Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba (46401 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Why Youths Should Better Work For Someone - Vincent Adeoba / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Timoleon(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05
obaidan:

I am not sure you understand how transportation business operate in Lagos. You are not really aware of the stakeholders in the business of transportation in Lagos, otherwise you would not say what business does he have with NURTW.

K
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by gnykelly(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05
ednut1:
When i saw he started a company on LinkedIn and got funding i was happy for him. Was in Nigeria late 2022 expected to see his buses at Oniru/VI axis but didn’t see any. I was wondering wetin dey sup. Moral of the story- any business Nigerian government or politicians have vested Interest in avoid it.

The guy is not street wise.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by WithX(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05
rayopt:
Some people just go school to be smart fools. How can you not know that transportation sector in Lagos is very very competitive. Uber, Lagbus, Lagride, Bolt, and a host of others that started and crashed. How can you not know and you say do SWOT analysis. SWOT kee u there. Remain in New York working for your bosses cos you are not an entrepreneur.

You took it out of my mouth bro, A senior Associate for that matter undecided.
Even a fresh graduate know that a feasibility study would have shown the competitive nature of the industry and the SWOT analysis would have clearly shown the startup strengths and what opportunity is available not to talk of the threats which abound in the sector in a metropolitan city like Lagos.

To have even admitted doing some miscalculation in the SWOT analysis for your personal startup says a lot about his competency.

Every business comes with its own risk and each country has its own peculiarities.

But our Government needs to make the business environment more suitable for startups and existing business.

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by WithX(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05
Timoleon:

Where in my submission did this idiotsee me support any government?

You are still making the same stupid excuses. I have answered him. There is no multiple taxation if you cut out NURTW. Uber, taxify, bolt etc don't share revenue with NURTW. As a senior Associate of Pwc, his swot analysis would have shown him he does not want a business model that includes NURTW. If your driver's drive properly, there'll be no property damage. If your driver's mind their business, no one will harass them. Private companies own plenty staff buses that ply our roads, as long as the driver's remain professional, they never deal with NURTW or any harassment you are imagining. Talking about salaries and overhead, make he establish the business for USA without dealing with salaries and overhead na.

I also wonder why his SWOT and PESTLE analysis did not reveal the toxicity and competitiveness in the sector to him.

And to think say na millions them go charge to help you prepare a business proposal undecided

Yes the business environment in the country is nothing to write home about but many are still standing strong and many startups are comming up with innovative business models even in the already saturated and competitive transportation sector.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by MamaletASO: 8:49pm On Jan 05
PwC!??

You are lucky bro.
Congratulations 🎉
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by IyaTola: 9:10pm On Jan 05
gnykelly:

The guy is not street wise.
How? Please explain
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by armadeo(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05
ShenTeh:
God bless your hustle.

The whole Nigerian system is rigged to make anyone fail, no matter who you are, what you believe or what age you are.

Again, I say that includes everyone, even the office of the president is designed to make the president fail.

I said this some other time and people were arguing. The system is rigged to ensure you fail particularly when you're going in large scale. The number of taxes you'll pay would wreck your business talkless of bribes.

The system isn't productive it's consumptive and can only eat without work. There's no incentive to make it. The government is to blame for this.

2 Likes

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by IyaTola: 9:18pm On Jan 05
deenee:
Hmm. Let me not talk.

Fintech start up. Another corporate MMM

Start a fintech become an entrepreneur.

Appeal to the emotions to Nigerians by pretending to solve a daily problem for the gullible Nigerians

Raise funding in dollars and blame the government if the venture fails.

Please what happened to the equity raised from private investors

When did you actually relocate to the US?

Thank you
Good question. Kindly talk so we can learn.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by IyaTola: 9:21pm On Jan 05
obaidan:

I am not sure you understand how transportation business operate in Lagos. You are not really aware of the stakeholders in the business of transportation in Lagos, otherwise you would not say what business does he have with NURTW.

Have you ever tried to start a business that will create distortion to the existing ways of operating in an industry? You will understand him better
Kindly educate me on the bolded.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by RussellRutherfo: 9:32pm On Jan 05
Inner19:
How are people getting jobs at PWC in Nigeria biko?

I am just tired.

Man know Man.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by jojothaiv(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05
ednut1:
When i saw he started a company on LinkedIn and got funding i was happy for him. Was in Nigeria late 2022 expected to see his buses at Oniru/VI axis but didn’t see any. I was wondering wetin dey sup. Moral of the story- any business Nigerian government or politicians have vested Interest in avoid it.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by mignone(f): 11:11pm On Jan 05
Advision:

the most stupid thing ambode did.

With gokada, there was someone to hold to account for misdeed, with the regular bikes, everyone bears their own name.

With gokada, it would have been easier to tackle insecurity and reckless driving by holding gokada responsible for the conduct of its drivers.

If he had an issue with the proliferation, he could have simply capped their numbers.

Probabaly, he was nurtw's pocket also
You should understand dt Lagos State governors aren't independent.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by Newness2019: 11:50pm On Jan 05
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by bewla(m): 9:34am On Jan 06
QuinModah:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vincentadeoba_i-relocated-to-the-us-to-start-my-career-activity-7147910125452722176-XJbJ
How do you excape
You will be charged with mis information of identity
Misleading information

And escape without tell us

Carry women profile
Send man photo

Any way good luck
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by deenee: 10:54am On Jan 06
RussellRutherfo:

Man know Man.

Not in Pwc
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by ednut1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06
RussellRutherfo:

Man know Man.
Inner19:

I am just tired.

https://www.nairaland.com/1992268/pwc-nigeria-graduate-recruitment-2015/94#35130937 In 2015 i entered pwc along with over 20 people on this thread. We didn’t know anyone.
You get into pwc, kpmg, ey, and the likes by applying, passing the shl tests, interviews.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by gnykelly(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07
IyaTola:
How? Please explain

He went into a business that he never considered the challenges hoping what he planned on paper will fit into reality.

If he is do passionate why not take his business to Abuja or other city to piolt it first.

1 Like

Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by 89green: 4:05pm On Jan 07
smiley smiley
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by IyaTola: 8:31am On Jan 12
gnykelly:

He went into a business that he never considered the challenges hoping what he planned on paper will fit into reality.

If he is do passionate why not take his business to Abuja or other city to piolt it first.
hmmmmmm, you have a point there though.
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by omotola90(m): 2:37pm On Jan 12
Inner19:

I am just tired.

how long have you been trying?
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by omotola90(m): 12:01am On Jan 14
Inner19:

Some years now but I'm done trying.

I believe God has better plans for me.
Amen...
Re: I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba by QuinModah(f): 7:16am On Jan 18
undecided
Cheeryfeet:

you failed and failed forward, good. But you never got up again or rather you have not gotten up yet. You simply went back to your comfort zone (Pwc). Just that this time with better pay and far better environment. And you may have lost the opportunity to build something great.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.