Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights (31143 Views)

Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by moderatedguy: 7:17pm On Jan 03
markidoo:
Orrrr No need for January and February subscriptions.
It might even spur me to get the alternative to DSTV..
Dey play.... what of PREMIER LEAGUE.Dstv still holds the ace ooo

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Agunesinjaweola: 7:18pm On Jan 03
We don't need DSTV to watch Nations Cup 🏆

Shoprite can also close down 👇

We need an indigenous service providers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Biggaboi(m): 7:23pm On Jan 03
This came on time cos I've been waiting for the tournament to begin b4 renewing my subscription. Now I go just keep my money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by rolams(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03
AFCON wey no fit sweet before. Tweee!

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by CodedHustler: 7:26pm On Jan 03
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Simdyofficial(f): 7:29pm On Jan 03
CoronaVirusPro:
OGTV will broadcast it.

AIT nko grin

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:34pm On Jan 03
they feel it's not profitable

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Chinedumejoooo: 7:36pm On Jan 03
There should be alternative

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Topshow2010(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03
That yeye Start times I switched over to this year supposed take advantage of this o......even d Korean epic movies I loved to watch ;this Mofo Star times has stop showing except those chinko movies and yet their subscription has increased too. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Mummyfour(f): 7:38pm On Jan 03
bluefilm:

I love Discovery ID to death!
my favorite too especially those programs that deal with forensics and thorough investigations.
Some one once accused me of loving SNAPPED because I wanted to know how to kill him 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by sketcherJ(m): 7:40pm On Jan 03
bluefilm:

Hahah so I am not the only one? Wow! I am a big fan. I sleep on the channel 2/4/7
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by sslcrypt: 7:40pm On Jan 03
Topshow2010:
That yeye Start times I switched over to this year supposed take advantage of this o......even d Korean epic movies I loved to watch ;this Mofo Star times has stop showing except those chinko movies and yet their subscription has increased too. angry

Chinese don't know business. They don't know Korean drama is what is been watched. They keep flooding the useless channels on startimes with their series that's kinda poor.
My aunty and cousins have bin the startimes, I guess Netflix is the best. Because they see all the Korean drama series on it.

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Fantazy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03
Omihanifa:
SuperSport Channel will not broadcast African Cup of Nations games as DSTV failed to secure the tournament’s right to broadcast.

MultiChoice announced this in a statement on Wednesday as football lovers prepare for another edition of AFCON.

“SuperSport Channel will not broadcast the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 scheduled for January 13th to February 11th, 2024, because the channel has not secured the rights to broadcast the tournament,” said MultiChoice.

MultiChoice added, “However, AFCON 2023 games will be available through our partner broadcast stations on Free to Air (FTA) channels.”

https://gazettengr.com/supersport-wont-air-nations-cup-matches-as-dstv-fails-to-secure-afcon-2023-broadcast-rights/

But wait o, what happen to our AIT, NTA, DBN, STV and many other free to air stations?
I need to buy free to air antenna ASAP
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Banter1(m): 7:46pm On Jan 03
ClassyJay:
Yes they will on their StarTimes Sports Channels.
Okay, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Umunwa005: 7:56pm On Jan 03
What dstv faiils to do startimes will do it . Just rush get your startimes decoder very cheap and the subscription is affordable you can call us for more details.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Gboom: 7:58pm On Jan 03
Rahkman:
Very good let's go back to the 80s and 90s where we watch football through our transistor radios and vivid imaginations of jay jay okocha dancing through the midfields as captured and told by our bias radio commentators....or better still hope NTA the archaic channel that represents how nigeria has remain stagnant for 50 years,air the matches for us......tinubu has finally driven us back to the 80s maybe he might take us to the stone ages, who knows?

You these hatred fellows cannot cease hating, wetin concern Tinubu with DSTV and their failed AFCON broadcasting rights .
Did NTA told you they are not televising the games?

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 7:58pm On Jan 03
bluefilm:

We are in d same boat guy😂

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 7:59pm On Jan 03
plessis:

Don't you feel ashamed that we give billions of dollars yearly, to the people that kidnapped and enslaved our ancestors?

I'm not ashamed... You can now rest!!!

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 8:00pm On Jan 03
KingAzubuike:

So you self dey watch discovery ID grin. My brother. You dey enjoy those murder cases and investigations?

Yes... I learn from it!!! I'm a psychologist so yes it intrigues me!!!
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by GorgeousAF(f): 8:01pm On Jan 03
Tonididdyx:

You go like crime oh 😁

I don't like crime😂 I want to understand why criminals behave in a certain way.. What motivates them? What drives them?
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Sirianese: 8:02pm On Jan 03
Omihanifa:
SuperSport Channel will not broadcast African Cup of Nations games as DSTV failed to secure the tournament’s right to broadcast.

MultiChoice announced this in a statement on Wednesday as football lovers prepare for another edition of AFCON.

“SuperSport Channel will not broadcast the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 scheduled for January 13th to February 11th, 2024, because the channel has not secured the rights to broadcast the tournament,” said MultiChoice.

MultiChoice added, “However, AFCON 2023 games will be available through our partner broadcast stations on Free to Air (FTA) channels.”

https://gazettengr.com/supersport-wont-air-nations-cup-matches-as-dstv-fails-to-secure-afcon-2023-broadcast-rights/

I bet they didn't even really bid because if they win and broadcast the games, how are they going to get their money out?

Nigeria's dollar problem at work again
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Umunwa005: 8:04pm On Jan 03
Watch all the AfCON matchies live and in hd channel exclusively on startimes call us today for genuine business. 08135811066 Destiny ventures .
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by dereborn(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03
Pharovo:
IPTV sure pass. Bein Sport to the rescue. I don dump my dstv since September last year. 12k monthly sub on my Tizeti network I can watch anything on IPTV no issues. DSTV father well well.

I can give you unlimited monthly sub for 6k on another network. For further info call or WhatsApp 08033842433
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Trustmea: 8:12pm On Jan 03
It still baffles me how this company continues to dominate this country without strong competitors that will give them chase for their money.
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by webizone(m): 8:14pm On Jan 03
GorgeousAF:
Doesn't affect me as long as premiere league / champions League isn't tampered with plus my discovery ID😂

What? You love Discovery ID? I thought I was the only one. Most people can't relate.

1 Like

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Safola45: 8:20pm On Jan 03
Tinubu this tinubu that. For another 8 goods
Years. Continue please

.....tinubu has finally driven us back to the 80s maybe he might take us to the stone ages, who knows?[/quote]
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by Trophy12: 8:22pm On Jan 03
thatigboman:
I will pay about N30,000 per month DSTV subscription and not watch AFCON? Someone tell me this is a joke.
, because you choose to waste your money. Imagine 30k person two months salary, just for ordinary subscription. It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by samwash(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03
Wait!!! Someone should educate me, is it that super sport will not be showing the tournament in Nigeria or it's they didn't buy the right at all ?
They may decide to air it in other African countries don't you think so?
It's high time for other cable companies in nigeria to brake DStv Monopoly have a very strong competitors.

3 Likes

Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by LZAA: 8:33pm On Jan 03
So na to watch AFCON with NTA and their 1960 cameras
😄😄
Smh
Re: Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights by LZAA: 8:35pm On Jan 03
samwash:
Wait!!! Someone should educate me, is it that super sport will not be showing the tournament in Nigeria or it's they didn't buy the right at all ?
They may decide to air it in other African countries don't you think so?
It's high time for other cable companies in nigeria to brake DStv Monopoly have a very strong competitors.
Far from it
Dstv spend so much paying sky to show you epl they cannot compete with other satellite companies
Also CAF have their own television deals as well

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games / Barca Eliminated From Champions League Group Stage For First Time In 21 Years / Barca Women's Dominance May Be Bad For The Game - Sociedad Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.