Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria (27118 Views)

Naira Exchange Came In At The Wrong Time – Onanuga, Director, APC PCC / Buhari At The Right Place At The Wrong Time. / Opinion: Why It Is Very Wrong To Use Buhari And Integrity In The Same Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by M0M0SHIKI: 9:36pm On Jan 06
I have a question, Economy is tight there is no money yet some ladies have very high body count, do they give free knacks?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06
Wizyoung:

The reality is that the so called Federal allocation to states isn't even sufficient enough to sustain some states' basic infrastructures like road maintenance not to mention development of mega project to ease unemployment. So it is neither about the allocation in a sense nor about the governor.

grin grin grin
You meant the same govs that are not only stealing states money but also joining local governments money together? Stop defending these thieves. Otti spent 1 billion naira on food in three months, Sanwo-olu spent 2 billion naira on food in three months while Ademola of Osun state spent 6 billion naira on food in three months! Is that the part of the infrastructures you're talking about that their allocations are not enough for? Lol

When a sitting governor embezzles state's fund without fear of sanction from the PRESIDENT, it could only mean one thing...

He has a role model at the top - The President
President can't sanction governors, he's not their boss. They don't report to him. You should know better. And secondly, they have immunity
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ogashman(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06
maasoap:

God can't punish anyone for exercising their democratic right. You guys don't have respect for freedom and rights of others. When will you understand this?
People voted for Buhari because he promised to do better than Jonathan. How would your God punish them for that? The same thing goes for Tinubu.

Exercising right u said? So Voting for dull candidates(both buhari n tinubu) who refused to attend an ordinary debate to at least sell their Ideas to the people is exercising rights?

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Tochi3(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06
Nicepoker:
A country where when its citizens have their backs against the wall. Instead of fighting back. Chooses to dig a hole in the wall and slid inside. grin
..wahala wahala grin grin
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by pretydiva(f): 10:07pm On Jan 06
nairamaniac:

The people are tooo demoralized to initiate a protest.

Besides, no heavy protest has ever started naturally from scratch.

Something always ignites it and it builds up to an inferno.

The abiola June 12 protest ; it started as just a protest against the election annulment. But later the whole country caught fire.

The endsars protest started with young boys that were being oppressed by police. Later it became *BUHARI MUST GO*. Even after Buhari disnaded endsars, people were still on the streets for next few weeks and even freed criminals.

Or was it the one of Fuel-subsidy?

There must always be a spark.

We all pray for that spark right now. Meaning we are not actually cowards or keyboard worriors.
The earlier the spark comes, the better for us all . Things are already getting out of hand

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by mikmash(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06
Lord knows I have stopped looking at this country or whatever government as a determinant for me to excel. I have many life glaring issues so I better face this war squarely than waste my time.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .
When I are ready, call me , let's revolt
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 10:21pm On Jan 06
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .
Leave Nigeria abeg
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by pikechukwu6(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06
grin grin grin You like to play
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by doubleZ88(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06
Today tinubu signed 28.72trillion naira for this year's budget and more than 60% of the budget is going to purchase of new cars, helipad renovation of government house and national assembly. Another portion is going to renovation of medical center for the president and national assembly.
Sadly, just 2% of the budget is going into education, 3% to medicals.

People are not finding it funny with the economy, every commodity the common man could afford is increasing by d day.

If this continues we would not be able to purchase anything.
Our 1k will b useless.

It's high time we the common men rise up and stop this.

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by 2aces(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06
JoeEeL:

You were NOT forced.

Nigerians, spineless weak bstards, always relieve themselves of responsibilties to fight for freedom.

Everyone does so except bstard nigerians who know nothing except exchanging in tribal banter.
Quote me again brainless cow, I see you cannot make any meaningful statement without revealing the contents of your brain.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:16am On Jan 07
JoeEeL:

Ur mentality is why nigeria MUST continue being the way it is. To punish 9 out of 10 people like u... until ur reasoning resets properly.

Wake up to reality sleep on bicycle is calamity
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by MSN1(m): 5:24am On Jan 07
ChybuzzDD:

But when Jonathan was the president, you left your governors and complained and protested against him?

I just hate hypocrites. You guys are disgusting and annoying
People like u are d reason NL keeps turning to something else, this is no longer d platform i once enjoyed years back. ADULTS NOW TALKING OUT OF SENSE.

Where did u know me from to come to conclusion that; I have ever in my life castigated president, supported, campaigned or voted for the idiots that has, are and will keep fooling u people?. DO U PIPO EVEN CHECK YOUR SANITY LEVEL @ ALL?

AS FOR THE OTHER TWO ABOVE THAT QUOTED THRASH, MY QUOTE ARE TOO EXPENSIVE TO WASTE ON THEM.

U guys just grow without your maturity showing in your behaviour.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by DrAkpamudehe: 6:11am On Jan 07
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

I am assuming you and the 58 people that liked your post are illiterates. Is it the state governors that control the economy, macro and micro economics policies, devaluation and interest rates?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by DrAkpamudehe: 6:11am On Jan 07
#
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Alexxyz: 6:24am On Jan 07
The painful thing is that our politicians do not care about us.They are not after the development of the country but their pockets.Just imagine the hardship in the country presently..
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 6:53am On Jan 07
MikeofKd:

Survival of the fittest
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:03am On Jan 07
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.
Oga. It's not the governors that put up economic policies that destroy the economy. They don't have any business with fuel price and consequently, food price. Some governors receive as low as 5 billion Naira in monthly Federal allocation which, most of the time, is not even enough to pay workers salaries, talk more of developing capital projects or economic diversification. We should hold the president solely responsible for the poor economy.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by AFconsult1(m): 7:03am On Jan 07
Nicepoker:
A country where when its citizens have their backs against the wall. Instead of fighting back. Chooses to dig a hole in the wall and slid inside. grin
word!
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Atllanta: 7:07am On Jan 07
É reach dia turn to control govt everywhere begin RED 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️ but d tym dis old gens for dia youths country really soft for Dem prices of tins really cheep Die
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Johel(m): 8:02am On Jan 07
Wizyoung:

The reality is that the so called Federal allocation to states isn't even sufficient enough to sustain some states' basic infrastructures like road maintenance not to mention development of mega project to ease unemployment. So it is neither about the allocation in a sense nor about the governor.

When a sitting governor embezzles state's fund without fear of sanction from the PRESIDENT, it could only mean one thing...

He has a role model at the top - The President

Don't mind that fool Talking like a senseless hungry maggot... he's definitely a Tinubu supporter, a smelling bigot and hypocrite,their type stink.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Johel(m): 8:03am On Jan 07
Pecoleee345:

You are very funny.............you think a president can arrest or punish a sitting governor??

Try and Google what your governor get a month and you will surprised (i mean minus the security vote).

Governors are the real thieves but alot of you are so blind to that cos they cleverly direct everything to the presidency.

Oga shutup, your mouth dey smell, no sense at all.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by nairamaniac: 8:22am On Jan 07
pretydiva:

The earlier the spark comes, the better for us all . Things are already getting out of hand

You , me and most of us yearning for that spark shows we are bold and not cowards.

We may all be scared of dieing individually.
But most likely bold of dieing together as one-country in this current situation.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by virginboy1(m): 9:44am On Jan 07
MikeofKd:

My brother its crazy ooo. So many wrong elements has infiltrated the government. And all they know is just to cash out. And the sad thing is that the few good ones that are there are likely to get pounced on for doing what is right.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Macgyver1: 12:38pm On Jan 07
Touching down Canada soon!
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Malevonent: 2:28pm On Jan 07
MikeofKd:

Nigerians are a very docile and useless set of beings.
A country of over 200m being held down by one certificate forging thief.
If just less than 2m people which is less than 1% of the popoulation of the country gather and match to his house in protest, he will flee and they can unseat him

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 3:07pm On Jan 07
Alphamentips:
I try to Focus on the solutions more because the problem yapa !

How do one escape the rat race? Have enof bar then comot this country because imagine how bad e go dey in the next 3 to 4 years following this trend.

The Nigerian money come dey lose value dey cancel out all your gains. Finally them say illegal pay pass (but not always true)

No risk. No reward.
I go find more ways to do something wey go bring the money by nature's energy. Ani dubem

I love your spirit
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Nefort: 4:06pm On Jan 07
MSN1:

God go bless u 4 dis talk.

People like u are the reason why we still post on NL because a lot here are walking with pry 2 brain.

I have said on different threads, the need 4 us not to heap all the blame on presidents and what i got in return were bashing , calling me out that i am supporting APC and evil, i just look dem they laugh. Failure to use your brain is automatically signing for your brain to use u.

*Allocations goes to states steadily, when nothing is done, they shout president.
*ASUU strike, they shout president, rather than calling out your union leaders that sold u out to your oppressors.
* Pensions and promotions are not paid as at when due, they shout president, leaving union leaders that sold them.
__If everything is president, then why do we have
LG chairmen
Assembly, Rep and Senate members?
These people steal and rip us, yet a lot of educated mugus, blame presidents, UNA GO USE UNA HEAD BY FORCE.

I felt like crying when my nigga's mom told me her Pension money she received (that has been due for more than 5 years ) was not even up to 6 million, VERY PATHETIC.
Ordinary money that can't afford a good ride not to talk of living a good life before death comes. SOMEONE'S 35 years of steady sweat, neanwhile one stupid house of Assembly member makes tripple that amount in 6 months.

I sorry 4 who get d now useless Naira in abundance and refuse to rewrite im posterity story. MOVING OUT TO SANER CLIMES IS D BEST GIFT ANYONE CAN GIFT HIS/HER GENERATION.
Youths in 2024 still shouting Obi, Tinubu, Atiku, is d worst kind of disease on Earth.

A guy was advising mostly youth to move and make life better for their generation on LIB few days ago and stupid youths were bashing him.
MUMU DEY ALWAYS LEARN D HARD WAY.
Everything you said made sense excerpt the part in bold. Do you think everyone has the money to travel out like you do?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by coleon(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07
Pecoleee345:

You are deviating from the real issues here my friend and trying to divert blame on your principal to the states.
While not exonerating the states for their incompetence, the very idea of sharing money every month to states is even wrong in a federation. This is because the states are also meant to stand on their own and generate their wealth.
To the issue you raised, the federal government is to blame for the massive inflation going on in Nigeria today. The states do not control the economy and they don't dictate the fiscal and monetary policies affecting the economy. Specifically, Tinubu's policy of floating the naira and fuel subsidy removal is what has caused the massive inflation going on in Nigeria today so why are you blaming the states for that?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by 1TrippleCee: 4:18pm On Jan 07
JoeEeL:

You were NOT forced.

Nigerians, spineless weak bstards, always relieve themselves of responsibilties to fight for freedom.

Everyone does so except bstard nigerians who know nothing except exchanging in tribal banter.

grin
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 4:38pm On Jan 07
ogashman:

Exercising right u said? So Voting for dull candidates(both buhari n tinubu) who refused to attend an ordinary debate to at least sell their Ideas to the people is exercising rights?

It is what it is, individual democratic right. Obi or Atiku could have been worse because a lots of factors are responsible for achievement or failure in office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwara Police Commissioner Killed In Enugu / Benue Governor, Anenih, Aganga Flee Nigeria - SaharaReporters / In The 1980s, Italy Paid Koko, A Nigeria Town $100 A Month To Store Toxic Waste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.