Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair (18387 Views)

Betta Edu: Why I Approved Payment Of ₦‎585 Million Into A Private Account / Okene LGA Chairman, Zubair Amoka, Cut People's Dreadlocks In Kogi / MMIA Airport Scandal: UK Returnees Refuse To Pay FG's Money Into Private Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Kuginzi: 10:11pm On Jan 06

Rasheed Zubair, Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr Betta Edu, says the disbursed N585,189,500.00 into a personal account is legal and in line with extant civil service rules.

Edu in a viral document personally signed by her and directed to the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, instructed the disbursement of the funds to one Oniyelu Bridget Mojisola.

The document also showed that the payment of the N585.198 million grant, meant for vulnerable groups in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ogun and Lagos states, was made into Oniyelu’s account.

This has elicited mixed reactions from Nigerians on social media, with many calling for the minister’s sacking.

But reacting to the leaked document, Zubair in a statement on Friday, said the payment for the vulnerable group followed due process.

According to Zubair, the payment of the grant to the account of Bridget was because the fellow currently serves as the Project Accountant of Grants for Vulnerable Groups.

He said, “It is glaring that the same sponsored disgruntled elements in the past few days have been trying to smear the Honourable Minister, Dr Betta Edu, and stain her integrity because she alerted the Federal Government attention to the ongoing N44.8 Billion Fraud in NSIPA.

“These elements have been trying to link her to a phantom fraud and are behind this latest misadventure. However, this latest vile effort of theirs is another infantile blackmail doomed for evisceration.

“For the avoidance, the said N585m was approved, and it is meant to implement grants to vulnerable groups in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ogun, and Lagos states.

"We must note that GVG was first launched in Kogi State, where recipients testified. Akwa Ibom and Cross River were launched in December 2023. Kogi already happened in November, and others will be launched in the coming weeks.

“The general public is invited to note that the Renewed Hope Grant for Vulnerable Groups is one of the social intervention schemes of the Federal Government, which the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation is implementing.

"Oniyelu Bridget is the Project Accountant for GVG from the Department of Finance, and it is legal in civil service for a staff, the project accountant, to be paid and use the same funds legally and retire the same with all receipts and evidence after the project or programme is completed.”

https://dailytrust.com/palliative-transfer-of-n585m-into-private-account-is-legal-beta-edus-aide/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by chiiraq802(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06
Nice one. Corruption fighting back

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by YoungLionken(m): 6:16am On Jan 07
From one financial case to another, they never get tired of stealing from the top to the bottom undecided..

Abegee, you want to sell your motorcycle/bike/okada, please quote me as I'm interested in buying...

30 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by davies(m): 6:16am On Jan 07
This present administration will pose as of they're fighting corruption but in the real sense they are actually marauding and dining in corruption.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by God1000(m): 6:17am On Jan 07
Shameless people

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by chibike69: 6:17am On Jan 07
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Bellotelli: 6:18am On Jan 07
chiiraq802:
Nice one.
Corruption fighting back
Really!
Oya quote the section that legalize such action.
All these should simply be settled by the court.

13 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by money121(m): 6:18am On Jan 07
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Loverboi2cute(m): 6:18am On Jan 07
.....haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by zed7: 6:18am On Jan 07
Common sense says it isn't legal. Apart from the civil service regulations, rational thinking dictates that such amount of money should be dispensed from a government account for transparency and accountability.

We are not surprised by the kind of people appointed as Ministers, most of whom are mistresses, party hangers on and miscreants.

I still respect Obj till tomorrow. Dude was not sentimental, went for only the best of the best, unfortunately we took that Obj regime for granted. Every other president has been worse off than his predecessor.

125 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by sonofElElyon: 6:18am On Jan 07
Kuginzi:

https://dailytrust.com/palliative-transfer-of-n585m-into-private-account-is-legal-beta-edus-aide/
Wow. So she paid the money against the advice of the accountant general..
I am old nairalander. I buy P.I coins and can physically meet if seller is in Lagos. Bulk preferred. I pay N300 max per coin

3 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by oluwaseyi0: 6:18am On Jan 07
Corruption with confidence

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Machinegun91(m): 6:19am On Jan 07
Criminals

12 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by jumokeadele(m): 6:20am On Jan 07
who will save us from these people

7 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Abmus: 6:22am On Jan 07
This woman and that guy defending her should be investigated and shown the exit door thereafter

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Bellotelli: 6:22am On Jan 07
zed7:
Common sense says it isn't legal
Even the law backed the common sense. Let the minister quote the law that permits her.

17 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Enemyofpeace: 6:22am On Jan 07
Confirmed criminal. See as she resemble Prettygirl200

13 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Tflex01: 6:23am On Jan 07
Lol
Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Prigidypogodo(f): 6:24am On Jan 07
lol I no blame am
na Nigerians who voted criminal Apc again I dey blame

11 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Arabaincubus: 6:25am On Jan 07
I am sure he is not aware of what the Accountant General said.
All these go to show the extent of the evil that goes on in Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Dikastan: 6:26am On Jan 07
What do you expect from a side chick? From hotel room to Aso Rock

22 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by AntiWailer: 6:27am On Jan 07
500 Million + into a personal account ?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by adecz: 6:32am On Jan 07
Government should start transferring
allocations for states & LGCs, into the private
accounts of governors and Local Government
chairmen respectively❗️❗️❗️😐😐😐

Nonsense❗️❗️❗️

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by dikings(m): 6:32am On Jan 07
Who do this clowns in govt think. They are fooling? Which law permits such? And why did the accountant general go ahead to disburse the money? Lol.
Chop i chop leaders

15 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by ufotunang: 6:33am On Jan 07
Nawaoooo...fear women 🙄

4 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by Oromoni619: 6:35am On Jan 07
This country na another life

Can't stop laughing,thank God for his blessings upon our life,

Make money and japa what's on the mind of our youth,God help us

Check my signature if you can Stake high on 1.5*dds and you're not selfish, mk you mk money

It's like politics money, just be patient no Stake Always, discipline your self and I will help you do that ,but my services not free

Chat up

7 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by gabbytabby: 6:39am On Jan 07
Them be barkin zuwo all those years ago whey no trust bank so him keep state money for house for safe keeping.

All this clowns everywhere.

Kuginzi:

3 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by crossfm: 6:40am On Jan 07
Hehehe.

Aid from hellfire,this one just wan use his over zealousness sack him boss grin cheesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transfer Of Money Into Private Account Is Legal – Betta Edu’s Aide, Zubair by princeade86(m): 6:40am On Jan 07
Do we have constitution in this country? Because our law is confusing and they always twist it in favor of highest bidder.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: People Getting Desperate – Presidency Raises Alarm / 2023: I Consulted Widely Before Declaring For Presidency - Amaechi / Vigilante Operatives Hit By Explosive During Patrol In Borno State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.