Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March (18869 Views)

Anthony Joshua To Present Belts To Buhari / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by fergie001: 8:28am On Jan 06
Former unified world heavyweight champion Joshua is expected to share the ring with Ngannou, a former UFC champion, after the planned fight was announced by promotional teams Matchroom and Queensberry on Friday night.

A press conference has been scheduled on January 15 to reveal more details, with reports suggesting that Joshua will face Ngannou on Friday March 8 in Riyadh.

Joshua continued his quest to return to the top of the heavyweight division with a dominant five-round win over Otto Wallin on December 23 but expectations that he would next face Deontay Wilder evaporated when the American lost to Joseph Parker on the same card.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Ngannou knocked down Tyson Fury in his first professional boxing bout last October, although the latter still won a split decision, and is now ranked in the WBC's top 10 of heavyweight contenders.

Speaking after his impressive win against Wallin, Joshua declared: "I'm down to fight anyone. Whenever and whoever."

Filip Hrgovic, the IBF mandatory challenger, and Zhilei Zhang were also being considered as potential opponents for Joshua's next fight.

Saudi Arabia will again stage a major heavyweight fight, just weeks after Fury takes on Oleksandr Usyk in an undisputed world title fight on February 17.

'NGANNOU A GOOD FIGHT FOR AJ'
The Sun's Charlie Wyett says Francis Ngannou will provide Anthony Joshua with a good test, after their 10-round fight was confirmed in Saudi Arabia later this year.

Reacting to the news of the fight on Back Pages Tonight on Sky Sports News, The Sun's Charlie Wyett said: "I think so [that it's the right opponent]

"He was obviously hoping it was going to be Deontay Wilder but because of what happened with his fight they have lined this opponent up. It's a process that's going to take a while.

"It's a good fight for him [Joshua], it's probably going to be on March 9, with the press conference in a few days' time.

"I think that's one thing we're going to have to get used to now for many years to come that all these fights are going to be in Saudi Arabia now.

"But it's not a surprise that they've fixed up a fight for around that time."

SkySports

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by chatinent: 8:33am On Jan 06
Anthony Joshua may not stand a chance against Ngannou; that dude will use the annoyance they robbed him off during the Fury’s match to design AJ. By the way, una say una motto na no gree for anybody. Wait until person refuse to gree for your no gree.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:05am On Jan 06
Ever since this guy met Buhari, he has become a shadow of himself in boxing. Now he fights amateur boxers. Francis is an amateur whether you like it or not.

UFC is not boxing.

Anthony Joshua will win.

lexy2014:

But amateur Ngannou dropped Tyson Fury
donforeign:
ngannou with no skills beat fury talkless aj lol

No be who score good goals dey win match. Na who score more goals

No matter how many possession you get for match na who score highest win match.

Naso e be for boxing.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by AchrafHakimi: 9:05am On Jan 06
RIP in advance to AJ.

Tell Yar'Adua to calm down for Akeredolu.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by KingDash09(m): 9:05am On Jan 06
Man city

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by Olieba: 9:05am On Jan 06
Quelme:
Joshua no go see draw for this one.
Don't think so
Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by Tokskob2008: 9:05am On Jan 06
Tough battle for the both of them but Francis might have a slight advantage over Joshua at the end of the day....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by fnep2smooth(m): 9:05am On Jan 06
the guy go knack joshua hands down. i bet my 2 balls on it grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by ProudNigerian01: 9:06am On Jan 06
This "Ngannou" should not embarrass Joshua o, imagine coming from UFC to knock down tyson fury.

The real bout I for like see na AJ vs Portable championship fight grin
Please guys remember Jesus loves you and wants you to stay away from sin. Fornication is a big sin.

25 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by sheungeek(m): 9:06am On Jan 06
AJ should look for an easier fighter... Francis no get joy.

24 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by MayorWhales: 9:06am On Jan 06
It’s obvious The Arabs paid heavy,I wish Joshua all the best he needs it more grin Our brother is fighting for the bag

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by dalebrown: 9:07am On Jan 06
Team AJ all the way grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by pode(m): 9:07am On Jan 06
Good luck to him
Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by jaxxy(m): 9:07am On Jan 06
Hmmm Ngannou may not have as much skills bt he is no less dangerous.

Aj should be very careful and don't underestimate that guy.

10 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by RawSex(m): 9:08am On Jan 06
Joshua no near, Ngannou go commit your teeth oh grin

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by Quelme: 9:08am On Jan 06
Olieba:
Don't think so
Judging from Ngannou's bout with Fury, the guy was pretty impressive.

Can Joshua go up to round 10? I doubt if he has that stamina.

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by maxiuc(m): 9:08am On Jan 06
cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by ROTTWEILER007: 9:08am On Jan 06
Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by FamTomx2(m): 9:08am On Jan 06
Francis should tamper justice with mercy, una be Africans and brothers oh!! grin

World people stay clear from AJ he is still recovering.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by sukkot: 9:08am On Jan 06
grin Ngannou will be destroyed. He got lucky cuz fury is not a great boxer but Aj If he is not timid is actually a great boxer

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by Drone95(m): 9:09am On Jan 06
fnep2smooth:
your balls are gone! Otilo grin

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by flexyrule(m): 9:09am On Jan 06
AJ is ours.

We have no option than to support him, even though the odds are kinda against him.

Ngannou fights like a hungry lion.

Since AJ started mingling with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed he lost focus.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by abhosts(m): 9:09am On Jan 06
AJ would be in our prayers.

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by santaclaws: 9:10am On Jan 06
99% of you saying Ngannou will beat AJ don't know anything about boxing. I doubt you lot follow any combat sport for that matter! 😂

Just because Ngannou scored a knock down against Fury, you all conclude he'll beat AJ. Well, a man is never respected in his own home, so I ain't surprised.

Come March 8, AJ will show Ngannou that boxing is different from MMA.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by humberjade: 9:10am On Jan 06
fnep2smooth:

Prepare to become impotent then 😉

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by lexy2014: 9:10am On Jan 06
Yugoslavia247:
Ever since this guy met Buhari, he has become a shadow of himself in boxing. Now he fights amateur boxers. Francis is an amateur whether you like it or not.

UFC is not boxing.

Anthony Joshua will win

But amateur Ngannou dropped Tyson Fury

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by Skillsnigeria: 9:10am On Jan 06
Okay
Re: Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March by richiemcgold: 9:10am On Jan 06
I'm not in any way interested in all these non-title bouts.

Call me when it's AJ vs Furry or Usyk.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Agege Soccer Temple Finally Gets Seal Of Approval From CAF / Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White / Facebook To Start Cristiano Ronaldo Reality TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.