Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp (28936 Views)

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Nicoddemus(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10
BloomingDale:

Nigerian wives doing everything to keep their degenerate husbands. 😀😀 Sufferhead.
sad grin
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Ishilove: 5:04pm On Jan 10
See how insecurity and wickedness is wounding the OP

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Mom007(f): 5:07pm On Jan 10
Funny post. Dey play. You mean you used your hands to bring a 34yr old unmarried woman into your home, who is using her mouth to tell you hoha what is in her mind, then God even sent your mother to give you such a timely advice yet you are still here speaking inglish? OK, kwantinu. Your eyes will soon clear.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Mom007(f): 5:08pm On Jan 10
DabuIIIT:
my God!! Woman please be wise,nah..how can you have a house help of 34 and a lady?!

Try and pay her double and release her.
This one is not wise joor...
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Unbreakable007: 5:08pm On Jan 10
Not every woman is a mother.
Though you will love your mother so dearly but she is not perfect,same as her advice,not all will be perfect.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by tishbite41(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10
ezugegere:
Those of you telling Jane to sack her, if you lose your job for no just reason this year, I hope you won't feel bad about it? What you wish for others may come back to you
Asin eh. Nigerians are heartless.
Just feeding her paranoia.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Lifemanage: 5:18pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection
Never keep a woman close to a man, who is helping him in other things in one house. Else, he will soon become the second wife. That's a rule.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by fineberry(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10
NaughtyBrainiac:
Even if your mum doesn't ask you to let her go, you should know it is only right for you to let her go.

Why will you want someone to continue to serve you at the expense of her her happiness and goals?

Please tell her to give you some time to find a replacement.
you're talking like they forced the job down her throat.. your statement is a liitle bit out of context.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by sleekman(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection
Oga Abraham nä cheap man abi? Una and una yeye mentality. The matter is simple. An older woman sitting down is seeing what a younger one on an Iroko tree can't see. If House girl do otumokpo for you, you go confess when you don drive your wife and no more money again.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by MumEmdy(f): 5:28pm On Jan 10
For those that are asking you to free her to go and get her husband, does she complain that the job is not making her to get a man?.

Husband wey go marry second wife will marry a more younger woman than their wife, don't take her job away from her let her resign by herself except you don't trust her around your spouse.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Taich(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10
Westerhoffe:
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.

Wise one.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by wolebest: 5:39pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

I trust my husband but my mum's words have been playing in my head.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

What are you doing with a 35 year old house help?

Is she taking care of an elderly person if not, there is no need for such a grown ass lady.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Fiscus105(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10
Beremx:
Your husband is not the type. I hear you o!
Listen to your mother and allow her go. Period!!

And u think, if she goes now, husband can't get her ?

Did she want to leave the country or leave world entirely?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by tonytony208(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:

Lolz.

What you people don't know is that a woman that cares for the home has a way of turning a man on.

This is why many women lose their husbands to their housenaids. They go about sitting around while the housemaid goes about keeping the home in order and winning the hearts of their husbands in the process.

Call them cheap all you want, but it is what it is

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by tonytony208(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10
wolebest:

What are you doing with a 35 year old house help?

Is she taking care of an elderly person if not, there is no need for such a grown ass lady.

Why is she even too lazy to do housechores by herself?

Instead of househelp, why can't she buy washing machine to take care of the laundry, while she handles the rest by herself?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by tonytony208(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10
MumEmdy:
For those that are asking you to free her to go and get her husband, does she complain that the job is not making her to get a man?.

Husband wey go marry second wife will marry a more younger woman than their wife, don't take her job away from her let her resign by herself except you don't trust her around your spouse.

If she is a sleep in househelp, her job can be a barrier to getting a marriage partner.

Are you in this world at all, where housemaids use seduction strategies and juju to collect their oga's husbands?

At 34, she will be desperate and ready to do anything to help her get a man that will care for and marry her, including making a deal with the devil.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by BluntCrazeMan: 5:49pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

Thank you.

Well done.

Have you finished trusting yourself??
Now, you're trusting another human being.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Ashawokobokobo: 5:55pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:

Dey play!
Tell that to King Solomon.
Cheap men indeed.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Myer(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
Your mom just planted a seed of fear in you.
So many of our Nigerian mothers have seen and heard a lot of bad things happen to others. That any little sign is interpreted out of their fears.

You are in a better position to judge the situation.
Are you and your husband believers? Then no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

You simply need to ask some salient questions and answer honestly;
1. Is the househelp attractive?
2. Does your husband"eye"her?
3. Have you made your househelp irreplaceable that you're scared of losing her? This can make you overlook obvious signs.
4. Does your househelp working for you inhibit her chances of getting married? Does she have no time to herself?

Don't make decisions out of fear or desperation.
Pray about it and get your husbands counsel on it.
Your family decisions should be made together.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Peterpanny: 6:10pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
who tell you
My friend talk watin you know.
So 98% of Nigeria men are cheap is that what you are trying to say or what.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by yemmit90: 6:14pm On Jan 10
IVORY2009:

She knows her husband better than you do cheesy

Dey play, no one on earth can be 100% trusted with sex and money. The earlier you realise this, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by pek(m): 6:16pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
She comes from home and works just Mondays to Thursdays. She does not live with us.

With this, you don't have any reason listening to your mum.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by just2endowed: 6:21pm On Jan 10
MatrixReloaded:
do matchmaking for her...if you have someone that can take care of her and if she can learn a trade or skill. Don't send her away just like that, she is like a family member, your mother thinks about your own relationship not to be at risk... just find a way or not then you can excuse her to get a younger househelp

Get a younger house help ke?

She should go for the middle age house help to have peace of mind.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Westerhoffe(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
She comes from home and works just Mondays to Thursdays. She does not live with us.

Doesn't matter.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by imagrg(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10
Don't allow your mom spoil your peace of mind please! cool
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10
I will do whatever my mom ask of me
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by ForChrist1: 6:55pm On Jan 10
WhisperedNoise:
Nobody can snatch anybody. Your husband isn't a piece of bag, or a purse, that thieves can snatch. He has to decide to follow another woman.

People can be hypnotised, except you don't believe in science.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by ceejayluv(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10
Wallade:

Disengage her and please pay her one month additional wage.
Then replace her with a 25 year old?
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by MumEmdy(f): 7:09pm On Jan 10
tonytony208:

If she is a sleep in househelp, her job can be a barrier to getting a marriage partner.

Are you in this world at all, where housemaids use seduction strategies and juju to collect their oga's husbands?

At 34, she will be desperate and ready to do anything to help her get a man that will care for and marry her, including making a deal with the devil.

Yes I am in this world.

The Op said she is not a live in maid and work just monday-thursday. She can use the remaining days to look for her husband.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by ceejayluv(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10
MumEmdy:

Yes I am in this world.

The Op said she is not a live in maid and work just monday-thursday. She can use the remaining days to look for her husband.
Absolutely
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by mcdokwe(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.

You may let her go, but do it in a way you remain friends with her. Say, advise her to and if possible, actively help her seek jobs that allow her see and mingle with eligible bachelors, at least that way she leaves your house in good terms
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by spiralwedge(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10
What has her work in your house got to do with her desire to marry? You think it's only househelps that can snatch your husband? What about colleagues, neighbours, clubs, church sisters etc?
If I were your husband, this would be regarded as the highest of all insults. Why then did you marry your man when you would be policing who can be around him?
I'm beginning to think your mother might be a bad influence in your life. What you would have done was to reiterate to your mom that you married a respected man with solid integrity and quickly let your mom out of the house. That way she would get the message. Instead, you let her sow seed of distrust in your home. smh

I'm already sorry for you. Get your mom out of the house and limit her advice to ante-natal and mostly women things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] / As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.