Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp (28918 Views)

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by DenreleDave(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10
On a page of sumtin that never existed

Lies
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by MatrixReloaded: 4:16pm On Jan 10
do matchmaking for her...if you have someone that can take care of her and if she can learn a trade or skill. Don't send her away just like that, she is like a family member, your mother thinks about your own relationship not to be at risk... just find a way or not then you can excuse her to get a younger househelp
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by gabicon: 4:16pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

I trust my husband but my mum's words have been playing in my head.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

If you fire her because of your mum's statement, you will be making a decision based on fear. That decision will be a seed to your decision making process.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by cooooooks(m): 4:17pm On Jan 10
People can be dramatic.

Just set guardrails. No sleepover, maybe reduce how often she comes to the house (3 days instead of 5 days).

Work with her so you get to know her.

Block any chances of hubby help meeting.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by shiwex: 4:21pm On Jan 10
Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by rickleye: 4:22pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

Thank you.

Not sure how long you have had her but let her go with a goodbye package. It’s not about trust but what desperate people can do.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by shiwex: 4:23pm On Jan 10
gabicon:

If you fire her because of your mum's statement, you will be making a decision based on fear. That decision will be a seed to your decision making process.

A word is enough for the wise...If you do not fire her, she will fire you one day.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by EreluRoz: 4:23pm On Jan 10
emapeteum:

hmmm. you degraded house-help as if they are not human and
the majority of Nigerians are house-help abroad.
Degrade how? Any man that sleeps with females be it housemaid, daughters and others under him is cheap

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by emmand2(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10
From what you said, she is not living with your family, she just come,do her work and go.then i don't think you are the one stoping her from getting married, she can leave the job anytime she likes,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by rhythyson: 4:23pm On Jan 10
For what it worth let her go, not because of your mother but because she needs to give her life a direction.. you can support her anyway you can. best of luck
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Connected1: 4:24pm On Jan 10
Your mum comes over and start dictating how you should rule your home 😂

Later una go say some men na Mummy's boy, House help who didn't do anything, ofcourse she would want to settle down and if you have a recommendation for her, she will gladly accept or decline, every normal woman wants to get married.

If your Mum thinks she's a threat, then she should tell you to implant a CCTV chip in your husband so that you guys can monitor him everywhere.

Don't bring your nonsense stories here, if you don't trust your husband enough, get a divorce.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by mukthar2000(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10
You trust your husband abiii what did u just said?

You better act faster b4 u come back here on NL for advice.

What that heldely woman see while seating ,if u climb 10 storybuilding u can't see half.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by CrossRhodes: 4:24pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
Penis no go school oo

But if your husband is at work, he will hardly meet the maid right?
Since she doesn't stay with you, unless she leaves late at night
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Pk01(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10
Please send her packing please and please..
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Fortified06: 4:27pm On Jan 10
santaclaws:
This is another reason to not talk about your personal life at your workplace. It's not only when you're abroad, even here in Nigeria, people can weaponize your statement against you.

Imagine if the lady never spoke about her wanting to get married... She'd have been the perfect maid and all would've been going on smoothly.

This life sha... 🤐

You have said it all

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10
Is she good looking?
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by TanTrip7: 4:32pm On Jan 10
Westerhoffe:
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.

Wisdom [color=#770077][/color]
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by obataokenwa(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
There's this thing with mother's advice.... God don't always let their words be in vain.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by AMI3(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10
Madam I am just disappointed.
In my own opinion I feel you don't have value in the marriage or you don't add value in your marriage.

There is no how you can protect a man that wants to cheat.

If your man has intention or value u he will not attempt to cheat on u because u are valuable

Stop acting like somebody that has no value for her life.

How long will u keep protecting ur husband. Do u follow him to work?.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by SaLongs1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10
ezugegere:
Those of you telling Jane to sack her, if you lose your job for no just reason this year, I hope you won't feel bad about it? What you wish for others may come back to you
The comment I have been wanting to see because I am only seeing heartless and selfish ones without an iota of empathy.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by SaLongs1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 10
AMI3:
Madam I am just disappointed.
In my own opinion I feel you don't have value in the marriage or you don't add value in your marriage.

There is no how you can protect a man that wants to cheat.

If your man has intention or value u he will not attempt to cheat on u because u are valuable

Stop acting like somebody that has no value for her life.

How long will u keep protecting ur husband. Do u follow him to work?.

That her mother sha! I no wan insult person mama sha.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Mayeldah(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10
Why are we all like this?

Nigerians takes nanny and care jobs in Canada, UK and the US, no one has been raped or sexually abused

Not all Men are dogs. Secondly, she doesn't leave with them, so it seems Ok to let her be.

Getting a job these days isn't easy.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by DeLaRue: 4:41pm On Jan 10
What I struggle to understand is...how does a woman snatch a husband.

Are men naive, helpless and unthinking creatures that they can be 'snatched' like a piece of paper?

It's ridiculous.

A man that is 'snatched' wanted and is happy to be snatched.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by CollectMoney: 4:44pm On Jan 10
Beremx:
Your husband is not the type. I hear you o!
Listen to your mother and allow her go. Period!!

I hear you o. See the doubt in your comment. You think every man is like your husband you can sleep with his housemaid.

I believe you can also have sex with your houseboy.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Socratiz: 4:45pm On Jan 10
While your mum's fears may be valid, it is not proper to label this innocent lady a husband snatcher.

She expressed a legitimate desire to have her own family, this does not paint her as being desperate and ready to snatch your husband.

I advise you mention this to your husband. I perceive he would find it funny. It's good you trust your husband because a man does not need a house help to be unfaithful if he wants to.

In any case she does not live with you but you also need to be watchful whenever she's around.

If your mum still insists, you and your husband may need to talk about it with her and allay her fears.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by BloomingDale(f): 4:45pm On Jan 10
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by tonicyril: 4:47pm On Jan 10
Westerhoffe:
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.
Don't talk like she's the one tying her down...

Why do people reason this way??
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by BloomingDale(f): 4:48pm On Jan 10
Pk01:
Please send her packing please and please..

Nigerian wives doing everything to keep their degenerate husbands. 😀😀 Sufferhead.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by thedio(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
If something like that was about to happen,don't u think disengaging her will give both of them the opportunity to make it happen....after all her number is already in his contact and she just a lady without the tag house help
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by loswhite(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10
emapeteum:

hmmm. you degraded house-help as if they are not human and
the majority of Nigerians are house-help abroad.
Where did you get your foolish statistics from? You guys just sit in your house and type thrash
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by sammycarz(m): 4:53pm On Jan 10
give me the house help number
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by wallarwallar(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10
Something is not clear ? She told you she want to get marry and need to go or she just said that and want to continue working for you. If her plan is to stop working to concentrate on looking for husband then let her go cos I really don't understand what advice you are seeking for and if she plan to stay while looking for husband then you might need to pay more attention to her and help in anyway to achieve her dream by constantly relating with her. Abt ur husband jst be watchful and be a good observer without any suspicion from ur husband or the house help things dey happen sometimes that you can ever imagine or expected we are all flesh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Give Us Our Real Babies, Mothers Tell Enugu Govt (photo) / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.