Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria (27120 Views)

Naira Exchange Came In At The Wrong Time – Onanuga, Director, APC PCC / Buhari At The Right Place At The Wrong Time. / Opinion: Why It Is Very Wrong To Use Buhari And Integrity In The Same Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06
cry
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Onuh211(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06
So pathetic 😭
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Righthussle: 4:19pm On Jan 06
T
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:20pm On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

who is responsible for the economy of Nigeria, inflation, security and exchange rate?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by obuburam: 4:20pm On Jan 06
A very nice thread going on well without tribal bashing. Hope this continues on Nairaland

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by DabuIIIT: 4:20pm On Jan 06
Nigerians are a horrible set of fear fear people.
Worse thing about naija is this ethnic diversity that's a curse to everyone.
Another issues is the crab attitude where ,when one tries to find a way for his people,others at the bottom will pull him down!
For decades now,Nigerians have been putting up with power outage and when the nepa bastards restores power which will not last more than few hours,you hear them scream "up nepa!!!"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:21pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .

very true. in addition, you will still see those that are dying of hunger defending these same politicians

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Ykc2(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06
May brother married at age of 28 build 4 rooms and parlour in our village, lived in 2 bedrooms flat at enugu, drives flat boot Mercedes 200 with 2 boys helping him with his business that was1994,today a man of 33 years is been fed by his parent

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Faposky95: 4:22pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .

You'd probably been in a scenario where you said you wished you were older and an adult there laughed and maybe said ," enjoy it while it lasts".......
Make the best of it while time counts.....
Best of luck
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Golan007: 4:23pm On Jan 06
Wizyoung:

The reality is that the so called Federal allocation to states isn't even sufficient enough to sustain some states' basic infrastructures like road maintenance not to mention development of mega project to ease unemployment. So it is neither about the allocation in a sense nor about the governor.

When a sitting governor embezzles state's fund without fear of sanction from the PRESIDENT, it could only mean one thing...

He has a role model at the top - The President

What sanction?

You forget governors enjoy immunity?

Would you have allowed Buhari sanction Ugwuanyi without turning it to a tribal war?

Go and sleep.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Mandate1: 4:23pm On Jan 06
Kenn55:

Why should you let the president off the hook here? The degradation of Nigeria is primarily the fault of the president. To be fair to Tinubu, he wasn't the one that destroyed it as it started before him but he has contributed to bury it.
The major items that controls the health and viability of the country rests on the FG. The president presides over the monetary and fiscal policies which sets the tone for the economy which affects the states. CBN though independent reports to the president. When naira depreciates due to stupid policies that gives rise to inflation, it is not on the governors.

The president controls the police, army,dss and the entire security architecture etc. Not the governors. When farmers can't farm because of the massacre by terrorists in the middle belt which now leads to higher food prices, the fault is more on the president than governors cos governors don't control the armed forces. I can go on and on.

Unfortunately, our structure is the cause of this deep problems. We copied democracy from the west but applied it the wrong way due to greed. If we practiced true federalism then the governors would have more of the blame. Now they are hiding under the FG cos the FG is too powerful.
In the west like Canada and US, each state or province function like an independent country and in charge of its economy. No sharing of money from FG, it is the state that contributes money to the FG. The resources in each state is used for the state so every state is forced to develop it's own unique economy. In Nigeria, the states are useless cos there is oil money to be shared every month.

I'm not saying the governors are doing well, in fact, they are useless but as per your argument, the president shares the biggest blame in the current situation.
I buy your supposition in totality.

4 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06
ekelebeXstunner:
Life na ups and downs. Enjoyment dey tire person after a while. It’s why I don’t believe in heaven. In the midst of the many complaints, we’ll smile once in a while — as life should be.

You are wise
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Dougad: 4:23pm On Jan 06
The country is completely finished lmao

3 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by bentenny(m): 4:24pm On Jan 06
ogashman:
I remember when I was a kid I admired adults and adult life because then things were better. I always fantasize about it and could not wait to get to that stage and enjoy my life. Then with a job of 50k u re a big boy. Those earning 100k were really balling.

Now, finally getting to that stage, buhari and tinubu inflated the prices of goods and services by over 500% in just 8 years.

Even a 150k salary, u still would not be able to sustain yourself for a month.

God will punish people who brought those two calamities and are supporting their impoverishing policies.

If you were earning 20k during the early 80s or early 90s,you were considered wealthy!
You could get a plot of land for #50
Yes ohh...#50
Today,even in flood prone areas,you will hear ridiculous amount of money for half a plot of land!

4 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Golan007: 4:24pm On Jan 06
lexy2014:

who is responsible for the economy of Nigeria, inflation, security and exchange rate?

Nigerians.

Abi you think you can just turn 1 Naira to 1 dollar?

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by pretydiva(f): 4:26pm On Jan 06
Na keyboard warriors plenty pass for naija. All talks no action

10 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Alaigbo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06
Are you Igbo ?

MikeofKd:

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Mandate1: 4:27pm On Jan 06
Golan007:

What sanction?

You forget governors enjoy immunity?

Would you have allowed Buhari sanction Ugwuanyi without turning it to a tribal war?

Go and sleep.
the governors are misbehaving because the national leadership is doing worst. The governors have very little policies that affect the citizens, the bulk is on the table of the president. Inflation, fuel, power, security etc. What influence does the governor have in controlling inflation and economic stability?

4 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Pristine664: 4:27pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:

Well said bro. All current Nigerian politicians are terrible but one of the major reasons why we can't have a good protest is that some persons think a particular rogue from their region must be worshipped while we kill others so those of us that don't like the present administration decided to be mad with them.

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by AdvaatOnline: 4:28pm On Jan 06
See our signature to get a loan to ease your pain
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by excanny: 4:28pm On Jan 06
Tinubu will solve all our problems. Relax.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Alaigbo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 06
Exactly reason why they Anambrans would rather coming in Ekene dilichukwu GIG Peace Agufore Ifesinachi Okeson GUO Young Shall Grow etc to Lagos instead of hiking the Pandora criminal Peter Obi that looted them to death to account.

Nicepoker:
A country where when its citizens have their backs against the wall. Instead of fighting back. Chooses to dig a hole in the wall and slid inside. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Manuel2000(m): 4:28pm On Jan 06
Nigeria got distabilized ×10 since May 29, 2023. Let's keep the HOPE 🙏

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Golan007: 4:30pm On Jan 06
Mandate1:
the governors are misbehaving because the national leadership is doing worst. The governors have very little policies that affect the citizens, the bulk is on the table of the president. Inflation, fuel, power, security etc. What influence does the governor have in controlling inflation and economic stability?

The presidency can do nothing about an erring governor.

You can philosophise over it, yet it doesn't change the fact.

3 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by meditator(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06
ogashman:
I remember when I was a kid I admired adults and adult life because then things were better. I always fantasize about it and could not wait to get to that stage and enjoy my life. Then with a job of 50k u re a big boy. Those earning 100k were really balling.

Now, finally getting to that stage, buhari and tinubu inflated the prices of goods and services by over 500% in just 8 years.

Even a 150k salary, u still would not be able to sustain yourself for a month.

God will punish people who brought those two calamities and are supporting their impoverishing policies.

I will vote for them again and again, if Obi keeps contesting against them. Because I don't want Anambara to be like Nigeria and I don't won't any religious warlord to wage war against anyone in this country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Jan 06
Golan007:

Nigerians.

Abi you think you can just turn 1 Naira to 1 dollar?

which Nigerians are responsible for "the economy of Nigeria, inflation, security and exchange rate?"

what has turning 1naira to a dollar got to do with the question I asked?

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by fabolouz1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06
Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Golan007: 4:33pm On Jan 06
lexy2014:

which Nigerians are responsible for "the economy of Nigeria, inflation, security and exchange rate?"

what has turning 1naira to a dollar got to do with the question I asked?

You are daft.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by JayPeeOham: 4:33pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:

If you talk now dem go talk say na you lazy pass say make you go work. It's crazy!

Na only people wet still dey comfortably chop mummy thank you no go understand these yearnings.

Truth be told there is no end in sight to all these frustrations instead they'd keep getting worst because our leaders are not ready to develop a system that would favour that common and hard-working Nigerian like we have outside there.

The only solution is REVOLUTION like you rightly said!

Can I shock you? Even those in the military are fed up but are only wait if for the masses to react!!!

It's either we act now and fast or we forever hold our peace like the cowards we are and keep eating from the crumbs that falls off the tables of the useless and selfish leaders!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:34pm On Jan 06
meditator:
I will vote for them again and again, if Obi keeps contesting against them. Because I don't want Anambara to be like Nigeria and I don't won't any religious warlord to wage war against anyone in this country.

since you have been voting for them again and again, how has Nigeria fared and become better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe / Army Relocates Special Forces Training School To Buni Yadi / 64 Senators, 151 Reps Fail To Return To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.