Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

"I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer (52326 Views)

Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" / Sven-goran Eriksson Says NFF Offered Him Super Eagles Job On The Proviso That Hi / Eriksson Reveals He Convinced Abramovich To Buy Chelsea Rather Tottenham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by fergie001: 9:32am On Jan 11
The former England manager Sven-Göran Eriksson has revealed he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and in a “best-case” scenario has about a year left to live.

Eriksson, who managed England for five years before leaving after the 2006 World Cup, stood down from his most recent role as the sporting director at the Swedish club Karlstad 11 months ago due to health issues.

The 75-year-old told Swedish Radio P1: “Everyone can see that I have a disease that’s not good, and everyone supposes that it’s cancer, and it is. But I have to fight it as long as possible.

“I know that in the best case it’s about a year, in the worst case even less. Or in the best case I suppose even longer. I don’t think the doctors I have can be totally sure; they can’t put a day on it.

“It’s better not to think about it. You have to trick your brain. I could go around thinking about that all the time and sit at home and be miserable and think I’m unlucky and so on.

“It’s easy to end up in that position. But no, see the positive sides of things and don’t bury yourself in setbacks, because this is the biggest setback of them all of course.”

SOURCE

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by fergie001: 9:33am On Jan 11
Reminds me of Bruno Metsu....

Our thoughts remain with Sven.....

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Politicstoday: 9:34am On Jan 11
Cancer is the most deadly disease 🦠 on the surface of earth. Cancer is much deadly than AIDS

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Righteousness2(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
Cancer is Dangerous but it is a moi moi matter before the GOD of Abramham, Isaac and Israel! The ONLY GOOD GOD OF CHOSEN

There is a GOD in Nigeria that is Shaking the whole Earth with HIS POWER, Greatness, Wonders, Miracles and Glory.

Cancer, kidney , livers , hearts and so on are being changed and rectified by the GOD of CHOSEN on Daily basis.

Women with no wombs carry their babies.

Anyone close to the legend manager should admonish him to connect to the GOD of CHOSEN.
It is a moimoi matter.

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by PlayerMeji: 9:58am On Jan 11
Such a tragic news...

But I like his heroic demeanor... He is not begging for pity rather he has an understanding of death as the end of all things living.

The earlier you understand that the better.

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by okosodo: 9:59am On Jan 11
Too bad
Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by GanagiBitrus: 10:16am On Jan 11
It is Not Over Till it is Over.

Anything can still happen.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Maxymilliano(m): 10:19am On Jan 11
That's so sad to hear .. Cancer sucks big time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Freshtruth(m): 10:50am On Jan 11
Knowing when you will die is better than dying in an hour time when u have plans for the future.
To me he is in an advantage he is not scared of death anymore he us using this opportunity to put things right with his Creator

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by predictor1: 3:30pm On Jan 11
GOFRONT:
Chaiii........Just lasweek, we list Sir Shangallo.

Yesterday, we Lost an Ikorodu Globus banker to Depression due to economy.

And now Sir Errikson is on count down.......

Dear Lord, take our most famous Chicago boy here, put him in the illness capacity of Sven and then put his life on countdown; so that we can all happily help him to Countdown his life.......

Bringback Sven, Sven still mean alot to me.
You better be careful what you wish another person.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11
angry

I understand Sven but then...

Going by the life expectancy of men in many countries today, he has outlived a whole number of men. Even Maradona and Johan didnt live this long, so he should be grateful

I know that we all want to live as long as possible, but this wish makes us inconsiderate considering that a lot of people who died younger than us would swap anything to be alive today.

Well, He should relax and remember that he wont be alive when he's dead...he wont know he's dead ans thats consoling

In the end, I wish him well.
I wish him many more years too

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11
GOFRONT:

Dear Lord, take our most famous Chicago boy here, put him in the illness capacity of Sven and then put his life on countdown; so that we can all happily help him to Countdown his life.......

Your fellow Obidient wont call this a hateful comment...See what u are wishing on a man that doesnt even know u

They will say you are a lover of the country

I have always wonder if Obidents are human

Your lots are the least intelligent entity around, you are lower than every knonw animals

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by adesegun121(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11
Ok
Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by saddler: 4:16pm On Jan 11
undecided
Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by VinnyBaba: 4:16pm On Jan 11
EmperorCaesar:

Your fellow Obidient wont call this a hateful comment...See what u are wishing on a man that doesnt even know u

Your lots are the least intelligent entity around, you are lower than every knonw animals

What has OBidients got to do with this Topic? undecided undecided

Make you and ur BROOM Party Supporters Try get SENSE dis 2024 o! sad

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by BarrElChapo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11
75 I think he should be thankful for a long life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Throwback: 4:16pm On Jan 11
GOFRONT:

What about your own countdown?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Stanbaba30: 4:16pm On Jan 11
Righteousness2:
Cancer is Dangerous but it is a moi moi matter before the GOD of Abramham, Isaac and Israel! The ONLY GOOD GOD OF CHOSEN

There is a GOD in Nigeria that is Shaking the whole Earth with HIS POWER, Greatness, Wonders, Miracles and Glory.

Cancer, kidney , livers , hearts and so on are being changed and rectified by the GOD of CHOSEN on Daily basis.

Women with no wombs carry their babies.

Anyone close to the legend manager should admonish him to connect to the GOD of CHOSEN.
It is a moimoi matter.
It's a good thing that you keep reiterating the POWER of GOD to the world. That's the truth you have said. May God reach out to him In HIS mercies and heal him in Jesus mighty name Amen 🙏🔥

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by ednut1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11
Our fake miracle pastors should to cure him. It’s scary sha that we will all die one day 😩

4 Likes

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by sylve11: 4:17pm On Jan 11
You will be fine, sir. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by handsomeyinka(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11
Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by STEWpid(f): 4:18pm On Jan 11
Chai..

...in Naijay-area, they would be sharing his properties already!!

Sorry man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by princeabdul(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11
To everyone battling one ailment or the other may Almighty Allah grant you Shifa. 🙏

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:18pm On Jan 11
EmperorCaesar:

just leave him alone President Tinubu does not recognise him and his evil wishes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by omoredia: 4:18pm On Jan 11
The money they used for a fake covid could have ended cancer for good, but no cos our ignorance puts money in their pockets!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by KanuSE: 4:18pm On Jan 11
The Professional Football Manager 💪
Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by dazzlingd(m): 4:19pm On Jan 11
If he were to be a Nigerian pastor, he would have prophesied his death

3 Likes

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by blowjohn(m): 4:20pm On Jan 11
Politicstoday:
Cancer is the most deadly disease 🦠 on the surface of earth. Cancer is much deadly than AIDS

Even AIDS na blessing for where other diseases dey.

U see Cancer, especially cancer of the stomach, colon cancer, breast cancer, anal cancer, prostrate cancer, cervival cancer etc. Na problem o.

Another is kidney failure.

Then virulent hepatitis

Fear them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by Blackfire(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11
Knowing when you will die is just a soul breaking thoughts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by PhpBBexpert(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega: Make-up Or Muscles? New York Times' Article / Kanu Nwankwo Poses With Super Eagles Players After Win Against Burundi (photos) / Samuel Eto'o's Multi-million Dollar Car Collections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.