Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights (25975 Views)

Liverpool Join Sevilla, Others In Race For Onuachu / Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights / Meet Joash Onyango, The 27-Year-Old Kenyan Footballer Training For AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by CameroonPepper: 8:39pm On Jan 04
Totilopussylick:
People with DStv dish mounted in their houses are unintelligent?

You must be a demented person tongue

Thinktwicemybro:

That's the voice of poverty and stupidity talking

This is 2024 not 1998.
You are not oppressing anybody, you are just poor and unintelligent.

DSTV dish is a sign of abject poverty and dumbness.
Make money and upgrade.

2 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by spartachico(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04
cunny Dstv will still broadcast this show one way or the other unless they are ready to loose millions of customers to other tv , greedy dstv ,greedy bastards, they will still go under New World tv to broadcast it for us.

4 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by SavageResponse(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04
CameroonPepper:
I've said it before & I will say it again, seeing DSTV dish mounted on a building is a sign that unintelligent beings reside there.

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a long while!

7 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Totilopussylick(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04
You're on your own
CameroonPepper:

This is 2024 not 1998.

Make money and upgrade.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by CondemnBattery(f): 8:40pm On Jan 04
I subscribe 7400 for dstv cos of my kids just cos of cartoons but I still sub 16k monthly for mtn data. Having data doesn't stop one from subbing dstv
Thinktwicemybro:

That's the voice of poverty and stupidity talking. What do you call sense?

To spend 10k to buy data and stream one match. How many MB will you use to stream the match?

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Ezmans: 8:40pm On Jan 04
CameroonPepper:
I've said it before & I will say it again, seeing DSTV dish mounted on a building is a sign that unintelligent beings reside there.
how please
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by ChristianMuslim: 8:41pm On Jan 04
Bleep Multichoice, pls where can i get the new world decoder.. i need to change my decoder
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by CameroonPepper: 8:41pm On Jan 04
SavageResponse:

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a long while!

Unintelligent being spotted.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by loswhite(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04
oz4real83:
The good news is that a company is finally breaking multichoice's monopoly over sports in Africa, the bad news is that Nigeria and Nigerian companies are always no where to be found when issues like this are being decided, small countries and their companies decide while Nigeria, a supposed giant must obey decisions made by these tiny countries lipsrsealed, if they decide that Nigerians won't be given access to watch afcon, the decision stands embarassed
Most Nigerian companies will not do business on a level playing field...lol. They front a business and make alot of illegal wealth not necessarily from the business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Dnet9dnet: 8:43pm On Jan 04
MetalJigsaw:
Who do us this thing?

Na who we go ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Thinktwicemybro: 8:43pm On Jan 04
CameroonPepper:

This is 2024 not 1998.

Make money and upgrade.

You are still in poverty dear. Your character shows it

3 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by SK1SOLA: 8:44pm On Jan 04
I need HITV right now

2 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Thinktwicemybro: 8:46pm On Jan 04
CondemnBattery:
This table contains many of us. Tstv disappointed me. But I hope they are still in existence cha
Tstv is a bankrupt company

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by lordm(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04
I don't pay money to watch match. Buy data and stream it
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Itsrm(m): 8:49pm On Jan 04
CondemnBattery:
I subscribe 7400 for dstv cos of my kids just cos of cartoons but I still sub 16k monthly for mtn data. Having data doesn't stop one from subbing dstv

You're wasting money. Do the three month bulk subscription. That same 16k would have given you more than 160GB data on MTN. With monthly sub, no way you'll get up to that.
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04
I'm beginning to hate Multichoice with a passion and I'm glad someone is dealing with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by tuzle(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04
Thinktwicemybro:

To spend 10k to buy data and stream one match. How many MB will you use to stream the match?
I am not siding the guy o, but I would prefer subbing to watch football games than dstv. My reason is that the highest dstv plan is more than 20k and with that amount I can do more than 100gb on mtn. No matter how I stream in a month, I can't use more than 100gb.

2 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by geezyk(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04
Visocrate:
Ok star times does not have good audiovisual quality however we will manage it like that at all at all nah em bad
Lmao! You dey use startimes antenna with just the in to in red, ywllow and white cables na why e no clear. I had to insist on the decoder that has an hdmi port, and that makes the visual very sharp in HD.

I'm watching the Afcon in full HD.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by tiswell(m): 9:03pm On Jan 04
Those xenophobic murrafuckers should rest,startimes to the rescue

2 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Shezzman: 9:06pm On Jan 04
Lol. Why did you opined like that?
CameroonPepper:
Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by tiswell(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04
Visocrate:
Ok star times does not have good audiovisual quality however we will manage it like that at all at all nah em bad
get the HD decoder and a good television,nothing is wrong with startimes

5 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by chukwuma234: 9:09pm On Jan 04
oz4real83:
The good news is that a company is finally breaking multichoice's monopoly over sports in Africa, the bad news is that Nigeria and Nigerian companies are always no where to be found when issues like this are being decided, small countries and their companies decide while Nigeria, a supposed giant must obey decisions made by these tiny countries lipsrsealed, if they decide that Nigerians won't be given access to watch afcon, the decision stands embarassed

It is not good news. They don't have the subscriber base. They will die off in a few years as it is backed by state funds not a proper business

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by ucsquare(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04
Totilopussylick:
People with DStv dish mounted in their houses are unintelligent?

You must be a demented person tongue

No stress yourself,

That nigghar is actually demented cause no sane person will spew such nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by just2endowed: 9:10pm On Jan 04
tiswell:
get the HD decoder and a good television,nothing is wrong with startimes

hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by Clobisman(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-why-multichoice-lost-out-in-race-for-afcon-broadcast-rights/amp

Previous Thread

Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights
I thought NTA said that they are the biggest television network station in africa, where are they? Uncle lai Mohammed said he will make NTA the best but we are still waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04
Thinktwicemybro:

You spend around 600 mb for a full match using streaming apps. And 350 mb or thereabout using 1xbet app. A gig today is 230 naira.. I spend 250 to watch matches in viewing centre here. As a matter of fact, I enjoy matches streamed

2 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by SavageResponse(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04
CameroonPepper:

Unintelligent being spotted.

This is a public place, stop disgracing your generation here!

3 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by jpmoriarti(m): 9:16pm On Jan 04
CameroonPepper:
Only when you come to Europe, then you know that DSTV package is by far the best in the world. They're enjoying monopoly in Africa, just because no-one can offer what they offer.

Here in Spain, UCL is aired by Movistar plus which shows only one match in a match day, LALIGA matches are aired by only DAZN, which airs only 5 matches per match day for only 35 match days. While a different network airs EPL matches. So if you want to watch these three competitions, you must be running 3 different subscriptions in 3 different networks.

Whereas DSTV offers you all these in a single package for Africans. You won't know what you have until you lose it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by chymeze: 9:17pm On Jan 04
This company was able to acquire all these rights over multichoice because the Togolese government stood firmly by them and gave them all the necessary support against all odds. That rings a loud lesson for the Nigerian context. If the Nigerian government had given firm support to some of these local companies which were starting up they would have survived and taken over the African space. But as usual the story is that whenever these companies arise to challenge DStv, it's even the Nigerian government bribed heavily by DStv that suffocates their own local companies. A small nation like Togo has just shown a supposedly larger nation like Nigeria how it's done if you want your nation to be on the lips of the world. What a shame for Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by chymeze: 9:20pm On Jan 04
jpmoriarti:
Only when you come to Europe, then you know that DSTV package is by far the best in the world. They're enjoying monopoly in Africa, just because no-one can offer what they offer.

Here in Spain, UCL is aired by Movistar plus which shows only one match in a match day, LALIGA matches are aired by only DAZN, which airs only 5 matches per match day for only 35 match days. While a different network airs EPL matches. So if you want to watch these three competitions, you must be running 3 different subscriptions in 3 different networks.

Whereas DSTV offers you all these in a single package for Africans. You won't know what you have until you lose it.
Lol which Europe exactly? The same Europe I'm in? That's not exactly true. beIN sports group shows all matches. Same with skysports and bt sports. Unless you talking about only Spain

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by aspabay(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04
Timagex:
Imagine, African countries cannot watch African cup of nations! 😁

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES IS IMPORTANT TO YOU!

Do you know that people in the UK cannot watch premiership on FTA TV?

By the way, Afrcuans wi watch AFCON. Only that it wi not be shown on Dstv

1 Like

Re: Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights by SavageResponse(m): 9:22pm On Jan 04
lordm:
I don't pay money to watch match. Buy data and stream it

Shey no be money you go use buy the data?! cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tierney Shares Update From Hospital Bed After Having Shoulder Surgery / Nike Suspends Relationship With Mason Greenwood / Done Deal: Inter Milan sign Lukaku on loan, with no buy-back option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.