Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland - Crime (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland (57943 Views)

Fulanis Have Declared War Against Indigenous Nigerians - Rt. Gen. TY Danjuma / Aiye Cult Declares National War Against Eiye Cult In Lagos And Ogun State!!! / War Against Satanic Manipulation! Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Cutehector(m): 5:53am On Jan 08
Biglittlelois:

You really think some of us aren't multilingual?

awwwn... See this cry baby...abeg shift.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Pinicop(m): 6:30am On Jan 08
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I hereby declare a total war against name checkers on Nairaland.

PS: I've just made a communication breakthrough with the moderators on this issue. I expect results.

Nairaland moderators are biased.

I'm sure they would be selective in banning of the potential defaulters.

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Beverlyjean(f): 7:19am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

I bet she dashed out one of her sons.
It isn't easy keeping up with lies.

Mumu ...do u know if I was pregnant ... common sense...u don't have
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Tonytonex(m): 7:38am On Jan 08
Biglittlelois:
Well I don't see anything wrong with stating the tribe of a person who did wrong, the only issue is insulting and demeaning a whole tribe because of an individual's offence, so pls be specific.

Also, we are yet to see your stance on Anti female, insultive, degrading comments and threads, because if you notice, most male tend to term women generally for the offence of one, and as a result of that, most of us rarely comment like before, pls look into it.
so that's the reason I don't see much of the females comment. Please be commenting.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Neoteny7: 8:13am On Jan 08
Biglittlelois:

This is a new year, try and get sense.

You 1st.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by cactusJack(m): 9:13am On Jan 08
Nice
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Martinez39s(m): 9:51am On Jan 08
Seun:

Tribalism in Nigeria didn't start on the Internet. It didn't start on Nairaland or on Twitter.
I am quoting you here regarding the post you made below. The thread was locked before I could post this.
===
Seun:
So the first order of business is to hire new moderators, particularly women, who can enforce the existing rules against harassment, derailment, etc.
If you really understood women, you would know that hiring female moderators mainly authorised to handle to problem "misogyny" will lead an overkill and unwanted unfairness.

First of all, women call a lot of things misogynistic for silly and dubious reasons, even the utterance of harmless unflattering facts about women. "Misogyny" is also used as silencing tool during a discourse involving talking points that women don't like, particularly red pill discourse that awaken men in a way women don't want for selfish and manipulative reasons. Discourse devoid of misogyny that causes discomfort can be portray as misogynistic by women. I could go on an on, but I won't because I know you understand what I addressing.

My point is that, the new female moderators, given this task, will go on to erase any thread that goes against the female imperative/status quo and disseminates uncomfortable discussions and points about women. Many accounts will be unfairly banned just for propagating talking points that females frown upon, even though they are logically not misogynistic. The objective of handling misogyny will be used as a pretext for this unfairness.

It is better that nairaland be a safe ground for all sorts of discourse as freedom of speech permits. The advantage is that we get to actually know how many think, even the actual extreme ones. We all get to know if many sympathise with them or not. Those that are dissatisfied with the talking points of a group, and their influence, must either take it upon themselves to verbally address/deconstruct these points (without breaking the rules) or shut up and not run to daddy Seun. grin Different opinions can't coexist without people being offended, and no one has the right to not be offended. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Blissbath(f): 10:25am On Jan 08
Issokay cheesy grin
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Ahnii(f): 10:54am On Jan 08
Seun osewa I have bn a member of this forum running into 18years.

I once drew your attention to food thread and you promised doing something about it.

Unfortunately Nothing has bn done in that section and it's getting WORST.

A section where some sets of misfits and degenerates openly defames some sets of people and the moderator of that section looks the other way.

I remembered Beverlyjean calling you out several times before you acted and did the right thing.

Mr seun osewa,That food thread is a total mess and we have a moderator with a mndd of his own that roams freely like spiritual husband cuffing the accts of people that robustly returned the biles.

Kindly do something about it.

3 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Raxxye(m): 10:57am On Jan 08
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I hereby declare a total war against name checkers on Nairaland.

Anyone who draws attention to the tribe of a criminal on a thread about a crime will be banned. This applies regardless of whether they do it overtly or covertly. Every offender will collect a ban because this is regarded as a tribal insult.

The minimum ban period is 14 days. If you have offended multiple times, it's 30 days. If you keep offending, you may be permanently banned.

- Seun Osewa.

PS: I've just made a communication breakthrough with the moderators on this issue. I expect results.
All talk; no aaction!
It is not the first time you're issuing warnings and threats, yet the Forum keeps condoning these tribalists.
There are rules in the forum against tribal slurs, yet nothing ever gets done to the violators!
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Ahnii(f): 11:06am On Jan 08
Raxxye:

All talk; no aaction!
It is not the first time you're issuing warnings and threats, yet the Forum keeps condoning these tribalists.
There are rules in the forum against tribal slurs, yet nothing ever gets done to the violators!
Seconded,I'll take seun serious when I see changes on the food thread.
Aside that....All mouth and no Action.

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Tallesty1(m): 11:06am On Jan 08
Ahnii:
Seun osewa I have bn a member of this forum running into 18years.

I once drew your attention to food thread and you promised doing something about it.

Unfortunately Nothing has bn done in that section and it's getting WORST.

A section where some sets of misfits and degenerates openly defames some sets of people and the moderator of that section looks the other way.

I remembered Beverlyjean calling you out several times before you acted and did the right thing.

Mr seun osewa,That food thread is a total mess and we have a moderator with a mndd of his own that roams freely like spiritual husband cuffing the accts of people that robustly returned the biles.

Kindly do something about it.

Dude knows what he is doing. I feel he is creating threads to give the impression that he is being productive when, in fact, he is not doing anything. Only time will tell.

This post of his is not necessary, and the one on misogyny is not needed either. It's 2024, and there are many forums out there. If he wants his own to succeed, he should learn from them.

Isn't he the one who created a thread on helping men versus helping women? What exactly did he intend to achieve with that post? He needs views, and that's all.

It has been over a year since we started asking for a block button so we can filter what we see here, but he turned a deaf ear.

I know he may argue that this is a forum, unlike Twitter, where content is displayed on your timeline instead of going to sections to open posts, so one can choose what they open. But hey, you get attacked on here just for airing your opinion.

You can decide not to go through comments, but you need a block button to stop others from replying to you.

Place the damn button below the 'Follow this member' button, and most of these issues will die naturally.

Christians have been asking for their own separate place like Muslims, and he didn't do anything. Instead, he tried to justify why Muslims have their own space.

I have said it before that he is slow, and I meant it. I still do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Ahnii(f): 11:12am On Jan 08
Kindly point me to other forums abeg,even non Nigerian forums ... Honestly nairaland don tire me.

No single improvement,No innovation,bias mods except (nlfpmod)

They're not even opened to ideas and the way forward.

Tallesty1:

Dude knows what he is doing. I feel he is creating threads to give the impression that he is being productive when, in fact, he is not doing anything. Only time will tell.

This post of his is not necessary, and the one on misogyny is not needed either. It's 2024, and there are many forums out there. If he wants his own to succeed, he should learn from them.

Isn't he the one who created a thread on helping men versus helping women? What exactly did he intend to achieve with that post? He needs views, and that's all.

It has been over a year since we started asking for a block button so we can filter what we see here, but he turned a deaf ear.

I know he may argue that this is a forum, unlike Twitter, where content is displayed on your timeline instead of going to sections to open posts, so one can choose what they open. But hey, you get attacked on here just for airing your opinion.

You can decide not to go through comments, but you need a block button to stop others from replying to you.

Place the damn button below the 'Follow this member' button, and most of these issues will die naturally.

Christians have been asking for their own separate place like Muslims, and he didn't do anything. Instead, he tried to justify why Muslims have their own space.

I have said it before that he is slow, and I meant it. I still do.

2 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by LordTheus(m): 11:23am On Jan 08
Martinez39s:
I am quoting you here regarding the post you made below. The thread was locked before I could post this.
===
If you really understood women, you would know that hiring female moderators mainly authorised to handle to problem "misogyny" will lead an overkill and unwanted unfairness.

First of all, women call a lot of things misogynistic for silly and dubious reasons, even the utterance of harmless unflattering facts about women. "Misogyny" is also used as silencing tool during a discourse involving talking points that women don't like, particularly red pill discourse that awaken men in a way women don't want for selfish and manipulative reasons. Discourse devoid of misogyny that causes discomfort can be portray as misogynistic by women. I could go on an on, but I won't because I know you understand what I addressing.

My point is that, the new female moderators, given this task, will go on to erase any thread that goes against the female imperative/status quo and disseminates uncomfortable discussions and points about women. Many accounts will be unfairly banned just for propagating talking points that females frown upon, even though they are logically not misogynistic. The objective of handling misogyny will be used as a pretext for this unfairness.

It is better that nairaland be a safe ground for all sorts of discourse as freedom of speech permits. The advantage is that we get to actually know how many think, even the actual extreme ones. We all get to know if many sympathise with them or not. Those that are dissatisfied with the talking points of a group, and their influence, must either take it upon themselves to verbally address/deconstruct these points (without breaking the rules) or shut up and not run to daddy Seun. grin Different opinions can't coexist without people being offended, and no one has the right to not be offended. Thanks.

I think we just need a detached, objective moderator who is capable of deciphering the difference between useful and intellectual comments from blatantly thoughtless misogynistic comments. Whilst I'm all for freedom of speech, I believe part of the reason why Nairaland is considered a cesspool of madness among non-registered users is because of extremist users who are averse to any sort of logical or rational thought.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Yankiss(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08
Shattuck:
you must be a kid to think ethnic hate is fun, you need to be serious with your life this year.
You must know that many people who stir up tribal sentiments do so for fun. I don't hate anybody because of their tribe.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by lordnkem000(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08
Biglittlelois:
Well I don't see anything wrong with stating the tribe of a person who did wrong, the only issue is insulting and demeaning a whole tribe because of an individual's offence, so pls be specific.

Also, we are yet to see your stance on Anti female, insultive, degrading comments and threads, because if you notice, most male tend to term women generally for the offence of one, and as a result of that, most of us rarely comment like before, pls look into it.
I'm so sorry for that okay, I feel you on that. Please don't let anyone stop you from commenting on issues you can contribute and try to ignore the excesses of these trolls. But again, the attitude of most of your gender against men contributed immensely to the attack on women here. But again, I don't always like putting the crimes of one person on another
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Nickymezor(f): 3:20pm On Jan 08
Not bad
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Khastro(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08
Yankiss:
Too much grammar for all the assumed toxicity of nairaland. Methinks all these are part of the fun.
It's not necessarily fun because we're not the same age group or the same professions.
U know say e get joke wey you no fit tell ur elder brother or uncle or kid sister.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Yankiss(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08
Khastro:

It's not necessarily fun because we're not the same age group or the same professions.
U know say e get joke wey you no fit tell ur elder brother or uncle or kid sister.
Yes, I understand. But the web is impersonal. We relate like that - blindly. I am a traditional ruler. But I have been lampooned severally without taking offence. Those communicating u do not know u, and u do not know them. That's fun in itself too.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Khastro(m): 8:52pm On Jan 08
Yankiss:
Yes, I understand. But the web is impersonal. We relate like that - blindly. I am a traditional ruler. But I have been lampooned severally without taking offence. Those communicating u do not know u, and u do not know them. That's fun in itself too.
Maybe you're a Liberal. But making fun of a person's father, or sacred symbol, or a deaths in cold blood is not the rule. Fun is fine by me, but limits can disappear when there is no guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by anonymuz(m): 4:20am On Jan 09
Ahnii:

Seconded,I'll take seun serious when I see changes on the food thread.
Aside that....All mouth and no Action.
people thought politics,romance and crime are only the bedrock of tribal bigotry, go and check food section.
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Joyceaile(f): 7:29am On Jan 09
morikee:
Good, now this his how to run a forum.
exactly
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Joyceaile(f): 7:29am On Jan 09
morikee:
Good, now this his how to run a forum.
exactly,
Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by knotty(m): 8:14am On Jan 09
Pinicop:

Nairaland moderators are biased.

I'm sure they would be selective in banning of the potential defaulters.
It will happen, if not already happening

1 Like

Re: Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland by Brenbentondiaz: 6:36am On Jan 10
See me warming up to be banned, after many bans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerians Doing Silly Things For Money / SARS Officer Who Killed Ram Seller, Paraded - Made To Sit On The Ground. Photos / Man Dies During Cult Initiation In Obanliku, Cross River (Graphics Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.