Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba (46400 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Why Youths Should Better Work For Someone - Vincent Adeoba / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Timoleon(m): 11:11am On Jan 05
GorillaApp:

did you read his post? please read again carefully this time. there is something called ease of doing business. in Nigeria, it's almost zero! he complained of multiple/high taxation, harassment, disruption of business activity, time wastage, damaging of company's property (you will also factor in repairs).
he complained of 20% of income going to NURTW and you waved it off nonchalantly. if 20% goes to NURTW, have you thought about other overheads? salaries, repairs, logistics, taxes, loans /refunds etc? who do you think will thrive with all these burdens?
the rabid support of our devilish government will be the death of this country someday.
Where in my submission did this idiotsee me support any government?

You are still making the same stupid excuses. I have answered him. There is no multiple taxation if you cut out NURTW. Uber, taxify, bolt etc don't share revenue with NURTW. As a senior Associate of Pwc, his swot analysis would have shown him he does not want a business model that includes NURTW. If your driver's drive properly, there'll be no property damage. If your driver's mind their business, no one will harass them. Private companies own plenty staff buses that ply our roads, as long as the driver's remain professional, they never deal with NURTW or any harassment you are imagining. Talking about salaries and overhead, make he establish the business for USA without dealing with salaries and overhead na.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by HBB1(m): 11:18am On Jan 05
oluztx:

Afonjaa, I own a business with 12 employees. All I'm telling you is stop voting nonsense and then trying to escape.

12 employees?
🤣🤣🤣

Even road-side mechanics have more than that!
🤣

Alaye go siddon abeg.
You will wail again in 2027.

4 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Cheeryfeet: 11:19am On Jan 05
QuinModah:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vincentadeoba_i-relocated-to-the-us-to-start-my-career-activity-7147910125452722176-XJbJ
you failed and failed forward, good. But you never got up again or rather you have not gotten up yet. You simply went back to your comfort zone (Pwc). Just that this time with better pay and far better environment. And you may have lost the opportunity to build something great.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Cheeryfeet: 11:32am On Jan 05
yewit37486:

This is getting stale. Did he or all Yorubas tell you they voted for Tinubu? And even if they did, it's their fundamental right to do so.
Shattap. If you voted for him it's your fundamental obligated constituted right to stay. Why are you leaving if you voted for tinubu? You now want to go and enjoy the sweat and labor of others.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Cheeryfeet: 11:34am On Jan 05
obonujoker:
Lol... Another buisness that will fail in Lagos is private waste disposal 😂
And I it's a very lucrative and open opportunity
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by yewit37486: 11:40am On Jan 05
Cheeryfeet:

Shattap. If you voted for him it's your fundamental obligated constituted right to stay. Why are you leaving if you voted for tinubu? You now want to go and enjoy the sweat and labor of others.

Senseless comment. Enter plane and go and drag him back nau.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Madeu(m): 11:48am On Jan 05
Pojomojo:
Uber beat them to it. Maybe he didn't use technology prooperly.
Uber is an American and bolt is an European investment. They get embassy or consulate support. Lagos state or nig govt dare not intervene with EU or USA interest.

3 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by mabea: 11:54am On Jan 05
Johnson5258:
So, what will we call Northerners voting for Atiku and Easteners voting for Peter Obi? after Peter Obi won a whole Lagos state? Stop all this dividing words.

It seems you are quoting the wrong person or you didn't understand what I said.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by dataking: 11:56am On Jan 05
Madeu:

Uber is an American and bolt is a European investment. They get embassy or consulate support. Lagos state or nig govt dare not intervene with EU or USA interest.

Mumu talk

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by mabea: 11:56am On Jan 05
oluztx:

I said some, not all Yorubaas.
Still not the right call. Nigerians voted Tinubu and not just the Yorubas. Stop making it a Yoruba thing because their votes alone wouldn't have given Tinubu the presidency.

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by fineboynl(m): 11:59am On Jan 05
Simply put. Bala blue government grounded your investment in his first 3months in office.

You are not alone. Many Nigerians were deeply affected especially the transportation industries
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Timmi: 12:20pm On Jan 05
omoredia:
If u supported Emi Lo Kan it will never be welI with u anywhere u run to. Wicked people!

Omoredia, the son of the wicked, Whatever you wish for others, will be returned unto you and your generation a hundred fold.

3 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by InfinixMine: 12:30pm On Jan 05
Tours and Travels consultants with over 4 years experience, do you have openings in this role? I want to apply.

Pojomojo:
- Job Role: Accountant
- ⁠Industry: Aviation
- ⁠Level: Middle to Senior Level
- ⁠Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- ⁠Salary Range: 350k and above
- ⁠Experience: Minimum of 4 years in core Accounting and Finance.
- ⁠Academic Qualifications: B.Sc or HND in Accounting/Finance or Related Field
- ⁠Professional Qualification: ICAN or Related Professional Certifications.
- ⁠Qualified candidates should have deep knowledge of Accounting Standards.

Send CV to: izaaq@finnovohq.co.ng

Use the job title as the subject of the mail.

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Johnson5258: 1:03pm On Jan 05
I buttressed your point bro.

mabea:
It seems you are quoting the wrong person or you didn't understand what I said.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by omoredia: 1:27pm On Jan 05
Timmi:

Omoredia, the son of the wicked, Whatever you wish for others, will be returned unto you and your generation a hundred fold.

Amen oo! If i support evil and now want to run from the consequences let it be like that. Crazy and evil people
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by FireUpNow(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05
You are lucky to be out of this shithole

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:38pm On Jan 05
oluwaseyi0:
business ain't for the faint hearted in Nigeria
Mark Zkerburg was faint hearted in high school ,yet he made it, elon was fainted at high school,he made it. Facts checked: business thrives when you have access to good minimum edu(highschool edu), master your talent, get advanced bizedu, have a mentor, peace of mind funding and conducive environment.angry
he didnt do anythin maverick, he is only priviledged to have all that mentionedsmiley
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:41pm On Jan 05
FireUpNow:
You are lucky to be out of this shithole
same hole people are building real estate and buying lambo. grin grin grin grin grin grin where you see failure,others see opportunity
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by mabea: 1:41pm On Jan 05
Johnson5258:
I buttressed your point bro.

Okay
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by FireUpNow(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05
PARADIZEPRIEST:
same hole people are building real estate and buying lambo. grin grin grin grin grin grin where you see failure,others see opportunity

It's not failure I am see, I said shithole. Does shithole means failure to you? You are the one seeing failure not me.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:57pm On Jan 05
FireUpNow:

It's not failure I am see, I said shithole. Does shithole means failure to you? You are the one seeing failure not me.

You metaphor is clear, shithole is where you dump things that failed to work, like waste ,trash etc.anything that failed to work is a failure man. So, i repeat where you see failureS others see as opportunities.
IS BETA IS YOU ALL STOP CALLIN NIGERIA SHITHOLE.
NAIJA IS JUST A BLESSED LAND, BUT BEDEVILED AND MISRULED BY EVIL GREEDY UNPATRIOTIC RULERS SINCE 1967 TO LAST 8YEARS.
BLAME YOUR RULERS TO ACCOUNT NOT THIS BLESS NATION WHERE CHINA PEOPLE ARE COMING TO STAY IN THEIR MILLIONS EVERY YEAR. grin
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Pristine664: 2:16pm On Jan 05
omoredia:
If u supported Emi Lo Kan it will never be welI with u anywhere u run to. Wicked people!

May same fate befall you and your children if you supported any of the 4 rogues in the last presidential election!
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Pristine664: 2:19pm On Jan 05
yewit37486:

This is getting stale. Did he or all Yorubas tell you they voted for Tinubu? And even if they did, it's their fundamental right to do so.

This is how they behave after every election cycle only to start preaching "unity and new Nigeria" again few months to election.

I'm sure 2027 will not be different.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by caye(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05
Timoleon:
Most of it reeks of complaints about a failed product really.

What businesses does your company have with NURTW? As a 'senior associate' with Pwc, you and your colleagues ought to know that your profit actually comes from cutting out the NURTW from your operations.

Good luck to you in your new sojourn.

Just uselesss grammar.
Probably coming from someone that has never sold sweet and biscuits before.

3 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Pristine664: 2:29pm On Jan 05
ednut1:
he left Nigeria September 2022 before election. Tinubu lost in Lagos, is it not Yorubas that voted him If it was Igbo votes shebi GRV should have won. Make una dey use una head biko.

His problem just like many others like him is deep hate for Yorubas and not any yeye election which they use as smokescreen. Go and see the way they curse the Yorubas that left the country long before Tinubu declared for election on twitter, blaming them for Tinubu's emergence and you wonder what is going on.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Pristine664: 2:37pm On Jan 05
HBB1:

12 employees?
🤣🤣🤣

Even road-side mechanics have more than that!
🤣

Alaye go siddon abeg.
You will wail again in 2027.

Lol it's the way they always have many employees in their employment for me.

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Pristine664: 2:42pm On Jan 05
omoredia:

Amen oo! If i support evil and now want to run from the consequences let it be like that. Crazy and evil people

Since you supported one evil over another evil in the last presidential election, may your curse return to you and your family in many folds this year and beyond!
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by HBB1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 05
Pristine664:

Lol it's the way they always have many employees in their employment for me.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Pojomojo: 2:47pm On Jan 05
InfinixMine:

Tours and Travels consultants with over 4 years experience, do you have openings in this role? I want to apply.

Currently no, but you can join the group on my thread.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Timoleon(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05
caye:

Just uselesss grammar.
Probably coming from someone that has never sold sweet and biscuits before.

K
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by deenee: 3:35pm On Jan 05
Hmm. Let me not talk.

Fintech start up. Another corporate MMM

Start a fintech become an entrepreneur.

Appeal to the emotions to Nigerians by pretending to solve a daily problem for the gullible Nigerians

Raise funding in dollars and blame the government if the venture fails.

Please what happened to the equity raised from private investors

When did you actually relocate to the US?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by obaidan: 3:48pm On Jan 05
Timoleon:
Most of it reeks of complaints about a failed product really.

[s]What businesses does your company have with NURTW? As a 'senior associate' with Pwc, you and your colleagues ought to know that your profit actually comes from cutting out the NURTW from your operations.[/s]

Good luck to you in your new sojourn.

I am not sure you understand how transportation business operate in Lagos. You are not really aware of the stakeholders in the business of transportation in Lagos, otherwise you would not say what business does he have with NURTW.

Have you ever tried to start a business that will create distortion to the existing ways of operating in an industry? You will understand him better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.