Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair (18432 Views)

Okene LGA Chairman, Zubair Amoka, Cut People's Dreadlocks In Kogi / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account / Senators Sneak Into Private Hospitals For Coronavirus Tests - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Fujiyama: 10:02am On Jan 07
undecided

There are only two questions here:

Is it legal to move public money to an individual's personal banking account?

Was this 585 million eventually paid into Bridget Oniyelu's account?

Nigerians want demand answers to these two questions.

The Tinubu administration has already failed every test on ethics it has taken so far. This Betta Edu matter is just one more of those tests. The federal government has until next week to address this matter.

We are watching.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Nicepoker(m): 10:02am On Jan 07
princeade86:
Do we have constitution in this country? Because our law is confusing and they always twist it in favor of highest bidder.
He is correct. But the private account must have a project name. Then the signatory to the account has to be the minister. Anything other than that is a criminal act.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by guideman: 10:09am On Jan 07
This clown called Zubair should be sacked for poorly packaging his principal. There's no extant civil service rule/financial regulations that permits that. I believe the agency has an account that the OAGF remits approved funds. Such agency account receives remittances and not private accounts. Anything on the contrary is criminal. It's only disbursements to beneficiaries that are made to their private accounts. It appears the looting spree is unabating.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by NinjaMetahuman: 10:09am On Jan 07
Judolisco:
u said FFK... Shey FFK na human being... U sef
well the werey said all ministers under Obasanjo were perfect.

Then you wonder what he was smoking when he made that statement.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by SIONKPO1(m): 10:29am On Jan 07
Betta Edu messed up,its obvious she wanted to cash out quick.
No wonder people that goes visits her said its USD she gives out.
Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs should be scrapped or its budget reduced Drastically cause it seems the allocation to the MDA is way much with little or no impacts on Nigerians.
She could have just settled BATCH C NPOWER beneficiaries their 9months stipends buy she paid only one month.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by zed7: 10:39am On Jan 07
favor914:
Most definitely you must have been in primary school, or Junior secondary school during Obasanjo’s tenure 1999-2007?
Funny people, I don't even know your age but I could bet I'm older than you. See this dolt, I was already a grad in 99.

When people have no substance, they start throwing weak shade. Oga list a better line up or shut the f up.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Decarbonisation: 10:50am On Jan 07
We do not need any law to understand that paying government funds into a private bank account is fraudulent

We need common sense, and Zuabir onikuuuuure for refusing common sense

Fraudulent basta....rds
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Advancedman(m): 10:51am On Jan 07
[Rasheed Zubair, Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr Betta Edu, says the disbursed N585,189,500.00 into a personal account is legal and in line with extant civil service rules.

Edu in a viral document personally signed by her and directed to the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, instructed the disbursement of the funds to one Oniyelu Bridget Mojisola.

The document also showed that the payment of the N585.198 million grant, meant for vulnerable groups in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ogun and Lagos states, was made into Oniyelu’s account.

This has elicited mixed reactions from Nigerians on social media, with many calling for the minister’s sacking.

But reacting to the leaked document, Zubair in a statement on Friday, said the payment for the vulnerable group followed due process.

According to Zubair, the payment of the grant to the account of Bridget was because the fellow currently serves as the Project Accountant of Grants for Vulnerable Groups.

He said, “It is glaring that the same sponsored disgruntled elements in the past few days have been trying to smear the Honourable Minister, Dr Betta Edu, and stain her integrity because she alerted the Federal Government attention to the ongoing N44.8 Billion Fraud in NSIPA.

“These elements have been trying to link her to a phantom fraud and are behind this latest misadventure. However, this latest vile effort of theirs is another infantile blackmail doomed for evisceration.

“For the avoidance, the said N585m was approved, and it is meant to implement grants to vulnerable groups in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ogun, and Lagos states.

"We must note that GVG was first launched in Kogi State, where recipients testified. Akwa Ibom and Cross River were launched in December 2023. Kogi already happened in November, and others will be launched in the coming weeks.

“The general public is invited to note that the Renewed Hope Grant for Vulnerable Groups is one of the social intervention schemes of the Federal Government, which the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation is implementing.

"Oniyelu Bridget is the Project Accountant for GVG from the Department of Finance, and it is legal in civil service for a staff, the project accountant, to be paid and use the same funds legally and retire the same with all receipts and evidence after the project or programme is completed.”
@Bold is the only thing said officially, the rest are proof of why he should be stacked for quantum inefficient and Gross Misconduct.
Even in the least official setting you don't respond with political stupidity.
Polithiefians should know when to shelve partisan politics and be a worker.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by estine17: 11:23am On Jan 07
This people think they are talking to fools. Except Nigeria deals with those who loot public funds, the situation will persist and people will continue to suffer. Shame , real shame on them
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by mxsasewew: 11:36am On Jan 07
Verified PayPal And Payoneer Account For 7K Only.

LEGIT PAYPAL FUNDS FOR 1000Naira PER $... Escrow can come in or one on one deal

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT AND MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT.

Check my Profile or my signature for my WhatsApp number

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by sweetgala(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07
Bellotelli:

Really!
Oya quote the section that legalize such action.
All these should simply be settled by the court.

I'm pretty certain the civil service rules and CBN TSA rules Jonathan drafted which Buhari implemented in his first term forbid opening of accounts outside the CBN for government transactions.

All MDAs and ministries must use CBN accounts for all transactions and complete frequent audits.
It is evident that the civil servants are in collusion with Betta Edu as they did with the previous minister.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by sweetgala(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07
Decarbonisation:
We do not need any law to understand that paying government funds into a private bank account is fraudulent

We need common sense, and Zuabir onikuuuuure for refusing common sense

Fraudulent basta....rds

The TSA even forbids it
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by merits(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07
Kuginzi:

https://dailytrust.com/palliative-transfer-of-n585m-into-private-account-is-legal-beta-edus-aide/

Irony1 from kleptomania genetics family.The way I will transfer Irony1 and family into hell.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by sweetgala(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07
Nicepoker:
He is correct. But the private account must have a project name. Then the signatory to the account has to be the minister. Anything other than that is a criminal act.

TSA rules say otherwise. Any account for government use must be opened with the CBN, the signatories can include the said Bridgette who would oversee any disbursement
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Katcall: 12:06pm On Jan 07
Prettygirl200:
bMy brother help me ask am oooo, the lunatic is just causing nuisance with my name in this forum. M just allowing him to wallow in his follishness in peace.
what's up
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Cantonese: 12:52pm On Jan 07
When your leaders say “who are you”?
“What can you do”?
“You are nobody”.

That’s what you get.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by mastermaestro(m): 12:53pm On Jan 07
zed7:
Common sense says it isn't legal. Apart from the civil service regulations, rational thinking dictates that such amount of money should be dispensed from a government account for transparency and accountability.

We are not surprised by the kind of people appointed as Ministers, most of whom are mistresses, party hangers on and miscreants.

I still respect Obj till tomorrow. Dude was not sentimental, went for only the best of the best, unfortunately we took that Obj regime for granted. Every other president has been worse off than his predecessor.

On the Obj part, you goofed oga. Maybe Maurice Iwu was also the best. Obj laid the foundation of today's executive impunity, venality and rot. If he had let our electoral system operate without massive presidential interferences, Nigeria would not be this bad today. Every evil being perpetuated by politicians and their appendages reflects the irreparably ruined state of the electoral system. Short and simple.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Yusman316(m): 1:32pm On Jan 07
That is Zubair (a Muslim) defending his boss Edu (a Christian) because of where his interest lies. Nigeria doesn't have a religious/ethnic problem but rather, a interest problem. Your brother/sister/imam/pastor/friend can disappoint you for their interest
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by zed7: 1:35pm On Jan 07
mastermaestro:

On the Obj part, you goofed oga. Maybe Maurice Iwu was also the best. Obj laid the foundation of today's executive impunity, venality and rot. If he had let our electoral system operate without massive presidential interferences, Nigeria would not be this bad today. Every evil being perpetuated by politicians and their appendages reflects the irreparably ruined state of the electoral system. Short and simple.
Is Maurice Iwu worse than Jega or Yakubu?
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Asswipemod: 2:19pm On Jan 07
seunmsg:

What else do you want me to say that I’ve not said on this matter?

That Buhari is a thief who used Meffy as proxy. Say that he is infact the smartest thief and murderer that ever ruled Nigeria. Say that Kadoso.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Prettygirl200(f): 2:46pm On Jan 07
Katcall:
what's up
I dey
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by KORLAR(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07
zed7:
Common sense says it isn't legal. Apart from the civil service regulations, rational thinking dictates that such amount of money should be dispensed from a government account for transparency and accountability.

We are not surprised by the kind of people appointed as Ministers, most of whom are mistresses, party hangers on and miscreants.

I still respect Obj till tomorrow. Dude was not sentimental, went for only the best of the best, unfortunately we took that Obj regime for granted. Every other president has been worse off than his predecessor.

I understand when you say the money should be disbursed from a government account.

However, I have a reservation about you saying “common sense says it isn’t legal” because perception of common sense is relative.

The civil service is governed by rules and procedures; what I’d have loved you to point out is which law was broken to counter the aide’s posturing of legality.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by zed7: 2:57pm On Jan 07
KORLAR:

I understand when you say the money should be disbursed from a government account.

However, I have a reservation about you saying “common sense says it isn’t legal” because perception of common sense is relative.

The civil service is governed by rules and procedures; what I’d have loved you to point out is which law was broken to counter the aide’s posturing of legality.

Public sector financial regulations of 2009 prohibit the payment of public funds to the account of a private individual.

Section 713 of the law states, “Personal money shall in no circumstances be paid into a government bank account, nor shall any public money be paid into a private bank account. An officer who pays public money into a private account is deemed to have done so with fraudulent intention.”

Even without the law, a logical person should know that transparency and accountability dictates it's paid from a government account.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Jan 07
davies:
This present administration will pose as of they're fighting corruption but in the real sense they are actually marauding and dining in corruption.
This is about Nigeria and the successive administrations we've been having since 1999. But people like you would rather make it about APC or Tinubu thing. Not every issue of governance should be reduced to politics.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Exceed15: 3:27pm On Jan 07
Carry on Tinubu people.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Themandator: 3:39pm On Jan 07
chiiraq802:
Nice one.
Corruption fighting back

It is not corruption fighting back. I have done business with an agency of government and was paid from a private account of the head of that department.

The reason is that funds don't come every day and sometimes a circular comes directing the return of that money or any left so what they do is quickly move the money out of government coffers As soon as it is paid into their account they can keep their operation going

Government money doesn't come every day hence the huge difference between what they pay for supplies and what is obtainable from the same supply to private firms

Imagine supplying a government agency and the agreement is one month and the thing turns into a waiting game of nearly six months when the money is finally in their account an emergency comes up and that same money is redirected, that is not just another six months because you in charge of that department will explain tire before anybody listen to you that you have not paid for supplies and that agencies not one that you can sit down and allow to shut down ...the probe no go be here

Only outsiders will be cramping blue murder about this issue
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by pquaver(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07
Ironbull:

You are right but pls you see those obidients I never in my life want to have anything to do with them politically or even business-wise I'm just not and will never be in same page with them.

That word "obidient" it is deceptive name given to the most satanically dangerous, wicked and destructive Lucifer arc-angel those who understand spitism will understand me clearly so pls I avoid them like a plague.

But pls Betty Edu should be careful in term of funds not to destroy her reputation.

Pls I'm not apc nor do I voted for Tinubu but been a president from he Siuth and he clearly won the election I'm supporting him because my wish is a better Nigeria regardless which party ths president is from.

Thanks...

God bless you a patriot.. All we want is aworking Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by pquaver(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07
zed7:

Public sector financial regulations of 2009 prohibit the payment of public funds to the account of a private individual.

Section 713 of the law states, “Personal money shall in no circumstances be paid into a government bank account, nor shall any public money be paid into a private bank account. An officer who pays public money into a private account is deemed to have done so with fraudulent intention.”

Even without the law, a logical person should know that transparency and accountability dictates it's paid from a government account.

Peter obis excuse on it is he didn't know and you people made it a non issue during election.. Betty sef didn't know shikena
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by zed7: 4:27pm On Jan 07
pquaver:

Peter obis excuse on it is he didn't know and you people made it a non issue during election.. Betty sef didn't know shikena
Who is Obi? Most of you are so childish that every constructive criticism means one is an opposition. Obi means nothing to me. Nigerias redeemer hasn't yet surfaced.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Katcall: 4:29pm On Jan 07
Prettygirl200:
I dey
I read about your relationship. I would love to be with you. I'm not gonna hurt you
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Ironbull: 4:49pm On Jan 07
pquaver:

God bless you a patriot.. All we want is aworking Nigeria

Thanks.
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Thomasankara(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07
[/color]na crushing o,give am chance or ask him point blank what he wants,men courting women come in different format[color=#770077]
Prettygirl200:
bMy brother help me ask am oooo, the lunatic is just causing nuisance with my name in this forum. M just allowing him to wallow in his follishness in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge / 2 Suspects Who Accused Dino Melaye Of Arm Sponsorship Escape - TheTowncrier.ng / Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.