Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights (31137 Views)

Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Omihanifa: 4:32pm On Jan 03
SuperSport Channel will not broadcast African Cup of Nations games as DSTV failed to secure the tournament’s right to broadcast.

MultiChoice announced this in a statement on Wednesday as football lovers prepare for another edition of AFCON.

“SuperSport Channel will not broadcast the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 scheduled for January 13th to February 11th, 2024, because the channel has not secured the rights to broadcast the tournament,” said MultiChoice.

MultiChoice added, “However, AFCON 2023 games will be available through our partner broadcast stations on Free to Air (FTA) channels.”

https://gazettengr.com/supersport-wont-air-nations-cup-matches-as-dstv-fails-to-secure-afcon-2023-broadcast-rights/

9 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by atiku4President(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03
Better. Many Nigerians will avoid the usual heartbreaks that come with the activities of the so called super eagles

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by happney65: 4:56pm On Jan 03
Purify5:
It's quite unfortunate

Very unfortunate. Just saw it on Punch. With all the money they charge us.

Too bad!

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by markidoo(m): 5:58pm On Jan 03
Orrrr No need for January and February subscriptions.
It might even spur me to get the alternative to DSTV..

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by popweezy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 03
I just dey pity the nigeria squad grin

I no wan even reason the keeper BASKET UZOHO

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by thatigboman: 5:58pm On Jan 03
I will pay about N30,000 per month DSTV subscription and not watch AFCON? Someone tell me this is a joke.

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by slaawomirr: 5:58pm On Jan 03
Damnnn niggar
They air it or not I don't give a fuckkk

I don't care wether super eagles do well in this tournament

What I'm certain of is that all super eagles opponents to score super eagles over 0.5 goals is a sure odd

And I must stake all my money on it

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ClearFlair: 5:58pm On Jan 03
How come

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by 4tomandchi: 5:58pm On Jan 03
Good for them how I wish they will also miss out on EPL right for next season

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by StormpyBee: 5:58pm On Jan 03
These South Africans, why didn't they let me know since, I no for subscrib.

DSTV have reap me!

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by money121(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03
Wahala grin grin
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Toluwanise247(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03
South Africa Tv…..

6 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 5:59pm On Jan 03
Doesn't affect me as long as premiere league / champions League isn't tampered with plus my discovery ID😂

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by besticality: 6:00pm On Jan 03
These guys are not serious.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by STEWpid(f): 6:00pm On Jan 03
Chai..

I guess the Ghana-Must-Go bags are not full and heavy enough to exchange hands.

Lobarton!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by thatigboman: 6:00pm On Jan 03
The only thing that still make me subscribe to DSTV is big brother. The day I will say to hell to big brother is the same day I will say to hell with DSTv

8 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by chukkystar(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03
Probably the fees was too high and Multi choice refused to pay cos they couldn't get a good enough profit Margin on that deal. Or it could be that they are trying to promote their affiliate Business which is doing Free to air and help dem get enough Subscribers with AFCON..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Akfrenzy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03
grin people hardly watch African football except on SEMI's or finals

They don't want to waste money

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by CoronaVirusPro: 6:02pm On Jan 03
OGTV will broadcast it.

23 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by christejames(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03
This is the biggest news in the mediashpere of Nigeria 🇳🇬 shocked shocked

The monopoly of this guys is too much. Finally, one can watch AFCON with a free mind...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by gerrardomendes(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03
Giant of Africa crying over SA tv

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ruggedboych: 6:03pm On Jan 03
Good I no wan get bp

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Rahkman: 6:03pm On Jan 03
Very good let's go back to the 80s and 90s where we watch football through our transistor radios and vivid imaginations of jay jay okocha dancing through the midfields as captured and told by our bias radio commentators....or better still hope NTA the archaic channel that represents how nigeria has remain stagnant for 50 years,air the matches for us......tinubu has finally driven us back to the 80s maybe he might take us to the stone ages, who knows?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by EmekaBlue(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03
What of AIT and NTA?!

11 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by jeff1993: 6:03pm On Jan 03
Make dem no wori .... our precious NTA will do it for us!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Ayobeck(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03
Dey don reap us again....

10 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by DrTee1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03
So should we fry beans? grin wink smiley

N.B: Some DSTV would channels would show it but SuperSport wouldn't. CANAL, for example is on DSTV (French Bouquet) and would air the AFCON.

11 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by accantmanz: 6:04pm On Jan 03
grin
Good thing I stopped subscribing months ago.
How will you just force commentators on people without giving them the option to choose?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games / Barca Eliminated From Champions League Group Stage For First Time In 21 Years / Ahmed Musa Gifted A House To Joan Iwuchukwu, A Journalist In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.