Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo (19332 Views)

CCB Invites Tunji-Ojo Over Alleged N438m Contract Scam / Another Minister, Tunji-ojo Fingered In Another N438m Fraud. / Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by Chicagograduate(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09
Odogwuzack:

Did you read where he said he had resigned his directorship in 2019 (with proper documentations) and do not pursue jobs for the company neither is he a signatory to any document?

I'm very sure you saw that part but una agenda must agend. cool
he has a kickbacks in the funds.
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by dfrost: 5:55pm On Jan 09
NinjaMetahuman:
let's say you have shares in Julius Berger, it makes you a shareholder but not owner of Julius Berger.

If Julius Berger legally collects contract from government but it turns out the money for the contract came from dasuki gate.
Should they sack you from your current place of work for the decision carried out by Julius Berger and it's CEO?

Where do I work?
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by princeade86(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09
Odogwuzack:

By this your logic, then Obi should die in prison.
obi is still ur problem for this current situation
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by eldoradoxx: 5:34am On Jan 10
hakeemhakeem:

If you are a shareholder(minister )in uac food and Nigeria bottles company and the company won a contract to be giving Nigeria pupils gala and coke as lunch during school break,are you going to go against it or resign your ministership
UAC is a publicly quoted company incapable of being owned by one person in the real sense of ownership. You dont compare a publicly quoted company with a family owned company where CAC document shows that Olubummi himself remains a person with significant control. In a country as corrupt as Nigeria, dont tell me that Betta Edu seeing that Olubummi Ojo her colleague in Federal Executive Council company will bypass it and offer the contract to one Abdullahi Usman, Emeka Okeke or Segun Ayo without any connection to her. It is all qui pro quo, you give me this, i give you that. The code in advanced world where people reason properly is that once your in government, you and your family members dont any business with government and you must disclose every income you make outside your pay as a Minister. Imagine Olubummi Ojo disclosing that his company got over 400million from Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and that as a Shareholder, he made lets say 30million. How does it feel? Corruption is not only stealing public funds, influence peddling to gain or acquire some material advantage is corruption.
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by firearcher: 6:49am On Jan 10
MT:

He breaks the ETHICAL law.

Ethic is different from law. There is really nothing like ethical law
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by Bankowner: 8:12am On Jan 10
"Unethical" definition.

morally wrong
: not conforming to a high moral standard : morally wrong : not ethical. illegal and unethical business practices. immoral and unethical behavior.

SmartyPants:

Which law was broken?

He is not a director and it was not his ministry awarding the contract. It may be unethical but not illegal.

1 Like

Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by SmartyPants(m): 8:27am On Jan 10
Bankowner:
"Unethical" definition.

morally wrong
: not conforming to a high moral standard : morally wrong : not ethical. illegal and unethical business practices. immoral and unethical behavior.

I'd sincerely hope you understand that every illegal act is unethical but not every unethical act is illegal? Not sure what point you feel you've made there.
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by MT: 1:10pm On Jan 10
firearcher:

Ethic is different from law. There is really nothing like ethical law

Ethic in this regard is the "Code of conduct law"
Re: N438m Scandal: I Am A Shareholder Not Director Of The Company - Tunji-Ojo by StarRida: 1:45pm On Jan 10
I strongly want this guy to stay as it stands now it looks like he's only minister working in this administration but we have a constitution in Country

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How `League Of Former Governors’ Plan To Hijack 9th Senate - Daily Nigerian / #EndSARSMemorial: Survivors Of Lekki Shootings Recount Ordeal (Video) / 2023: Vote Only Tinubu - South-West Muslims (MUSWEN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.