Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp (28944 Views)

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by finallybusy: 7:17pm On Jan 10
You don’t need advice. Do what you have in mind.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Walkat9t: 7:29pm On Jan 10
Na true your mummy tells you. Go and learn how to play the game of chess
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Trustedpronet: 7:36pm On Jan 10
10days is enough to trigger a man with infidelity intensions. Just a phone number is good to go. The wife should know what kind of woman is attracted to her husband if she is smart. My opinion...the woman is feeling insecurd before the mother voiced out.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Judolisco(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection
cheap ke? D woman get mind dey keep 34 yrs old grown up woman for huz sef
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Emdebby2: 7:46pm On Jan 10
Please don't trust your husband. No man is a saint.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

I trust my husband but my mum's words have been playing in my head.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

1 your mum is wrong to come and change this in your home

2 it means she doesnt trust your own judgement on the lady

3 she also doesnt trust the judgement of your husband

4 either in event hubby cheat with her, it simply means both are at faulty meaning hubby has already that cheating thing in him

5 dont let the lady do all the house chores eg cleaning the bedroom etc, still have that privancy of your life

6 give the lady her days off so that she can sociolise with other people i.e being able to meet and date someone than being their 24/7

7 treat her as woman, she will also treat you like a woman and your husband will treat her as such
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Bankowner: 7:59pm On Jan 10
Take heed before there's a role reversal in your constituency. Maid telling you jejely she wants to go and marry and you're talking about trusting your husband. Waiting for the thread containing stories that touch.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by McBishop2020: 8:03pm On Jan 10
Don't make her your maid.
Treat her officially without dehumanizing her.

If you can, help her find another job so that she wouldn't be jobless as she leaves you.

Help her find a husband if possible and she would remain ever grateful to you.

Don't relieve her of her job without proper arrangement for her happiness, because she has done no wrong to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by emapeteum(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10
loswhite:
Where did you get your foolish statistics from? You guys just sit in your house and type thrash
Sorry boy,am typing from France and i have visited the UK several times. The so called social works and security that most Nigerians are doing in the UK is what?stop looking down on anyone pls
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by weslay: 8:23pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection

Is the wife not also answerable to and under the protection of the husband? undecided

Cheap? Dey play....
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Blackdisciple(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10
Madam if you are having a self-respected husband then you shouldn't worry because no be all men be that mumu wey una dey think
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by hilaryCU(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

Thank you.

Try to find out her real motive for what she said. Before, she uttered it, she must have been harboring it in her mind and it is likely deep-seated.

Ask her if her working with you is hindering her in anyway from socializing and getting the man she desires, anything to let her open up and be attentive to read between lines.

If, you observe any form of desperation on her part especially if she tells you, she has enough time to catch on her dates and all that, do not hesitate to disengage her abeit in good faith with some goodies if you can afford.

If it happens, she is time constraint, you can tell her to find a job or business that will let her get time for her private life and encourage her through learning the skill or support her to move on in that direction. Don't rush to make a decision but be more observant with her now.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by seunayantokun(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10
Package good things for her and let her go - don't think of sacking, think of her freedom to fulfil her own destiny.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by waleolaniyan: 9:07pm On Jan 10
Go do your mom's instruction like a military command. Nao nao. What mama is seeing korokoro while lying down, even if u climb 30 storeys building, you won't still see it.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by damoobaba: 9:23pm On Jan 10
Westerhoffe:
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.

You're the one reasoning negatively because you did not read my comment to understand, but rather to reply.

Nobody said the OP is the one tying her down. But she comes to the OP's house to work everyday, that even the OP's mother had advised her to let her go. Or is it until the OP comes to post shocking stories before you tell her why hasn't she let her go since?

The said woman declared she wants to have a family, I've heard and read and seen similar stories that end up in tears because the right steps were not taken on time.

This is not about labeling the lady a husband snatcher, no, I'll never call her that, but you don't trust people too much till they come into your relationship, and even replace you.

So @OP, if you value your relationship, let that lady go.

You don't have to ill treat her; don't try that. Just pay her, tip her, thank her, and tell her you'd no longer be needing her services.

Try and keep your advice short nah. Must you say everything in your mind?
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by loswhite(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10
emapeteum:

Sorry boy,am typing from France and i have visited the UK several times. The so called social works and security that most Nigerians are doing in the UK is what?stop looking down on anyone pls
Obviously you are the one looking down on ppl.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Westerhoffe(m): 9:53pm On Jan 10
damoobaba:

Try and keep your advice short nah. Must you say everything in your mind?

grin
I'm a writer.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Versal: 10:11pm On Jan 10
There is a problem when an African woman
wants a man solely to herself. It is not African.
But, we are not ready to discuss this.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by eleko1: 10:14pm On Jan 10
sad dnt mind yo mum.A USELESS housemaid like that won't even spit out such.. secondly we can't blame yo mum cos nowadays Aunties fit do u strong thing like otumopor to control ur hubby
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by 1Sharon(f): 10:29pm On Jan 10
Why do you have a househelp undecided
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by NaBanga: 10:44pm On Jan 10
Your mother is wise. If you do not listen, your eyes will water like an ocean in the coming year.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by fortunechy(m): 11:12pm On Jan 10
U don't need a prophet to tell u that. Since ur mother have sold u kindly obey and do the needful to avoid the stories that touches the heart in the nearest future.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by MySolace: 11:23pm On Jan 10
Westerhoffe:
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.

You're the one reasoning negatively because you did not read my comment to understand, but rather to reply.

Nobody said the OP is the one tying her down. But she comes to the OP's house to work everyday, that even the OP's mother had advised her to let her go. Or is it until the OP comes to post shocking stories before you tell her why hasn't she let her go since?

The said woman declared she wants to have a family, I've heard and read and seen similar stories that end up in tears because the right steps were not taken on time.

This is not about labeling the lady a husband snatcher, no, I'll never call her that, but you don't trust people too much till they come into your relationship, and even replace you.

So @OP, if you value your relationship, let that lady go.

You don't have to ill treat her; don't try that. Just pay her, tip her, thank her, and tell her you'd no longer be needing her services.
Am sorry if I say u catagorically spoke from both sides of ur mouth.

Ur submission in ur first paragraph and dat of d subsequent ones do not tally... U ain't talking to kids plz... Take responsibility!
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Originalsly: 11:26pm On Jan 10
Which female 25 to 35 doesn't want to be married? If you sack her ... who would you employ? .... a child? ... or a married woman? If a married woman... she would be a bigger threat. Swear for no man ... especially when it comes to relationship with women .... nature is a verrry strong force. When in known history did men in power not sleep with low class women? ... or masters slept with their slaves? Don't think your husband is not "cheap" so he wouldn't sleep with a helper. Her coming to work from home makes a big difference... it reduces the risk ... he may not even be around much to form a relationship. My advice is for you to not let her go .... but do not allow a situation where she and your husband only will be at home ... or be having private conversations and be mindful of what she wears.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by psalmsjob: 11:42pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.

Haba...how could you employ an unmarried lady of 34yrs as house help....I'm sure she is about your age group if not older than you....who puts a lit candle on the ceiling rafters and goes to sleep? Op grin My sister! My sister!! My sister!!! Tor I can't say more than that
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by 9japride(m): 4:00am On Jan 11
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't believe this story. A desperate person is very smart, if you like don't listen to your mother. A woman knows the heart of other women.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Dewillys(m): 6:28am On Jan 11
I'm a married man and I love my wife. But you see this issue of househelps, one needs to be careful. Your husband might not have the mind of ever cheating on you with the lady, but you can never tell with a man when alone with a maid -Proverbs 30:19. Because, EMOTION IS STRONGER THAN KNOWLEDGE.
You had better obey your mum by sending the lady away to avoid future trouble.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by tunwumi: 6:30am On Jan 11
Motun gbo'ro agba de oo et ti egbo,

Oro agba bio se l'owuro

Bope titi Ase l'ojo ale

janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Pastorjohn2: 6:33am On Jan 11
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.

This shows you don't trust your husband or you married a cheat.

That's the simple truth.
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by spiceadole: 6:53am On Jan 11
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.

You trust your husband...
Even your husband will be laughing at you for making this statement.

People that fvck housemaids and even brag about it, justifying it.
Dey play oh
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Obierika(m): 7:00am On Jan 11
janejjjjj5000:
Not at all. He is not the type but my mum's words have been playing in my mind.

quote author=EreluRoz post=127872464]Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection

I think your mum's words have put fear in your mind
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by expensivediamon(m): 8:27am On Jan 11
Letting her go means relieving her of her Job. I beg job scare oooo. Madam nor sack her. Just make sure there are boundaries for her and make sure your faithful husband does not loose guide.

Anybody can fall ooo. Even the supposed protector can become a predator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] / As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.