Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers (10567 Views)

Yobe Deputy Governor's Son, Two Others Die In Road Crash / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos) / 24 Persons Cheat Death As Boats Capsize In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by Timoleon(m): 9:58am On Jan 10
24SEVEN:
Why travel in a wooden boat at Night.

RIP to them.

Unfortunately, it's not their first time doing night travels on those waters, after all that's the only thing that connects many of those communities. Truth however is that, the more times you do something dangerous, the closer you are to getting seriously hurt or in this case dying.

This won't stop others in those communities from doing night waka on the waters. They'll simply feel these ones were unlucky.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by emperor4love(m): 10:08am On Jan 10
Demigod22:
Rest in peace to the departed souls.

Andoni, the water is too big. The first time I travelled to Bonny island through Bodo city in Gokana, I was terrified by the water. I hope they work on that road to reduce this monopoly of water transportation to Bonny.
not as big as bonny
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by lunacol(m): 10:09am On Jan 10
Demigod22:
Rest in peace to the departed souls.

Andoni, the water is too big. The first time I travelled to Bonny island through Bodo city in Gokana, I was terrified by the water. I hope they work on that road to reduce this monopoly of water transportation to Bonny.

Wave can come unexpectedly and hit seafarers.It is important to always wear life jackets when traveling by sea but most indigenes don't adhere to such safety rules.I don't know why.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by 24SEVEN: 10:22am On Jan 10
Timoleon:

Unfortunately, it's not their first time doing night travels on those waters, after all that's the only thing that connects many of those communities. Truth however is that, the more times you do something dangerous, the closer you are to getting seriously hurt or in this case dying.

This won't stop others in those communities from doing night waka on the waters. They'll simply feel these ones were unlucky.

The peculiar difficulties associated with Riverine communities demand sincerity and accountability from their leaders. They should ensure that funds meted out to then are used to provide basic amenities for the betterment of their lives.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by Timoleon(m): 10:24am On Jan 10
24SEVEN:

The peculiar difficulties associated with Riverine communities demand sincerity and accountability from their leaders. They should ensure that funds meted out to then are used to provide basic amenities for the betterment of their lives.
True
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by Demigod22: 10:52am On Jan 10
emperor4love:
not as big as bonny

Bonny is bigger. From Bodo city to Bonny was very scary the first time. Like every where is water. My friend told me he travelled eight hours on water in Beyelsa too.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by Demigod22: 10:53am On Jan 10
lunacol:

Wave can come unexpectedly and hit seafarers.It is important to always wear life jackets when traveling by sea but most indigenes don't adhere to such safety rules.I don't know why.

That's very true. You know we Nigerians don't always listen to instructions. That's too bad.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by ignisaqua(f): 11:00am On Jan 10
Oh! Not those kids!! Oh my God!
What happened to life jackets?!
Even if the victims/ prospective Passengers don't request for one.
Make it mandatory for them to wear abeg.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by Bluffly: 11:05am On Jan 10
Ireportlive:
Life jacket
No mind them. Blacks and stupid nothing dey happen belief
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by delishpot: 11:33am On Jan 10
Nigeria! Rescue came HOURS later. See how those in power and position to effect change have caused bloodshed in the country. Embezzlement and ignoring of necessary safety measures to save lives is destroying citizens but govt no care. Yet when one political witch/wizard dies they want the nation to mourn them.
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by 201ibikeye: 12:18pm On Jan 10
Where's their bodies??Proof or I don't believe thisWhere's their bodies??Proof or I don't believe this...
Re: Four Siblings And 16 Others Die As Two Boats Capsize In Rivers by CJStarz: 7:48am On Jan 11
I bn dey talk am, make una dey take dsuffering suffering dey welcome a new year because una never know the baggage e dey come with. Na only God dey save o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed / Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? / How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.