Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,010 members, 7,828,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza (2504 Views)

Hamas Terrorist Filmed His Own Death During The Surprise Attack On Israel / Israel-Palestine War: Lagos Suspends Airlifting Of Pilgrims. Brings Back 310 / Nigeria Urges Israel & Palestine To See Reason & De-Escalate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Kasdat5(m): 4:33pm On Jan 04
Well said Seun .
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Roger3D(m): 4:33pm On Jan 04
Lawag3:

If you talk about land owners the Jews own the land the mosque in Jerusalem is built on a Jewish temple built by Solomon the son of David a Jew not a Palestinian.

Use the internet
I gat no time for your religious Bullshit.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by ElSudani: 4:39pm On Jan 04
No side is morally superior to the other in this conflict, they both want to annihilate each other. Only external forces can bring peace to that region.
In 1947 the U.N proposed to create two states side by side, one Jewish one Palestinian.
The Jews accepted the proposal but the Arabs rejected it and decided to destroy the Jewish state. The Jews on the other hand decided to do the same thing to them.
Both of them have been still trying to destroy each other ever since.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Lawag3: 4:39pm On Jan 04
Roger3D:
I gat no time for your religious Bullshit.

Did I quote the Bible? Everybody I called are all historical figures the temple I talked about is a historical site so it's historical evidence.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 4:41pm On Jan 04
nairalanda1:

Okay. Now go and create your thread on matters that concern you. Neither Seun nor I would stop you. Leave us hypocrites alone in our hypocrisy.

Create a thousand threads, and it would not stop what has existed before anyone on this thread was a zygote. Care more about what happens in your backyard!

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Moneyyyy09: 4:57pm On Jan 04
If you like create a thousand thread to condemn the killing it won't stop anything because this war will continue till thy kingdom come. But hopefully in the next 1000 years there would be peace but I doubt it.
Because the bible said Israelite would continuously be at war but they will always be winning.
Make una take note they never born your papa papa papa before this war started and think about how many war Israel don fight.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by chiagozien(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04
Seun:
I can't take my eyes off the conflict going on in Israel. I was raised to believe that the Jewish God is the true God. The Old Testament we studied is part of the Jewish scripture. Our bible heroes like Moses and David were Jewish heroes. Israeli music touches me because the language sounds so familiar, from all the bible reading.

When I heard that Israel was invaded by Hamas fighters from Gaza and they went from door to door shooting civilians for HOURS, I was shocked and disgusted. Then I learned that they were not just killed, they were tortured. Men, women and children were defiled, mutilated, kidnapped, blown up, had hands and legs chopped off, eyes gourged out, etc. while the Palestinian invaders laughed at them. I was disgusted with Hamas, but also disappointed with the Israel Defence Forces, and Netanyahu, who totally failed to protect their civilians.

We were totally on Israel's side at this point because what happened to their civilians was unforgivable. They surrounded Gaza and started pounding "Hamas targets". Within a short period of time, thousands of Palestinians had been killed. We started getting concerns when the bombing didn't stop. They just kept bombing everything. It was becoming difficult to believe that the same Israel army that was totally unaware that Hamas was planning a massive invasion suddenly knew the location of every Hamas operative in Gaza and was targeting them precisely.

Then we started to take note of the words of the Israeli leaders. The comment about blocking food and water from Gaza because the Palestinians are "human animals". The confession by the air force that they were focused on inflicting "maximum damage, not accuracy". Which means they didn't care about collateral damage anymore. Some of them talked about flattening Gaza and nuking Gaza. They were openly questioning the notion of innocent civilians in Gaza. Suggesting that the civilians deserved to die because they support Hamas. Netanyahu called them Amalekites, the tribe that God commanded the Jews in the bible to totally destroy - men, women, children, and animals.

At this point only muslim countries were complaining about Israel's actions. Western countries supported Israel's "right to defend itself".

Then we learned that Israel uses AI to choose targets and about half or more of them were "power targets" which were destroyed primarily to shock and dismay the Palestinians and not because destroying them had any military value. They intentionally demolished residential high rise buildings, the parliament building, university faculties, schools, etc. They used massive 2,000 pound bombs which increased the collateral damage. They drove Gazans out of their homes in the north into refugee camps in the south, which often got bombed. Nowhere in Gaza was safe. They stripped surviving men naked, blindfolded them, tied their hands, and called them terrorists.

Western countries started to change their tone. Joe Biden and Macron openly said that Israel was bombing Gaza indiscriminately. The US said that most bombs Israel dropped in Gaza were dumb bombs. Western newspapers started conducting investigative reports exposing Israel's atrocities in Gaza and the West Bank. Then we learned that Israeli soldiers shot at 3 of their own escaped hostages, who had removed their shirts, and were waving a white flag on a stick. One of them ran into a building and they followed him there and shot him dead despite his pleas of mercy in Hebrew. They only realised that they made a mistake because one of the men had red hair, which is unusual for a Palestinian.

This is where we are today: Nobody believes that Israel is the moral army that they claimed to be. Nobody believes that they are precisely targeting Hamas fighters. Nobody believes that the government of Netanyahu and Ben Gvir genuinely wants peace. Everyone, not just the muslims, now believes that Israel's goal is to drive Palestinians out of Gaza (some of their officials have said it). The Economist openly called for Netanyahu to be fired. The US actually denied their request for attack helicopters, which is a first. That may have gotten to them, because they recently admitted that the missiles they used on a refugee camp were inappropriate and caused unnecessary civilian casualties.

However, Israelis are still in post October 7 rage mode. They can't understand why the world is against them after what Hamas did to them. They are not interested in conceding anything to the Palestinians for peace. Netanyahu will be removed for failure, but his replacement is unlikely to be a leftist hippie. Palestinians, on the other hand, support Hamas more than they did before, so peace looks very unlikely.
Nobody take Muslim hypocrite serious.

You started as if you're not supporter of Hamas from day one.

You think we don't see your comments on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by chiagozien(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04
God1000:
This conflict has exposed a lot of things and people as well.

I also condemned what Hamas did on October 7th but the response from Israel which has killed over 22,000 Palestinians and the insensitive and sadistic comments from some christians everyday is more shocking

How do you justify such massive deaths, destruction and displacement of the entire population just because of few Hamas

People with conscience should not be bystanders to history

I discovered a lot of people now dislike me because of my stance on this war, but I don't care
But I wonder why those that rejoiced on October 7 are now sad?

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Gerrard59(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04
nairalanda1:

Okay. Now go and create your thread on matters that concern you. Neither Seun nor I would stop you. Leave us hypocrites alone in our hypocrisy.

The burial of a your fellow Nigerian being buried without a head: https://twitter.com/pwajok_jane/status/1742912131278717029

When would you be interested in the killings which happened in your backyard than something which happens far away even when the people involved don't like you?!

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by FiftyFifty(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04
ElSudani:
No side is morally superior to the other in this conflict, they both want to annihilate each other. Only external forces can bring peace to that region.
In 1947 the U.N proposed to create two states side by side, one Jewish one Palestinian.
The Jews accepted the proposal but the Arabs rejected it and decided to destroy the Jewish state. The Jews on the other hand decided to do the same thing to them.
Both of them have been still trying to destroy each other ever since.

The allegation that the Palestinians have rejected the 2SS has been echoed repeatedly on this flatform but there is no iota of truth in it. It is a lie, a pure lie.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Seun(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04
Neither Netanyahu nor IDF Hamas wants a two state solution.

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by nairalanda1(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04
Gerrard59:

The burial of a your fellow Nigerian being buried without a head: https://twitter.com/pwajok_jane/status/1742912131278717029

When would you be interested in the killings which happened in your backyard than something which happens far away even when the people involved don't like you?!

Nope. Ever since you PDP and APC geng started using it for mudslinging.

Call me when our government is serious and ready to take some serious decisions on the matter. Till then, yawn.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by socialmediaman: 6:21pm On Jan 04
Roger3D:
Israelis are land grabbers and proponents of Apartheid. They should hand over the land they stole back to it's rightful owners

Is this realistic? Feasible? Because the more Hamas tries to fight Israel, the more Palestine loses territory after military operations from Israel

Even when Egypt experienced an attack from militants in Palestine, they built a wall along their border with Palestine and exiled Palestinians living close to the Egypt Palestine border

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by ElSudani: 6:24pm On Jan 04
FiftyFifty:

The allegation that the Palestinians have rejected the 2SS has been echoed repeatedly on this flatform but there is no iota of truth in it. It is a lie, a pure lie.

I didn't get my information from Nairaland. A simple Google search will give you all the information you need on the subject.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Lawag3: 6:39pm On Jan 04
Seun:
Neither Netanyahu nor IDF wants a two state solution.

Yeah until Gaza is demilitarized. When they said never again they meant it
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04
Nobody has offered them a two state solution in decades. Netanyahu instigated the murder of a PM who wanted to offer it to them. And he was blamed for it, yet just 3 years later after a terrorist attack, they voted him in. Netanyahu has admitted that he is against the establishment of a Palestinian State. So it is disingenuous to suggest that it's the Palestinians who don't want it.

Both sides believe that the whole land belongs to them. Both sides would like to push the other side out. Israel wants to push Palestinians into neighbouring Arab countries. Palestinians want Jews to return to Europe and America "where they came from". This is not an issue of picking sides.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by jesmond3945: 6:52pm On Jan 04
ednut1:
Both parties see blacks as sub human so i don’t care. Black people should focus on conflicts in their own countries like Nigeria, Sudan, Congo etc. Hypocrisy and war are part of human nature.
humanity is humanity bro. You have to be concerned.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Jan 04
The attack by Hamas that led to this ethnic cleansing of palestines is most definitely not accurately reported. It’s hard to believe the “truth” of anyone who can be so soulless in the name of their version of justice
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by rummmy: 6:57pm On Jan 04
Kill all the terrorists...
They don't deserve to be alive
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by greggng: 7:05pm On Jan 04
The best decision Israel will take is to takeover gaza . Palestinian people voted that the o ly solution is to ensure Israel doesn't exist again. As you can see Israel is divine nation . The hand of God is upon them ...Having this at the back of your mind ...you will know that is either the palestine people destroy Israel or Israel destroys them ..Everyone knows thst there is only one possibility in all this ...Israel will destroy the amalikites ...Israel will never be the agrassor but they will do everything possible to defend themselves

Nobody like the death of innocent people but is clear....the Palestinian people are not tired of death . Just watch how hamas will attack Israel again in future...and when Israel starts...they will be calling the international community for help . They want one thing ...usa shouldn't support Israel so that all her enemies will gang up and invade her ...hypocrisy...they applaud Iran for sponsoring hezbolla and hamas but they hate usa for supporting Israel. We can only talk from morning to night....this incident doesn't have solution...that why since 1948 till date ...no solution has been found . My advice to the palestinian people us to continue to give birth to population that will die in future cos Israel won't fold there arms and watch there terrorist Brothers destroy them
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by CodeTemplar: 7:16pm On Jan 04
Seun:
Nobody has offered them a two state solution in decades. Netanyahu instigated the murder of a PM who wanted to offer it to them. And he was blamed for it, yet just 3 years later after a terrorist attack, they voted him in. Netanyahu has admitted that he is against the establishment of a Palestinian State. So it is disingenuous to suggest that it's the Palestinians who don't want it.

Both sides believe that the whole land belongs to them. Both sides would like to push the other side out. Israel wants to push Palestinians into neighbouring Arab countries. Palestinians want Jews to return to Europe and America "where they came from". This is not an issue of picking sides.
the Arabs want more than land. All over Europe, the Jews are persecuted and that pushes them to where exactly? Israel off course. Elimination of Jews from the surface of the earth is the goal here and not some land alone.
Follow the events close and you will quickly see the arabs are the ones after elimination of the other side.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by franchasofficia: 7:22pm On Jan 04
Mr Seun, leave Israel Palestinian matter and focus on the numerous security crises in Nigeria.

Nigeria has become a slaughter house since 2016 and it doesn't bother you because you are sleeping peacefully in Southwest.

Start a thread like this and share your thought about the Fulani and Muslim Jihadists ethnic cleansing going on in Middlebelt for some years now to create more awareness and to persuade Tinubu and co to act more decisively to solve the issue and save the lives of our fellow Nigerians in Benue, Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Taraba, Niger, Zamfara, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by FoolishBoy419: 7:27pm On Jan 04
Spot on sir. To be honest, I never really cared about what Hamas did on October 7th, mostly because Israel has been bombing, killing, illegally jailing, and deliberately displacing Palestinians for decades while mainstream media portrayed the victims as mere terrorists. I accepted that it was wrong, but it felt like an inevitable reaction that even I would probably have done. Many of these Hamas fighters have lost their parents, best friends, wives, etc to Israel's criminality. The October attack was a perfect excuse to unleash their cowardly airstrikes on Palestinians.

I also suggest that you do not take these guys engaging you too seriously. They've been brainwashed by religion, so they would regurgitate all the pro-Israel propaganda they have been fed without asking any logical questions.

It's a fact that the Palestinians have never been given a fair peace offer by the UN.

It's a fact that Israel has been dreaming of expanding their land and expelling Palestinians (and they are actualizing this daily with illegal settlements)

It's a fact that the average Jew (at least based on several polls and street interviews) sees Arabs as lesser humans.

It's also a fact that they've spun all sorts of narratives to justify every evil they do in Palestine. There are Arab-dominated areas with zero Hamas members and yet, they kill hundreds of people yearly there.

Most nairalanders only support Israel out of Bible-inspired love for Jews and out of hatred for muslims (which is not totally unwarranted, I admit) without bothering to look at the facts with an open mind. Look at how is creating orphans and widows daily as the world cheers them on. What makes you think twenty years from now, those children will grow up to love Israel, Jews and their enablers in the West?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by franchasofficia: 7:27pm On Jan 04
Seun:

Let us focus on how to pressure Nigerian federal government led by Tinubu to find a lasting solution to the continuous massacre of Middlebelt Christians by Muslim Jihardists in the guise of Fulani herdsmen.

The security crises we have in Nigeria is enough to make any reasonable Nigerian sleepless and worried

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by CodeTemplar: 7:28pm On Jan 04
FoolishBoy419:
Spot on sir. To be honest, I never really cared about what Hamas did on October 7th, mostly because Israel has been bombing, killing, illegally jailing, and deliberately displacing Palestinians for decades while mainstream media portrayed the victims as mere terrorists. I accepted that it was wrong, but it felt like an inevitable reaction that even I would probably have done. Many of these Hamas fighters have lost their parents, best friends, wives, etc to Israel's criminality. The October attack was a perfect excuse to unleash their cowardly airstrikes on Palestinians.
those reactions you are presenting as isolated action or aggression are well deserved response.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by FoolishBoy419: 7:37pm On Jan 04
CodeTemplar:
those reactions you are presenting as isolated action or aggression are well deserved response.

Even when it's been proven several times that they deliberately target innocent civilians?

This is why I don't engage wNigerian Christians on this issue.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Dsimmer: 7:44pm On Jan 04
Na their biz.

They started it by attacking the Jews in the Jewish ancestral homes on the 7th of October. The Jewish country (Judea) is actually a small one when compared to the Arab nation, (which included the countries which the Arabs stole, for example the North Africa which the Arabs stole) yet the Arabs are still wailing over the Jews in the Jewish ancestral home. Let the Arab take back their fellow Arab settlers constituting nuisances in Judea.

On another note, someone once asked a question about the African delay. Of course we know it was due to the colonization of Africans. We all know Africans' education took a back seat for a while because of the unnecessary colonisation of Africans. Some other factors such as, some Africans also accepting some backward foreign religion despite the fact that African's religion is more innovative and creative..

Don't get me wrong, of course there are some Africans who didn't allow this backward religion to affect their thinking/mentality nor take them backward because we've seen some Africans doing some exploit irrespective of the mundane foreign religion they're practising. However, the best way to be free from all shackles is to let go of these mundane backward foreign religion which doesn't benefit anyone. Imagine some useless people killing other Africans over one paedophilic terrorist foreign man which doesn't concern Africans to begin with? That's the backward stupid mentality I'm talking about. Although I also do know that some useless folks carry out such nefarious act because of their ulterior motive to steal other people's land heritage. Of course I quite know that some greedy useless folks have such ulterior motive to steal other people's heritage. That's btw.

Back to my previous point, the best for Africans is to set free themselves from the shackles of backward foreign religion which is of no benefit. Point is African are the oldest in the world and the predecessors of all because the first man on earth was an African man which is scientifically proven. See the old African work in Egypt for example. Or the old African copper art works, bronze art works, brass works or iron smelting works. Or the Oranmiyan staff with his letters in Ile Ife etc. Or African creative musical expression etc.. why want to relegate all these innovative creative talents for some nonsensical mundane backward foreign religion/culture which doesn't help Africans?

Of course this isn't saying African should return to the old ways of worshipping moulded object because why worship a moulded object or stone to begin with? Some would even go worship another foreign stone idol at kabba? Meanwhile, African always has the truth with them since time memorial as a matter of fact. For example, Yoruba IFA religion entails only one God which is known as Olorun/Eledumare/Oluwa who's without a shrine and has only one begotten son (okanbi) named Ela/Jewesun/the lamb while the Orishas are more or less symbols of scientific, innovative & creative idea expressions put within humans who are supposed to express their creative and innovative talents, just like some beings expressed these innovative creative talents. However, some African people of today have allowed some foreign mundane backward religion/culture to suppress their creative talents! Imagine! embarassed
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by A001: 7:45pm On Jan 04
Charity begins from home. We've more pressing issues in Nigeria than the Isreal-Palestine war.
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by Roger3D(m): 7:57pm On Jan 04
socialmediaman:

Is this realistic? Feasible? Because the more Hamas tries to fight Israel, the more Palestine loses territory after military operations from Israel

Even when Egypt experienced an attack from militants in Palestine, they built a wall along their border with Palestine and exiled Palestinians living close to the Egypt Palestine border
It's the only basis for peace in that region. The Israelis just have to give up the lands they've stolen or war it out till eternity
Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by LadyExcellency: 8:29pm On Jan 04
However, Israelis are still in post-October 7 rage mode. They can't understand why the world is against them after what Hamas did to them. They are not interested in conceding anything to the Palestinians for peace. Netanyahu will be removed for failure, but his replacement is unlikely to be a leftist hippie. Palestinians, on the other hand, support Hamas more than they did before, so peace looks very unlikely.

This Comment and your understanding of the trajectory of this war is limited, lacks facts, and is full of ignorance. Netanyahu can't be removed in time of war because he is the best for the moment. Hamas is out of power permanently in Gaza. The ideology may remain but UAE and Saudi Arabia will run the administration of the stripe to kill the ideology of perpetual Jewish enemy ingrained in Palestinians.

Secondly, your knowledge of Arab Arab-Israeli conflict is in the primary stage. Go and read how Netanyahu's father modeled the present Jewish ideology and come back and rewrite this jargon.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by LadyExcellency: 8:36pm On Jan 04
Roger3D:
It's the only basis for peace in that region. The Israelis just have to give up the lands they've stolen or war it out till eternity

This is rubbish. Israel left Gaza in 2005/06, pulled out all Jews, and left their investments and quarters for the Palestinians in Gaza. No Jew is in Gaza and Hamas attacked on October 7 cancelling every other option of Jewish withdrawal. Arabs can be Israeli citizens with full rights while Jews can't be Palestinian citizens. Territory for peace is dead on October 7.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Israel, Palestine, & Gaza by socialmediaman: 8:45pm On Jan 04
Roger3D:

That offer is not on the table, it will NEVER be on the table! Also, It will NEVER bring peace because the idea is for Israel to cease to exist in the middle east.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Rothschild Unroyal Wedding Will Pave Way For A Bastard Line Of Mulattoos / Rats Slipped Into ATM, Ate ₦7million In India(Photos) / See The Moment Iran 'Mistakenly' Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner In Tehran (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.