Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria (27117 Views)

Naira Exchange Came In At The Wrong Time – Onanuga, Director, APC PCC / Buhari At The Right Place At The Wrong Time. / Opinion: Why It Is Very Wrong To Use Buhari And Integrity In The Same Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07
coleon:

You are deviating from the real issues here my friend and trying to divert blame on your principal to the states.
While not exonerating the states for their incompetence, the very idea of sharing money every month to states is even wrong in a federation. This is because the states are also meant to stand on their own and generate their wealth.
To the issue you raised, the federal government is to blame for the massive inflation going on in Nigeria today. The states do not control the economy and they don't dictate the fiscal and monetary policies affecting the economy. Specifically, Tinubu's policy of floating the naira and fuel subsidy removal is what has caused the massive inflation going on in Nigeria today so why are you blaming the states for that?

Generate their own wealth when FG has taken ownership or possession of most resources found in each state? The states are even the ones that should be sending allocations to FG if FG hasn't taken over everything.
And again, govs are thieves. In fact, individual of them steals more than presidents
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by coleon(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07
PDPdestroyer:
You're free to relocate to Ghana. My success has never been dependent on government.... as you're complaining, there are many out there making it big without government support, no go do something useful with your life, dey wait for government handout grin
Do you have comprehension problem? Where in his write up did you see him asking government for handouts?
He clearly stated that he is working but hos salary is not enough anymore due to the hyperinflation going on and it's the same for almost all Nigerians making money legitimately.
You somehow found a way to change it to his fault as though he's not doing anything tangible with his life but waiting for the government.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Westves: 5:21pm On Jan 07
Capped off your wailing with that same stupid protest rhetoric. At what point do you guys start thinking of a coup? Why are you guys so shortsighted? Why can't you take laws into your hands and rework the constitution or put in place something more sustainable? It's exhausting sharing the country with you folks
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by coleon(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07
candygist:

I Wass agreeing with you not untill I saw you mention Tinubu. Like it's today that Nigeria got spoiled.
He's making a very valid point, stop looking at everything from a tribal lens.
I agree with you that Nigeria dos not start getting bad under Tinubu but it is an undeniable fact that Tinubu has made it worse in all indices of governance.
You cannot deny a fact that is staring at you in the face. All you need do is ask yourself how much was a bag of rice last year and how much is it now.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by MSN1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 07
Nefort:

Everything you said made sense excerpt the part in bold. Do you think everyone has the money to travel out like you do?
I didn't say i have d moni, neither did i mean; getting the moni is easy.
I spoke in simple terms and clear terms and u are confusing yourself.
NA WA 4 UNA COMPREHENSION SKILLS SEF.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Owologbo(m): 7:28pm On Jan 07
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

did you blame your governor before 2015 or you just fixed your brain because you support rubbish as a president?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Catapault: 7:41pm On Jan 07
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

ARE YOU MINDING THESE ONES?

TRIBALISM IS WHAT IS BLOCKING THEIR HEADS.

IF YOU ARE A TRIBALIST FACED WITH THE CHOICE OF BLAMING EITHER YOUR STATE GOVERNOR, OR THE PRESIDENT WHO IS FROM A DIFFERENT ETHNIC GROUP, YOU WILL BLAME THE PRESIDENT.

THAT IS WHY THEY ARE LIKE THAT, AND THEIR STATE GOVERNORS KNOW THIS, AND THEY SMILE ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by jimcaddy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07
I feel your pain, it's so tough in Nigeria. Like how Nigerians are resilient in the face of multiple problems needs to be researched as a Thesis. But how long can we be stretched that we won't break? How long can we endure. Now salary earners don't look like they are not even earning anything because of the extremely high inflation in the country. Like Nigeria's problems are multifaceted and conjoined. The should first increase minimum wage to like 100k.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by candygist: 10:58pm On Jan 07
coleon:

He's making a very valid point, stop looking at everything from a tribal lens.
I agree with you that Nigeria dos not start getting bad under Tinubu but it is an undeniable fact that Tinubu has made it worse in all indices of governance.
You cannot deny a fact that is staring at you in the face. All you need do is ask yourself how much was a bag of rice last year and how much is it now.

You don't know anything about governance, no need explaining anything to you.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by kumbhuru: 4:54pm On Jan 17
ProJectAnatot:

The Governors don't control the economy of Nigeria. Or are the governors responsible for the drastic and reckless devaluation of Naira? I mean let the economy be fair at least.
Can you please direct me to an article that talks in details about how to register to get hcpc? The person is a radiographer
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ProJectAnatot(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17
kumbhuru:

Can you please direct me to an article that talks in details about how to register to get hcpc? The person is a radiographer

I think the best place to go is the hcpc portal itself. All the details you need should be there. OR you meet someone who has done it before.. I have not done that so here is the link to the hcpc website.
https://www.hcpc-uk.org/registration/getting-on-the-register/international-applications/eligibility/

You can go through it in details. It has all you need.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Cromagnon: 4:35pm On Jan 26
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .
Survival of the fittest

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Friends Storm Airport To Welcome Eyitayo Jegede As He Lands In Ondo(pics) / APC Hails Oshiomhole For Leading Party To Victory In Ekiti / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Visits Prophet TB Joshua In Synagogue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.