Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague (34941 Views)

SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman / FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ECASH120: 4:03am On Jan 08
Few days ago, two yet-to-be-identified soldiers slammed the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, for ordering the arrest of their colleague alongside three other motorcyclists for driving against traffic on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

The soldiers, who appeared to be defending their colleague in two separate viral videos monitored by our correspondent on Thursday, faulted Sanwo-Olu for calling the soldier “useless” in the presence of those he termed “bastard civilians.”.

PUNCH Metro reports that Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, ordered the arrest of a soldier and three other motorcyclists for driving against traffic on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

In a viral video, Sanwo-Olu was seen ordering his men to put one of the motorcyclists who claimed to be a soldier into the vehicle, stating that he was going to lock him up.

Reacting to the arrest, the first soldier who believed that his colleague had done nothing to have deserved an arrest, said the state governor had no right to arrest a soldier, especially in front of his barracks.

He claimed that soldiers were not under the control of any state governor but their senior officers.

He said, “Did I just hear your governor calling a soldier, a Lance Corporal, useless? A Lance Corporal…This man broke his arm, they fired at the man. There is iron in his hands.

“You are calling a soldier useless in front of those idiots, those bastard civilians. DSS was pushing a soldier. In any situation where you find yourself as a soldier, the Army only gives you five seconds to compose yourself, so after that, you must know how to reply to any attack or anything that comes your way.

“Because he is a governor, I know he (the arrested soldier) was shocked that the governor was arresting him. I know I am not perfect and I am not saying I am but in any situation I find myself, especially beside your barracks, nobody can arrest you. I repeat, nobody can arrest you because you have to stand your ground and nobody will slap you there.

“No DSS or police can slap you because you refuse to go. Why will you arrest me when there are IP and military police?

“Okay, will it be because I took one way beside my barracks? What if I just took the bike out to buy something? Do I have to take the long route because I want to buy something? Who does that? In which Army?”

He added that the governor’s action was because Lagos was peaceful, saying that could never have happened in the North-East where he said he was based.

He said, “So, now, your governor has the guts to arrest and even call a soldier useless. To be sincere, Lagos has been experiencing too much peace. Let’s tell the truth, Lagos has been experiencing too much peace. Let us assume this happened in the North-East where I am, is it here the governor’s convoy that is taking one way will arrest a soldier for taking one way?

“You are there pursuing civilians, what if they get involved in an accident along the line?.. If the soldier said he is not going anywhere, nobody has the power to slap him. If the governor tries it, he knows he is already a bygone. The governor dare not slap a soldier

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/one-way-soldiers-rant-fault-arrest-of-errant-colleague/%3famp

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by plaindealer: 4:13am On Jan 08
A common TikTok content-generating clown wearing a fake uniform is all of a sudden a top-ranking military officer?

Ignorant and gullible Nigerians are indeed a disservice to Nigeria.

197 Likes 23 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by opamoses1: 4:20am On Jan 08
plaindealer:
A common TikTok content-generating clown wearing a fake uniform is all of a sudden a top-ranking military officer?

Ignorant and gullible Nigerians are indeed a disservice to Nigeria.
That's Nigeria for you. 😂😂😂

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by opamoses1: 4:21am On Jan 08
pharmagba:
Governor did the right thing
Only children of hate amplifying lawlessness and happy to post soldiers insulting the governor
I don't know what their problem is. Maybe they expect the governor and his security team to give the soldier an high five after he was caught breaking the law and declaring that he was a soldier.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by TajuDEENaMao: 4:22am On Jan 08
The Governor of Lagos State, SanwoOlu goofed by calling the soldier "useless".

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by incandescentena: 4:25am On Jan 08
grin

Useless leaders

17 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by CodeTemplar: 4:26am On Jan 08
Sanwo-olu and military friendship is much deeper. Like SARS, end brutality.

2 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by opamoses1: 4:28am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:
The Governor of Lagos State, SanwoOlu goofed by calling the soldier "useless".
He called him a "useless boy" because he acted like one. If he had caused an accident, opinions would be different.

"I am a soldier" said the alleged soldier. I used alleged because he might not even be one. If he is indeed a soldier, then he is meant to maintain an high level of discipline instead of him caught breaking the law.

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by TajuDEENaMao: 4:37am On Jan 08
opamoses1:

He called him a "useless boy" because he acted like one. If he had caused an accident, opinions would be different.

"I am a soldier" said the alleged soldier. I used alleged because he might not even be one. If he is indeed a soldier, then he is meant to maintain an high level of discipline instead of him caught breaking the law.

Gov Sanwo-Olu ordered a soldier to be arrested and locked up for riding bike on “one-way” lane Meanwhile, the same Sanwo-Olu was caught driving on “one-way” lane with his long convoy.

This is the life of the average politician in Nigeria. They make rules then use them to oppress the POOR or common Nigerian.

This, in any way, doesn’t exonerate the soldier. He should be made to face the penalty of his unlawful act

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by opamoses1: 4:49am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:

Gov Sanwo-Olu ordered a soldier to be arrested and locked up for riding bike on “one-way” lane Meanwhile, the same Sanwo-Olu was caught driving on “one-way” lane with his long convoy.

This is the life of the average politician in Nigeria. They make rules then use them to oppress the POOR or common Nigerian.

This, in any way, doesn’t exonerate the soldier. He should be made to face the penalty of his unlawful act
I have heard people that don't even live in Lagos posting that Sanwo Olu drove one way. Where is your proof of that statement?

I agree with you on the 2nd paragraph.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by madridguy(m): 4:51am On Jan 08
Seun should close this thread and every other threads relating to the clown, sitting in the US looking for cheap likes and follows on Tiktok.

Don't give him unnecessary attention.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by opamoses1: 4:54am On Jan 08
madridguy:
Seun should close this thread and every other threads relating to the clown, sitting in the US looking for cheap likes and follows on Tiktok.

Don't give him unnecessary attention.
If you mean the alleged soldier in the video? That's someone wearing a camouflage and a beret that looks more like an African peace keeping mission beret used by the Nigerian contingent (Police and Army) sent to Somalia some 10 years ago.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by TajuDEENaMao: 4:59am On Jan 08
opamoses1:

I have heard people that don't even live in Lagos posting that Sanwo Olu drove one way. Where is your proof of that statement?

I agree with you on the 2nd paragraph.
Go and watch the video, come back and edit your first paragraph.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by adamusuleiman2: 5:10am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:

Go and watch the video, come back and edit your first paragraph.
I watched the video. Sanwo-Olu was on the right of way. The Okada rider was driving against traffic on the other side of the highway and was caught on the service road where one of the governors security truck blocked them. 3 bikes were also seized in the process.

Several Okadas were against traffic. Others ran away, but the soldier was caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmgPtYoWCA?si=dpx6vfUk1AZkH9qE

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Dynamicboss: 6:01am On Jan 08
No one is above the law. I hate when people have entitlement mentality and possess terrible ego traits. His stupid colleague broke the law and should be locked up for a while with hard labour.

I doubt if the Baboon is a true soldier sef. Tiktok content general sad

coputa:
Sanwo Olu is the chief security officer of Lagos state,he can drive against traffic but with caution.

If he is breaking the law, he should also be punished also. Law makers should not be law breakers, everybody including the governor must abide by the rule. Nobody is above the law

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by madridguy(m): 6:04am On Jan 08
Wearing uniform doesn't make you an officer as we have seen countless of fake uniform personnels. The man is a clown looking for cheap popularity.

opamoses1:

If you mean the alleged soldier in the video? That's someone wearing a camouflage and a beret that looks more like an African peace keeping mission beret used by the Nigerian contingent (Police and Army) sent to Somalia some 10 years ago.

16 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:14am On Jan 08
opamoses1:

I have a mobile police officer friend that was part of those sent to Somalia. I remember that blue beat and beret from his pictures on Facebook. But this man may even be retired and no longer in the army.

8 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by blackmantis: 6:16am On Jan 08
Soldiers have one mind.
All for one...one for all
An insult to one is an insult to all.

The Governor had better tread carefully before shit happens.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Righthussle: 6:18am On Jan 08
This Officer should shut his dirty useless soldier mouth there. How can he open his dirty ogogoro drinking mouth to call a governor "dirty bloody civilian" ? Wetin dey give you mind? Because you have WAEC and carry AK47 ?

What makes these fools think it's ok for soldiers to abuse civilians but it's not ok for civilians to abuse soldiers ?

We will respect and appreciate them only when they are taught to behave like real soldiers with respect for civilians.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Iamanoited: 6:30am On Jan 08
SERIOUSLY FOR SPRUNG SUCH ABUSES ON THE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE STATE, THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE AND LAGBAJA AND RIBADU SHOULD QUICKLY IDENTIFY THE SOLDIERS, RETIRE THEM AND PROSECUTE THEM FOR ATTEMPTED COUP.

18 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ElSudani: 6:34am On Jan 08
The OP is lying. What are the names and the ranks of the so called top ranking military officers?

8 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Iamanoited: 6:39am On Jan 08
WE ARE IN TINUBU'S PRESIDENTIAL DEMOCRACY NOT IN ABACHA'S MILITARY REGIME AND DEFINITELY NOT IN BUHARI'S IDIOTIC PARA MILITARY "CIVILIANISM".

4 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Iamanoited: 6:46am On Jan 08
WE ARE IN TINUBU'S PRESIDENTIAL DEMOCRACY NOT IN ABACHA'S MILITARY REGIME.
ABACHA LOCKED UP OBASANJO IN A MILITARY REGIME. BUHARI WOULD NOT TRY WHAT ABACHA GOT AWAY WITH BECAUSE OF CIVILIAN DEMOCRACY.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ECASH120: 6:51am On Jan 08
Iamanoited:

What happened in apaches military regime
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Iamanoited: 6:52am On Jan 08
ABACHA LOCKED UP OBASANJO IN A MILITARY REGIME. BUHARI WOULD NOT TRY WHAT ABACHA GOT AWAY WITH BECAUSE OF CIVILIAN DEMOCRACY.

LET THE FOLLOWING GROUPS BEWARE:-
BMFBOKOISWA,
THE MILITARY ADVENTURISTS AND
THE LABOUR PARTY OPPOSITION.

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ECASH120: 6:55am On Jan 08
ElSudani:
The OP is lying. What are the names and the ranks of the so called top ranking military officers?

Op posted what is making rounds the internet.

The military personnel in that video claimed that the arrested soldier is under his command and that he trained

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ElSudani: 6:59am On Jan 08
ECASH120:

Op posted what is making rounds the internet.

The military personnel in that video claimed that the arrested soldier is under his command and that he trained

Yet, we still don't know his name, his rank or his unit?
Anyone can claim anything online. "Yet to be identified" still, our third rate journalists are calling them Nigerian military officers.

13 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ECASH120: 7:04am On Jan 08
ElSudani:

Yet, we still don't know his name, his rank or his unit?
Anyone can claim anything online. "Yet to be identified" still, our third rate journalists are calling them Nigerian military officers.

Let the Nigerian Army come out to identify them or deny them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ElSudani: 7:07am On Jan 08
ECASH120:

Let the Nigerian Army come out to identify them or deny them.

That is actually not the job of the Nigerian Army to do that. It is the responsibility of the journalists who are publishing these stories to verify what they publish before they mislead the public.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians March In Support Of Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram / Borno Deputy-Governor, Zannah Mustapha Dies In Yola / Hadiza And Safina Buhari At Zahra's Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.