Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. (11583 Views)

Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Godada(m): 10:10am On Jan 08
cool
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:11am On Jan 08
Ok
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by sukkot: 10:21am On Jan 08
accordadoga25:
Hehehe

The best employers are hausa employers.

Yoruba employers too dey na

Igbo employers wicked
hehe Igbo people and wahala. I get Igbo landlord onetime, 4 months to when rent will expire he called me that he wants me to give him part of my future rent cuz he is broke. Dude started harassing me. I said dude I am only here in the country for one year and I am not renewing. That’s when he calm down . Weirdo. Nigerians are weird. I have purposely kept a long arm distance from Nigerians cuz most of them don’t know how to act. You will be in mall and security officer will ask you where are you going . Like dude it’s a mall people can walk around and window shop.

2 Likes

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by LawFight(m): 10:22am On Jan 08
Emma1Oj:
What do you expect from a one man business owners? They act like dey are doing you favour working for them.

Mostly the heartless female MD's. They will use you do your job, others pples jobs, nag life out of you, looks for ways to reduce your salary at end of the month, dey will still not pay in time.

Only God will hammer them..

you are very correct i worked with one that she can sanction for anything
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by femi4: 10:24am On Jan 08
EmperorTolson:
Thinking Out Loud
Initially, I don't want to talk about this because I don't want some people to think the message is directed to them. But on second thought, I think the message is actually for them. I'm talking about those oppressors called employers who oppress their employees by refusing to pay their wages/salaries on time. The questions are:
Would you as an employer allow your employees to perform their duties any time they wish?
I mean would you allow them to resume work by 9 am instead of 7 am and close by 1 pm instead of 4 pm?
Why then would you not pay their wages/salaries on time?
Let me guess, the sales are low or you needed to source for their wages/salaries elsewhere. With(out) due respect, you sound like an oppressor. You have probably forgotten that some of these employees are poor and needy which is why they are working in your organization else they'd have their own companies.

Even, though it was written in
Deuteronomy 24:14-15King James Version (KJV) that
14 Thou shalt not oppress a hired servant that is poor and needy, whether he be of thy brethren, or of thy strangers that are in thy land within thy gates: 15 At his day, thou shalt give him his hire, neither shall the sun go down upon it; for he is poor, and setteth his heart upon it: lest he cry against thee unto the Lord, and it be sin unto thee.

Also in Sunan Ibn Majah 2443 that
Give the worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

"To give it to him before his sweat dries is a metaphor for the obligation to pay him as soon as the job is done, even if he does not sweat, or if he sweated and it has dried.” what this simply means is to hasten to give him his dues as soon as the work is done.

By reading those verses, you should understand by now that the most basic thing of paying your employees on time is not just commanded by Law, but also by God. 
Yes, as employees if they receive their wages late, they might be stressed or even in trouble for not being able to pay their bills on time.

My Advice is that business owners should always find ways to generate the salaries of their employees on time, because after all they've worked for it. And I'm hoping that if by any chance the so-called devoted Christian/Muslim employers would come across this article, they'd also have the conscience to comply with it otherwise their laborers may cry to the Lord against them, and they will be guilty of sin.
And if for any reason there is a delay, communication is key. It's important to inform your employees and to make every effort to rectify the situation promptly. Let's all strive to treat our employees with the respect and fairness they deserve.

The act of delaying wages/salaries without remorse is becoming an art for most employers and it is an act of evil. Act accordingly because their heart is set on their wages/salaries.
Thanks.
Only in Nigeria, in a saner environment, they got paid as and when due
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by obinna58(m): 10:27am On Jan 08
accordadoga25:
Hehehe

Igbo employers wicked
U go chop Ban grin

1 Like

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by BadBradley: 10:28am On Jan 08
QuinModah:
undecided create your own job.
when everyone creates their own jobs who will work for amd with who?

Some of una go just leave una brain for toilet rush come Nairaland to post without sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Offpoint1: 10:29am On Jan 08
Salaries delay is not even the problem, the wickedness lies in when they don't event let their employees know there will be delay in paying, They just act like it's normal.

3 Likes

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by BadBradley: 10:31am On Jan 08
Kobicove:
When will you write about employees who...

Steal from their employer's business

Use business time to do personal runs

Divert company resources to personal use

Consistently show up late for work

Inflate invoices so they can get kickbacks from suppliers etc undecided
stay on topic. E be like say that post touch you reach your spirit.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Offpoint1: 10:32am On Jan 08
Kobicove:

Steal from their employer's business

Delay of salary and none payment give birth to the above. Run a survey and you'll get your answer.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Kazim88: 10:32am On Jan 08
Which one is "Oppressors'" and "Oppressed". Oga if you don't want to work for someone, become self employed. Its a free world.
Those Communist terms has long been debunk as being invalid.

True, most Nigeria employers don't do well wish to me is an opportunity for employers doing well because they get to attract and retain the best staff.

Also most employees are dangerous, its human nature.

OP if your company is delaying your salary, take your time, send out applications, if you get a new opening, tell him you are relocating to the village, next Monday move to your new job.

Wetin bring oppression for the matter.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Kinkinatus(m): 10:33am On Jan 08
I could be wrong but I thought flexible working conditions are available in most organisations.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:39am On Jan 08
MOST EMPLOYERS THAT DO THIS SHITT ARE TRYING TO VENT ON EMPLOYEES THEIR PAST ENCOUNTERS WHEN THEY WERE IN LABOUR MARKET. angry THEY DONT CARE,THEIR CONSCIENCE IS ALMOST DEAD undecided
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:40am On Jan 08
MOST ONE-MAN OR ONE WOMAN EMPLOYERS THAT DO THIS SHITT ARE TRYING TO VENT ON EMPLOYEES THEIR PAST ENCOUNTERS WHEN THEY WERE IN LABOUR MARKET. angry THEY DONT CARE,THEIR CONSCIENCE IS ALMOST DEAD undecided
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Danisaint112(m): 10:42am On Jan 08
accordadoga25:
Hehehe

Igbo employers wicked

Chief Seun isn't this one of the hate speech you preach against that almost got Nairaland into trouble?

Isn't it high time you banned this lady who have been instigating only hate speech against a certain tribe 97% of time she comments?

Or she is left to do this always, because she is Yoruba? 🤨
I don't just understand.

4 Likes

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by VinnyBaba: 10:46am On Jan 08
Offpoint1:

Delay of salary and none payment give birth to the above. Run a survey and you'll get your answer.

Dat's a BIG LIE from you. sad

Some Employees, even if You pay them on the 25Th,
They will still STEAL, Gossip and handle The Company's Properties with Nonchalance. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Offpoint1: 10:48am On Jan 08
VinnyBaba:

Dat's a BIG LIE from you. sad

Some Employees, even if You pay them on the 25Th,
They will still STEAL, Gossip and handle The Company's Properties with Nonchalance. undecided undecided
I don't like arguments, neither am I trying to defend your claims. I'm telling you where the roots started, run your survey and you'll find out.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by VULCAN(m): 10:52am On Jan 08
This is a lie and you know it.

And by the way, run a survey with who? The employees who steal and gossip or the employers who keep sacking bad staff continuously.

Offpoint1:

1 Like

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by akanbiaa(m): 11:05am On Jan 08
EmperorTolson:
Thinking Out Loud
Initially, I don't want to talk about this because I don't want some people to think the message is directed to them. But on second thought, I think the message is actually for them. I'm talking about those oppressors called employers who oppress their employees by refusing to pay their wages/salaries on time. The questions are:
Would you as an employer allow your employees to perform their duties any time they wish?
I mean would you allow them to resume work by 9 am instead of 7 am and close by 1 pm instead of 4 pm?
Why then would you not pay their wages/salaries on time?
Let me guess, the sales are low or you needed to source for their wages/salaries elsewhere. With(out) due respect, you sound like an oppressor. You have probably forgotten that some of these employees are poor and needy which is why they are working in your organization else they'd have their own companies.

Even, though it was written in
Deuteronomy 24:14-15King James Version (KJV) that
14 Thou shalt not oppress a hired servant that is poor and needy, whether he be of thy brethren, or of thy strangers that are in thy land within thy gates: 15 At his day, thou shalt give him his hire, neither shall the sun go down upon it; for he is poor, and setteth his heart upon it: lest he cry against thee unto the Lord, and it be sin unto thee.

Also in Sunan Ibn Majah 2443 that
Give the worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

"To give it to him before his sweat dries is a metaphor for the obligation to pay him as soon as the job is done, even if he does not sweat, or if he sweated and it has dried.” what this simply means is to hasten to give him his dues as soon as the work is done.

By reading those verses, you should understand by now that the most basic thing of paying your employees on time is not just commanded by Law, but also by God. 
Yes, as employees if they receive their wages late, they might be stressed or even in trouble for not being able to pay their bills on time.

My Advice is that business owners should always find ways to generate the salaries of their employees on time, because after all they've worked for it. And I'm hoping that if by any chance the so-called devoted Christian/Muslim employers would come across this article, they'd also have the conscience to comply with it otherwise their laborers may cry to the Lord against them, and they will be guilty of sin.
And if for any reason there is a delay, communication is key. It's important to inform your employees and to make every effort to rectify the situation promptly. Let's all strive to treat our employees with the respect and fairness they deserve.

The act of delaying wages/salaries without remorse is becoming an art for most employers and it is an act of evil. Act accordingly because their heart is set on their wages/salaries.
Thanks.
Wetin You wan those wey employer never pay14 months plus salaries and have pushed employees into huge debts from transportation cost to work and other associated on the job related expenses? If You do not have a God fearing Employer, Just be patient or leave everything to God and seek another job. For even if You fight for Your rights legally most employers are willing to spend 7 times the money owed you to fight you back and bribe from it if need be.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by doncollino: 11:07am On Jan 08
The problem is the Nigerian labour law, the feds, and other bodies that are supposed to make sure sanity returns to our system. This is part of the reason we have zero consumer confidence, and stealing. Even the feds don't pay on time,
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Originalsly: 11:23am On Jan 08
EmperorTolson:

I deliberately wrote this because the two employers I worked for have taken pleasure in not paying my salaries on time.
I'll paste them on my WhatsApp status and make sure they see it cos it's for them.

I don't blame the employers ... I blame the employees. How can you work and not be paid as agreed ... and do nothing about it? Employers love cowards. You have started a thread on this widespread exploitation.... but afraid to name the employers or their companies. Why? Is it you want others to be exploited just like you were?.... or you are afraid to call them out because blah blah blah?
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Skillsnigeria: 11:31am On Jan 08
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by ikeno(m): 11:33am On Jan 08
I can't even imagine delaying my employees salaries cause they work hard to run my business so paying in time boost their moral. The highest i can delay my employees salary is 2days and this is in a rare occasion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Kobicove(m): 11:46am On Jan 08
BadBradley:
stay on topic. E be like say that post touch you reach your spirit.

I dey my house, make you come beat me! undecided
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Maxtipulation(m): 11:50am On Jan 08
The only way to make your business, company, factory etc grow is to take care of your workers.

1 Like

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by anslemarinze52(m): 11:57am On Jan 08
QuinModah:
undecided create your own job.

You're a big foooooooll!!!
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by anslemarinze52(m): 11:59am On Jan 08
Kobicove:

Stealing from their employer's business

Well If an employer behaves well, I see no reason a worker won't behave himself.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Achor1111(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08
amnesty7:
The most wicked employer is an average Madam towards her house maid. Apart from the meagre pay, the inhuman treatment like beating up and yelling is on another level. Even the children in such houses are not left in mistreating the maid.
Another case study
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Kobicove(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08
Offpoint1:

No matter how well you treat an average Nigerian employee he will still steal from you once he gets the opportunity! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by siant: 12:30pm On Jan 08
In future, the issue of monthly salary may be fizzled out. It will start in the developed countries.

In the civilized countries, there have been critics of monthly wages. They argue that once an employer is late to pay salaries, he needs to pay interest on it, cus if the employee invest the money or put it in time bound account during that period, it will definitely yield return/ interest.
They believe that immediately you close work for the day, you need to get your money.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by Newton2024: 1:23pm On Jan 08
EmperorTolson:
I deliberately wrote this because the two employers I worked for have taken pleasure in not paying my salaries on time.
I'll paste them on my WhatsApp status and make sure they see it cos it's for them.
Paste it on your Facebook timeline. It's worth sharing.
Re: Nonchalant Wicked Attitude Of Most Employer. by yemmit90: 1:36pm On Jan 08
VinnyBaba:

OP,

Employees (particularly in Nigeria) are more TERRIBLE than Employers. sad sad

Some likes to Come Late, Press Phones during Work hours, Gossip and
Even Steal company's property when they are going home. embarassed undecided

Exactly 💯, an average Nigerian employee only focus on his/her pay check and not your business or company.

Only few employers are wicked to workers that help them improve their income or sales, compare to employees that majority of them are only after their salaries and your downfalls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alan & Grant Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Get A CV Template Here!!! / 5 Signs Of A Good Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.