimazda: 5:42pm On Mar 04
pansophic:

Of course, he loves us, but he made us in his own image, with a free will of what to choose.

Free will. oh free will.

I used to believe in that.

But it's a flawed mental model to use in navigating life.

I put it to you that life is actually a prison of choices.

Why?

Well, in every moment, there are always a variety of choices that I MUST choose from.

Where's the freedom, if I MUST choose?

Ok, even if I don't choose, let's say I decide to stay in a catatonic state (pretend to be dead), well.... that's a choice too, innit?

I mean I'm not complaining though. It's nice to have options (aka the prison of choices).

But then, there's the mindf*ck of the fact that we're not free to pick what options are available to us.

Example: I was born in Nigeria, I don't remember making that choice though. I'm stuck with the prison of choices that come with being born here and must make the best of it.

So it turns out we don't actually have free will. Just freedom of discernment (discernment is the ability to make smart judgments about things).

In my head, free will would look something like being able to switch my existence off at will. then there would be no choices in that 'off state'. But I must also be able to switch my existence back on when I want. And become anyone at anytime... with any option. Basically I'd have to be omniscient and omnipresent. In effect, God.

Or I don't know, what do ya'll think? it's kinda confusing lol.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by magimazda: 5:48pm On Mar 04
pansophic:

This is different. Among other books, the Bible has been resisted from ancient history by many atheists. They tried to end its production and eradicate its knowledge during these 2000 years but failed.

I feel like this is cap. I mean no offense.

But the bible was the first book ever printed when Gutenberg invented his printing press. It's the best selling non fiction printed book in the world according to the Guinness World Records.

So please, do you have facts to back up "They tried to end its production and eradicate its knowledge during these 2000 years but failed."?
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by magimazda: 6:06pm On Mar 04
Steep:
There is evidence for the existence of God.
What are these evidence?
1. Evidence of intelligent design
2. Existence of consciousness
3. The fine turning of the universe.
4. The immensity of creation.
5. Existence of eternality.
Etc

How do you reconcile the existence of suffering and imperfection in the world with the concept of intelligent design?
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by magimazda: 6:21pm On Mar 04
Dtruthspeaker:

The bible Said it and we have also seen thst many many of the bible Sayings have been seen to be True, thus, that has created the condition of the bible said it, so it's True phenomenon.

there are many of the stories in the bible are that are accurate. but there are many inaccurate ones too. How do we pick and choose?

I mean, the book literally starts off with two different creation stories ffs. Why are there two different creation stories? which one is true?

Did God make humans on the 6th day after making plants on the 3rd day as Genesis 1 says? Or did he make Adam first before the plants as Genesis 2: 5 -7 says?

May not seem important, but discrepancies matter to me if I'm gonna be making major life choices based on what the book says.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Steep: 11:22pm On Mar 04
magimazda:

How do you reconcile the existence of suffering and imperfection in the world with the concept of intelligent design?
From the scriptures every thing was good until Adam and eve sinned and death entered,the earth was cursed by God.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 5:32am On Mar 05
magimazda:

there are many of the stories in the bible are that are accurate. but there are many inaccurate ones too. How do we pick and choose?

I mean, the book literally starts off with two different creation stories ffs. Why are there two different creation stories? which one is true?

Did God make humans on the 6th day after making plants on the 3rd day as Genesis 1 says? Or did he make Adam first before the plants as Genesis 2: 5 -7 says?

May not seem important, but discrepancies matter to me if I'm gonna be making major life choices based on what the book says.

You have rightfullly.said it, it is not.important. The bible is not begging you to take its advice. And you see you.have already rejected its counsels which is why you went to its stories to find "discrepancies" so as to land your rejection on it exactly like a person searching for something "wrong" to use to reject a person.

So even without any issue, you have already prejudged and rejected the bible, so technically whether discrepancy or not, you have already decided that you would not change your living choices based on the bible and the bible does not force you to.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by magimazda: 9:08am On Mar 05
Dtruthspeaker:

You have rightfullly.said it, it is not.important. The bible is not begging you to take its advice. And you see you.have already rejected its counsels which is why you went to its stories to find "discrepancies" so as to land your rejection on it exactly like a person searching for something "wrong" to use to reject a person.

So even wothout any issue, you have already prejudged and rejected the bible, so technically whether discrepancy or not, you have already decided that you would not change your living choices based on the bible and the bible does not force you to.

*sighs*. and I was hoping for actual discourse.
Re: Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics by Dtruthspeaker: 9:24am On Mar 06
magimazda:

*sighs*. and I was hoping for actual discourse.

You have already set your mind so what can i say that would change it?

But, i'll play, so here is the answer to your question "Why are there two different creation stories? which one is true?

Did God make humans on the 6th day after making plants on the 3rd day as Genesis 1 says? Or did he make Adam first before the plants as Genesis 2: 5 -7 says?"

There are no 2 different creation reports just 1 report stating "WHEN " God created man which is on the 6th Day and the second one stating "HOW" (process) He created them. So, i there anything wrong here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discovery For Men Coming Up On Sunday 19th March 2006 / Rev. King Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.