Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Sebastian Broderick Is Dead - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sebastian Broderick Is Dead (15370 Views)

Jonathan Akpoborie Writes Tribute To Sebastian Brodericks-Imasuen / Sebastian Osigwe Tests Positive For Coronavirus / Genort Rohr Turns To Sebastian Osigwe, Swiss-born Goalkeeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by naptu2: 12:57pm On Jan 04
Konquest:

Indeed. It's the end of an iconic sports era with the translation of Coach Sebastian Brodericks.

First off, Happy New Year (2024) @Naptu2.
I wish YOU the best, and more power to your elbows as you give us more insights and historic updates via your NL threads.

Whoa! 1985... Unforgettable!

Sebastine Brodericks-Imasuen, led the iconic Golden Eaglets to win the inaugural U-17 World Cup in 1985. The captain of the team Nduka Ugbade from Ugbodu (in Aniocha North) in the defunct Bendel State (now Delta State) and his fellow teammates were simply stellar. It felt like the senior world cup was won at that time in 1985 as millions of us sat glued to the TV screens watching that final soccer match being beamed live from China.

The last I heard was that Nduka Ugbade was working with the elite Corona Schools in Agbara, as a top coach. It's good to know that many from that 1985 set are still alive and spread all over the world.

Happy New Year.

Ugbade is now the coach of the Golden Eaglets. He was one of the assistants when Emmanuel Amunike won the world cup. I made a thread when Wilfred Ndidi went to visit him last year.

Ugbade almost set a record as the first person to play in cadet, youth and senior World Cups, but unfortunately Westerhof didn't include him in the team to the USA. I remember that many journalists begged Westterhof to include him, but he narrowly missed out.

Wilfred Ndidi Visits Nduka Ugbade At Golden Eaglets Camp In Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/7620415/wilfred-ndidi-visits-nduka-ugbade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by Konquest: 1:10pm On Jan 04
naptu2:

Happy New Year.

Ugbade is now the coach of the Golden Eaglets. He was one of the assistants when Emmanuel Amunike won the world cup. I made a thread when Wilfred Ndidi went to visit him last year.

Ugbade almost set a record as the first person to play in cadet, youth and senior World Cups, but unfortunately Westerhof didn't include him in the team to the USA. I remember that many journalists begged Westterhof to include him, but he narrowly missed out.

Wilfred Ndidi Visits Nduka Ugbade At Golden Eaglets Camp In Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/7620415/wilfred-ndidi-visits-nduka-ugbade
Awesome... That's good to know. I haven't been keeping a tab on those guys for sometime now so it's nice to know that Nduka is the current coach of the Golden Eaglets.

What sports field of your's did you say Coach Sebastian Brodericks-Imasuen and his boys trained in before proceeding to the China 1985 FIFA World Cup event?

Last but not least, I noticed that some folks are wrongly spelling the name BRODERICKS here and in some newspapers online by NOT putting the letter "S." BRODERICKS is the correct spelling of Coach Sebastian's name NOT "Broderick."

Thanks for the great feedback.
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by warlordd(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04
GanagiBitrus:
RIP.

Unfortunately, none of his gold-winning Eaglets made any remarkable impact at the senior level.
Nduka Ugbade and Jonathan Akpoborie did.
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by GanagiBitrus: 3:51pm On Jan 04
warlordd:

Nduka Ugbade and Jonathan Akpoborie did.
Be honest, if I ask you to list players that remarkably impacted S/Eagles, those 2 would not even be among the top 50 or even 100.

Even the likes of Ahmed Musa were far more impactful. smiley
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by naptu2: 3:57pm On Jan 04
Aha! No wonder, it's the age thing.
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by naptu2: 4:05pm On Jan 04
The sheer number of people that have written those names on this thread says everything that needs to be said.
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by Vintage9999: 6:17pm On Jan 04
naptu2:
1996, 1997, 1998, Jonathan Akpoborire and Victor Ikpeba were the Nigerians that were lighting up Europe with goals in those seasons.

Akpoborire & Bobic, Ikpeba & Anderson.
why are you spelling his name as "Akpoborire" ? It's Akpoborie
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by Chaolin: 7:16pm On Jan 04
RIP to the dead

May God give the family the fortitude to bear the lost AMEN
Re: Sebastian Broderick Is Dead by naptu2: 3:52am On Jan 05
Vintage9999:
why are you spelling his name as "Akpoborire" ? It's Akpoborie

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ismaily Eliminated From CAF Champions League For Violent Conduct / Francisca Ordega Scores On Debut In China. / Nigerian Sports Legend Chris Enahoro Dead At Age 80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.