Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M (29771 Views)

Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by franksam209: 4:04pm On Jan 06
Imagine after spending all this money, then you return from work and she tells you to go wash plates because men and women are equal grin grin grin
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Teymanhenry(f): 4:05pm On Jan 06
If it'll cost N1,2m and he's got N600k they can as well go on with it as he can pay up in a few years time. That's the tradition that's been going on for years. Our parents did the complete tradition after they born us after all. I wonder why Nigerians are hell bent making life a living hell after all
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by ufotunang: 4:09pm On Jan 06
Ok no problem... when she gets old you will give her out for free .... ok continue
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by akanbiaa(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:
It's too small for marriage, you can't get anything reasonable with that amount.
So what is way out?
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by riczy(m): 4:24pm On Jan 06
kunle75:

Na goat or chicken him wan buy ?
Ask him if he is married first, e get why
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by kunle75(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06
riczy:
Ask him if he is married first, e get why

Na true sha
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Tommydare(m): 4:43pm On Jan 06
How much your papa spend?
EreluRoz:
It's too small for marriage, you can't get anything reasonable with that amount.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by solexybaba(m): 4:46pm On Jan 06
No b by force na,na 2 leave dem 2 marry their pikin, no time 4 rubbish dis days
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Tommydare(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06
My guy just got married two weeks ago. Paid 300k for the traditional wedding. The girl is from Akwa ibom.
Nicepoker:
Like 600k can't buy a virgin I guess. grin
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by LIA1900: 5:12pm On Jan 06
Laugh wan tear my belle grin grin but you are right sha
Necrophagia:
Give the girl belle , na the family go day beg you to marry their daughter
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Menclothing: 5:27pm On Jan 06
This is sad
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by caye(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06
Can we kindly confirm if the woman is a virgin?

Because, with that amount, this is Koko.
I can't waste money on a borehole.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Deepspirituals: 5:49pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:
Very Huge ..There are Men that Spent 5 Million And even More to Marry ..After Few Months The Marriage Crashed ..It's Becomes an Unreasonable Marriage .

Such a Waste .

Infact there are Marriage done with just 200k ..It becomes So Reasonable ,Peace ,Love and Trust they Both Enjoy together .

Cost of Marriage is Useless ...It doesn't put Value in Marriages ...Good Manners and God's Fears does..
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by jojothaiv(m): 6:13pm On Jan 06
And for the senior man wey dey yarn say that money small, abeg you fit reason me a quarter of that amount make I take reason life for the remaining days of this year.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by UnknownT: 6:38pm On Jan 06
Thank God for my wife place, na 409k be the total list wey I shoulder cheesy
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Kinzo0917(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:
You can't get anything reasonable with such amount, I know what I'm talking.
I pray 🙏 such happen to you times 10
Be supporting Rubish
If after 5 years no one meets d conditions, what will then happen to d their daughter?
Unreasonable parent
As if they are selling their daughter
R
U
B
B
I
S
H
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by anochuko01(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:

It's the guy who doesn't have sense sha.

Once I hear any unreasonable thing from anybody, I'll simply call everything off.

Let them have their daughter.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Seasasa(m): 8:18pm On Jan 06
Nigha didn't only dodge a bullet but also survived a nuclear explosion...

He should come down to my beloved urhobo land, that 600k go reach am remain to marry the prettiest banny in a whole community
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by nnamdi640: 8:33pm On Jan 06
They want to sell the girl and the price tag is #1.2 million, they should put the girl picture on jumia let see whether someone will change his mind. Instead of them to think of the girl happiness rather the are thinking about the money they will reap from her. If am paying such money to marry a girl like that then there must be good quality from her.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by rockmite: 8:44pm On Jan 06
I CAN ONLY PAY THAT AMOUNT FOR A VIRGIN
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Lee99: 8:53pm On Jan 06
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nigha didn't only dodge a bullet but also survived a nuclear explosion...

He should come down to my beloved urhobo land, that 600k go reach am remain to marry the prettiest banny in a whole community lipsrsealed
I am currently dating one of your sister's and I have to say Urhobo girls are just the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by EEIA: 9:07pm On Jan 06
oz4real83:
The most annoying thing about such families is that they can't afford it themselves. When any of their sons want to marry, they will push such expenses to the various husbands of their daughters shocked. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria, while some perpetuate it using politics, others do the same corruption under culture and tradition embarassed
The way you said this, you really are experienced in it. grin

Elaborate your experience please grin
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by EEIA: 9:09pm On Jan 06
Jeon:
Na traditions .

Don't allow the whites traditions to overcome African traditions,so just do it .
Wetin be Hausa marriage tradition again sef? 🤔
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by EEIA: 9:09pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:
Give the girl belle , na the family go day beg you to marry their daughter
Sharp cool
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by EEIA: 9:10pm On Jan 06
DARLINGTON869:
1•2 million naira marriage list. HOPE SHE IS A GRADUATE OF HAVARD UNIVERSITY AND CURRENTLY WORKING IN EXON MOBIL OR SHELL?
grin
Na so! grin
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Testimony1988(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06
Hmmmmm, she should look for the man who will have the money to marry her.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Snitch24(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06
EreluRoz:
Na by force?
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by samcolee(m): 11:00pm On Jan 06
GreatOchuks:

Of course we collect because it's symbolic and sacrosanct,, and it's just 160 naira , we will still give you change from it ..

However we don't construct long and inhuman lists to frustrate prospective sons in Law in the name of Marriage like the Igbos, Yorubas and some Middle Belt people are doing.

With your 500k , you can comfortably marry an Urhobo lady ,, if you want to spend millions on big extravaganza and Paparazzi, that's your own cup of tea.

If the marriage unfortunately hits the rocks and you want a refund of your bride price, it's that 160 naira or less that will be returned to you ...

That's great ATM I don't know where to start from because things are getting really expensive. I just believe God will make my dreams come to pass this year or next
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Biola67: 12:38am On Jan 07
Tiv > Thief
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gerrard59(m): 2:18am On Jan 07
Toktee:
I am from there and I can tell you for a fact that marrying there is pain in the ass, after paying the 1.2m every December you must send rice and other things for exams.
If grandma die you must attend with a fee imposed on you.
If your wife brother is getting married is ur duty to give him money for the marriage.
If any relative visit you, you must send something for mama, papa, and siblings.
If the papa died you mush come buried him based on the list given to you.
Mama died shame thing.
Sister/ brother's school fees is on your head.

Yet faithfulness is problem to them.
Only few are faithful.
Though unfaithfulness has nothing to do with tribe.

Not like I would have anything concerning marriage to do with a woman from Benue, but with this, I will caution people I know or meet who want to marry women from Benue.

Honestly, with the excruciating poverty in Nigeria, I see more people sink even deeper into poverty. There are certain cultural beliefs and practices we do that further entrench poverty in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gerrard59(m): 2:21am On Jan 07
FuckYeyeMods:

The man is actually dodging a bullet.
If any of the inlaw die, the children husbands are the one to Bury him or her. If she's the only girl or the only married girl as at the time any of the inlaw late, he would carry the whole responsibility.
Coffin,Grave, Goat, Their trado black and white cloth, drinks and little cash.
They're mosly very selfish inlaws but the biological father and mother always tend to be very understanding. But the sisters, uncles and aunties are often very stupid greedy people.

Can't they kick against it since they are responsible for the daughter in question? Why should the in-laws have more say in marriage rites than the parents since the parents are alive?

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gerrard59(m): 2:25am On Jan 07
Jking20:

Mind your words you fool!
You don't insult a tribe because they're acting according to their traditions and norms. I quess you must be from the part of the world where your girl child doesn't have any moral or intellectual education and someone can just come and take her for free.
If not you must have known that training your child to some extent deserves some worth of price to be paid.

So you sell your daughters? No be slave trade be that?

Sorry, but if an ethnic group practices certain traditions YET constitutes one of the poorest in an already poor country, has one of the worst HDI figures and allows Fulani terrorists to butcher their people without retaliation, that ethnic group is USELESS!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mum Plans To Stop Her Kids From Getting Addicted To Games & Tablet Using This / Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / Aisha And Fatima, Wives Of Lawan Dahiru Mangal, All Smiles At A Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.