Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights (26016 Views)

Liverpool Join Sevilla, Others In Race For Onuachu / Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights / Meet Joash Onyango, The 27-Year-Old Kenyan Footballer Training For AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by rolams(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04
Na becos say the tournament no go sweet
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by tuzle(m): 12:15am On Jan 05
airsaylongcome:

Loooooool....e go shock you! Try streaming 4k make you believe. I burn 100gb in a few days
why would I stream a match on 4k
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by airsaylongcome: 12:23am On Jan 05
tuzle:
why would I stream a match on 4k

Errrrrr....because you can? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพ
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Patojargz: 12:39am On Jan 05
MetalJigsaw:
Who do us this thing?

My brr! U need ask again cos e nor clear at all.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by tuzle(m): 12:43am On Jan 05
airsaylongcome:

Errrrrr....because you can? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพ
the major dstv stations are not in 4k, and u woukd hardly see a stream platform with 4k video quality for live matches except u are using firestick or one special paid app.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by ekitimanalways(m): 1:02am On Jan 05
CameroonPepper:
I've said it before & I will say it again, seeing DSTV dish mounted on a building is a sign that unintelligent beings reside there.
grin
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Love800(m): 4:29am On Jan 05
Wats ur reason for dis?
CameroonPepper:
I've said it before & I will say it again, seeing DSTV dish mounted on a building is a sign that unintelligent beings reside there.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Love800(m): 4:31am On Jan 05
So where do you watch from?
geoworldedu:
Hmm. Well, these days I stream matches, so i am already used to not watching from a dish.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:23am On Jan 05
oz4real83:
The good news is that a company is finally breaking multichoice's monopoly over sports in Africa, the bad news is that Nigeria and Nigerian companies are always no where to be found when issues like this are being decided, small countries and their companies decide while Nigeria, a supposed giant must obey decisions made by these tiny countries lipsrsealed, if they decide that Nigerians won't be given access to watch afcon, the decision stands embarassed
Swears, it's really sad
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by zoedew: 6:33am On Jan 05
But why do you say so๐Ÿง.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by zoedew: 6:37am On Jan 05
Totilopussylick:
People with DStv dish mounted in their houses are unintelligent?

You must be a demented person tongue
Simply ask him for his reasons for saying so. You went down to his level!
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Chicentt(f): 6:50am On Jan 05
They should mount his akpa amu
Nemesis0147:
so what should they mount?
Omor werey
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Sike(m): 7:29am On Jan 05
So which better data subscription can you recommend
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Timagex(m): 7:59am On Jan 05
aspabay:

Do you know that people in the UK cannot watch premiership on FTA TV?

By the way, Afrcuans wi watch AFCON. Only that it wi not be shown on Dstv

Wahala dey everywhere...
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:01am On Jan 05
oz4real83:
The good news is that a company is finally breaking multichoice's monopoly over sports in Africa, the bad news is that Nigeria and Nigerian companies are always no where to be found when issues like this are being decided, small countries and their companies decide while Nigeria, a supposed giant must obey decisions made by these tiny countries lipsrsealed, if they decide that Nigerians won't be given access to watch afcon, the decision stands embarassed
Most Nigerian stations that have been hit by fines by NBC have the resources to purchase the right. It's just that NBC are in the lookout for such companies in any later political misbehaviour they make. Channels and AIT that are always fined N5 million naira for any misbehaviour will later be fined $5m for any misbehaviour if any of them announce that they purchase the rights to AFCON at $80m.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by rhythyson: 8:20am On Jan 05
Timagex:
Imagine, African countries cannot watch African cup of nations! ๐Ÿ˜

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES IS IMPORTANT TO YOU!

I wonder oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by AdaAwka1: 8:26am On Jan 05
Totilopussylick:
People with DStv dish mounted in their houses are unintelligent?

You must be a demented person tongue

Spoke by who can't afford it.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Silentgroper(m): 9:09am On Jan 05
Thinktwicemybro:

That's the voice of poverty and stupidity talking. What do you call sense?

To spend 10k to buy data and stream one match. How many MB will you use to stream the match?
that's unrealistic ..
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by LowKeyManny: 1:11pm On Jan 05
Timagex:
Imagine, African countries cannot watch African cup of nations! ๐Ÿ˜

The problem with capitalism. A competition for Africans, hosted in Africa by Africans.. yet Africans can't watch it. Ludicrous.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by dereborn(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05
Kukutente23:

I guess I fall in this category
Kindly enlighten me as to the way out

IPTV is the NEW GENERATION TV. It is the present and future of television . With IPTV, you will have access to all DSTV and all world channels on any device of your choice (Smart TV, Mobile phones and laptop), For more info and enquiries , call or WhatsApp 08033842433

We also provide unlimited internet access to some Nigerian networks
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by dereborn(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05
Debroslink:
Bein Sport (MENA Countries and USA)
Eleven Sport (Europe)
Canal+ Sport (French countries)
SportTV (Europe)
TNT Sport and Sky Sport (UK)
TSN Sport (Canada)
Arena Sport (Europe)

All these are better alternatives to Supersport.

Just get unlimited data plans and the whole world is on your screen courtesy IPTV. Yes, unlimited data plans are in Lagos, and they are relatively cheaper than any other data plans.

Don't ask me, do your findings and enjoy peace of mind.

IPTV is the NEW GENERATION TV. It is the present and future of television . With IPTV, you will have access to all DSTV and all world channels on any device of your choice (Smart TV, Mobile phones and laptop), For more info and enquiries , call or WhatsApp 08033842433

We also provide unlimited internet access to some Nigerian networks
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by dereborn(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05
LoveJesus87:
how pls sir

Why pay 16k when you can pay less than 10k to get unlimited and unrestricted internet access for a month. Contact us on 08033842433 to get unlimited access on some Nigerian networks
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by ttmax09(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05
Menclothing:
We need a serious company that will compete with multi choice In Nigeria
When TSTV mounted the challenge some years back when they were new, how did DSTV eradicate them? Isn't it same unpatriotic elements of the same Nigeria and the government?
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by dereborn(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05
CondemnBattery:
I subscribe 7400 for dstv cos of my kids just cos of cartoons but I still sub 16k monthly for mtn data. Having data doesn't stop one from subbing dstv

With 10k you can get unlimited internet access for a month.... For more info and enquiries , call or WhatsApp 08033842433
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by yuzjet(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05
Angy55:

People will loose their jobs. It is not everything you rejoice for.

Many have been jobless, and those thag would lose their job would lose their jobs.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by geoworldedu: 5:09pm On Jan 05
Love800:
So where do you watch from?
I subscribe #2500 monthly to watch from an app called Live Football Naija.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Love800(m): 7:20pm On Jan 05
So you use your phone to watch football match?
How long does the 2500 last per match?
geoworldedu:

I subscribe #2500 monthly to watch from an app called Live Football Naija.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by geoworldedu: 9:00pm On Jan 05
Love800:
So you use your phone to watch football match?
How long does the 2500 last per match?
the money is just for access to the app for a month. You habe to use your data to watch the matches, as many as you want.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by eepeepook: 10:52pm On Jan 05
Itโ€™s a temporary setback for a billion dollar company.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Love800(m): 4:36am On Jan 06
Ok.
Tankz.

Last question. What type of phone works perfectly for dis, so dat there will be no interruption.
geoworldedu:
the money is just for access to the app for a month. You habe to use your data to watch the matches, as many as you want.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by geoworldedu: 9:19am On Jan 06
Love800:
Ok.
Tankz.

Last question. What type of phone works perfectly for dis, so dat there will be no interruption.
I use Redmi 10A.
I can share my app with you for now so you will not pay a dime. Just download it and see how good it is.
Let me DM you.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by CondemnBattery(f): 3:50pm On Jan 06
Send your proposal on WhatsApp.
dereborn:

With 10k you can get unlimited internet access for a month.... For more info and enquiries , call or WhatsApp 08033842433

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ancelotti Couldn't Help Italy, Not Fit To Be Brazil Coach - President Lula / Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon Dโ€™or, There Are No Losers / Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.