Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria (27115 Views)

Naira Exchange Came In At The Wrong Time – Onanuga, Director, APC PCC / Buhari At The Right Place At The Wrong Time. / Opinion: Why It Is Very Wrong To Use Buhari And Integrity In The Same Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by orohbirodeysmel: 6:39pm On Jan 06
Love800:
Dis ur statement is true sha.
I really understand the message behind it.

But u see eh, u cant do without stepping out also. And another thing, life will happen to u in one way or the other which will make u to step out.

No easy way out right now, in Nigeria grin grin
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Wizyoung(m): 6:53pm On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

You are very funny.............you think a president can arrest or punish a sitting governor??

Try and Google what your governor get a month and you will surprised (i mean minus the security vote).

Governors are the real thieves but alot of you are so blind to that cos they cleverly direct everything to the presidency.

Your submission here lack substance. So now that I governor earns massively, he should now use his monthly earnings to fund state budget? It's fine as long as he is only spending the billions meant for him but guess what, he spends more than his entitlement..

Look at you making light of a president's political authority and power. Please enlighten me; how do you think bodies like EFCC help the President in a sane nation? Does a president through the Senate keep approving allocation funds to states whose financial record is riddled with irregularities while he folds his arms because in your thought "the only way to ensure accountability is to arrest them by himself"?

Finally, educate me: does the constitution provide conditions and modalities for the impeachment of a political leader?

There you have it.

It doesn't matter how you look at it, a president is not a Figure head. If things are going wrong at States level and nothing is being done at the Federal level, then I do not blame the sitting governors for having a field day.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 6:54pm On Jan 06
If your papa tell you how him happen for their own time with no technology or other wise you for no believe them. Now you de see. Your own children go complain later about how ur days was easy and their is very hard.

Base line remain. Honor your father. Why cuz he no easy at any time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by JoeEeL(m): 6:55pm On Jan 06
hakeemhakeem:
Work and pray that the time should be yours, since the existence of humans some people complain while others leave large.take or leave it there will always be struggling people on earth in ramifications.Atiku has been struggling to be the president of the nation for decades and bat in single attempts got it likewise a new graduate fully employed and someone that graduated before his/she got out of high school is unemployed

Ur mentality is why nigeria MUST continue being the way it is. To punish 9 out of 10 people like u... until ur reasoning resets properly.

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Annahh(f): 6:59pm On Jan 06
I'm happy that I'm an adult this time, at least I can pay my bill and I'm not depending on my parents to eat what I crave. Parents will complain there's no money for this, there's no money for that.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Wizyoung(m): 7:04pm On Jan 06
Golan007:

What sanction?

You forget governors enjoy immunity?

Would you have allowed Buhari sanction Ugwuanyi without turning it to a tribal war?

Go and sleep.

Lolz! Immunity! Indeed! Thanks for indirectly stating that the constitution offers provision for Immunity at the face of glaring corruption.

What has tribal war got to do with doing the right thing? Are you trying to say playing politics with the future of youths and the lives of unhappy citizens by ignoring the abuse of power should be commended as an act of diplomacy and peace keeping?

My friend, you better wake up now if you've been sleeping already.

You people should stop painting the Nigerian President as a man without choice and Power when it comes to dealing with governors.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by JoeEeL(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06
2aces:
This is hilarious but very true about the situation of things we are forced to accept in this country.
The moment you understand the Nigerian situation is "all man for himself" the faster you will begin to regain your sanity and start figuring your way up.

You were NOT forced.

Nigerians, spineless weak bstards, always relieve themselves of responsibilties to fight for freedom.

Everyone does so except bstard nigerians who know nothing except exchanging in tribal banter.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Tonytonex(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .
make enough money and you will get a understanding gf.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Golan007: 7:21pm On Jan 06
Wizyoung:

Lolz! Immunity! Indeed! Thanks for indirectly stating that the constitution offers provision for Immunity at the face of glaring corruption.

What has tribal war got to do with doing the right thing? Are you trying to say playing politics with the future of youths and the lives of unhappy citizens by ignoring the abuse of power should be commended as an act of diplomacy and peace keeping?

My friend, you better wake up now if you've been sleeping already.

You people should stop painting the Nigerian President as a man without choice and Power when it comes to dealing with governors.

If you live in cloud cuckoo land that's your problem.

There are rules that guide any action.

If you like, climb to your state House and pull out your governor for beating then watch what becomes of you.

Plonker.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Harrisonwo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06
I Love my country but not the citizens because majority are just 😷.
In 2015 prior to the election, I told those who cared to listen that APC will win but Nigerians will suffer it. How do you vote in someone who had absolute power in the military then and couldn't do sh*t with it until he was booted out less than 2yrs in power? Who almost crumbled the country.
And yet again still returned them in 2019 after failing the economy within 4yrs?
2023 election wasn't surprised by the result going by how my country men reason. My slogan was any party but APC and any one who helped to foster the party in 2015 should go to the center..
Anybody who voted in calamities from 2015 till date and turn around to complain, make thund*r pieces him scrotum.
As it stands, the country is going down and irredeemable except we experience the Ghanaian type of revolution. If you get opportunity, JAPA

3 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by nairamaniac: 7:26pm On Jan 06
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nigha you're not alone in all of these....

But las las,we go survive....but not every youth out there is into fraudulent activity....

Being alive in pains, tears, hunger and struggling is not SURVIVAL.
It's LIVING DEAD.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Anatolia: 7:27pm On Jan 06
Bro, I am very sorry you have to go through this but you need to know that you are in a country where the people are selfish and follow the path of least resistance. The consequences of that as a country, these kind of attitudes would only lead to mass poverty and frustration. I empathize with you bro.

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Wizyoung(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06
Golan007:

If you live in cloud cuckoo land that's your problem.

There are rules that guide any action.

If you like, climb to your state House and pull out your governor for beating then watch what becomes of you.

Plonker.

So you really can't drive your point home without being emotional and insolently rude about it?

Take home for you: Go back to history class and see why and how some governors were impeached in the past since the birth of democracy.

When you become a President some day, you should keep praising your politicians and be hailing them while you play powerless as a President. Then let's see who is more toothless. You or a bulldog without teeth?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by faceland: 7:36pm On Jan 06
Since I was born. things get progressively more difficult each year.
So you don't need to be a prophet to know it would get harder.

MikeofKd:
The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

If we don't adapt, we would perish silently.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by faceland: 7:45pm On Jan 06
Dyfynezz12:
Nigerian situation is disheartening
Our money has lost all it's value
Sometimes u will be wondering if ur money is getting stolen without u knowing u have spent it,it's well.

I though my money was stolen, so I sat down with a pen and paper and was shocked how 60k vanished in one day with hardly anything to show for it. Small problems with big prices.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by faceland: 7:50pm On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

FG policy affects us. Like fighting Boko Haram, Naira Redesign, Fuel Price and so on.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Rukevwe999(m): 7:50pm On Jan 06
Tinubu will not save Nigeria, neither will Obi. What I believe Nigeria needs is not change in a change in government, our culture, society and institutions make it easy for corrupt politicians to run wild. What we need is a general reformation of our culture and institutions. If not we will keep moving through this vicious cycle. Especially in our culture, that's we're we need reformations the most because the cultural values and institutions influence our political institutions. There's just something about our culture and our way of life and thinking that is just so wrong.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:52pm On Jan 06
faceland:

I though my money was stolen, so I sat down with a pen and paper and was shocked how 60k vanished in one day with hardly anything to show for it. Small problems with big prices.
That's exactly what do happen to me,
I pity salary Earners sha
Cox unless u 're earning 200k nd above u will hardly have enough no matter how u cut cost

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by bluefilm: 7:53pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .

I feel your pains, guy.

But I have only ONE question for you: Did you vote for APC in the last national election?

If you did, I have nothing else to say to you other than ''enjoy the ride... if you can"
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Alphamentips: 8:06pm On Jan 06
JoeEeL:

What a comment. So the final solution to a typical nigerian's problem is "something wey go bring the money"...

Una suffer never start. U guys' thinking is too basic.

If no be for money wetin wan carry me come Lagos?. I try to focus on what will bring the money as against focusing on the money directly
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Easylife1234: 8:15pm On Jan 06
That's true
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Ifyok50(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06
[quote author=sukkot post=127810716]You youths are crazy. The youths of today have a better chance of being richer than their parents very easily. Go and ask your parents if youths were rich like burna boy and davido and whiz kid in their days ? It was impossible for kids to make it in the eighties or nineties I would assume . Kids of todays have access to the global market through their mobile phones and can access remote jobs in dollars and at 1200 to 1 they are getting rich. I have eighteen year old relatives living in naija who are coding geniuses who are the ones feeding their parents from remote job dollars. Kids are into forex and crypto and online business and coding and music etc killing it more than their parents . As a child today the possibility of being richer than your parents is very high and this stagnant environment of money devaluation helps you more if you can access the dollar. You kids of this generation have it better than any generation that Nigeria has ever produced.

You are very correct, my brother. Even though things may be terribly difficult at the moment, it's, however, never a bad time to be an adult. Anybody can easily become a millionaire if one knows the way. For me, it's much easier to make it this time than in the 80's or 90's.

Nevertheless, we must not downplay the office of the president of a nation, as we all know that the welfare of the citizens in the long run, largely depends on the policies and implementation of such from the oga at the top.

Therefore, fellow youths, let's not give up hope. Whatever you are doing to earn a living, do it well. Very soon, Baba go butter our bread.

So, this year, no gree for anybody or anything, not in poverty or lack oo. Fight oo! Hustle oo! It is well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by flokii: 8:31pm On Jan 06
It's to cut your coat according to your material yard now.. no go dey do pass yourself.

If that baby wey you dey chase no agree to manage resources with you, my guy free am. Plan your life well.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by nairamaniac: 8:32pm On Jan 06
pretydiva:
Na keyboard warriors plenty pass for naija. All talks no action

The people are tooo demoralized to initiate a protest.

Besides, no heavy protest has ever started naturally from scratch.

Something always ignites it and it builds up to an inferno.

The abiola June 12 protest ; it started as just a protest against the election annulment. But later the whole country caught fire.

The endsars protest started with young boys that were being oppressed by police. Later it became *BUHARI MUST GO*. Even after Buhari disnaded endsars, people were still on the streets for next few weeks and even freed criminals.

Or was it the one of Fuel-subsidy?

There must always be a spark.

We all pray for that spark right now. Meaning we are not actually cowards or keyboard worriors.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by iammolise(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.
The way you've hyped state government makes it almost seem like they have autonomy, but you forget that Nigeria practice a federal system; the FG determines what happens in the country as a whole, if a policy from the FG results into economic hardship, governor's can't go against that policy for sake of their subjects. There are just a few issues u can drag governors for and that is social amenities, road network, security within the state and a few other things, but u can't tell them to go against the president's policy that has inflated the prices of fuel and forex, it's above their pay grade. You talked about the allocations they get, I lafff cheesy; even if they use the allocation right will it change dollar to naira exchange and fuel hike that has crippled the economy and devalued our currency.

As for pro-APC /BATists; all of us are here, we will see how far ur 'politicians' owned refinery will revive this level of recession. undecided
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by sweetTai(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:

This is the type of post that really annoys me on Nairaland! I am not a supporter of Tinubu neither did I voted for him. I supported Obi not because he was going to perform any miracle but I was hoping that he’s victory will shock and shake the Nigerian political system.

@Mikeofkd,
What would you do differently if you are the president of Nigeria? Complain as you are complaining right now? You guys blame the government for everything but what have you yourself do to better your life and others? All you do is complain of bad governance, there’s no good governance without good citizens! You complain about “no money, no money “ all the damn time! Can you fry Akara or sell Akamu? Can you help a farmer in his farm? Can you learn a useful trade? Shoe repair/making, generator repair, mechanic repair shop, vulcanizing etc or are you too big for jobs like that? Yeye youths, looking for easy money or easy fixes.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by JoeEeL(m): 9:15pm On Jan 06
Alphamentips:

If no be for money wetin wan carry me come Lagos?. I try to focus on what will bring the money as against focusing on the money directly

And inflation doubles the rate at which u make ur money? What then becomes of ur money?
Or you use your money to begin an agro business then foulani terrorists invade ur business?
Or you're kidnapped on the road with your money by boko haram?
Or waylaid by nigerian police force and ascribed as an online fraudster and forced to transfer your "money made" from lagos at gunpoint?

Then what good is your money?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Whatisurproblem(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:

Honestly you speak mind of every youths, only if the northern youths can be on the same page. But those guys are only interested in bandits
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Whatisurproblem(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06
sweetTai:

This is the type of post that really annoys me on Nairaland! I am not a supporter of Tinubu neither did I voted for him. I supported Obi not because he was going to perform any miracle but I was hoping that he’s victory will shock and shake the Nigerian political system.

@Mikeofkd,
What would you do differently if you are the president of Nigeria? Complain as you are complaining right now? You guys blame the government for everything but what have you yourself do to better your life and others? All you do is complain of bad governance, there’s no good governance without good citizens! You complain about “no money, no money “ all the damn time! Can you fry Akara or sell Akamu? Can you help a farmer in his farm? Can you learn a useful trade? Shoe repair/making, generator repair, mechanic repair shop, vulcanizing etc or are you too big for jobs like that? Yeye youths, looking for easy money or easy fixes.
you are a confirmed 🤡

3 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 9:36pm On Jan 06
ogashman:
I remember when I was a kid I admired adults and adult life because then things were better. I always fantasize about it and could not wait to get to that stage and enjoy my life. Then with a job of 50k u re a big boy. Those earning 100k were really balling.

Now, finally getting to that stage, buhari and tinubu inflated the prices of goods and services by over 500% in just 8 years.

Even a 150k salary, u still would not be able to sustain yourself for a month.

God will punish people who brought those two calamities and are supporting their impoverishing policies.

God can't punish anyone for exercising their democratic right. You guys don't have respect for freedom and rights of others. When will you understand this?
People voted for Buhari because he promised to do better than Jonathan. How would your God punish them for that? The same thing goes for Tinubu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Plot To Impeach Yakubu Dogara Thickens - Naij.com / Buhari Swears In 12 Permanent Secretaries / Profile Of Abba Kabir Yusuf, Kano Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.