Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,390 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights (31173 Views)

Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Wotowotoman: 6:33pm On Jan 03
chukkystar:
Probably the fees was too high and Multi choice refused to pay cos they couldn't get a good enough profit Margin on that deal. Or it could be that they are trying to promote their affiliate Business which is doing Free to air and help dem get enough Subscribers with AFCON..

Free to Air is like NTA. Na Multichoice get NTA

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by stagger: 6:33pm On Jan 03
New World TV won the bidding rights for both the 2023 and 2025 editions.
Enough of DSTV monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Blazadenise(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03
thatigboman:
I will pay about N30,000 per month DSTV subscription and not watch AFCON? Someone tell me this is a joke.

Baba naa you choose to they waste money na, with 30k you can switch to unlimited fiber broadband network and be watching anything on the internet, Netflix and watch live matches, and you paying that just on dstv and yet you still pay data subscription for yourself and probably your wife and the rest ..eyeh

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Blazadenise(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03
thatigboman:
I will pay about N30,000 per month DSTV subscription and not watch AFCON? Someone tell me this is a joke.

Baba naa you choose to they waste money na, with 30k you can switch to unlimited fiber broadband network and be watching anything on the internet, Netflix and watch live matches, and you paying that just on dstv and yet you still pay data subscription for yourself and probably your wife and the rest ..eyeh

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by finallybusy: 6:36pm On Jan 03
Changes nothing in my life.

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Segunbabba(m): 6:36pm On Jan 03
Startimes to the rescue

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Angelfrost(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03
That's a pathetic shame...!

DSTV has overstayed its welcome in this country.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Segxydube: 6:39pm On Jan 03
markidoo:
Orrrr No need for January and February subscriptions.
It might even spur me to get the alternative to DSTV..

Is there any alternative?

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Angelfrost(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
They air it or not I don't give a fuckkk

I don't care wether super eagles do well in this tournament

What I'm certain of is that all super eagles opponents to score super eagles over 0.5 goals is a sure odd

And I must stake all my money on it

You even reason clean sheets for Uzoho! grin

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by thatigboman: 6:40pm On Jan 03
tunwumi:

NTA, AIT, TVC etc will show it on dstv
I hope so o. With their poor quality production. Will still be better than not watching
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by thatigboman: 6:41pm On Jan 03
Blazadenise:

tell me more about this please. I really have to switch.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Segxydube: 6:42pm On Jan 03
chukkystar:
Probably the fees was too high and Multi choice refused to pay cos they couldn't get a good enough profit Margin on that deal. Or it could be that they are trying to promote their affiliate Business which is doing Free to air and help dem get enough Subscribers with AFCON..

Which free to air oo?

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by thatigboman: 6:42pm On Jan 03
ufotunang:
. For DStv to secure the rights to show afcon matches DStv will have to pay more higher amount of money to the organizers / CAF and with that DStv will have to increase their subscription fees and charge more from their DStv customers.and with that that 30,0000 naira you are paying you will have to pay 35,000 naira in order to watch the afcon matches on DStv
na waoh. AFCON we used to watch those days on local NTA has become something else. Na waah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Pootle: 6:43pm On Jan 03
thatigboman:

asin i dont get this undecided

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by plessis: 6:44pm On Jan 03
GorgeousAF:
Doesn't affect me as long as premiere league / champions League isn't tampered with plus my discovery ID😂
Don't you feel ashamed that we give billions of dollars yearly, to the people that kidnapped and enslaved our ancestors?

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by ojayunited(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03
Banter1:
Is startimes gonna show the games?

yes

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Heffalump(m): 6:46pm On Jan 03
markidoo:
Orrrr No need for January and February subscriptions.
It might even spur me to get the alternative to DSTV..

.... but then, what's the alternative to DTSV in Nigeria as of today? The monopoly is really too bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Triplerg: 6:47pm On Jan 03
Is this a joke or something with all the exorbitant amounts they charge for subscriptions?

3 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Pharovo(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03
IPTV sure pass. Bein Sport to the rescue. I don dump my dstv since September last year. 12k monthly sub on my Tizeti network I can watch anything on IPTV no issues. DSTV father well well.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by amakanancy(f): 6:49pm On Jan 03
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
They air it or not I don't give a fuckkk

I don't care wether super eagles do well in this tournament

What I'm certain of is that all super eagles opponents to score super eagles over 0.5 goals is a sure odd

And I must stake all my money on it

All your money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by omoredia: 6:57pm On Jan 03
happney65:

Very unfortunate. Just saw it on Punch. With all the money they charge us.

Too bad!

Then are having 10 times revenue to send back home if u dont know
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Thinktwicemybro: 6:57pm On Jan 03
Kilometres:

rip not reap
With all the English you know you are still a tenant

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by DannyMTP(m): 7:05pm On Jan 03
Any sure alternatives please, that also air English premiership

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by princeabdul(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03
DSTV were out bade.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by KingAzubuike(f): 7:10pm On Jan 03
GorgeousAF:
Doesn't affect me as long as premiere league / champions League isn't tampered with plus my discovery ID😂
So you self dey watch discovery ID grin. My brother. You dey enjoy those murder cases and investigations?

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Enemyofpeace: 7:10pm On Jan 03
Very good. I'm deleted to hear this news, I'm so happy. Let them continue to increase their subscription

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Enemyofpeace: 7:11pm On Jan 03
DannyMTP:
go tv
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by leadinggists(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03
YouTube
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by famousroland(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03
If SHOWMAX GO SHOW AM I DEY OKAY
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Tonididdyx: 7:13pm On Jan 03
GorgeousAF:

You go like crime oh 😁

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by famousroland(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03
DannyMTP:
SHOWMAX is the best for english premiership and still owned by multi-choice....
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by aremubabs: 7:16pm On Jan 03
And I just bought a GOTV decoder with the intention of enjoying free one month subscription to watch the AFCON.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Egypt - AYC (0 - 2) - Final Score / Zidane: The UCL Draw? If We Play Liverpool, We Will Eliminate Them / ‘I Waited For 17 Years’- Ighalo Elated To Win First Career League Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.