Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M (29757 Views)

Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by tuzle(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06
Jeon:
Na traditions .

Don't allow the whites traditions to overcome African traditions,so just do it .
u guys keep saying dis. Just do it like na u go find the person money to do it. There are many traditions they still do in ur village but due to white man Christianity u don't do those traditions again. If bribe price list pass 200k, I am not marrying again. They should keep their daughter. Una go dey stress person before person marry not considering things after the wedding. People that just want to rip someone all in the name of wedding.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Scholace: 1:47pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:

Married women here don't do that
They do that here
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by haphizz57(m): 1:50pm On Jan 06
Guy post d family name. Lets knw maybe dey can afford dat marriage for day male children
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Fizalis(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06
Inside her Red Wetin Comrade?
😁🤣😩😆😅😂
SlavaUkraini:
1.2 Million for marriage list ?

Wait oo...

She carry Gold inside her Red Toto 👄 ?

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by skj1377(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06
Better look for a cheaper lady.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Fizalis(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06
Oga no names were mentioned in the post

It's good to spread the word so people know before hand what it takes to marry from Benue!

No account number was mentioned in the post!

No derrogatory commend was made against the so called inlaws!

So you would rather love for this vital info be hidden to massage your ego cos u are a Benue man?
iswallker:
Why is this on social media to shame the family or to raise money from public..
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by skj1377(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06
You can't be buying problem at N1.2million how much will solution cost

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Jking20(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06
FuckYeyeMods:

You better don't let people descend on you, your tribe is trash..
Your culture is wack and outdated.
93% of your your people are very greedy.

I'll kindly take that as ignorance emanating from lack of knowledge about whom my tribe is, and I further encourage you to make detailed findings before replying to what you only claim you know.
I take a rest
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Amayabor1: 2:04pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
The most annoying thing about such families is that they can't afford it themselves. When any of their sons want to marry, they will push such expenses to the various husbands of their daughters shocked. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria, while some perpetuate it using politics, others do the same corruption under culture and tradition embarassed

God forbid I contribute for my brother in-law to pay bride price. Them nor born the family well to demand any amount from me for their son to get married
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Nweike1: 2:10pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
The most annoying thing about such families is that they can't afford it themselves. When any of their sons want to marry, they will push such expenses to the various husbands of their daughters shocked. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria, while some perpetuate it using politics, others do the same corruption under culture and tradition embarassed
100% right

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by MrJames007: 2:14pm On Jan 06
Makamatic:
To bury that same woman , you go still buy cow , goat to take kill cow and goat for all her sibling with 50 crates of beer and malt .. very nonsense tribe . Painful death o , celebration o them go they drink beer
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by maasoap(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06
Ishilove:

I am not lying to myself. Go back and reread my comment or fvck off forever
May be this is the same story in another format grin grin grin
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Ketamine9000mg(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:
Give the girl belle , na the family go day beg you to marry their daughter

The best advice ever.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Ishilove: 2:23pm On Jan 06
maasoap:

May be this is the same story in another format grin grin grin
Yes it is. I saw the same story on social media, years ago but the name was different. The story actually emanated from one of those moribund blogs from the 2010s
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by LoveJesus87(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:
It's too small for marriage, you can't get anything reasonable with that amount.
make d girl remain for im parents house be dat
No be everybody go marry
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Fryx: 2:43pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
i don't think you understand the post, marriage list is different from the general celebration expenses, it is what the family wants before they will release their daughter, the general ceremony is usually more expensive than the marriage list, if the man is already spending N1. 2m on just marriage list, just imagine how much the total marriage will cost shocked, some families are just tio greedy.

Simple thing wey the guy go just give the girl belle. They can keep her with the belle if they want more than he can offer. He won’t even need to do white wedding, just go to court and move in.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Winneepye: 2:48pm On Jan 06
Benue people like to cash out with their children.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by mukthar2000(m): 2:55pm On Jan 06
But Benue headers have review their traditional rules that they should not be collecting more than #50000 .
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by badboyTee(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06
Jeon:
Na traditions .

Don't allow the whites traditions to overcome African traditions,so just do it .
mumu
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by kennethovic7(m): 3:04pm On Jan 06
LagosG:
Poverty alleviation scheme

Shebi their council recently said bride price is no more than 50Gs
The tribe is different from the one that made that statement
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Chizy12345: 3:17pm On Jan 06
go and invest your money somewhere
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by bizhop01: 3:21pm On Jan 06
But they said Benue girls are free
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by SlavaUkraini: 3:32pm On Jan 06
Fizalis:
Inside her Red Wetin Comrade?
😁🤣😩😆😅😂

Yes na

Inside her Red Toto 👄

Her Sweet Juicy Red 💋 Kpekus
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Greenfaces: 3:33pm On Jan 06
ecolime:
Marriage list alone cheesy

And proper wedding costs still dey there.

My Pre-wedding shoot, main photography (Engagement and church), Photobook, 2 picture frames plus video coverage cost N70k just 10 years ago.

But things have changed now. Wifey took my son for birthday shoot few days ago. N40k for just 8 pictures. E-copies ooo shocked

No wonder our young men are no longer getting married.

I feel for guys of nowadays.
Malaysians are paying groom price to men to marry their daughters. Fine daughters ooo...
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06
The younger the girlfriend the more expensive the bride price. If you want to pay bride price at subsidised and at cheaper rate wait till your girlfriend gets older.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by FuckYeyeMods: 3:44pm On Jan 06
Jking20:

I'll kindly take that as ignorance emanating from lack of knowledge about whom my tribe is, and I further encourage you to make detailed findings before replying to what you only claim you know.
I take a rest
What I claim to know? I rest my case.
You think I'm venting just because of dem say dem say...
Untill your people change,the stain is visible.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by UptownVibes(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
i don't think you understand the post, marriage list is different from the general celebration expenses, it is what the family wants before they will release their daughter, the general ceremony is usually more expensive than the marriage list, if the man is already spending N1. 2m on just marriage list, just imagine how much the total marriage will cost shocked, some families are just tio greedy.
And the girl might have even been a hoe. Dey pay such amount for community property is day light robbery.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by JayPeeOham: 3:52pm On Jan 06
Imagine??

Ordinary Benue ooh cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Abi no be Benue I dey see so shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by legba1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:
You can't get anything reasonable with such amount, I know what I'm talking.

What is reasonable about the lady.... Is she a virgin? What else will she brings to the table. She study for cambridge abi na Harvard?
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Barcalee: 3:56pm On Jan 06
The man should look south westward jare
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Demigod22: 4:03pm On Jan 06
Your friend should go to the Idoma part, bride price there is 50 thousand naira maximum. Ochi' Idoma have done it for boys.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Goldbw122(m): 4:04pm On Jan 06
He should use the money to play 2 odds 😂 and see the outcome, rather than marry someone that will still frustrate you at the end..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / Not The Marriage I Had In Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.