Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Did You Get This Message From MTN? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did You Get This Message From MTN? (44069 Views)

Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? / How To Borrow Real Money From MTN Via MTN Xtracash / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by zanjorrg(m): 8:03am On Jan 10
Nemesis0147:
how to I retrieve my NIN number?
I have been using the USSD code and they have been collecting my 20 Naira for days now

Do your remember the number you used when doing this NIN? If yes, message me on WhatsApp O8O3724OO34 but you will pay small change to get the Pdf.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by BALLOSKI: 8:06am On Jan 10
Weezyclan:
I received same sms this evening o. It's because of Nin linkage, the sim I'm using is very old and not registered by me, so how do they expect me to link Nin.
ways dey. If u know, you know.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Bahamas95(m): 8:32am On Jan 10
Toktee:
Same here, I linked it in their office yet they sent me the message.

What nonsense.
It's obvious they wanna take advantage of Nigerians again to make more money.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by maxzzo1(m): 8:48am On Jan 10
I also received it, thot is fake cos I have linked mine since naw.....can someone verify if is real
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by netmillionaires(m): 9:42am On Jan 10
Mine is that Airtel keeps adding a #115 loan balance to my account. Every time I load the line to cancel out the loan, they'd add it again after a month.

Mind you! My phone is password locked and I always have it with me. I am thinking of suing them.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by PlsStayAlive: 9:45am On Jan 10
Ladoja19:
I wish you get answers to this
I'm a victim too
Go to MTN office and explain the situation, they have a solution to it. I don't want to say more incase of misunderstanding. Go and explain, they'll fix it in less than 1hr.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by PlsStayAlive: 9:49am On Jan 10
Akpacha:
Go get a court affidavit and do a new registration on that sim. Should anything happen to that line u wouldn't be able to do welcome back.
You don't need court af. Just go with your NIN and tell your truth, they'll fix it there and then.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Abaniwealth(f): 10:44am On Jan 10
Osaremwantaelvi:
Yes I did and I just linked mine by dailing *996#

But MTN day crase them day threaten me lol
Please help and send the code for Glo users.
Thanks
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Brytawon(m): 11:29am On Jan 10
Weezyclan:
I received same sms this evening o. It's because of Nin linkage, the sim I'm using is very old and not registered by me, so how do they expect me to link Nin.

Go for SIM Update/Re-registration at any MTN Store now that you can still receive messages before it is blocked.
It is free.
You won't be able to do Welcome Back/SIM Swap once it is blocked.

1 Like

Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by lagosrd: 11:31am On Jan 10
I feel like taking legal action against MTN. With all the stress we were made to go through, they didn't link our NIN it's such a pity . Why is Airtel not sending this useless message , why is glo not sending it . If they block any user , we all need to go to court to challenge their legitimacy . They are a rogue company. They are only good at making money of gheit subscribers. Too greedy and over ambitious and not ready to make any sacrifices wrt to other CSR.

You can't call their customers service when you're in dare need and get them. Their data keeps getting sucked away and they can't explain the disappearance of people's data and airtimes .
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Brytawon(m): 11:31am On Jan 10
maxzzo1:
I also received it, thot is fake cos I have linked mine since naw.....can someone verify if is real

It is.
Dial *996#
Select Option 4 to confirm if your SIM is truly linked.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Brytawon(m): 11:34am On Jan 10
lagosrd:
I feel like taking legal action against MTN. With all the stress we were made to go through, they didn't link our NIN it's such a pity . Why is Airtel not sending this useless message , why is glo not sending it . If they block any user , we all need to go to court to challenge their legitimacy . They are a rogue company. They are only good at making money of gheit subscribers. Too greedy and over ambitious and not ready to make any sacrifices wrt to other CSR.

You can't call their customers service when you're in dare need and get them. Their data keeps getting sucked away and they can't explain the disappearance of people's data and airtimes .

Possibly, an information on the SIM Registration is not tallying with your NIN Details.
Little things as having beards/afro on the SIM Registration with not having on your NIN photo is enough to decline.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by lagosrd: 11:44am On Jan 10
Brytawon:

Possibly, an information on the SIM Registration is not tallying with your NIN Details.
Little things as having beards/afro on the SIM Registration with not having on your NIN photo is enough to decline.

Why is that not the case with Airtel and globalcom lines. They can't tell me something is not tallying. Are they to tell the NIMC what should be on my bio or the other way round. They are just bunch of lazy people who don't like taking responsibility for their ineffectiveness.

They keep sending messages of treat of sim card blockage to people's lines. You try to link it , it won't be successful, you still use their Internet connection to no avail. Yet they can charge you anyhow on data and airtime you bought.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Burgcudi(m): 11:47am On Jan 10
Klchnjoku:

Why do people have to walk into an MTN outlet to do all these that they can easily do online? If not that this country is a doomed country.

Same MTN in Ghana, if you want to do all these you can easily do it online in the comfort of your home.

Nigeria is a useless country that will never ever make it in this life or the next.

Okay continue
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Mpcoll001: 12:08pm On Jan 10
Tajbol4splend:

I like the blue cap in the middle, I would love to buy if you are not far from Ilesa Osun State
location is lagos ... If you are buying more, it can be waybill for free
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10
Mpcoll001:
location is lagos ... If you are buying more, it can be waybill for free

How much is one
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Mpcoll001: 2:38pm On Jan 10
Tajbol4splend:

How much is one
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Kinzo0917(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10
Osaremwantaelvi:
Yes I did and I just linked mine by dailing *996#

But MTN day crase them day threaten me lol

I have linked mine since
Dont Know Why dey send me this message

Please how did u do yours?
I dialed d code.
Please tell me the steps you used
Thanks
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by bluefilm: 4:27pm On Jan 10
Klchnjoku:

Why do people have to walk into an MTN outlet to do all these that they can easily do online? If not that this country is a doomed country.

Same MTN in Ghana, if you want to do all these you can easily do it online in the comfort of your home.

Nigeria is a useless country that will never ever make it in this life or the next.

The thing is that so many of our people are not really informed, most especially when it comes to doing things online.

The queue I met at MTN office today because of this issue of linking NIN really shocked me.

I know that many people don't even know that they can easily link their NIN to their lines with the NIMC app, in the comfort of their homes.

Which is exactly what I did.

I have successfully linked my NIN to my MTN and Glo lines with the NIMC app with no stress at all.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by sammyobi584: 4:36pm On Jan 10
Download mymtn app login to check if your number is linked.

If your number id is not linked, then download NIMC app, enter your nin and login.
Then go to generate virtual Nin (VNin), you will be required to select the organization that you want to share the vnin with, select mtn Nigeria, the vnin will be generated, then copy it and go back to your mymtn app, click on link nin, then select Vnin and input the vnin you generated from Nimc app.

I tried using only Nin but it was showing me error but immediately i use vnin method,the response was successful that i should wait for feedback.

You can try *996# option too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:15pm On Jan 10
Nemesis0147:
Is MTN messing around Abi Wetin?
Did you link your NIN with your phone-number.??
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Nemesis0147(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10
BluntCrazeMan:
Did you link your NIN with your phone-number.??
this is what they have been sending to me since morning.
I don’t strength to go and stand at any cue

Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by sammyobi584: 8:38pm On Jan 10
Nemesis0147:

Follow the procedure up.. That what i did
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by sammyobi584: 8:40pm On Jan 10
sammyobi584:
Download mymtn app login to check if your number is linked.

If your number id is not linked, then download NIMC app, enter your nin and login.
Then go to generate virtual Nin (VNin), you will be required to select the organization that you want to share the vnin with, select mtn Nigeria, the vnin will be generated, then copy it and go back to your mymtn app, click on link nin, then select Vnin and input the vnin you generated from Nimc app.

I tried using only Nin but it was showing me error but immediately i use vnin method,the response was successful that i should wait for feedback.

You can try *996# option too

Finally my nin have been linked.. Follow this my procedure. It works well
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by leisuretym: 8:57pm On Jan 10
alobright17:

You didn't make any sense here ,if you said good thing about GTB in the same country how then do you blame.the country for a failure of another company that failed to do something nice?

You are too dumb to understand, don't worry you don't need it, just leave it like that
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Fab21: 10:02pm On Jan 10
jamesversion:

I know how to handle the Nigerian system perfectly.

Correct man
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:27pm On Jan 10
Nemesis0147:

Answer the question before complaining.

Have you done the linking??
You don't need to stand on any queue to link your NIN.

Or abi you don't even have any NIN at-all.??
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Nemesis0147(m): 10:33pm On Jan 10
BluntCrazeMan:

Answer the question before complaining.

Have you done the linking??
You don't need to stand on any queue to link your NIN.

Or abi you don't even have any NIN at-all.??
I have linked it sir

Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:36pm On Jan 10
Nemesis0147:
I have linked it sir
Then, if the message continues coming, call their customer-care.

And tell them (in a very stern and serious tone) that the messages are getting you very angry.
And that they must stop sending such infuriating messages to you.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by ngwababe(f): 9:11am On Jan 11
Ladoja19:
I wish you get answers to this
I'm a victim too

They sent the message to me and I've done mine. Noticed I couldn't recharge until I did mine.
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11
Kinzo0917:

I have linked mine since
Dont Know Why dey send me this message

Please how did u do yours?
I dialed d code.
Please tell me the steps you used
Thanks

Just be patient they will message you soon
Re: Did You Get This Message From MTN? by Weezyclan(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11
Brytawon:

Go for SIM Update/Re-registration at any MTN Store now that you can still receive messages before it is blocked.
It is free.
You won't be able to do Welcome Back/SIM Swap once it is blocked.

Thank you. I was able to update the sim registration today and link my NIN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines / FERO Mobile Care / Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.