Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko (17008 Views)

Senator Nwoko Initiates Bill On Monthly Payment Of Rent / FRSC To Carry Guns – House Of Representatives / Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Nolevel666: 10:26pm On Jan 04
Issues40:
But how can you curtail the aftermath effects of allowing citizens access to guns? Especially in a country like Nigeria where the poverty rate is high? More gun crimes? I think we should learn from the United States.......

There are other solutions to the insecurity bedevilling this country. ALLOWING citizens to OWN guns is NOT the solution......

It is. The burden on the law enforcement will be less.
An attacker will think twice before doing anything stupid that will drive him straight to hell
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by aywagze(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04
make everybody dey pack..😂 ..turn your back on me and lose your leg ..😁
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by RosyIsBlessed: 10:54pm On Jan 04
So that Nigeria go worse pass US shootings. Country wey people dey vex like this u go give them gun on top
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by EEIA: 11:05pm On Jan 04
Jozibrainz100:

These people don't seem to know how majority of Nigerians behave...

I sweargrin
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by discusant: 11:38pm On Jan 04
chiefolododo:
At least population will reduce by half after 5 years....

It also means that you must be ready everytime to meet your maker, because you never can tell...Everyone would be eager to surrender their lives to Jesus.

I am also afraid of shoot and run

But then it's a good idea...some people carry weapons and no one question them. NO ONE IS MORE NIGERIAN THAN THE OTHER

THE GOVERNMENTS HAVE FAILED , SHAME ON THEM ALL . YOUR NUMBER 1 JOB IS TO SECURE LIVES AND PROPERTIES . BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE PROTECTED AND EMBEZZLE MONEY ANY HOW, YOU THINK THATS ALL? GOD WILL ASK YOU.

I SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING SOLUTION BECAUSE I THINK THAT OUR DISTINGUISHED SENATOR SPOKE THIS BECAUSE OF THE ATTACKS IN THE NORTH CENTRAL AND ONCE THIS EVIL PEOPLE ARE DONE WITH THIS SAID REGION, OF COURSE THEIR ATTENTION WILL SHIFT TO THE SOUTH (W, E,S)

(1)ALLOW STATE POLICE
(2) ALLOW USE OF MONITORING SATELLITES IN SECURITY
(3) RETIRE THE EVIL MILITARY MEN
(4) BE SINCERE

Shame on you Jonathan
BiGGER SHAME on you Buhari
TINUBU do something now , posterity will judge you

State police force can't stop Islamists going to states of Nigeria to kill. The latest crime wave in Nigeria is driven by a group's desire to impose sharia criminal laws upon all of Nigeria. The group has already adopted sharia criminal laws in its 12 far north states.
Federal Police has been worse. New borders for new countries to emerge from Nigeria is the solution to the high crime wave in Nigeria. There are sovereign countries with population less than 200,000 people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Lovelyn451(f): 12:56am On Jan 05
I saw Two women lying dead with their babies crying on their back, one was carrying her baby lying dead there with her baby just looking around like mummy get up why are you lying on the floor....kai
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by seunayantokun(m): 1:30am On Jan 05
No. Rather gun for state, local council, and municipal police forces. Governments at all levels must be able to enforce laws. Then yank off parasitic relationship between FG and states regarding prison service, and let states run their prison services like obtainable in the judiciary.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by seunayantokun(m): 1:33am On Jan 05
discusant:

State police force can't stop Islamists going to states of Nigeria to kill. The latest crime wave in Nigeria is driven by a group's desire to impose sharia criminal laws upon all of Nigeria. The group has already adopted sharia criminal laws in its 12 far north states.
Federal Police has been worse. New borders for new countries to emerge from Nigeria is the solution to the high crime wave in Nigeria. There are sovereign countries with population less than 200,000 people.

One step after the other.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Ofodirinwa: 4:13am On Jan 05
maasoap:

Hahaha. Still, not everyone will have it. And if anyone decides to do damage, it will be too late to stop him anyway.

if you are an armed robber, and guns are legal, will you stop random buses and tell passengers to exit so you can rob them? The 10k Naira you will make will not be worth your life
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Issues40(m): 4:17am On Jan 05
Nolevel666:

It is. The burden on the law enforcement will be less.
An attacker will think twice before doing anything stupid that will drive him straight to hell

Gun violence is not a child's play. A country whose citizens are very much depressed and almost driven into psychosis due to economic pressure and hardship? No! Allowing citizens to own guns is not the solution. Think! Why do we have bandits and terrorists and robbers today? The unknown gunmen and co? Because these set of people have illegal access to guns. How many citizens can handle the responsibility of owning a gun? The maturity that comes with it? Even law enforcement agents sometimes get drunk and go overboard killing innocent civilians simply because they own guns. Allowing the average Nigerian to own a gun will be worse!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Alpharey: 4:21am On Jan 05
epainos:
It is better to split in peace cos Nigerians will soon start carrying guns. Trust me on this. Smugglers will start issuing guns to individuals for protections. I want to see how soldiers that feel they are gods will start acting. Ok ooo. We shall see soon. Naija...split in peace now ooo.

Split what? You want to close market for the people sharing national cake🤣
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Alpharey: 4:33am On Jan 05
Princedapace:
I do not support this. I rather demand that we with immediate effect decentralize Nigeria: allow local govt have strong security network down to communities. Communities will be able to guide them selves. Let states control their resources and have control of their borders. This will greatly reduce the problem.
Nigeria's problem is very easy to fix but we have refused becus of what I dont know.
Decentralize Nigeria and allow states and local govt to control their resources and pay royalty to FG who uses that to maintain the military which must be properly managed to avoid any ethnic group from having majority of the population. If we truly want to fix Nigeria, this will go a long way:
One, it will reduce the number of states that just produce kids anyhow since states will have to fetch and fund for them selves. No more money sharing scheme. States can go and borrow money from other states.
states can enter into partnership with other states. This means also that power will go down to even the communities. Nigeria can work if we honestly decide to look into our political system. However, national assembly dont want that as they can become very irrelevant.
We can just copy the US model or the UK model and ajust it. This current over centralized system is not working for such a large country and multi ethnic country. We are just setting our selves up.
I dont know why humans cant jst be honest to them selves.

You said you don't know why Nigeria can't split. Ok let me help you.
No 1. National cake won't be available for the thieves in government.
No 2. Some regions in Nigeria are afraid of loosing the current position they are enjoying in Nigeria. Cus decentralization means that every state or regions will start developing at their own pace with whatever resources they can afford. But some regions are afraid of this free competition. They won't openly tell you this. But it has always been at the back of their minds.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by God2man2again(m): 4:39am On Jan 05
I totally disagree with civilians carrying guns.

Banditry, terrorism and kidnapping will escalate and many people will be killed on the street unnecessarily just like American are battling with gun control till date.

The Government can easily overcome Banditry, terrorism and kidnapping with so many security cameras in our cities, streets and villages, these cameras will be used to monitor them, locate them and destroy their camps.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Chikel20000(m): 5:27am On Jan 05
chiefolododo:
At least population will reduce by half after 5 years....

It also means that you must be ready everytime to meet your maker, because you never can tell...Everyone would be eager to surrender their lives to Jesus.

I am also afraid of shoot and run

But then it's a good idea...some people carry weapons and no one question them. NO ONE IS MORE NIGERIAN THAN THE OTHER

THE GOVERNMENTS HAVE FAILED , SHAME ON THEM ALL . YOUR NUMBER 1 JOB IS TO SECURE LIVES AND PROPERTIES . BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE PROTECTED AND EMBEZZLE MONEY ANY HOW, YOU THINK THATS ALL? GOD WILL ASK YOU.

I SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING SOLUTION BECAUSE I THINK THAT OUR DISTINGUISHED SENATOR SPOKE THIS BECAUSE OF THE ATTACKS IN THE NORTH CENTRAL AND ONCE THIS EVIL PEOPLE ARE DONE WITH THIS SAID REGION, OF COURSE THEIR ATTENTION WILL SHIFT TO THE SOUTH (W, E,S)

(1)ALLOW STATE POLICE
(2) ALLOW USE OF MONITORING SATELLITES IN SECURITY
(3) RETIRE THE EVIL MILITARY MEN
(4) BE SINCERE

Shame on you Jonathan
BiGGER SHAME on you Buhari
TINUBU do something now , posterity will judge you
Na Tinubu I never still understand
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Charly68: 7:01am On Jan 05
God bless you sir... we need it to protect ourselves from dangerous elements who are killing people like animals...in a short while ,the Govt will discover that the menace of kidnapping and wanton killings have ended
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by zoedew: 8:09am On Jan 05
fergie001:

SOURCE
The right direction!
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by AskNgige2: 8:59am On Jan 05
Dougad:
A very complex situation.

While I agree that people who are the victims of terrorist attacks deserve to protect themselves, I'm not sure if the psyche of the average Nigerian can handle being offended without resorting to guns

Even landlord fit vex one day shoot his tenant lol
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Nolevel666: 11:56am On Jan 05
Issues40:

Gun violence is not a child's play. A country whose citizens are very much depressed and almost driven into psychosis due to economic pressure and hardship? No! Allowing citizens to own guns is not the solution. Think! Why do we have bandits and terrorists and robbers today? The unknown gunmen and co? Because these set of people have illegal access to guns. How many citizens can handle the responsibility of owning a gun? The maturity that comes with it? Even law enforcement agents sometimes get drunk and go overboard killing innocent civilians simply because they own guns. Allowing the average Nigerian to own a gun will be worse!
Profound.

I speak for myself. I don’t know about others.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by maasoap(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05
Ofodirinwa:

if you are an armed robber, and guns are legal, will you stop random buses and tell passengers to exit so you can rob them? The 10k Naira you will make will not be worth your life
Guns are free in USA, larger percentage of their population have guns. Did it stop crimes, armed robbery, killings, mass shootings? No, it didn't.
Going back to your example: people still rob in USA. The only thing that means is that instead of successful robbery where nobody gets hurt in Nigeria, it could end in blood baths in USA. Despite that, criminals would still take their chances grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Criticizes APC Budget For 2017 In New Tweets / NIA Didn’t Get Ikoyi Cash From CBN — Okorafor / Aregbesola Receives UNIOSUN Medical Doctor Graduates From Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.