Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko (17012 Views)

Senator Nwoko Initiates Bill On Monthly Payment Of Rent / FRSC To Carry Guns – House Of Representatives / Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by atobs4real(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04
Gen gen. Them no go free bcuz they know the consequences with the level of poverty

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Toosure70: 7:10pm On Jan 04
maasoap:
All these mumu Nigerians
All these mumu senators , imagine Nigerians carrying guns during end SARS. Who would have stopped Nigeria not to burn down. Of all developed country that are exposed more than Nigeria , which country allow hits citizens to carry guns except america In which they are regretting it now. At the end of every bullet there is a potential to be.lost. Say no to Arms

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Blaze14k: 7:11pm On Jan 04
I think these guys have lost ideas on what to do.. if they don't do anything soon it will get worse and become part of the system

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by kalemy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04
This motion must not be allowed to even scale the first reading in the Senate, Nigeria is not ripe for this shit. We have so many mentally unstable people roaming around looking for people to kpai for no reason at all and judging by the economic situation currently in the country, many people will become armed robbers, kidnappers and bandits overnight.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by SoNature(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04
mrpablo:
Make sense. If Nigerians won't abuse the privilege

With the way we are dealing with hunger and bad leadership in Nigeria, guns cannot be safe in the hands of a hungry Nigerian. One person can just come to a market and open fire out of frustration, killing everyone on sight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by DrAda(f): 7:11pm On Jan 04
I disagree
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by UptownVibes(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04
Dead body go Suplux cheesy

Go see wetin youth dey use illegal arms dey do all in the name of cultism. You come just go give the licence grin Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by xareal(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04
maasoap:
All these mumu Nigerians! Do they even know what will follow? Killing sprees and it won't even be between bandits/terrorists/IPOB on one side and residents protecting themselves on the other side. But killings among the normal citizens fighting over minor things. Won't we be having mass shootings too?
if at least 5 of all the people in that super market in nasarrawa had side arms do you think those animals would have left there alive??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by BondRiv: 7:12pm On Jan 04
This senator is out of touch with reality. We simply do not have the system for this. Nigeria will collapse in days if this is done.

Why do we always like copy and paste approach to things?

Common steady power supply is still a fantasy in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by toxtimmy: 7:13pm On Jan 04
Almost all of Nigerians are mentally challenged... It's like give fire to kerosine.

If una no understand as well, what this men or Ned is saying is guns are only for people like themand not for people like you.

Just like NEPA is not for you but for them only.

Just like good roads is for them but not for you

Just like stealing national cake is for them only and not for you.

mrpablo:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by epainos: 7:13pm On Jan 04
It is better to split in peace cos Nigerians will soon start carrying guns. Trust me on this. Smugglers will start issuing guns to individuals for protections. I want to see how soldiers that feel they are gods will start acting. Ok ooo. We shall see soon. Naija...split in peace now ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by viodemus: 7:13pm On Jan 04
let the professionals do their work. This is not helpful to no one. Soon, secondary school kids will soon see reason in that.

We need to start making gun detectors.

This is a bad idea.

If life tire person, he go just begin dey enter anybody in sight. No more knuckle up, that is what the USA is facing and has been facing for over 30 years now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Fira09(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04
Nwoko and imaginary delusions.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Jozibrainz100: 7:14pm On Jan 04
EEIA:
grin

Lord knows there are about 10 people I know that wouldn’t have been alive right now is everyone could have a gun in Nigeria . cool

Even my being alive would
Be on probability.

I trust Nigeria and stray bullets too. grin

These people don't seem to know how majority of Nigerians behave...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by KingLion007(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04
mrpablo:
And A Big IF at that buh sorry we will definitely abuse it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by maasoap(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04
xareal:
if at least 5 of all the people in that super market in nasarrawa had side arms do you think those animals would have left there alive??
It never ends with just people protecting themselves. Many youths are now into hard drugs

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by id4sho(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04
Welcomed development . Automatic rifles needed in rural areas

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by pongwa(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04
fergie001:

SOURCE
e ko ibon jade ka face ara wa. Olopa ati soja ma foriko
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Princedapace(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04
I do not support this. I rather demand that we with immediate effect decentralize Nigeria: allow local govt have strong security network down to communities. Communities will be able to guide them selves. Let states control their resources and have control of their borders. This will greatly reduce the problem.
Nigeria's problem is very easy to fix but we have refused becus of what I dont know.
Decentralize Nigeria and allow states and local govt to control their resources and pay royalty to FG who uses that to maintain the military which must be properly managed to avoid any ethnic group from having majority of the population. If we truly want to fix Nigeria, this will go a long way:
One, it will reduce the number of states that just produce kids anyhow since states will have to fetch and fund for them selves. No more money sharing scheme. States can go and borrow money from other states.
states can enter into partnership with other states. This means also that power will go down to even the communities. Nigeria can work if we honestly decide to look into our political system. However, national assembly dont want that as they can become very irrelevant.
We can just copy the US model or the UK model and ajust it. This current over centralized system is not working for such a large country and multi ethnic country. We are just setting our selves up.
I dont know why humans cant jst be honest to them selves.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:17pm On Jan 04
Effect of marrying too many wives. Off all the educational , health and infrastructural issues bedeviling the country, the best this old papa can come up with is to push American gangsta lifestyles unto Nigerians. I just wish this country will wake up one day with the military storming Abuja where all these useless politicians are gathered together and effecting a coup asap

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by pikechukwu6(m): 7:17pm On Jan 04
Nah Regina be my concern Sir. How is her KP. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by We4all: 7:17pm On Jan 04
The shege Nigerians are receiving from armed policemen and soldiers is enough to last a lifetime. Imagine allowing civilians to carry guns, and we will experience a massacre.

Instead of advocating for a general overhaul of all the security forces and declaring war on bandits, he is trying to add fuel to the already burning fire. And the fact that most of these bandits are products of these politicians makes his suggestions nauseating.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Lightorder: 7:17pm On Jan 04
The moment that disaster that left office before bulaba , asked citizen to submit their registered guns, massive killing of Nigerians started
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by edunaragold(f): 7:20pm On Jan 04
People go die more o,if u match me without saying sorry,I will go and bring my guy and shoot you,if you owe me money and saying nonsense I will shoot you,if amaka disappointed me ,I will shoot her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Lightorder: 7:20pm On Jan 04
mrpablo:
when our daddies had their registered double barrel guns , there was no abuse . Robbers too were respecting themselves. They had to shoot their way to and from their victims houses, sweating.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by santaclaws: 7:20pm On Jan 04
post=127779926:
Not Good

Bad News Go Plenty ooooo

You didn't read the entire article. Licenced gun owners don't commit crimes with it, it's those who acquired it illegally.

In a country like Nigeria, I'd rather own a gun than to entrust my security into the hands of a police officer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Judolisco(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04
Nope... U see d way military and police use arms on unarmed civilians... Dat d same way Nigerians would behave when given d rights to carry guns... Arms violence go plenty pass USA own if dem try am

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ABC101FF: 7:22pm On Jan 04
Most people are only alive because it is illegal to delete them. Make una do quick.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by nnadychuks(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04
So make Agbero for park too carry gun? Those guys wey dey quick vex… any small thing dem don forget bullet for person belle.
Abeg no o grin
Unless they’ll limit arms to Borno and other terrorist states.
I swear if Ona give Lagos agbero gun… cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by faithfull18(f): 7:24pm On Jan 04
Hmmn, with the way most people have anger issues, the courts and prisons will be full.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by moodyguy: 7:25pm On Jan 04
i dont support it ooo...Just look at America

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Theunbothered: 7:25pm On Jan 04
Nigerians are too stupid to have the privilege

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari / Ben Bruce Criticizes APC Budget For 2017 In New Tweets / Governor Sani Bello Visits Niger State Cattle Grazing Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.