Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko (17052 Views)

Senator Nwoko Initiates Bill On Monthly Payment Of Rent / FRSC To Carry Guns – House Of Representatives / Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by guru90: 8:26pm On Jan 04
I hope it is possible this year 2024.....

I need one too...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by sweetjohn(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04
There is a reason we are black people. If this is allowed, 2m people will be gunned down within 24hrs. It will be an opportunity for people to take on their enemies. It will be a 24hrs of blood bathe.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Urgent1Million: 8:30pm On Jan 04
Hehehehehee...
While it's a good idea, I doubt if Nigeria is ready for that yet.
Imagine an employee of GSK or the syringe company that just folded in the south south owning a gun. After few months of being jobless, what do you think will run through his mind whenever he wipes the gun and realises that his pocket is empty?
Think about it when you are not very busy.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by maasoap(m): 8:35pm On Jan 04
Totilopussylick:
cool

Supported. It doesn't matter the outcome for Nigerians to own "GUNS" with licence and registration for protection. after all in Western countries majority of them own guns tongue
And what is the outcome for those ones? And I don't think it is majority of them, USA mainly
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by zudozz: 8:37pm On Jan 04
fergie001:

SOURCE

No be only to dey fvk yellow under age girls this man know ooh! grin
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by maasoap(m): 8:37pm On Jan 04
Ofodirinwa:

if everyone has guns, or even 20% of people, who will they abuse that priviledge to? Is it that someone will go to an open market and do armed robbery today, or herdsmen will go to people's farms at will? If you abuse the priviledge, it will abuse you back
Hahaha. Still, not everyone will have it. And if anyone decides to do damage, it will be too late to stop him anyway.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Figger(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04
Dead body go surplus
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ispreloaded(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04
If Nigeria security want to grow....the government have to mount hidden cameras everywhere....they first need to improve in technology..

Reason why the western world can allow individual own guns for personal protection
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04
Ned will be the second politician to make this assertion...

Small small, it will happen...

I'm having the feeling that this will be approved very soon...

Can't wait, though...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by boiler14: 8:41pm On Jan 04
Have you bought your sweet Minor an AK already?
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Blitzking: 8:47pm On Jan 04
Politicians won't allow this to pass..cos they will become endangered species...some patriotic organisations will spring up exposing their atrocities (well outlined with evidence they cannot game and the patriotic citizens will finish the job even It leads to them loosing their lives imagine a politician squandering the money meant for a road and a man loses his only son on the road he fit vex go find the man wey chop the money...imagine a husband loosing his pregnant wife cos the man responsible to equio the hospital chop the money go buy island for dubai he go find am where he dey do campaign gun am down.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Babangidapikin: 8:53pm On Jan 04
In a country where people smoke weed, I won't advice it, those monkeys that went to rob a pharmacy and waste four lives, the question you ask " how much is in a pharmacy to warrant four lives " but when you check you would see trace of hard drug in their system. If I am to rob a bank sef, no life would be lost ...
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Oceanjagaban: 8:53pm On Jan 04
Paedophile reasoning.....
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ogbonti: 8:59pm On Jan 04
EEIA:
grin

Lord knows there are about 10 people I know that wouldn’t have been alive right now is everyone could have a gun in Nigeria . cool

Even my being alive would
Be on probability.

I trust Nigeria and stray bullets too. grin

when everyone who is qualified (pass violent crime background check, psychiatric test and firearms training test) in NIGERIA own guns:

(1) The government official flaunting stolen wealth at your face will behave and be respectful, leading to a better society
(2) The person who can not control his temper and shoots you out of jealousy or hatred will have to deal with your relatives with guns too
(3) It makes every criminal think twice before engaging in robbery or abductions as justice can be served swiftly by armed citizens
(4) It gives confidence to farmers to return back to the farm as they wont be scared of armed herdsmen which makes food cheap
(5) It makes the return of night life possible again as people will feel safer knowing random criminal gangs will not rob or kidnap them
(6) Night travelling will resume in Nigeria as highway robbers will meet their match. This is why highway robbery rarely happen in the U.S.
(7) The impunity of security agents against law abiding citizens will stop instanta, it's why policemen do not slap citizens randomly in the U.S.
( 8 ) Election day will be so safe as hoodlums will not deploy violence to cause mayhem - citizens will have the means to defend their votes!
(9) This means Nigerians will be able to elect credible leaders who are accountable to the people- this will develop the country immensely
(10) Last but no the least, there will be orderliness, mutual respect and peace in Nigeria, and Nigerians will be safer for it.

And for all those against gun ownership, know that knife stabbing, acid pouring, lynching, jungle justice, food poisoning and even machete attacks are equally dangerous realities in Nigeria of today - so whoever will mean to harm you can deploy any of these too to achieve the aim of taking someone's life- so why being against guns? is it because it is swift and precise? who is afraid of the liberated and protected Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ufotunang: 9:02pm On Jan 04
No I do not support nigerians to own guns. ..see what is happening in USA..mass shooting... because USA citizens have the right to own guns... a report said they have been 650 mass shootings in USA in 2023...,..many nigerians will misuse it
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by LONEWOLFJOHN: 9:03pm On Jan 04
Omoapena:

In that case, they can license it only in unsafe states...

And if you're caught with gun in unlicensed state, you should be jailed for possessing it.
exactly.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ufotunang: 9:04pm On Jan 04
A country where majority of it's citizens are lavishing in hunger, poverty hardship, anger, frustrations....so with this it will even increase the crime rate more and worsen the situation. In the country
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ViceGovernor: 9:07pm On Jan 04
God bless our honourable senator Ned Nwoko.
We need to level the playing field hold your AK-47 and I hold my M16....let those terrorists know if they fvck around they will find out 😠
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ufotunang: 9:09pm On Jan 04
The way nigerians quarrel and have misunderstanding among themselves... husband and wife quarrel, boyfriend and girlfriend quarrel, neighbors quarrels, friends quarrel , politcal party supporters quarrel...with all of this quarrels guns will be use on each other during the quarrels and misunderstanding
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by CoronaVirusPro: 9:11pm On Jan 04
mrpablo:
Make sense. If Nigerians won't abuse the privilege

Tell me one privilege that Nigerians dont abuse?

But it's a good way to reduce our population cos their will be a great count of deaths.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by CoronaVirusPro: 9:13pm On Jan 04
Omoapena:

In that case, they can license it only in unsafe states...

And if you're caught with gun in unlicensed state, you should be jailed for possessing it.

I am sure you are not a Nigerian!

In a country where you can own a driver's license without knowing how to drive.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ufotunang: 9:14pm On Jan 04
If the government address and tackle poverty hunger hardship unemployment, inflation . insecurity will reduce gradually and stop...if you want to tackle insecurity you have to tackle it from the root...so government if all of these are addressed it will reduce insecurity
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by ViceGovernor: 9:14pm On Jan 04
Urgent1Million:
Hehehehehee...
While it's a good idea, I doubt if Nigeria is ready for that yet.
Imagine an employee of GSK or the syringe company that just folded in the south south owning a gun. After few months of being jobless, what do you think will run through his mind whenever he wipes the gun and realises that his pocket is empty?
Think about it when you are not very busy.
After thinking about what to do with his gun...he will also think about the shinning M16 rifle his neighbour is holding immediately after his brain will tell him to enter farm and plant cassava.

There are 2 strongest drive in any human being
1- the urge to remain alive
2- sex drive.
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by G00dharddick: 9:48pm On Jan 04
Namaster:
This is not about marry little girls, Nwoko needs to STFU.

A brief look through the stringent requirements already shows that the bill is NOT for the masses.

Also of the 100 civilians murdered in Plateau, probably less than 2 of them would qualify for firearms under the proposed bill.

The massacre is evidence of government failure.

This bill is should be dubbed "Blame-shifting Act 2024". It's dumb and not well-thought.

US, a country that works, is battling with unprecedented levels of gun violence and this fool is proposing a Gun Bill in a shithole like Nigeria.

Do your jobs or the GTFO!

You're a psychopath dude.

Like are you normal? So you would rather prefer herdsmen and bandit to slaughter 150 people at a goal and then you Rush to say the massacre is evident of govt failure? As the govt has failed woefully, will it not be wise for the senate to do the needful so the citizens can secure themselves anything their lives is being threatened by bandits?

Oga this is a perfect bail for Nigerians. At least herdsmen and bandit go dey fear to attack people upon realising everyone has guns
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Issues40(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04
But how can you curtail the aftermath effects of allowing citizens access to guns? Especially in a country like Nigeria where the poverty rate is high? More gun crimes? I think we should learn from the United States.......

There are other solutions to the insecurity bedevilling this country. ALLOWING citizens to OWN guns is NOT the solution......
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Onuoha1234(m): 10:01pm On Jan 04
Yes it will be balance of terror, i
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Raylight2(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04
CameroonPepper:
I said it yesterday and I will say it again, I'm #1 on that list.

Hope you're not at war with anyone?😁😁😁
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Nolevel666: 10:24pm On Jan 04
Dougad:
A very complex situation.

While I agree that people who are the victims of terrorist attacks deserve to protect themselves, I'm not sure if the psyche of the average Nigerian can handle being offended without resorting to guns

The average Nigerian might not qualify for gun ownership
Re: Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko by Chappy001: 10:24pm On Jan 04
Prepare to welcome cases of shoot and run. Oga...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience Today At A Filling Station / Farmer Welcomes Quadruplets In Sokoto, Receives Donations From Tambuwal / A Young Nigerian Must Lead The Country In 2019 - IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.