Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague (34945 Views)

SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman / FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by babajero(m): 11:18am On Jan 08
madridguy:
Seun should close this thread and every other threads relating to the clown, sitting in the US looking for cheap likes and follows on Tiktok.

Don't give him unnecessary attention.
Anyway you like look at it, sanwo olu is the one wrong here, a civilian don't have the right to arrest a soldier, not talking of arresting him within his barrack. What happened to handing him over to the MP?.

No matter the crime of a soldier commit, when he or she is caught the next thing to do is to hand him over to the MP for any action to be taken.

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Ishilove: 11:20am On Jan 08
joseph1832:
would you expect anything less, from someone who looks like he bleached his skin? Lol
He bleached his empty brain join

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 11:20am On Jan 08
The soldier was wrong and the governor was wrong also for his choice of words and beside, that was just beside their barracks
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by FireUpNow(m): 11:23am On Jan 08
The same military the governor sent to the Lekki tollgate during the #Endsars protest where innocent civilians were killed. I dey enjoy this drama.

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by babajero(m): 11:23am On Jan 08
adamusuleiman2:

I watched the video. Sanwo-Olu was on the right of way. The Okada rider was driving against traffic on the other side of the highway and was caught on the service road where one of the governors security truck blocked them. 3 bikes were also seized in the process.

Several Okadas were against traffic. Others ran away, but the soldier was caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmgPtYoWCA?si=dpx6vfUk1AZkH9qE
And did you happen to see that the fence closed by is of military colour? Why didn't he hand him over to the MP or his superiors? What sanwo olu just showed is that he has no regards for the military.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by boxypane(m): 11:25am On Jan 08
Let us get this right, the Governor DID NOT SAY "you are a stupid Soldier" he said you are a "Stupid boy". There's a big difference here
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by SmartPolician: 11:27am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:
The Governor of Lagos State, SanwoOlu goofed by calling the soldier "useless".

He's useless for breaking the law.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by yewit37486: 11:31am On Jan 08
BabaO2:
The officer is silly and irresponsible.
He should be courtmartial and debrobed immediately. Being a military personnel doesnt make you above others. It is a profession mostly everyone wanted to do at one time or the other, but majority bribed their ways into the military. Pilots, sailors etc are more dangerous profession than the military, why dont they always forcefully demand respect and be treated differently to other citizens. Being a miliatry is a priviledge, you dont own the guns you think you can use to intimidate people.
Military personnel need to be educated, they are like hired drivers, driving danfo, rollroyce, SUVs, you can be fired and the SUVs, rollroyce, danfo etc can be taken off from you.

Well said.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ivolt: 11:31am On Jan 08
Ibrahimcoomasie:

I have a mobile police officer friend that was part of those sent to Somalia. I remember that blue beat and beret from his pictures on Facebook. But this man may even be retired and no longer in the army.
The man is not a soldier and never was.
He is an hungry blogger impersonating military personnel.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by babajero(m): 11:34am On Jan 08
Dynamicboss:
No one is above the law. I hate when people have entitlement mentality and possess terrible ego traits. His stupid colleague broke the law and should be locked up for a while with hard labour.

I doubt if the Baboon is a true soldier sef. Tiktok content general sad

If he is breaking the law, he should also be punished also. Law makers should not be law breakers, everybody including the governor must abide by the rule. Nobody is above the law
I don't know where you and sanwo olu got your own law from, a soldier can't be locked up by a civilian or in a civilian cell while still a soldier, the only right thing to do is for him to be handed over to the MP to be court-martialled, even if he will be handed over to the police it is after he has been delisted as a soldier.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by coputa(m): 11:34am On Jan 08
Eriokanmi:
Do that as a governor in ordinary Benin Republic and end up being punished. They'd read the law out to him. Such can only happen in Nigeria and their supporters will be defending their madness, as you just did
Some of you behave like stark illiterates.There is what we call 'force majoure It applies in every civilized society,where the security officer of a country, state or local government can break the law of that state to protect life and properly.

Do you know why Sanwo Olu took that route,it may be for the general good of lagosians,he owe no one an explanation.

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Lanretoye(m): 11:39am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:
and a soldier is right by calling civilians bastards?,ogun go kill you there...who send you go join soldier?,so all of us that are not soldiers in the country are bastards abi?,what an effontry.ordinary boko haram una no fit handle,shameless soldiers.see isreal dealing with hamas wotowoto with their spohistication.na those ones be soldier.where in the world does soldiers have so much hate and disrespect for civilians and you want to be victorious.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by coputa(m): 11:44am On Jan 08
babajero:
I don't know where you and sanwo olu got your own law from, a soldier can't be locked up by a civilian or in a civilian cell while still a soldier, the only right thing to do is for him to be handed over to the MP to be court-martialled, even if he will be handed over to the police it is after he has been delisted as a soldier.
Sanwo Olu is the chief security officer in Lagos state.Anything the threatens the peace and security of lagosians must be nipped in the bud,any security force that reside within the territory of Lagos state is under the governor.

The governor has the right to detain him or outrightly send him out of the state, if his activities is inimical to the peace and security of the state, that is one of his constitutional duties

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by dreamxhaser: 11:48am On Jan 08
Lanretoye:
and a soldier is right by calling civilians bastards?,ogun go kill you there...who send you go join soldier?,so all of us that are not soldiers in the country are bastards abi?,what an effontry.ordinary boko haram una no fit handle,shameless soldiers.see isreal dealing with hamas wotowoto with their spohistication.na those ones be soldier.where in the world does soldiers have so much hate and disrespect for civilians and you want to be victorious.

Allow them to be deceiving themselves. Calling civilian Basterds. We as the civilians are supposed to love and feel safe around the military and police. But it's is not like that ooo, they love to intimidate.

I hate intimidation in my life eh

In naija, just make money. Build connections and any solider even if na captain wey try shit. U go make he/she regert it.

See eh, I have done my homework in this country. And I don ready for all of una na just to work hard.

I shall not be bulied or intimidated by one military. GFB

Mtchewwwwwwwwwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Houseontherock1: 11:51am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:

Gov Sanwo-Olu ordered a soldier to be arrested and locked up for riding bike on “one-way” lane Meanwhile, the same Sanwo-Olu was caught driving on “one-way” lane with his long convoy.

This is the life of the average politician in Nigeria. They make rules then use them to oppress the POOR or common Nigerian.

This, in any way, doesn’t exonerate the soldier. He should be made to face the penalty of his unlawful act
Military officers in Nigeria are far from "the poor" implied in your post. As a matter of fact, they may not be financially buoyant but they are too brutal and arrogant to be referred to as the poor or common Nigerian

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Reptyle(m): 11:55am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:

Gov Sanwo-Olu ordered a soldier to be arrested and locked up for riding bike on “one-way” lane Meanwhile, the same Sanwo-Olu was caught driving on “one-way” lane with his long convoy.

This is the life of the average politician in Nigeria. They make rules then use them to oppress the POOR or common Nigerian.

This, in any way, doesn’t exonerate the soldier. He should be made to face the penalty of his unlawful act

Where did you see the governor's convoy driving "one way"?

I have personally encountered the governor's convoy 3 times and I have never seen them driving against traffic.

Besides, even if that were the case, one can consider the governor's movement an emergency or high security movement just like an ambulance, a fire truck or a police truck. That is why they have sirens to signify it is a security or emergency situation.

What exactly was a soldier in mufti's emergency that caused him to ride against traffic, especially when it wasn't as if there was traffic on the right lane?

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by TUTU147: 11:59am On Jan 08
The nigeria military are becoming too lawless,fg should do something about it.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by xperiencelove(m): 11:59am On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:
I want to tell you anybody that drive against traffic is a bastard and non-entity unless there is an emergency and a siren will be on to notify other road users. They should be thrown in jail. They should be treated like an armed rubber. It is in-humane.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by xperiencelove(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08
TajuDEENaMao:

You don't live in Lagos. Fashola, SanwoOlu has been driven against the traffic as a governor.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by madridguy(m): 12:08pm On Jan 08
Are you saying this with a constitutional back up or just this out of your mind?

babajero:
Anyway you like look at it, sanwo olu is the one wrong here, a civilian don't have the right to arrest a soldier, not talking of arresting him within his barrack. What happened to handing him over to the MP?.

No matter the crime of a soldier commit, when he or she is caught the next thing to do is to hand him over to the MP for any action to be taken.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by xperiencelove(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08
opamoses1:

He called him a "useless boy" because he acted like one. If he had caused an accident, opinions would be different.

"I am a soldier" said the alleged soldier. I used alleged because he might not even be one. If he is indeed a soldier, then he is meant to maintain an high level of discipline instead of him caught breaking the law.

I was hit by a stupid man driving against the traffic on Wednesday July 19, 2023 at Oniru as I was stepping out of Chicken Republic.
I was in coma for three days. I woke up and found myself in Lagos Island general hospital after three days.
Anybody that drive against the traffic should be thrown into jail!

1 Like

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Goddyrichie(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08
ECASH120:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/one-way-soldiers-rant-fault-arrest-of-errant-colleague/%3famp
say b una sef dey oppress innocent civilian calling them bloody civilian because u guys hv guns in your hand now they oppress u guys now we no fit even hear word again
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Fixynation: 12:14pm On Jan 08
The only issue we are facing in Nigerian is that some people think they are above the law what mr governor do is not that bad all this people call soldier av lost their dignity when their cabal are involved in politic like what that guy said in his video I mean the soldier "ordinary civilian" as Nigeria is concern no one is above the law be u what u be u can just come from no where and say u above the rule of law like what is dictated as predominance and supremacy of law over everybody in a given state...So far a territory is concern a governor is more powerful than a corporal soldier
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Welrez(m): 12:21pm On Jan 08
I don't know why it seems normal for soldiers to call civilians "bloody civilians". It is really uncouth and uncivil!

2 Likes

Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by TajuDEENaMao: 12:22pm On Jan 08
Lanretoye:
You're very uncouth, I won't dignify you with a response.

However, I will advise you to ask your mom who your real father is. Words from grapevine is you're a product of Group Intimacy.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by ZekeYeager: 12:22pm On Jan 08
I don't see anywhere he was described as a top ranking military officer.

plaindealer:
A common TikTok content-generating clown wearing a fake uniform is all of a sudden a top-ranking military officer?

Ignorant and gullible Nigerians are indeed a disservice to Nigeria.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Miracle4325: 12:24pm On Jan 08
opamoses1:

Same law the governor breaks every now and then
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Eriokanmi: 12:27pm On Jan 08
coputa:
Some of you behave like stark illiterates.There is what we call 'force majoure It applies in every civilized society,where the security officer of a country, state or local government can break the law of that state to protect life and properly.

Do you know why Sanwo Olu took that route,it may be for the general good of lagosians,he owe no one an explanation.
Here he comes again
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by babajero(m): 12:30pm On Jan 08
madridguy:
Are you saying this with a constitutional back up or just this out of your mind?

That is the law.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Dottormentor: 12:32pm On Jan 08
See this mumu soldier, no states can be compare with Lagos state in the entire northern state. When we tell them to explore they won't listen nunu sipper ode oshi
ECASH120:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/one-way-soldiers-rant-fault-arrest-of-errant-colleague/%3famp
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by julioralph(m): 12:32pm On Jan 08
Why all these?

Fashola (as Governor) cautioned a much senior Military man for the same offence.
Re: One Way: Soldiers Rant, Fault Arrest Of Errant Colleague by Dottormentor: 12:36pm On Jan 08
Sulwigbira you are the one uncouth here, he told you the truth and you are here splitting trash. I will give you wotowoto if u don't retract your statements Omo Ale elewejewe obo.
TajuDEENaMao:

You're very uncouth, I won't dignify you with a response.

However, I will advise you to ask your mom who your real father is. Words from grapevine is you're a product of Group Intimacy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Ministers With Biggest ‘headaches’ / Why Soldiers Attacked Adamawa Police Command Headquarters – Army / Finally GEJ Gets Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.