Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? (289 Views)

Redpill Will Favour You When You Are Working And Your Life Is In Order / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React / If You Don't Know This Girl. Heaven Is Sure For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? by Ebonygeek(f): 7:49am On Jan 06
My neighbour used to look at me in a funny way and act a bit hostile towards me a while back. I wondered why and finally deduced that it was because I used to spend a lot of time indoors, while they all went out to work. In her mind, I was acting like a big girl and was a bit of a snob.

'How person go just dey inside without going out to work for this Buhari economy?' She wondered.

Well, here's the secret my dear. It's not that I'm rich or don't need money. Of course I have needs. But I'm not worried because "the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7), and it dwells within me.

You see, when you follow Christ, things will ALWAYS go your way. God doesn't want us to suffer on this earth on which he's placed us. In fact, He wants us to have a great time - the best time. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord , thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." God wants you to have that thing you desire, and all He askes for in return is that you obey his commandments.

Psalm 1:1-3 says, "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. [2] But his delight is in the law of the Lord ; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. [3] And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

The truth is that if you've been poor and stagnant for the past couple of years, you're not an active believer. Nobody can serve God actively and suffer. You can take that statement to the bank. wink
Re: Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? by Ebonygeek(f): 8:01am On Jan 06
People might be complaining about the economy, but every true believer will sail through. Stop putting your trust in Tinubu and hoping that he'll make things better. Trust in God, my beautiful friend. smiley

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? by Palazee(m): 8:12am On Jan 06
Tell us your job and you are quoting bible scriptures for us
Re: Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? by Galaxyroyp(m): 8:30am On Jan 06
She's a freelance writer, if what she wrote on her bio is true.

Presumably she's making money online as a freelancer, hence the reason she stayed indoors most of the time, which is not atypical of those with remote jobs.

But she's here quoting Bible verses. You'd be surprised that a lot of people just say things that was pass down to them without critically examine those sayings.

She must have heard pastors, friends, her parents, and others saying that if you worship God, you'll never lack, or something towards that line.

But she willfully ignored the fact that 'faith without work is death/useless'. She must have also forgotten that there are paupers in the church/congregation she attends, and those people may even be serving God than she does.

I dare her 'throw away' her freelance work and have no financial support from anyone. Afterward, she can let me know if:

1. those bible verses will still apply, and
2. she will not run out of her apartment and go look for work 9-5 like her neighbors.

Palazee:
Tell us your job and you are quoting bible scriptures for us

Re: Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? by Ebonygeek(f): 8:59am On Jan 06
Galaxyroyp:
She's a freelance writer, if what she wrote on her bio is true.

I smiled when I read your quote.

You see sir, when one studies philosophy, one is thought about the conceptions of philosophy, one of which is the master-scientist conception. It basically states that knowledge can be acquired through the senses, i.e., we can experience knowledge and determine whether or not it's true.

That said, let me just say that I have felt God, I commune with Him, and my important actions, which usually yield favourable outcomes, are guided by him. Heck, sometimes, I could be in an unknown environment, searching for something or someone, and I'll stop and say 'Lord lead me', and before you know it, the thing I'm searching for will be directly in front of me.

I used to be like you. I considered myself smart; heck I thought of myself as a female, Nigerian Sheldon (from the Big Bang theory), but when I encountered God, I realised just how foolish and devoid of real knowledge that I really was.

It's hard for many non-believing humans to perceive God. The scriptures rightly say in Acts 28:26-27, "...Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: [27] For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

The scriptures say ask and ye shall receive. Knock, and the door shall be opened unto you. The truth is right there in front of you. All you need to do to find out if God is real is to earnestly ask Him.

James 1:5 KJV
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In addition, not everything is always as it seems. A person might look or appear poor to you, and yet, they live like kings privately. I once went to a compound and saw an old man, who I assumed to be a cleaner, sweeping outside. It turned out that he was a Deeper Life pastor who lived in the same compound. I also know a man who wears the same suit to church on most Sundays. Paid him and his wife a visit one day, and discovered they live in a comfortable house and are doing okay for themselves. The Scriptures tell us to be humble dear friend and to clothe ourselves in modest apparel. Once again, not everything is always as it seems. wink
Re: Did You Know This Economy Can Favour You? by Ebonygeek(f): 9:56pm On Jan 06
Life doesn't have to be a struggle.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out: Types Of Women Who Might Not Value Your Efforts In Nigeria / Seeking Advice, Am I Alone? / Why Is There Always Electrical Shock In Body Contact During Cold Weather?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.