Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza (2453 Views)

Hamas Terrorist Filmed His Own Death During The Surprise Attack On Israel / Israel-Palestine War: Lagos Suspends Airlifting Of Pilgrims. Brings Back 310 / Nigeria Urges Israel & Palestine To See Reason & De-Escalate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04
I can't take my eyes off the conflict going on in Israel. I was raised to believe that the Jewish God is the true God. The Old Testament we studied is part of the Jewish scripture. Our bible heroes like Moses and David were Jewish heroes. Israeli music touches me because the language sounds so familiar, from all the bible reading.

When I heard that Israel was invaded by Hamas fighters from Gaza and they went from door to door shooting civilians for HOURS, I was shocked and disgusted. Then I learned that they were not just killed, they were tortured. Men, women and children were defiled, mutilated, kidnapped, blown up, had hands and legs chopped off, eyes gourged out, etc. while the Palestinian invaders laughed at them. I was disgusted with Hamas, but also disappointed with the Israel Defence Forces, and Netanyahu, who totally failed to protect their civilians.

We were totally on Israel's side at this point because what happened to their civilians was unforgivable. They surrounded Gaza and started pounding "Hamas targets". Within a short period of time, thousands of Palestinians had been killed. We started getting concerns when the bombing didn't stop. They just kept bombing everything. It was becoming difficult to believe that the same Israel army that was totally unaware that Hamas was planning a massive invasion suddenly knew the location of every Hamas operative in Gaza and was targeting them precisely.

Then we started to take note of the words of the Israeli leaders. The comment about blocking food and water from Gaza because the Palestinians are "human animals". The confession by the air force that they were focused on inflicting "maximum damage, not accuracy". Which means they didn't care about collateral damage anymore. Some of them talked about flattening Gaza and nuking Gaza. They were openly questioning the notion of innocent civilians in Gaza. Suggesting that the civilians deserved to die because they support Hamas. Netanyahu called them Amalekites, the tribe that God commanded the Jews in the bible to totally destroy - men, women, children, and animals.

At this point only muslim countries were complaining about Israel's actions. Western countries supported Israel's "right to defend itself".

Then we learned that Israel uses AI to choose targets and about half or more of them were "power targets" which were destroyed primarily to shock and dismay the Palestinians and not because destroying them had any military value. They intentionally demolished residential high rise buildings, the parliament building, university faculties, schools, etc. They used massive 2,000 pound bombs which increased the collateral damage. They drove Gazans out of their homes in the north into refugee camps in the south, which often got bombed. Nowhere in Gaza was safe. They stripped surviving men naked, blindfolded them, tied their hands, and called them terrorists.

Western countries started to change their tone. Joe Biden and Macron openly said that Israel was bombing Gaza indiscriminately. The US said that most bombs Israel dropped in Gaza were dumb bombs. Western newspapers started conducting investigative reports exposing Israel's atrocities in Gaza and the West Bank. Then we learned that Israeli soldiers shot at 3 of their own escaped hostages, who had removed their shirts, and were waving a white flag on a stick. One of them ran into a building and they followed him there and shot him dead despite his pleas of mercy in Hebrew. They only realised that they made a mistake because one of the men had red hair, which is unusual for a Palestinian.

This is where we are today: Nobody believes that Israel is the moral army that they claimed to be. Nobody believes that they are precisely targeting Hamas fighters. Nobody believes that the government of Netanyahu and Ben Gvir genuinely wants peace. Everyone, not just the muslims, now believes that Israel's goal is to drive Palestinians out of Gaza (some of their officials have said it). The Economist openly called for Netanyahu to be fired. The US actually denied their request for attack helicopters, which is a first. That may have gotten to them, because they recently admitted that the missiles they used on a refugee camp were inappropriate and caused unnecessary civilian casualties.

However, Israelis are still in post October 7 rage mode. They can't understand why the world is against them after what Hamas did to them. They are not interested in conceding anything to the Palestinians for peace. Netanyahu will be removed for failure, but his replacement is unlikely to be a leftist hippie. Palestinians, on the other hand, support Hamas more than they did before, so peace looks very unlikely.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by God1000(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04
This conflict has exposed a lot of things and people as well.

I also condemned what Hamas did on October 7th but the response from Israel which has killed over 22,000 Palestinians and the insensitive and sadistic comments from some christians everyday is more shocking

How do you justify such massive deaths, destruction and displacement of the entire population just because of few Hamas

People with conscience should not be bystanders to history

I discovered a lot of people now dislike me because of my stance on this war, but I don't care

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by MrProlific95: 2:14pm On Jan 04
Israel is a country that have been looking for an excuse to nuke Gaza for long. The Hamas attack was just a perfect opportunity. I think the war will end if the Republicans emerge victorious in U.S Presidential elections. Rumor has it that The US is involved in almost every major conflict around the world.

Democrats are just warmonger's and they will continue to engineer the Gaza Israeli conflict

13 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by MrProlific95: 2:18pm On Jan 04
God1000:

I also condemned what Hamas did on October 7th but the response from Israel which has killed over 22,000 Palestinians and the insensitive and sadistic comments from some christians everyday is more shocking
What Why the focus on Christians. Every Christian believes that the Israeli are some holy people, same way Muslims rever MECCA and Saudi Arabs. 'Holy' not because of their moral uprightness but because of the belieft that God Almighty Jehovah chose them as a special people.

6 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by ednut1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 04
Both parties see blacks as sub human so i don’t care. Black people should focus on conflicts in their own countries like Nigeria, Sudan, Congo etc. Hypocrisy and war are part of human nature.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by MrProlific95: 2:20pm On Jan 04
ednut1:
Both parties see blacks as sub human so i don’t care. Black people should focus on conflicts in their own countries like Nigeria, Sudan, Congo etc. Hypocrisy and war are part of human nature.
That's just it

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by jmoore(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04
Only the antichrist will bring a temporary peace between Israel and Palestine.
If you are not THE ANTICHRIST, any suggestions for peace is an exercise in futility.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by lilkech(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04
This man undecided

You no go comot eye for isreal matter abi? All the killings and injustices going on in your country isn't enough to move you already? It seems like the closure that happened last month no open your eyes?

Okay oh. Continue . . .

17 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Lagusta(m): 2:34pm On Jan 04
ednut1:

Thank you
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Shomek(m): 2:34pm On Jan 04
Thanks for sharing mr seun

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Promise47(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04
First of all Hamas terrorist should not have attack peaceful people enjoying them self partying I have no Prity for Hamas Gaza Pelstaine they deserve what they get Muslims in general majority of them are terrorist so I don't Prity terrorist Isreal should do what ever they believe is right Good luck Isreal I wish you all the best

10 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04
Seun, whose father is a pastor, has NEVER created a thread concerning the conflicts in Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Benue (where over 200 lives were burnt to ashes while the feudalist incompetent man of a Buhari was president), Congo, Sudan (where Arab Islamic terrorists are slaughtering black indigenes) or the inhumane treatments meted towards black migrants by Tunisian, Libyan and Moroccan authorities. Heck, Seun has NEVER used his platform to voice out the inhumane treatment by Egyptian Airlines towards Nigerian customers or even contributed to the recent expose by Nigerian women who were tourists in Morocco.

He is more concerned about conflicts which existed before he was born and WOULD still be there till thy kingdom comes. How many Palestinians have voiced out about the killings of Nigerians in Zamfara? I specifically mentioned there since the victims are Muslims. How many Moroccans have bothered to know how black Sudanese Muslims are fairing? Why should you, a Nigerian, a black man, be bothered about people WHO CLEARLY DON'T LIKE YOU? Don't you have a sense of pride and dignity?

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Promise47(m): 2:42pm On Jan 04
Lol well if the war want to end they should sack Isreal Prime minister that's when the war will end
MrProlific95:
Israel is a country that have been looking for an excuse to nuke Gaza for long. The Hamas attack was just a perfect opportunity. I think the war will end if the Republicans emerge victorious in U.S Presidential elections. Rumor has it that The US is involved in almost every major conflict around the world.

Democrats are just warmonger's and they will continue to engineer the Gaza Israeli conflict
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by nairalanda1(m): 2:42pm On Jan 04
To be frank, I honestly do not know. Both sides are so far gone, that any suggestions would be met with big no.

But if you want my idea....both sides have to acknowledge their right to existence and to live without being bombed. Second, there may have to be some resettlement of Palestinians in Israel proper, and else where in the world. Third, Jewish settlements have to be moved out, fourth, there has to be some sort of treaty where every Middle eastern nation that does not recognise Israel, does so, and Israel recognises them in turn.

In other words, something called compromise. It's what the ANC and the arphateid government did in South Africa.

But like I said, both sides are not ready to compromise. The power brokers earn a lot by there being some form of conflict, especially Hamas. No conflict, no reason for existence. There is so much bitterness that people on both sides are angry and hurt and tired.

For me the last chance was the 1993-2000 period. After that, everyone was just in their corner.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by nairalanda1(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04
Gerrard59:
Seun, whose father is a pastor, has NEVER created a thread concerning the conflicts in Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Benue (where over 200 lives were burnt to ashes while the feudalist incompetent man of a Buhari was president), Congo, Sudan (where Arab Islamic terrorists are slaughtering black indigenes) or the inhumane treatments meted towards black migrants by Tunisian, Libyan and Moroccan authorities. Heck, Seun has NEVER used his platform to voice out the inhumane treatment by Egyptian Airlines towards Nigerian customers or even contributed to the recent expose by Nigerian women who were tourists in Morocco.

He is more concerned about conflicts which existed before he was born and WOULD still be there till thy kingdom comes. How many Palestinians have voiced out about the killings of Nigerians in Zamfara? I specifically mentioned there since the victims are Muslims. How many Moroccans have bothered to know how black Sudanese Muslims are fairing? Why should you, a Nigerian, a black man, be bothered about people WHO CLEARLY DON'T LIKE YOU? Don't you have a sense of pride and dignity?

He does not need to. Others too create threads about such issuses.

God knows how many threads have been created on various Nigerian crisis, it get's old sometimes.

And anyway, why bother about other African states? there is some form of hating there., lol.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Promise47(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04
the inhumane treatments meted towards black migrants by Tunisian, Libyan and Moroccan authorities exactly this was what I was telling one Algeria guy that there country is racist but he said they aren't racist I said okay no whalah
Gerrard59:

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by nairalanda1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 04
ednut1:

Considering that USA and Rossiya both back a side in this case, and considering how WW1 went from being just a dispute between two countries to being a war between their allies in one single month, and finally both usa and rossiya are nuclear armed.....yeah.

I'm keeping an eye. Humans are nuts., and as you said hypocrites. Just one pim can lead to Washington and Moscow ignoring years of nuclear treaties, and firing the bombs. I no trust them.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Roger3D(m): 2:47pm On Jan 04
Israelis are land grabbers and proponents of Apartheid. They should hand over the land they stole back to it's rightful owners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04
God1000:

I did a search on your moniker and discovered you only mentioned Southern Kaduna once after being continuously asked why haven't you condemned the butchering of fellow Nigerians within Nigeria by Islamic terrorists. A "Christian" who is more concerned about people who clearly don't like him, but never concerned about his fellow Christians and even fellow Nigerians who have been maimed, kidnapped and slaughtered like suya across Nigeria.

Ndito being more Catholic than the Pope!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04
nairalanda1:

He does not need to. Others too create threads about such issuses.

God knows how many threads have been created on various Nigerian crisis, it get's old sometimes.

And anyway, why bother about other African states? there is some form of hating there., lol.

Charity begins at home, where the founder of the most visited forum owned by a Nigerian ought to amplify the atrocities against fellow Nigerians and even Christians since his papa is a pastor. How many times has the news of butchered black Sudanese graced the airwaves in Egypt, Libya, Morocco etc?

"Why should we not bother about other African states?"

We have more in common with someone from Congo and Burkina Faso than anyone from anywhere in the Middle East. Recently, young Nigerian women have lamented bitterly about their experiences in Morocco as tourists. Why has your darling Seun not amplified their tweets on his forum? Or are the lives of Palestinians who CLEARLY DON'T LIKE BLACK PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF RELIGION more important than how his fellow Nigerians, women for that matter, are treated?

Does he like Palestinian terrorists who FIRST ATTACKED Israel more than Nigerian women?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by nairalanda1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04
Gerrard59:

Charity begins at home, where the founder of the most visited forum owned by a Nigerian ought to amplify the atrocities against fellow Nigerians and even Christians since his papa is a pastor. How many times has the news of butchered black Sudanese graced the airwaves in Egypt, Libya, Morocco etc?

"Why should we not bother about other African states?"

We have more in common with someone from Congo and Burkina Faso than anyone from anywhere in the Middle East. Recently, young Nigerian women have lamented bitterly about their experiences in Morocco as tourists. Why has your darling Seun not amplified their tweets on his forum? Or are the lives of Palestinians who CLEARLY DON'T LIKE BLACK PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF RELIGION more important than how his fellow Nigerians, women for that matter, are treated?

Does he like Palestinian terrorists who FIRST ATTACKED Israel more than Nigerian women?

Well, you can create your own topics on the matters you are concerned about, and people will come

But for now, leave this thread for those of us interested in the topic.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04
nairalanda1:

Well, you can create your own topics on the matters you are concerned about, and people will come

But for now, leave this thread for those of us interested in the topic.

Yeah. Being more Catholic than the Pope. Awon caring citizen. Never bothered about what happens in his backyard, but amplify the issues of those who don't like him. Internet Jesus Christ!

If you were an American or Qatari, I for say it is appropriate. What stake do you have in this fight sef?!

"Those of us interested in the topic". Kukuma join the IDF or Hamas while at it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04
Promise47:
the inhumane treatments meted towards black migrants by Tunisian, Libyan and Moroccan authorities exactly this was what I was telling one Algeria guy that there country is racist but he said they aren't racist I said okay no whalah

Those clowns are profound ignoramuses who believe because they profess the same religion as those Middle Easterners, then they will be seen as the same or even accorded basic human rights. Ignorant people who think the white man was excessively brutal against black people should read about the Trans-Saharan Slave Trade, which still covertly exists till today. It was in 2007 that Mauritania outlawed slavery. Which white dominated country still trades in slaves?

4 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by nairalanda1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 04
Gerrard59:

Yeah. Being more Catholic than the Pope. Awon caring citizen. Never bothered about what happens in his backyard, but amplify the issues of those who don't like him. Internet Jesus Christ!

If you were an American or Qatari, I for say it is appropriate. What stake do you have in this fight sef?!

"Those of us interested in the topic". Kukuma join the IDF or Hamas while at it.

Okay. Now go and create your thread on matters that concern you. Neither Seun nor I would stop you. Leave us hypocrites alone in our hypocrisy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Nicepoker(m): 3:43pm On Jan 04
Netanyahu won't be going with Israel.
Hamas is a movement not going anytime soon. Its a generational conflict that won't end.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by JealousCobra(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04
😎

Israel and Hamas war is a generational disagreements that no one could stop not even the US. I mean they are incompatible.

Op, better mind your business because these issues are biblical and are older than the mountains.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Lawag3: 4:06pm On Jan 04
God1000:

How do you justify such massive deaths, destruction and displacement of the entire population just because of few Hamas

People with conscience should not be bystanders to history

I discovered a lot of people now dislike me because of my stance on this war, but I don't care

A survey was recently carried out 93% of the Jews in Israel believe the two state resolution is the solution to the problem 67% percent of Palestinians disagree with them they believe the Jews should go back to Europe.
If the Gazan and west Bank leaders wanted peace they won't have attack Israel on October the 7th these people never come negotiation table they always show their grievances with violence.

When you point that out to them they'll say this conflict didn't start on October the 7th it started in 1948 forgetting that they attacked the newly independent Israel first. the Holocaust that killed almost 70% of the Jews wasn't even ten years gone. The Jews defeated them and occupied their lands so they won't be able to do it again. Then their brothers in Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon came to help even they lost lands to Israel in the heavy defeat that followed.

The point is without nateyahu without Hamas the Palestinians will still want the Jews to leave the land from the Jordan river to the Mediterranean Sea it has always been their mantra.

4 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by CodeTemplar: 4:18pm On Jan 04
Gaza will soon be a pawpaw farm.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Lawag3: 4:21pm On Jan 04
Roger3D:
Israelis are land grabbers and proponents of Apartheid. They should hand over the land they stole back to it's rightful owners

If you talk about land owners the Jews own the land the mosque in Jerusalem is built on a Jewish temple built by Solomon the son of David a Jew not a Palestinian.

Use the internet

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Election 2012 Result / Republican Racism In Disguise / Video: British Woman Uncovers Muslim Extremists Have Taken Over Her Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.