Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line (19139 Views)

FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 / Port Harcourt-Aba-Maiduguri Eastern Railway Corridor Construction Speeds Up / The Poor State Of Port-Harcourt - Aba Train Services (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Gentlealibu: 7:22pm On Jan 03

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by onuman: 7:25pm On Jan 03
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

Rotimi Amaechi, the former minister of transportation, said the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri rail line would connect Rivers, Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau, Kaduna, Bauchi, Gombe, Yobe and Borno states by rail.

Rotimi Amaechi was employed by Buhari. Rotimi Amaechi wouldn't be so unthinkable to not understand that there has to be uniform railway gauge to connect the country's cities in every region.

The idea of outmoded narrow gauge for the east but modern standard gauge for the SW and NW looks Fulani/APC idea.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03
seeme2:
Jagaban, father and developer of Iboland !

Lol, you dey find who Una go argue 😂, you know say no be true. Enjoy jaare
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Decarbonisation: 7:34pm On Jan 03
Fu...cking majoring in minor, CCECC bloody fools!
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by onuman: 7:37pm On Jan 03
Raskimonojendor:

Don't you want to be like Japan, Taiwan, South Africa, Indonesia e.t.c

Worst is that you don't understand what you post.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Chinedumejoooo: 7:41pm On Jan 03
After thought but better than bad news
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by viodemus: 7:56pm On Jan 03
Umu chineke, let us not be going their aloof way, wetin dem know. We are being lead by archaic people, not good for us. We need cargo rail, and underground passenger rail.

We have to call the Americans to help us build rails. The good thing about the Americans, they bring in the experts and they direct you on what to do, there by, giving you some level of expertise and experience. They can be costly. But the chinese will not transfer even basic knowledge to you. So, let us be very sharp with things.

The cargo rail from the ports in ph, akwa ibom, and calabar. Spread it to delta, Anambra, enugu, imo, abia, ebonyi, and Rivers. Then we still have to have the one coming from Rivers straight to Anambra. In case of future refineries. Is more to it, am just surmising. Make ndi iro no go hinder us. We have to have at least two lines or more that can go to the middle belt, they can be connected from Anambra, then the one that go to benue and other places from Ebonyi. Also keep a plan for Cameroon connection. Ifa ka ana kpo kwa, igbotic economics. No stones unturned.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Elidrisy20: 8:27pm On Jan 03
Seeing is believing
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Igbek76: 8:34pm On Jan 03
CommonSense1967:

Always looking for ways to wail and cry.

Do you know how many companies and banks have closed down even in the US with the biggest and brightest economy in the world?
Companies will always close down if they can't adapt to the new emerging market. Other companies will take their place.
As one company can't stand the heat and closes down, another person sees an opportunity to supply that demand and void left over by the other company.
Companies closing down is not always because of govt incompetence, companies are like humans too, they also make mistakes, and they fail to adjust their business models to current economic realities hence they have to close down.
Don't always assume that a company is closing because of govt incompetence, sometimes it's the incompetence of those running the business as the main reason for their inability to stay in the market.

Don't mind the foolish bitter LP/ Igbos supporters.
Their castles are in the air.

Kudos to APC government.
That useless PDP has zero legacy in 16 years.
They said they use all the trillions of naira for only foods.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by BlueBlackPackag(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03
Splashme:
How many times do they lay tracks on this particular PH - Aba?

Jonathan did it and trains even use it.

Amaechi too did it

See images since GEJ's te

So where is the image for Amaechi's?
I want to confirm something quickly!
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by dnawah(m): 8:40pm On Jan 03
Goodvibes007:

https://www.thecable.ng/ccecc-weve-completed-laying-of-tracks-on-port-harcourt-to-aba-rail-line/amp
I bet una,if una no run that rail everyday,Aba people go use dirty cover am.

1 Like

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Iko5000: 9:22pm On Jan 03
I'm confused , the pic is showing one set of tracks , are we still operating like this
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by ebufa: 9:29pm On Jan 03
Goodvibes007:

https://www.thecable.ng/ccecc-weve-completed-laying-of-tracks-on-port-harcourt-to-aba-rail-line/amp

when Biafra comes we will restrict dis obsolete cattle wagon for carrying fulani cows from far north.............narrow gauge and one track in 2023!
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by lordm(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03
Workch:
You built narrow Guage in port Harcourt to Aba where most of the money is coming from but then you build standard Guage in Lagos to kano.

Lol, make una dey play
that rail runs to maiduguri

1 Like

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Workch: 9:33pm On Jan 03
lordm:
that rail runs to maiduguri
not yet
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by obailala(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color][/b]

As the name suggests, the narrow-gauge railway is essentially distinguished by a smaller gauge width of just 750 mm. This gives it a number of advantages over railways with normal gauges (1435 mm). The narrower gauge enables tighter curves to be taken, especially in valleys and in generally difficult terrain.
I'm sorry but building narrow gauge rails in this age and era is next to nonsense. I also hear it's a single rail line, i.e. trains can move in only one direction per time.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Shikena(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03
Great job!
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by VULCAN(m): 11:09pm On Jan 03
I know one must be daft to be an APC supporter but must you make your own case so obvious?

This project has been on for years.

Any person with an IQ of 70 will know that this precede this govt.

I guess that identifies where you belong

seeme2:
Jagaban, father and developer of Iboland !
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Quintessence44: 11:36pm On Jan 03
obailala:
Who lays narrow gauge rail lines in this age?

MANY COUNTRIES IN EUROPE, AFRICA AND ASIA, STILL USE NARROW GAUGE TODAY.

IGNORAMUS.

2 Likes

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Quintessence44: 11:36pm On Jan 03
Flame333:
Building rails while companies keep shutting down..

Keep building rails whose generated revenue is less than the cost of maintenance..

Anyways, nothing surprises me anymore in this country..

ANOTHER DUMB, IGNORANT POST.

YOU WOULD RATHER RICH WHITE CEOs GET TO KEEP THEIR BILLIONS IN NIGERIAN MONEY WHILE NIGERIANS LACK MODERN, EFFICIENT TRANSPORT FOR THEIR GOODS AND PEOPLE.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, PUBLIC RAIL IS NOT A PROFIT-MAKING VENTURE (AS IF YOU WILL EVEN SEE THE PROFIT YOURSELF).

IT IS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO BOOST ECONOMIC ACTIVITY AND LESSEN THE PAIN FOR COMMUTERS.

2 Likes

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Quintessence44: 11:43pm On Jan 03
SoNature:

Stop wailing! Railways are critical infrastructure for national development and boosting the economy. It has nothing to do with companies closing shops!

SOME PEOPLE ARE ONLY GOOD FOR ONE THING: CRITICISING THE GOVT.

APART FROM THAT, THEIR HEADS ARE EMPTY.

THEY ARE SAD CREATURES.

2 Likes

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Houseofglam7(f): 11:47pm On Jan 03
darthv:

You just want to comment. you have been noticed
On the contrary, you couldn’t score cheap points on your own so you had to quote me.
Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame. 😊

Bye kiddo.

1 Like

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Bluffly: 12:30am On Jan 04
Can't those bushes be pushed back
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by obailala(m): 1:14am On Jan 04
Quintessence44:

MANY COUNTRIES IN EUROPE, AFRICA AND ASIA, STILL USE NARROW GAUGE TODAY.

IGNORAMUS.
You must be a pathetic dunce to dare insult me after regurgitating such nonsense. So because some narrow gauge rails largely from the pre-1900 era are still being used in some parts of Europe, then that automatically is an economic and business justification for Nigeria to be constructing new narrow gauge rails in 2024? Did you ask yourself what purpose those countries use those narrow gauge rails for? Or you just want to advertise your ignorance publicly because you feel a compulsion to defend anything the government does?

You must think those countries that succesfully phased out their narrow gauge rails and replaced them with standard gauge rails are foolish for doing so.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by BRATISLAVA: 2:58am On Jan 04
If there ever was an amusing racist pic, it's the symmetrical one used in the article. Opened the thread to see it, and they didn't disappoint.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by MasterTeeUSA: 3:11am On Jan 04
While "standard gauge" rails placed 4 feet, 8.5 inches apart provided stability and allowed very large trains to run fast, "narrow gauge" rails could be laid more quickly, could let the train go around tighter curves, and could more easily handle rough or mountainous landscapes.

https://mainenarrowgauge.org/mission-history#:~:text=While%20%22standard%20gauge%22%20rails%20placed,handle%20rough%20or%20mountainous%20landscapes.

Goodvibes007:

1 Like

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by MasterTeeUSA: 3:15am On Jan 04
Why play the victimhood all the time? When Niger Bridge 2 was done...it was...Federal Govt is trying to put tolls in order to take money out of SE. So if the Fed Govt cant recoup investment, and decided to do a cheaper narrow gauge, why all the noise? Most of the big men in SE will take planes...only goods and cargo will be moved and its a faster cheaper investment to expand into SE. Yes, let us ask questions as to why this was used over that...but I am sick of adults complaining and whinning like children. It annoys me.

Goodvibes007:

2 Likes

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Irony1: 5:17am On Jan 04
stunnert:
My Jagaban is working

Is too early for this misguided eye service.
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Irony1: 5:19am On Jan 04
MasterTeeUSA:
Why play the victimhood all the time? When Niger Bridge 2 was done...it was...Federal Govt is trying to put tolls in order to take money out of SE. So if the Fed Govt cant recoup investment, and decided to do a cheaper narrow gauge, why all the noise? Most of the big men in SE will take planes...only goods and cargo will be moved and its a faster cheaper investment to expand into SE. Yes, let us ask questions as to why this was used over that...but I am sick of adults complaining and whinning like children. It annoys me.

Why was standard gauge used, when it was evident that the Lagos Kano corridor was not profitable and the ROI was poor? Oga stop playing too much semantics

1 Like

Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by SweedenR: 5:25am On Jan 04
Hi famz, I really need your assistance. I am a fresh graduate that is job hunting and staying with a friend (kindly note that this dude once stay in my apartment before I went for service and I never for once saw it as a big deal). He seems okay about my stay at first but his attitude towards me has changed completely. I teach in a school where I earn 35k and I have managed to save up some money to rent an apartment. His attitude towards me is becoming unbearable and I am presently depressed and do not know where to run. Kindly assist with whatever God lays in your heart. 2125955735 UBA
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by Flame333: 5:27am On Jan 04
Quintessence44:

ANOTHER DUMB, IGNORANT POST.

YOU WOULD RATHER RICH WHITE CEOs GET TO KEEP THEIR BILLIONS IN NIGERIAN MONEY WHILE NIGERIANS LACK MODERN, EFFICIENT TRANSPORT FOR THEIR GOODS AND PEOPLE.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, PUBLIC RAIL IS NOT A PROFIT-MAKING VENTURE (AS IF YOU WILL EVEN SEE THE PROFIT YOURSELF).

IT IS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO BOOST ECONOMIC ACTIVITY AND LESSEN THE PAIN FOR COMMUTERS.

Simply because the container on your head is now being used as LAWMA dump site doesn't give you enough room to adequately think before bashing on people post... You're just one of those conducive jackasses supporting poor governance in this country.. Please confirm the ewu with a reply..
Re: CCECC: We Have Completed Laying Of Tracks On Port Harcourt-Aba Rail Line by MasterTeeUSA: 5:44am On Jan 04
Kano is the gateway to countries outside of Nigeria in the North, so goods and freight trains can move from Lagos to Kano to other neighboring countries. Because it is not profitable now, does not mean it wont be once we start refining and moving petroleum products among others. You really think you are smarter than all heads put together in the Executive council under Buhari...the same person that delivered a promised bridge to SE since 1978. Wake up.

Irony1:

Why was standard gauge used, when it was evident that the Lagos Kano corridor was not profitable and the ROI was poor? Oga stop playing too much semantics

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africa Seizes Air Tanzania ₦32.6b Aircraft Over An Unpaid Debt Of ₦11.9b / Five Kano Students Die In Road Crash (Photos) / Is Cyprus A Good Country To Go And Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.