Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo (15800 Views)

Tinubu Summons Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / SERAP Issues Tinubu 48 Hours To Reverse Ban On 25 Media Outfits / Tinubu’s 48 Ministers To Gulp N8.6bn In 4yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Image123(m): 8:37am On Jan 10
Kukutente23:

You APC bots did not say this for Oduah and Nnaji under Jonathan
Why are you people so biased and in love with your party's looters
When your party chair is even Gandollar and you're comfortable
What else?

Oduah was not a performer, plus she bought two armored cars for her use at the cost of N255 million (U.S. $1.6 million) and lied in her resume. She was only a known member of GEJ's caucus, not a performer.
Barth Nnaji was 'forced' to resign and we can still see the consequences many years later.
The country is not do me i do you, and should not be run on such folly. For the first time in decades, someone is finally bringing light to the ministry of interior. And the emotive thing we want to do is go back to square one?
Sorry, this is not heaven, this is Nigeria. i will rather have a performing thief, than a virgin imam or pastor that is clueless about what to do. That was the foolish template that we were served with GEJ and to a bit PMB. He's so gentle, he's poor, he's not corrupt. What about the millions of people under them? Give me a lion, that stops all the predators from devouring us, than give me a dove to lead nobody.

4 Likes

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by koning: 8:41am On Jan 10
Prof. Bath Nnaji resigned as the minister of power for a similar offense. In his case, there was even no money involved. Just conflict of interest and abuse of office.

So this minister can be sacked too or forced to resign. There must be no sacred cows.

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by firearcher: 8:43am On Jan 10
epainos:

May I never know anyone comfortable with the chain of poverty and sees those who want a good life for them as having an inferiority complex. Nope. I prefer the good life in the EU and America. I don't want the poverty you have been chained to in Nigeria. If that is an inferiority complex...I still prefer it.

If Nigeria is your own paradise, good luck. Live in gour poverty alone. Good for you. Still..I prefer the live there. Shikena.

Son, I can see you have not travelled out. What a pity. Mehn! What a wasted life you are presently living. Chai.

Stockholm Syndrome at work. You are suffering in Nigeria and defending it. Wow! Some are so unfortunate to come into this world. Wow! The most unfortunate issue is that they don't even want to experience a good life because they have been chained to poverty. Wow!

Nigeria as a land area is not what I am concerned about. I am concerned about you and other people in it. Life expectancy in it is 55 years. Mehn! You are finished.

A beg....don't quote me again. Poverty ....far away from me in Jesus' name. I don't want your "poverty" mentality and the unwillingness to get out of it. A sign of poverty is when you do the same thing over and over with the same failed results. And you keep doing it.

Please.... don't mention me again. I wish you whatever life you get and whatever the result of the hope you are dreaming with the same failed strategy you have been using since 1960.

Poor people are the worst one can try to help. They just love poverty!

Take care!

Lol. Its your type that acquire fake Western accent with 1 hour of travelling out.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise.

Nigeria us not finished and Nigeria will be great.

No point dignifying you with futher response.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by pongwa(m): 8:43am On Jan 10
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Haaland21: 8:44am On Jan 10
Jokers......
Tunji Ojo has done nothing wrong.

Is it a crime for the company he established and does not get involve in day to day operation to bid for FG contract?

Are other companies more deserving this 'his'?

Can the haters prove that the company didnt follow due process?

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Kukutente23: 8:47am On Jan 10
Image123:

Oduah was not a performer, plus she bought two armored cars for her use at the cost of N255 million (U.S. $1.6 million) and lied in her resume. She was only a known member of GEJ's caucus, not a performer.
Barth Nnaji was 'forced' to resign and we can still see the consequences many years later.
The country is not do me i do you, and should not be run on such folly. For the first time in decades, someone is finally bringing light to the ministry of interior. And the emotive thing we want to do is go back to square one?
Sorry, this is not heaven, this is Nigeria. i will rather have a performing thief, than a virgin imam or pastor that is clueless about what to do. That was the foolish template that we were served with GEJ and to a bit PMB. He's so gentle, he's poor, he's not corrupt. What about the millions of people under them? Give me a lion, that stops all the predators from devouring us, than give me a dove to lead nobody.
Who started airport expansion and renovation in Nigeria? The problem with you APC people is selective amnesia. Look at you now ranting over 225million for two SUVs when this administration bought SUVs at 160million each. 225/2 is 112m. So can you justify her sack with the above?
Nnaji was forced to resign by who? Was it not the same APC bots who kept the fire on him till he was forced to resign?
Nobody is saying do me I do you. What we are saying is what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. There should be no sacred cow. That's how to build a country.
And no one ever supported GEJ because he is gentle or poor or not corrupt. That was Buhari and he ended up worse than GEJ.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by fredpeter(m): 8:47am On Jan 10
Abeg nobody should involve this man, he is the only working minister we know for know
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by epainos: 8:49am On Jan 10
Image123:

It's management, not seminary. A good manager would not sack a good performer, except that performer is doing something very bad to the detriment of the whole team. The manager must also look at the options on ground to make a good decision, not everything is emotion.
So Tunji-Ojo is the only option on ground. Right? Na waooo! If he suddenly died today (God forbids it), no other option....abi? Mehn! Out of 300 million people...Tunji-Ojo who is trying to automate collection of passport is the only one for the job. If he doesnt automatic it...what else is he supposed to do? mehn!

Show me with real example of a corrupt good manager who achieved so much positively since you refused to answer my questions. Show me just one.

Mehn! The best you hope for is the least a corrupt man can give you. grin

I pray that you find yourself outside Nigeria because you are in bondage. When we say Nigeria is finished...it is not the land area or the ocean there. You are a typical example of the finished Nigeria.

Please, don't quote me again if you don't have a real example of what I asked you here...and if you still cannot answer all my previous questions..scram. I will attend to you if you do what I have asked you...otherwise...it is foolish to discuss with a victim of poverty.

God bless!
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Jamestown123: 8:55am On Jan 10
Flier:
They want to suspend the only good man that ever comes out Nigerias politics ?
Good luck .
It won't work.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by jattopeter(m): 8:57am On Jan 10
See talk , Indeed there was a nation. I WAS ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE COMMENT AS WELL.
epainos:

Wow!

No nation can survive this comment. Wow!!!

Nigeria is finished. This is why Nigeria must split. Wow!!!
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by SavageMaster: 8:58am On Jan 10
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/10/ypp-gives-tinubu-48-hours-to-suspend-interior-minister-tunji-ojo/

He is still an interested party. In saner climes, that company should never have been awarded the contract in the first place.

The Minister needs to resign or be sacked.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by rafcrown(m): 9:08am On Jan 10
They are the politicians
They are the contractors
They are the budget planners
They are the budget implementers
They are the people awarding contracts
They are the people getting the contracts
Shameless people.

2 Likes

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by rafcrown(m): 9:10am On Jan 10
They are the politicians
They are the contractors
They are the budget planners
They are the budget implementers
They are the people awarding contracts
They are the people getting the contracts
No wonder the money is not circulating to the masses

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Lifemanage: 9:13am On Jan 10
This is how the elders that have being destroying this country will be laughing at the present youths as they don't know how to rally round their own. The only youths in the government being kicked out for flimsy mistakes whereas the old ones who has destroyed everything keep their seats cos of their mindless ability to conceal their atrocities. So sad. Who is YPP??
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Image123(m): 9:19am On Jan 10
Kukutente23:

Who started airport expansion and renovation in Nigeria? The problem with you APC people is selective amnesia. Look at you now ranting over 225million for two SUVs when this administration bought SUVs at 160million each. 225/2 is 112m. So can you justify her sack with the above?
Nnaji was forced to resign by who? Was it not the same APC bots who kept the fire on him till he was forced to resign?
Nobody is saying do me I do you. What we are saying is what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. There should be no sacred cow. That's how to build a country.
And no one ever supported GEJ because he is gentle or poor or not corrupt. That was Buhari and he ended up worse than GEJ.

One, i am not an APC person. Two, airports have been built and renovated and expanded before Oduah. Three buying vehicles for personal use at 160million or 225million are not good, especially when they are government expenses. None of them is good, okay? i see the way you subtly avoided the dollar equivalent too, you don't want the truth, you want to win the argument instead.
Nnaji resigned in 2012, there was no APC then. Plus, it's not a fight of do me i do you. That PDP does something bad does not mean that APC must do it, and say didn't PDP do it.(Also vice versa). We need the country to change, not look for silly excuses.
GEJ's main campign was that he had no shoes, and was from minority. It was the model for both GEJ and PMB. You're free to continue arguing, i'm done.

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by MT: 9:19am On Jan 10
Flier:
Good luck .

Are we to turn blind eyes when the so called "good man" committed an infraction ?

Everyone should be held to the same standard.

Tunji messed up big time and he could not feign ignorance of his conduct.

He is not the only "good man" that ever come out of Nigeria politics. A supposedly good man that appears saintly but soiling his hands to the tune of several millions of naira.

For your Information, I am a Yoruba and dire supporter of Tinubu but when Tinubu messes up, I give him a knock.

I do not support anyone blindy.

2 Likes

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by aybabz101: 9:20am On Jan 10
theamazonguru:

Have People started collecting it in that short space of time ni?

I dey tell you. The guy really reformed immigration passport services.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Realist777: 9:24am On Jan 10
JayPeeOham:
What?! shocked

The ship is sinking at a very fast pace...who is next
No ship is sinking, the nigga corrupt though he talented
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by MT: 9:25am On Jan 10
aybabz101:

I dey tell you. The guy really reformed immigration passport services.

It is because our standard is too low as a nation.

Automating the passport process is not such a big deal.

A process that has been implemented somewhere should not be a rocket science to replicate but because we have been exposed to a lot of maladministration, it seems he has done the unthinkable.

Please, note, I applaud his achievements but we are taking it to a level far beyond.

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Image123(m): 9:30am On Jan 10
epainos:

So Tunji-Ojo is the only option on ground. Right? Na waooo! If he suddenly died today (God forbids it), no other option....abi? Mehn! Out of 300 million people...Tunji-Ojo who is trying to automate collection of passport is the only one for the job. If he doesnt automatic it...what else is he supposed to do? mehn!

He is the obvious working option. If anyone died, including you or me, life will go on. It doesn't remove the fact that there will likely be a void. You should probably ask the question of automation and performance from all the previous ministers of interior since 1999.

Show me with real example of a corrupt good manager who achieved so much positively since you refused to answer my questions. Show me just one.

Mehn! The best you hope for is the least a corrupt man can give you. grin

Give me a list of 30 good managers that you know so that i can help with your question. Good is relative, so let's work with yours for avoidance of doubt.

I pray that you find yourself outside Nigeria because you are in bondage. When we say Nigeria is finished...it is not the land area or the ocean there. You are a typical example of the finished Nigeria.

Please, don't quote me again if you don't have a real example of what I asked you here...and if you still cannot answer all my previous questions..scram. I will attend to you if you do what I have asked you...otherwise...it is foolish to discuss with a victim of poverty.

God bless!

Lol, it's myopic to assume that every single person who likes the performance of the Minister of Interior MUST be inside Nigeria, in bondage and poor. i guess you are a supporter of Obi lamba, that's the way they have all been zombified to 'think'.

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:30am On Jan 10
epainos:

I have read your view, but I have some questions for you.

1. If he is found guilty of the corruption that he is accused of (the same reason Beta Edu is presently suspended), are you suggesting that he should be left alone because he is trying to automate the system?

2. Do you think there is no other person who can automate the passport issuing system?

3. If there is a blueprint of how to automate the system, do you think he is still the only person who can do it?

4. If he truly stole the money just like Edu...is he a good person?

Hmmm! Nigeria is finished. Mehn! Because Aregbesola is an as.shole under dullard Buhari...so even if Ojo steals...he is a saint...right? Poverty is bad. Mehn!

To me, if he is found guilty. He should go and that will serve as example to others and make them to sit right.

For you saying poverty is bad, Yes poverty is bad and that's not my own portion but where you see poverty in my comments kept me wondering.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Solababa91(m): 9:32am On Jan 10
My humble question is what exactly do our intelligence body like DSS and NIA do on this ministers while their names are been forwarded to them. Is it that they do not have the technical know-how to do a thorough job, they just feign ignorance or the President's Team choose to neglect their findings?

2 Likes

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Ironbull: 9:38am On Jan 10
Pls free this man, he is the only working Minister infact the best Interior Minister Nigeria ever had since returned to democracy.

Passport progression he just introduced that is annoying all those thief immigration will be stop Nigrian back to sqare-one again paying 100k+ for passport, facing harrassement from immigration, no passport booklets etc...

Nigerians calm down we can't continue these way stopping everyone doing good job simply of a pain from some deceit opportunist politician that lost election, it is the poor masses that will suffers it 100%.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by epainos: 9:42am On Jan 10
INTEGRITYA1:

To me, if he is found guilty. He should go and that will serve as example to others and make them to sit right.
So, why were you defending him? He didn't deny the allegations....he was trying to say he is a shareholder and not director of the company. A company that is a private entity. Lol. If Edu is sacked, he needs to be sacked too. Dem never start at all, they are already embezzling. Ordinary passport collection automation is why you all are hailing him. The guy has killed his political career. Na his enemies asked him to steal Naija's money?

I guess my questions have twisted your brain in the right direction.

For you saying poverty is bad, Yes poverty is bad and that's not my own portion but where you see poverty in my comments kept me wondering.

Poverty is your portion if you remain in this present Nigeria. It is a fact I am telling you. It is not by confessing positively alone. Get out of Nigeria if your papa or mama isn't a politician. You don't know you are poor because you have not gone out. I am not insulting you...I am telling you the truth. The day you land abroad, you will weep for Nigeria. Period.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by sonofElElyon: 9:49am On Jan 10
Or what?
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Rating(m): 9:53am On Jan 10
Wait, all these monies were misappropriated within 6 months of this new administration? By just one ministry. Okay na!

It's well with Nigeria.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Coronavirus1: 9:54am On Jan 10
YPP you are mad suspend the best working Minister why don't you tell Buhari during his administration. I can now understand that Mrs Edu was frame up for exposing fraud in her ministry
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Kukutente23: 9:55am On Jan 10
Image123:

One, i am not an APC person. Two, airports have been built and renovated and expanded before Oduah. Three buying vehicles for personal use at 160million or 225million are not good, especially when they are government expenses. None of them is good, okay? i see the way you subtly avoided the dollar equivalent too, you don't want the truth, you want to win the argument instead.
Nnaji resigned in 2012, there was no APC then. Plus, it's not a fight of do me i do you. That PDP does something bad does not mean that APC must do it, and say didn't PDP do it.(Also vice versa). We need the country to change, not look for silly excuses.
GEJ's main campign was that he had no shoes, and was from minority. It was the model for both GEJ and PMB. You're free to continue arguing, i'm done.
Your Two is a big lie. From 1999 till now, the first aviation minister to expand and remodel airports was Oduah. That's a fact. Claiming airports were built before her is an attempt to make it look like she did nothing which is beginning to look like you don't just like her. That's why you're touching on dollar equivalent. What's the dollar equivalent have to do with the money taken from Nigeria's purse? Are you saying because it is less in terms of dollars the money can be stolen? Or do you imply that an SUV truly costs 160m? That's how you people are destroying this country.
Nnaji resigned based on outcry from CSOs who were majorly sponsored by opposition elements who make up APC today.
May I ask what is necessarily bad in sacking a high- ranking govt official found to be corrupt. I don't understand you anymore. What you're advocating for is that APC shouldn't sack ministers found to be corrupt just because PDP did. Are you lowering the bar of governance or improving it? How will the country change if the country is being looted day-in-day-out?
You lie again. Seems you've been brainwashed by APC propaganda. GEJ'S main campaign point was bringing a breath of fresh air into governance. The I had no shoes statement just like stealing is not corruption was hardest upon by the opposition to deride him. It was not his campaign point. Tinubu just claimed to be poor last year too. Even claimed a Naval officer slapped him while hustling as a taxi driver in Chicago. I've not seen any of you say that's his main campaign point.
PMB never claimed to be poor as well and we all know he's not from minority at least as far as Nigeria's political makeup is concerned.
You need to get a lot of things straight. You're not well informed obviously.
Peace
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by iHateFraudsters: 9:57am On Jan 10
INTEGRITYA1:
Hope this man will not be affected with this Scenario, one of the best performing Ministers.

Unlike Aregbesola who occupied the same portfolio and just announcing public holidays for good 8 years.

Ah swear!

I really enjoyed Aregbesola whenever he announces public holidays.

He too like holidays.

Enjoyment minister.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Pat081: 9:57am On Jan 10
If this happens under PDP I know that APC will have been on the street now
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Alamkir: 9:58am On Jan 10
Flier:
Good luck .

Leave them. Na Suspend go kill their father.
Is it everything u play politics with
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Wallade(m): 10:13am On Jan 10
DeLaRue:
Whichever way you look at the facts of this case, it is difficult to see how the Minister can continue in his present role.

It was reported that he was invited to Aso Rock yesterday.

If that is true, and we haven't heard anything from Aso Rock about the outcome of the meeting, it may well be that they're trying to find a soft landing for him.

But it is difficult to see how any soft landing would not damage this government's reputation.

The Minister got himself into this situation unfortunately and only has himself to blame.

The President should prioritise his government's standing over saving the ass of any Minister that misbehaves, however well the Minister may have performed.

At the very least, the Minister should refund all monies collected under the contract. He should then be demoted to a junior Minister in another Ministry. Even this will still damage the government's reputation immensely, but it would be worse if the government came out with a fudge that keeps him in place as a senior Minister.

If it can be established that Tunji Ojo and his wife resigned as director of the company when he became a house of representatives member and there has been a change of directors filed with CAC.

I can excuse him. Though I know that he is in that company in proxy and must have been manipulating things in favor of that company while in govt.

However, he needs to distance that company from government contracts going forward.

I opine that he should retain his job especially because I see corruption fighting back at him in his case. The monumental and unprecedented development of a seamless system to acquire and renew passport without having to bribe some touts and Nigerian Immigrantion staff is definitely annoying some people.

None of Nigerian politicians can be certified a saint; they all have skeletons in their cupboards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili / FG Releases Economic Recovery Plan / Buhari Reshuffles Permanent Secretaries And Accounting Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.