Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba (46381 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Why Youths Should Better Work For Someone - Vincent Adeoba / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by GloriousGbola: 10:17am On Jan 05
Advision:

the most stupid thing ambode did.

With gokada, there was someone to hold to account for misdeed, with the regular bikes, everyone bears their own name.

With gokada, it would have been easier to tackle insecurity and reckless driving by holding gokada responsible for the conduct of its drivers.

If he had an issue with the proliferation, he could have simply capped their numbers.

Probabaly, he was nurtw's pocket also

90% of thise bikes DO NOT HAVE LICESNE PLATES

they can do ANYTHING and get away with it
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Johnson5258: 10:17am On Jan 05
So, what will we call Northerners voting for Atiku and Easteners voting for Peter Obi? after Peter Obi won a whole Lagos state? Stop all this dividing words.

mabea:
What about the Yorubas that voted Labour party and the Igbos that APC?
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by cmikel: 10:17am On Jan 05
Ireportlive:
cool

The ability to get up from failure is the most defining attribute of every successful person.

A qoute from my favorite book

Outwitting the devil

To better explain NURTW model of revenue collection for LGA and LASG and why Government deliberately employed agberos

1: When Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR took over office as Lagos State Governor in 1999, his first major challenge was insecurity, hoodlums, pickpocket, youthful unemployment

2: Tinubu needed a way to get millions of idle youth engaged in a way that skilled and unskilled, educated and uneducated youth would have something doing

pure lies in defence of gov. Agbero started when allocations were no longer coming from federal government lead obj, agbero and other taxation models were introduced to sustain payments of salaries to state workers throughout the years of stay in office when Federal gov allocation to Lagos state was withheld.

Citizens paid that price to sustain Lagos with their monies and sweat for almost 8 years and it was championed by agbero who have now become a force in Lagos and expanded to other states also

We need to understand that the countrys institutions is designed to frustrate people coming up this is never the case in other countries.

An idea you are working on in Nigeria that dint work take that to other country and see how you will blossom.

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by ednut1(m): 10:20am On Jan 05
oluztx:
Why are you running away after voting Tinubbu? Some of you Yorubaa that voted Buhari and Tinubuu should be banned from leaving this country. You must enjoy the nonsense you voted for out of tribalism.
he left Nigeria September 2022 before election. Tinubu lost in Lagos, is it not Yorubas that voted him If it was Igbo votes shebi GRV should have won. Make una dey use una head biko.

4 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by eepeepook: 10:21am On Jan 05
Okay. Good for him. Life don better.

Make person learn the magic wey oyibo do to get twenty-four seven electricity. We have the labour here, the expertise is lacking.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by rayopt(m): 10:24am On Jan 05
Some people just go school to be smart fools. How can you not know that transportation sector in Lagos is very very competitive. Uber, Lagbus, Lagride, Bolt, and a host of others that started and crashed. How can you not know and you say do SWOT analysis. SWOT kee u there. Remain in New York working for your bosses cos you are not an entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by jaxxy(m): 10:26am On Jan 05
Nice
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by slowice(m): 10:27am On Jan 05
The problem with Nigeria still remains leadership.

And this problem doesn't care about your tribe because what unites your leads is greed.

Tribalism is just a willing tool they use to advance their criminal career.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by oluztx: 10:27am On Jan 05
mabea:
What about the Yorubas that voted Labour party and the Igbos that APC?

I said some, not all Yorubaas.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Barrister900(m): 10:30am On Jan 05
jesmond3945:
tunde point of correction.
....you only wish you were even half Chinedu....
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by baralatie(m): 10:33am On Jan 05
Nurtw and agbero combo
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Greenback: 10:34am On Jan 05
Ireportlive:
cool

The ability to get up from failure is the most defining attribute of every successful person.

A qoute from my favorite book

Outwitting the devil

To better explain NURTW model of revenue collection for LGA and LASG and why Government deliberately employed agberos

1: When Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR took over office as Lagos State Governor in 1999, his first major challenge was insecurity, hoodlums, pickpocket, youthful unemployment

2: Tinubu needed a way to get millions of idle youth engaged in a way that skilled and unskilled, educated and uneducated youth would have something doing

you are quoting what,you are one of the numerous people on here who always stand for and support the activities of agberoes
in Lagos state.
The headship of the agberoes like that oluomo love luxurious lives with houses everywhere and children abroad.
Meanwhile the danfo korope drivers and Marwa okada riders who toil and work hard everyday with petrol increment,go slow,etc,can hardly afford a quarter of the luxury they enjoy.
This young hardworking man got his transport business ruined but thank God for his driving spirit.
So we ain't surprised that you still are in support of agberoes cos maybe you are probably one of you benefit from them.

May God bless and prosper all hardworking people who don't live rich off the sweats and hard labor of others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Entanglement: 10:34am On Jan 05
QuinModah:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vincentadeoba_i-relocated-to-the-us-to-start-my-career-activity-7147910125452722176-XJbJ
was it not you people especially you shouting that Nigeria is profitable and isn't good to japa and leave your homeland undecided
And invest in Nigeria? undecided

Why are you running?

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Blackdisciple(m): 10:35am On Jan 05
Blessed bro..
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by baralatie(m): 10:36am On Jan 05
Pojomojo:
Uber beat them to it. Maybe he didn't use technology properly.
Na Uber does not interfere with the agbero/nurtw operations at all

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Ireportlive: 10:39am On Jan 05
Greenback:
you are quoting what,you are one of the numerous people on here who always stand for and support the activities of agberoes
in Lagos state.
The headship of the agberoes like that oluomo love luxurious lives with houses everywhere and children abroad.
Meanwhile the danfo korope drivers and Marwa okada riders who toil and work hard everyday with petrol increment,go slow,etc,can hardly afford a quarter of the luxury they enjoy.
This young hardworking man got his transport business ruined but thank God for his driving spirit.
So we ain't surprised that you still are in support of agberoes cos maybe you are probably one of you benefit from them.

May God bless and prosper all hardworking people who don't live rich off the sweats and hard labor of others.

Drivers drive to make money, all money maker pay tax

Agberos collect levy and tax for state Government

All state collects levy like hackney permits daily from drivers

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by baralatie(m): 10:39am On Jan 05
I would like to have a copy of his market research study and swot analysis,though

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by baralatie(m): 10:41am On Jan 05
Ireportlive:

Agberos collect which levy for which state govt?

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Originalsly: 10:41am On Jan 05
What's the point in pasting this here? Aren't we suppose to interact with the poster? Moderators need to bear in mind the purpose of this forum put a stop to this. What makes it worse is many would believe this story that cannot be challenged and exposed and believe that this can be their destiny as well.

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Ireportlive: 10:42am On Jan 05
baralatie:

Agberos collect which levy for which state govt?

What ticket do you think they cut to drivers and put on their windshield?!
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Greenback: 10:44am On Jan 05
Ireportlive:

Oga stop pretending as if you don't know what we are saying.. agberoes and taxes ain't same thing.
If they collect tax from our earnings the way agberoes rob drivers,,all of us will resign.

The op sure was paying tax but it wasn't that tax that ruined his business.

Agberoes money everyday is sure for them but not all drivers end of day earnings are sure cos of the numerous obstacles on their way everyday.
You hardly see a Lagos driver that ain't looking hard and they all drive rough...just to make up.

Agberoes are a curse to hardworking drivers

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by baralatie(m): 10:45am On Jan 05
Ireportlive:

What ticket do you think they cut to drivers and put on their windshield?!
N🤣🤣
This is the type of mistake the guy did o
How many ticket do you know of thatvagero are sticking and unsticking
Abi the black marker follow inside state ticket
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by CJStarz: 10:46am On Jan 05
Guy,no let your village people see this o make dey no start to reason your matter.
Cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus Christ.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by SunMusk(m): 10:46am On Jan 05
Get sense Mr, is not every yoruba that vote Tinubu especially in Lagos. Or u think is Igbo vote that made Peter Obi to win Lagos.
oluztx:
Why are you running away after voting Tinubbu? Some of you Yorubaa that voted Buhari and Tinubuu should be banned from leaving this country. You must enjoy the nonsense you voted for out of tribalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by TyphoonG(m): 10:51am On Jan 05
obonujoker:

Cut out NURTW? HOW?

They can cut out NURTW, they should have gotten insights from Shutters.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by GorillaApp(m): 10:58am On Jan 05
Timoleon:
Most of it reeks of complaints about a failed product really.

What businesses does your company have with NURTW? As a 'senior associate' with Pwc, you and your colleagues ought to know that your profit actually comes from cutting out the NURTW from your operations.

Good luck to you in your new sojourn.
did you read his post? please read again carefully this time. there is something called ease of doing business. in Nigeria, it's almost zero! he complained of multiple/high taxation, harassment, disruption of business activity, time wastage, damaging of company's property (you will also factor in repairs).
he complained of 20% of income going to NURTW and you waved it off nonchalantly. if 20% goes to NURTW, have you thought about other overheads? salaries, repairs, logistics, taxes, loans /refunds etc? who do you think will thrive with all these burdens?
the rabid support of our devilish government will be the death of this country someday.

3 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by zcee: 11:08am On Jan 05
yewit37486:

This is getting stale. Did he or all Yorubas tell you they voted for Tinubu? And even if they did, it's their fundamental right to do so.
Read well oga
He said some of the yorubas not all
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by tishbite42: 11:11am On Jan 05
yewit37486:

This is getting stale. Did he or all Yorubas tell you they voted for Tinubu? And even if they did, it's their fundamental right to do so.
Yep
And that's what he's harping on
You have the fundamental rights to enjoy the rewards for exercising your fundamental rights!
Or how do you see it?!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.