Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M (29743 Views)

Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Jeon(f): 12:09pm On Jan 06
seunayantokun:

Even if it leads to financial crisis in your marriage? Tradition shouldn't be superior to personal life.
He only needs to discuss it with reasonable figures in the bride's family, and all will be fine.

Go tell the African ancestors that set this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by BodyCount: 12:11pm On Jan 06
THE MAIN PROBLEM HERE IS HER BODYCOUNT

IF SHE'S NOT A VIRGIN, YOU ARE A BASTARD IF YOU PAID ANYTHING FOR HER BRIDE PRICE.

Only virgins deserve bride price.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Makamatic: 12:11pm On Jan 06
Jking20:

Mind your words you fool!
You don't insult a tribe because they're acting according to their traditions and norms. I quess you must be from the part of the world where your girl child doesn't have any moral or intellectual education and someone can just come and take her for free.
If not you must have known that training your child to some extent deserves some worth of price to be paid.

See me I be Edo man , we are amongst the highly educated tribe .. our bride price is 25 naira even my sister with Msc na 25 naira but u she always Belong to her family even after death we go carry her body . Unfortunately she go Marry one of these useless tribe way before she send money she go collect permission from her husband on top 25 naira wey him pay and wedding wey both family do and it's this same nonsense tribe . Always drinking beer whether celebration or death .

5 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by drimzsmoke(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06
#Justice for Udam Samuel's friend
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:14pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
The most annoying thing about such families is that they can't afford it themselves. When any of their sons want to marry, they will push such expenses to the various husbands of their daughters shocked. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria, while some perpetuate it using politics, others do the same corruption under culture and tradition embarassed

You are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by maxiuc(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06
DARLINGTON869:
1•2 million naira marriage list. HOPE SHE IS A GRADUATE OF HAVARD UNIVERSITY AND CURRENTLY WORKING IN EXON MOBIL OR SHELL?
I swear even with that 600k you don pay bride price finish for my part of Owerri you go still get change remaining

2 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by vickydevoka(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06
eyesoflagos:
Man unable to marry his Benue girlfriend with N600,000 as her family insists on N1.2m marriage list

A Nigerian man couldn't marry his girlfriend in Tombu village, Buruku Local Government Area of Benue State because her family insisted on a marriage list with items totaling N1.2m.

The man's friend, Udam Samuel Aseer, disclosed this in a Facebook post on Friday, January 5, 2024. Makesense Pm reports,

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02s6pQWkHuivxzBvMLAK3e7WnP39dRY158Q2Xk8r36MFLKNddsCzzjY5WsUUouAke1l&id=100009864965716&mibextid=2JQ9oc
Give her belle n see
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Jking20(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06
Makamatic:

See me I be Edo man , we are amongst the highly educated tribe .. our bride price is 25 naira even my sister with Msc na 25 naira but u she always Belong to her family even after death we go carry her body . Unfortunately she go Marry one of these useless tribe way before she send money she go collect permission from her husband on top 25 naira wey him pay and wedding wey both family do and it's this same nonsense tribe . Always drinking beer whether celebration or death .

Well, I can see where your anger and frustration is coming from. Best known to you tho...
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Prigidypogodo(f): 12:17pm On Jan 06
Ireportlive:
Man na man's major problem... the bride's father and uncle's prepared the ridiculous 1.2 million bride price with having the brotherly feeling of their soon to be brother in law
God bless you
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:18pm On Jan 06
Jeon:
Na traditions .

Don't allow the whites traditions to overcome African traditions,so just do it .

What is the percentage of the population that has one million in the account as savings?

If you know you won't encourage this because less than 5 percent of the population has a million plus as savings in their account, meaning that percentage can do that without problems.

A country where 20 times the national minimum wage can't afford a traditional marriage rites, it's a big mess

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by FuckYeyeMods: 12:19pm On Jan 06
Theboy21:
If she is a virgin then the price is okay, otherwise e no better for second hand product undecided undecided undecided
If she's Benue and over 12yo, she is third hand

3 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by CaptainFM1: 12:19pm On Jan 06
Some friends would just embarrass you for social media instead of borrowing you money.

2 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by GreatOchuks: 12:25pm On Jan 06
samcolee:

You people don't collect bride price?
Of course we collect because it's symbolic and sacrosanct,, and it's just 160 naira , we will still give you change from it ..

However we don't construct long and inhuman lists to frustrate prospective sons in Law in the name of Marriage like the Igbos, Yorubas and some Middle Belt people are doing.

With your 500k , you can comfortably marry an Urhobo lady ,, if you want to spend millions on big extravaganza and Paparazzi, that's your own cup of tea.

If the marriage unfortunately hits the rocks and you want a refund of your bride price, it's that 160 naira or less that will be returned to you ...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Triplerg: 12:25pm On Jan 06
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

Keep kwayet please, you don't understand anything.

Most marriage bride prices are not up to 50k, it is the list that makes it high.

Most lists should not be more than a million naira but extortion and so on, makes the elders inflate it.
Moderate and average ones suppose dey around 250k and 500k respectively.

What the other guy is saying is asking for 1.2m for bride price is on the high side.

How much do you think the marriage-list and setting up of the traditional marriage occasion(excluding the church wedding) will now cost if just the bride price cost #1.2m.

Go back to school, abeg!
That boy should be in school and not on nairaland talking trash.

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Skoolextra: 12:25pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
The most annoying thing about such families is that they can't afford it themselves. When any of their sons want to marry, they will push such expenses to the various husbands of their daughters shocked. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria, while some perpetuate it using politics, others do the same corruption under culture and tradition embarassed
Religious corruption is the worst

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by GigLad: 12:27pm On Jan 06
SecureBranding1:
I
register your freelancer account here GigLad. Com I have jobs for you!
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by abobote: 12:30pm On Jan 06
Which reasonable man will marry without giving belle first

Give her belle first and they'll come begging
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by EbenezerTriumph: 12:33pm On Jan 06
Toktee:
I am from there and I can tell you for a fact that marrying there is pain in the ass, after paying the 1.2m every December you must send rice and other things for exams.
If grandma die you must attend with a fee imposed on you.
If your wife brother is getting married is ur duty to give him money for the marriage.
If any relative visit you, you must send something for mama, papa, and siblings.
If the papa died you mush come buried him based on the list given to you.
Mama died shame thing.
Sister/ brother's school fees is on your head.

Yet faithfulness is problem to them.
Only few are faithful.
Though unfaithfulness has nothing to do with tribe.
all these for a TIV woman?
This is too much

2 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by dododawa1: 12:34pm On Jan 06
Hunger

EVERYWHERE
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by FuckYeyeMods: 12:34pm On Jan 06
Toktee:
God bless you, I just finished typing same.
Brother, that tribe no do.
Dem dey sweet for dating because of their........
Even as girlfriend, they can do your laundry, get the house very tidy and the oza room.
But as par marriage, her family would think they've caught bush meat.

4 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Prince62: 12:36pm On Jan 06
Mr tradition
Jeon:
Na traditions .

Don't allow the whites traditions to overcome African traditions,so just do it .
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Blackdisciple(m): 12:37pm On Jan 06
Selling their daughter...
Why such heavy amount in which she will still cheat on him.
Soon the same inlaws will full his house staying with him with no breathing space for him and his wife I will advise he should go let anyone that has such amount marry her.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by DrAda(f): 12:38pm On Jan 06
Then pay since it is clearly their culture
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Sleekfingers: 12:38pm On Jan 06
1. Leave her and marry another person
2. Or impregnate her. Na dem go dey beg you make you marry their daughter

Don't marry from a foolish family. Even the rich, don't make life difficult. How many of their male children Can afford such an idiotic amount?
So after wedding make the husband no get shishi for account again? No wonder rich people dey avoid poor people like plague.. All they under is their greedy stomach.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by seunayantokun(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06
Jeon:

Go tell the African ancestors that set this.
Man, the ancestors might be angry with you if you're not forward-looking like them. Remember, it's not every old man or woman who has died you should call an ancestor. There's a standard for that kind of recognition in most African cultures. Therefore, know your ancestors and ancrstresses, and know what they would encourage.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by rezy15(m): 12:39pm On Jan 06
Groom is playing. Tivland that you can marry on credit?
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by liamjakes247: 12:40pm On Jan 06

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by xtervaganza(m): 12:41pm On Jan 06
As long as I don fxck der daughter well well they can have her grin grin
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by onyibest2020(f): 12:43pm On Jan 06
Give her belle so it will be cheaper 4 u

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by FuckYeyeMods: 12:43pm On Jan 06
Toktee:
Why should anyone waste so much money on an overused lady that already gotten valued for her vag!na?

I can't even pay 300k for an ex olosho.

Nonsense.
Olosho wey never retire.
If you do anyhow, she go fvck your neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by yesloaded: 12:45pm On Jan 06
Jeon:
Na traditions .

To hell with mumu tradition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / Parents Storm Daughter's Home With Coffin Not Knowing She Faked Her Death / "Meet My 145-Year-Old Grandpa" - Ikenna Ofodile, Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.