Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! (20856 Views)

See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo / If You Live In Osun State And Have Many Goats You Rear, I Want To Buy / Fayemi Inaugurates Egbeja Snail Village In Okemesi Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
Must you live in the city?

Why can't you live in the village or small town with very low cost of living?

Must everyone live in the city?

Must everyone live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, etc?

Some people are living in the interior villages but they're so rich and financially stable that they can feed those in the city who pay house rents and all kinds of city bills that people in the village don't pay.

If things are not going well for you in the city, why can't you swallow your pride, move back to the village, secure your farmland and begin farming and see how God will bless you within a short time??

Stop wasting your life.

Start farming, it's very profitable and reliable. Far better than wasting all your life in the city because you want to belong or do what others are doing. Don't mind what people will say, but start farming to build a better future for yourself and your family.

I come in peace.

162 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
So must you live in the city?

Where do you prefer? Village or city?

Give us your reasons for anyone you prefer.

Meanwhile, call me if you need a supply of farm produce in large quantities in any part of Nigeria. We are farmers and we supply farm produce in large quantities, in Tons, such as Cocoa Beans, Beni Seed/Sesame seed, Cashew nuts, Beans, Rice, Soya Beans, fruits, grains, etc.

Please check my signature/profile and the picture below for my contact phone number.

Regards.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by vonlogon: 12:24am On Sep 17, 2023
Let them stay in their city and not come and spoil market for us that have soji o. Àbí which kine thread be this?

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by wrongman665(m): 1:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Nice one op.
how many tractors do you have

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by GideonOludayomi(m): 3:11am On Sep 17, 2023
This is for many people in Lagos. Even though I understand that farming is no longer an alternative option and can't just be dabbled into. I sincerely pity many who live in Lagos, working like a jackal and living like rats and cockroaches when they have lands at 'home' being taken over by strangers.
Granted, there is money in the city but then what is the profit of chasing a money that can't even help you build a home that you can retire to without money problems after working yourself out for years?
I just hope many people wake up soon.

97 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Mrdellychy: 3:52am On Sep 17, 2023
GideonOludayomi:
This is for many people in Lagos. Even though I understand that farming is no longer an alternative option and can't just be dabbled into. I sincerely pity many who live in Lagos, working like a jackal and living like rats and cockroaches when they have lands at 'home' being taken over by strangers.
Granted, there is money in the city but then what is the profit of chasing a money that can't even help you build a home that you can retire to without money problems after working yourself out for years?

Are u Mr J from EMR, WWW.
Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Mrdellychy: 3:53am On Sep 17, 2023
vonlogon:
Let them stay in their city and not come and spoil market for us that have soji o. Àbí which kine thread be this?

Lol. U are not nice at all.

13 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by GideonOludayomi(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2023
?
Totally lost!

But if your question isn't some prank, No, I am not.

Mrdellychy:

Are u Mr J from EMR, WWW.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MrsTwrite(f): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2023
Good advice.

8 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by henrimoto(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
GideonOludayomi:
Granted, there is money in the city but then

what is the profit of chasing a money that can't even help you build a home that you can retire to ,without money problems after working yourself out for years?
...You dey go far, many struggle to get transport fare to take them back to their home towns.

Many dey struggle to pay house rent for many years. Year to year, nothing reasonable to show as a city dweller.

Why not re-strategize ?

You wan follow tell village people say .. "I live in the City !"

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by rainmoredays: 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2023
City Boys
Owo omo Igboro wey nor Gbòró

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by FarmsFarmer(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
Village life is better. Not everyone can live in the city. The city is already over populated and too congested. Too many people coming to the cities who have no business being in the city at all. Wasting away your destiny where you cannot achieve your destiny. Find out where you can achieve your destiny. It may just be in the village. It may just be in farming. A word is enough for the wise.

I come in peace!

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Tochex101(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2023
Good thread.....needs a bigger audience...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by umuna(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2023
FarmsFarmer:
Must you live in the city?

Why can't you live in the village or small town with very low cost of living?

Must everyone live in the city?

Must everyone live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, etc?

Some people are living in the interior villages but they're so rich and financially stable that they can feed those in the city who pay house rents and all kinds of city bills that people in the village don't pay.

If things are not going well for you in the city, why can't you swallow your pride, move back to the village, secure your farmland and begin farming and see how God will bless you within a short time??

Stop wasting your life.

Start farming, it's very profitable and reliable. Far better than wasting all your life in the city because you want to belong or do what others are doing. Don't mind what people will say, but start farming to build a better future for yourself and your family.

I come in peace.

CC Seun.
nlfpmod.
Mynd44.
OAM4J.
Pavore9.
FarmTech.
All Nairaland moderators.
All Nairaland mods...

Well said OP. I will suggest a little variation to your write up. It should not necessary be your village, but any rural area where there is peace and one can farm in peace and make money. I live in a rural area, as of today, i thank God for everything. There are so much benefits living and doing business in a rural area. All you need do is scan the environment and look for needs that you can provide in that area.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by gabazin080(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
what is in the village that you cant find in the city. how many job opportunities or business will you do and succeed in the village. for me i can't stay anywhere thats more than 30 minutes drive from my work or business.
I really do pity many that works in ajah, Lagos and stay in ikorodu or mowe ibafo. in terms of transportation and stress, those guys pay more than those who work and stay on the island.
so village is a no for me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by OkCornel(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Fair points

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by pilgriman56: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
grin
Be like I go join you for that village oh.
Things don really hard.

7 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by ThiefnubuBandit: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
The OP lives in Abuja. Don't be deceived.

5 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by MS247: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
cool

Lol

Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi vs Ras al kaima, Ajman, Fujairah

New York vs Kentucky

Lagos, Abuja Kano, Ibadan vs Ekiti, Abia, Sokoto

Castle combe , Lacock vs Manchester, London city

Villagers are not fully utilizing and profiting from their limited time on earth

Since we will all die, my goal is to maximize my stay on earth and not just farm for food like premitive human

You will cultivate a plot of land to get N10,000 profit if you plant Cassava, and an acre will give you #100,000 roughly

I can easily trade forex with my phone and make that in a day with knowledge and information I get in the city

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by YosemiteDan: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
If light and network dey, I don't mind.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by bigdammyj: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by bewla(m): 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
With bandit

3 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Dittodat: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
vonlogon:

grin
I totally agree with you.
I left all that Lagos crowd and wahala, I built a new house I'm my hometown and I'm loving it.
To stay on the island self for one day is difficult now. I just want to get out of the traffic and noise.
My fear now is that more and more people are also moving closer to my home town.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by bewla(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
YosemiteDan:
If light and network dey, I don't mind.
that's if bandit don't come for you

2 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by GeneralPula: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
It's just about human difference..

Some humans love rural settings - no noise and more silence..

Some humans love urban settings - make everywhere sha Dey bubble

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by wittywriter: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
vonlogon:

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by GanagiBitrus: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
...to wine & dine with village girls? cheesy

But seriously, there are potentially more money and opportunities in the city than in the village.

&Govt has a huge role to play in terms of infrastructures, security & other incentives to discourage Urban Migration.

5 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by wunmi590(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023

Making it sound as if village life is the best...

I'm not disputing the fact that things are very cheap in the village, but there are alot of things missing in the village that you can only get in the city...

I served in one of the villages in Akwa Ibom, Nung ikono obio, and I enjoyed it, but that place nah village men, but peaceful..

But there are alot of things you will surely miss in the city..

10 Likes

Re: Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! by Luckysbab: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2023
So which village(s) you recommend laidis?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bountiful First Harvest In My Tomato Farm / In Nigeria, We Love Building Houses More Than Agriculture / Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.