Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo (15826 Views)

Tinubu Summons Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / SERAP Issues Tinubu 48 Hours To Reverse Ban On 25 Media Outfits / Tinubu’s 48 Ministers To Gulp N8.6bn In 4yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Indispensable85(m): 10:17am On Jan 10
Lol......these ones dey find relevance. So after 48hrs what will you do? Lol 🤣🤣 arrest the president?
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Forumobserver12(m): 10:18am On Jan 10
firearcher:

Many have been saying this for decades and Nigeria still stands. I get it. They feel hopeless.
But many times we over-exagerate our problems and underestimate our capacity for survival.

How much progress have we made as a nation? Do you realized that corruption hinders progress? Any country that institutionalized corruption is gone, take it or leave it...
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:20am On Jan 10
[quote author=epainos post=127869718]
So, why were you defending him? He didn't deny the allegations....he was trying to say he is a shareholder and not director of the company. A company that is a private entity. Lol. If Edu is sacked, he needs to be sacked too. Dem never start at all, they are already embezzling. Ordinary passport collection automation is why you all are hailing him. The guy has killed his political career. Na his enemies asked him to steal Naija's money?

I guess my questions have twisted your brain in the right direction.

Poverty is your portion if you remain in this present Nigeria. It is a fact I am telling you. It is not by confessing positively alone. Get out of Nigeria if your papa or mama isn't a politician. You don't know you are poor because you have not gone out. I am not insulting you...I am telling you the truth. The day you land abroad, you will weep for Nigeria. Period.

Back to sender, I was responding to you because I thought you're a sane mind.

I'm not against going to abroad or traveling out but I will like to tell you that; we're not all abroad frick.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by epainos: 10:22am On Jan 10
INTEGRITYA1:
Back to sender, I was responding to you because I thought you're a sane mind.

I'm not against going to abroad or traveling out but I will like to tell you that; we're not all abroad frick.

Bye.
Like I predicted, you have not gone outside Nigeria, yet, running your mouth like you know what wealth and poverty are. Anyway....enjoy your poverty.

Peace!
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by OsunOriginal: 10:29am On Jan 10
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/10/ypp-gives-tinubu-48-hours-to-suspend-interior-minister-tunji-ojo/

Not only that. The CAC certificate of that fraudulent company should be withdrawn.

Any company used to syphon the commonwealth of Nigerians should be closed down and all their directors arrested.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by garfield1: 10:30am On Jan 10
Angelfrost:
Are we back to obscure associations issuing lame ultimatums just for clout online?!

As for the issue on ground... Corruption will be worse under Tinubu.

You don't need to be a prophet to clearly see this.

Tinubu is equal to fighting it
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Shomek(m): 10:47am On Jan 10
I know that president tinubu will suspend him
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by firearcher: 10:48am On Jan 10
Forumobserver12:

How much progress have we made as a nation? Do you realized that corruption hinders progress? Any country that institutionalized corruption is gone, take it or leave it...

I totally agree that corruption hinders progress. What I don't accept is the absolute notion that the country is gone. You may say the nation is "going", but until it is gone, it is not gone.

America was once a segregated nation where blacks were kept as slave. It took a civil war where hundreds of thousands died, years of protests and activism and sacrifices of people like MLK Jnr. and others to pave the path for someone like Barack Obama.
Even still, many black and white citizens in the US still argue today that American is still institutionally racist (e.g A Sharpton, Xendi, etc). But have they ever given up? Some have, we hear them all the time. But many still believes in working toward the lofty declaration of the US declaration of independence that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are Life, Liberty and pursuit of happiness.

There are people in the trenches in Nigeria still fighting for the soul of this nation. The best we can do is support them by keeping faith and hope alive, and doing our own bit within our sphere of influence.

2 Likes

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Angelfrost(m): 10:53am On Jan 10
garfield1:

Tinubu is equal to fighting it

He should seriously put in more efforts... The level of corruption in Nigerian government today is almost ten times worse than when Obj was in office.

If PDP had to go due to Corruption, what's the sense in continuing with APC that has already exceeded it?!!

I wish him all the best... His success in that office will favor all Nigerians, home and abroad.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Chibykeray(m): 11:08am On Jan 10
Am not a supporter of Tinubu but giving an ultimatum like that to a President? YPP who u be? 48hrs ko…

1 Like

Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by forgiveness: 11:24am On Jan 10
aybabz101:
In all sincerity, this is a complete conflict of interest due to the fact that his wife is still an active director in the company. I think he should be suspended pending the completion of investigation on the matter.....

The painful thing is that na only this guy dey work in this present administration. ppl now collects passports within two weeks!.....

Are you people devoid of understanding? Which conflict?

So, the wife has lost her right to do business because her husband is a minister?

The law says you must resign your job to take appointment as a Minister. Did he? Yes

Then 2what are you looking for?
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Wallade(m): 11:34am On Jan 10
forgiveness:

So, the wife has lost her right to do business because her husband is a minister?

The law says you must resign your job to take appointment as a Minister. Did he? Yes

I will be honest with you, the person that opined that it is conflict of interest is very correct.

The minister, husband, is on the federal executive council that approves such contracts. He was part of the executive council meeting where the contract was approved.

His wife being on the board of directors of that company implies a conflict of interest. The ideal thing is for him to prevent companies where he and his wife are directors from bidding for contracts with FGN pending his service to the nation as a minister. That is the ideal and proper thing to do.

The company can do private sector business and contracts while the wife is on the board as a director of the company.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by forgiveness: 11:51am On Jan 10
Wallade:

I will be honest with you, the person that opined that it is conflict of interest is very correct.

The minister, husband, is on the federal executive council that approves such contracts. He was part of the executive council meeting where the contract was approved.

His wife being on the board of directors of that company implies a conflict of interest. The ideal thing is to prevent companies where he and his wife are directors from bidding for contracts with FGN pending his service to the nation as a minister. That is the ideal and proper thing to do.

The company can do private sector business and contracts while the wife is on the board as a director of the company.

Are interpreting what the said or you're following your own opinion?
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Image123(m): 11:56am On Jan 10
Kukutente23:

Your Two is a big lie. From 1999 till now, the first aviation minister to expand and remodel airports was Oduah. That's a fact. Claiming airports were built before her is an attempt to make it look like she did nothing which is beginning to look like you don't just like her. That's why you're touching on dollar equivalent. What's the dollar equivalent have to do with the money taken from Nigeria's purse? Are you saying because it is less in terms of dollars the money can be stolen? Or do you imply that an SUV truly costs 160m? That's how you people are destroying this country.
Nnaji resigned based on outcry from CSOs who were majorly sponsored by opposition elements who make up APC today.
May I ask what is necessarily bad in sacking a high- ranking govt official found to be corrupt. I don't understand you anymore. What you're advocating for is that APC shouldn't sack ministers found to be corrupt just because PDP did. Are you lowering the bar of governance or improving it? How will the country change if the country is being looted day-in-day-out?
You lie again. Seems you've been brainwashed by APC propaganda. GEJ'S main campaign point was bringing a breath of fresh air into governance. The I had no shoes statement just like stealing is not corruption was hardest upon by the opposition to deride him. It was not his campaign point. Tinubu just claimed to be poor last year too. Even claimed a Naval officer slapped him while hustling as a taxi driver in Chicago. I've not seen any of you say that's his main campaign point.
PMB never claimed to be poor as well and we all know he's not from minority at least as far as Nigeria's political makeup is concerned.
You need to get a lot of things straight. You're not well informed obviously.
Peace

MMIA was a nightmare before OBJ govt. The US used to strongly advise travellers against it. OBJ and the the govt after him improved that place well till as much as 2010 when the FAA had granted the airport its highest safety rating.
Kano Airport saw the completion of a new terminal in November 2009, commissione in 2011.
As for Nnamdi Azikiwe Intl Airport, A new airport terminal was built in 2000 by Julius Berger. The place was largely dsyfunctional during Oduah's era until the 2017 runway reconstruction. She did some work in Enugu. Anambra and Ebonyi are relatively new and Buhari time.
Port Harcourt airport has almost always being a disaster, including during Oduah's time. In 2015, the airport gained notoriety for having been declared the worst in the world; amid this, the construction of a new passenger terminal was underway, which later opened in 2018.
If these few are not agreed, i doubt if 20 more will be agreed on.

Stella bought her vehicles in dollars. It's not that long ago; we were all here. We didn't forget if you did, along with her many other scandals. i really wonder why you brought her up anyway and are so eager to defend her. This lady compelled the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to pay Coscharis Motors, an auto dealer, approximately $1.6 million for the two BMW bullet-proof cars. This at a time when the highest cost for each such car in both the US and UK was $267,000 per car. And the cars were never delivered ALSO. At least, the Senators including LP and PDP senators, saw their own cars, LOL. Go and figure out how much $1.6 million is now, and THINK.

On Nnaji, Reuben Abati who was GEJ's spokesman, released a statement saying GEJ had accepted the power minister’s resignation and wished him well in his future endeavours. Whatever led to his resignation, we can all see the consequences till date. IN OTHER WORDS, he should not have resigned. Power was starting to work under him. But you seem bent on us doing the same thing since it happened to Nnaji, therefore it must happen to Ojo. That's your opinion, and you are free to it. However, i do not agree to it. Interior is starting to work and Ojo should be allowed to continue what he is currently doing.
BTW, Ojo is not looting the country day in day out like you allege. He is ACCUSED, not yet guilty of conflict of interest. It is still under investigation. And whatever his company was involved in was not said to be looted. Look before you jump into conclusions.

As for GEJ that Okupe once compared to Jesus Christ, we all remember that he had no shoes. There was no fresh air about him. He had been in government since 1999 This link is a grim reminder of how he was perceived by millions with his rag to riches story. Obi sold similar to his followers with his "I am conservative" story. PMB and Osinbande did something similar by taking sachets of milo. All the politicians try to do similar by buying corn and plantain, or telling us how they hawked gala. This is the very point i made that we don't necessarily need poor people, saints, imams and pastors in government. We need performers. We need people that will deliver, and Ojo is delivering at the moment. If he stops delivering, we will also say it.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Wallade(m): 12:09pm On Jan 10
forgiveness:

Are interpreting what the said or you're following your own opinion?

Is my position confusing to you. Point out the part that you don't understand about my statement so that I can explain to you.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by seyigiggle: 12:16pm On Jan 10
in Nigeria, when you do the right thing, be ready to stay afloat your enemies because they would bring you down with the slightest mistake.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Splashme: 12:27pm On Jan 10
Thief Tunji must go!
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Buccalcavity2: 12:30pm On Jan 10
If his wife is still a director, then that changes the narrative! It is conflict of interest! Let's not be shameless like Peter Obi. Let him go!
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by saintkeppy(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10
YoungLionken:
What's YPP, a name of any person, animal, place or things undecided??.

That's the party that will take over Akwa Ibom State soon.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by aybabz101: 12:48pm On Jan 10
forgiveness:

Let me say a little thing about conflict of interest (COI). When you are in any position which can potentially influence your judgement in favour or against a particular interest in recognized as COI.

Some organizations erect policies to prevent marriage among their employees. These types of policies are erected to protect the organization by maintaining order regarding professionalism and chain of command and in preventing potential fraud via collusion coz its easier among couples.

Similarly, I beleive you know about Clinton–Lewinsky scandal. Both of them were adults but the public believes that Clinton swayed Lewinsky due to his position as president even though it is Lewinsky that might have possibly initiated the romance in the first place.

We are talking about the wife of a sitting minister here with the minister being a former director in the company, bidding for a contract in a government he belongs. i dont know the perspective of the regarding this issue but we are dealing with ethics and professionalism here. What he did might not be wrong according to the law but i beleive it is ethically inappropriate.

It will be difficult to convince me that Tunji-ojo didn't use his influence as a minister to pressure/lobby his colleague towards awarding that contract to his wife and his "company". This narrative might not be true but you cant tell me a COI does not exist in this case.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by kogevaw720: 1:03pm On Jan 10
Looks like YPP has forgotten that they are a political party and not a Pressure Group.
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/10/ypp-gives-tinubu-48-hours-to-suspend-interior-minister-tunji-ojo/
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Jan 10
Wallade:

Is my position
confusing to you. Point out the part that you don't understand about my statement so that I can explain to you.

The bolded is clear. It's your position not that of the law of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by GABRIEL6036: 1:39pm On Jan 10
Immigration officers will be like, thank God ooo, God don catch am, that cone head wants to block our means of livelihood grin grin cheesy
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Alba3: 1:43pm On Jan 10
Kukutente23:

What kind of question is this
When you know you're not conversant with the matter, instead of rushing here to defend him, why don't you use Google and get the right info
You must be one of those passport racketeerers and prison's contractors' staff.

Are you saying that if you're a shareholder in a company or where you've retired as director the company shouldn't have anything to do with government again? This is a different scenario to Nnaji's that his company bid under his own ministry. His former didn't deal with his own ministry of interior. Virtually all politicians can't escape this situation; they are shareholders in many companies that deal with government. This is not direct conflict in the real sense.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Wallade(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10
forgiveness:

The bolded is clear. It's your position not that of the law of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Tell us about the law of the federal republic of Nigeria concerning this issue of conflict of interest.

Mind you, you must quote, copy/paste or reference the law your refer so we can check.

Thank you.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Shattuck(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10
swagficient:
That’s to tell you most of them aint interested in making Nigeria a better place.
Politics is greater than Nigeria in their viewpoint.

That company should be made to withdraw the bid and refund the money and Tunji Ojo should be let off with a stern warning.

Suspending him will be going too far. He’s the only one bringing hope to Nigerians in this govt.

Normally, he should be suspended but He’s too valuable to Nigerians.

too valuable to Nigerians 😂😂😂? As in how? Dem dey chop our money, you dey say too valuable to Nigerians 😂🤣 look, Nigeria is a nation of millions of people tunji ojo is not creating the cure to cancer, he is totally disposable.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by forgiveness: 3:11pm On Jan 10
Wallade:

Tell us about the law of the federal republic of Nigeria concerning this issue of conflict of interest.

Mind you, you must quote, copy/paste or reference the law your refer so we can check.

Thank you.

You said it's your position hence not in accordance with the law of the Federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Reflect7: 3:27pm On Jan 10
firearcher:

Whoever you are, you don't know me, where I have been and what I know.
Your ranting here only truly betray your level of inferiority complex.

All these countries you tout as your paradise on earth have their myriads of problems and even the citizens of these nations are not holding hands and celebrating their perfect lives.

Some people just love to totally put down Nigeria and overpraise these western nations forgetting that they were not built in a day. Simply because they offer them some benefits Nigeria don't offer.

Nigeria has her problem but she is NOT finished and will get better with time.

Well said.

Don’t mind that self hater with his wretched inferiority complex.
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Wallade(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10
forgiveness:

You said it's your position hence not in accordance with the law of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

Oga, tell us about the law that you refer now. Abi that one is difficult ni?

kiss
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by pharmagba: 3:45pm On Jan 10
DeLaRue:
Whichever way you look at the facts of this case, it is difficult to see how the Minister can continue in his present role.

It was reported that he was invited to Aso Rock yesterday.

If that is true, and we haven't heard anything from Aso Rock about the outcome of the meeting, it may well be that they're trying to find a soft landing for him.

But it is difficult to see how any soft landing would not damage this government's reputation.

The Minister got himself into this situation unfortunately and only has himself to blame.

The President should prioritise his government's standing over saving the ass of any Minister that misbehaves, however well the Minister may have performed.

At the very least, the Minister should refund all monies collected under the contract. He should then be demoted to a junior Minister in another Ministry. Even this will still damage the government's reputation immensely, but it would be worse if the government came out with a fudge that keeps him in place as a senior Minister.
The minister has committed no crime, he should continue
No reputation is damaged.
We know people who don't like this administration or Nigeria when they talk
Re: YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo by frog12: 3:56pm On Jan 10
stop supporting bad behaviour. he has an interest in the company, so it is wrong

Is04970:
Tunji Ojo did no wrong. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Orders Military Crackdown On Banditry In Zamfara / Amnesty International Blames Police For Bloody Shi'ites Protest / Okowa Suspends Aide, Ossai Ovie Success For Post About Edith Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.