Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? (18320 Views)

Though I Am Not Religious But Religion Has Some Benefits. / Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / ‘nigeria Full Of Religious, But Ungodly People’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by SaLongs1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11
Because all religion is a scam and the followers gullible folks who know not better but won't or can't admit it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by princeabdul(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11
Nigerians are 100% religion but zero percent fear of God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by DenreleDave(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11
sad angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by cocolacec(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11
Nigerians are Religious cultists,they lack spirituality and honesty.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by yad2eidi: 12:39pm On Jan 11
Siberia01:
Almost everybody I know wakes up with different bible verses on their social media platforms. You see everybody going to their different places of worship, praying, crying ,dancing , shouting. Alot of others preach repentance.

Then I wonder,how come we have such a corrupt society?

Jobs are meant for a particular church congregation..

If your not a member of the church no job for you

You see politicians in churches and mosques
Who are the ones stealing this monies grin ?
and very wicked
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Courz: 12:39pm On Jan 11
Because Religion is used as a cover for their Wickedness. Behaviour is like smoke. You can't hide it for long no matter how Holy you act. A lot of religious people in Nigeria also mix Witchcraft with religion. In the end, religion practiced here is fake.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by KnownUnknown: 12:40pm On Jan 11
omoredia:
Its because the black man only accepts religion to do evil to others. If u are good u dont need religion to be a motivation but if u are evil u need religion to be the excuse for ur wickedness

You people who suffer from inferiority complex are really funny. Is it only the so called “black man” that uses religion to do evil to others?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dum_Diversas
To confirm the Portuguese trade rights, King Afonso V appealed to Pope Nicholas V for support, seeking the moral authority of the Church for his monopoly.[8] The bull of 1452 was addressed to Afonso V and conceded Portugal's right to attack, conquer and subjugate Saracens and pagans "...and any other unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be, as well as their kingdoms, duchies, counties, principalities, and other property [...] and to reduce their persons into perpetual servitude
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Emma09(m): 12:42pm On Jan 11
It's all about our wicked mentality and bad attitude. Generally, wickedness is inbuilt in us as Nigerians. An average Nigerian will potentially wants to Scam u, an average Nigerian will seem it fit to produce fake drugs,drinks and sell it to the public just to make money,an average Nigerian will defecate in canals, gutters and see it as normal, an average Nigerian will openly pee on the road, throw dirts from his/car during traffic, an average Nigerian will disobey traffic and still see it as normal, an average Nigerian will easily offer bribe to police, any law enforcement agent so as to get away from facing the law. The list is endless. Nigerians dont have the right attitude generally.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by LIGHTROOM: 12:42pm On Jan 11
SoNature:

Oga, church and wickedness have nothing in common. God is not responsible for people's hypocrisy, evil and deceit. The problem with Nigeria is that we abused everything, including religion. Because God is merciful, Nigerians abused religion.

But the same God made it abundantly clear that there's a day of judgment and that everyone will account for their deeds. While we wait for that day, anyone who dies appears before God in judgment

Is church God and is Christianity a religion?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by alfredfrddy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 11
I have been making frantic effort not to join issues with anyone on corruption again. The truth is, corruption is not seen as a problem little wonder why corruption cannot be gotten rid off no matter how religious we are. In fact, our religiosity is even helping to curb it, if not it would have been worse than it actually is. We learn corruption from the womb. A father ears FIRST, caring less about the family, he takes the lion share, leaving the wife and children to share from the left over and such father will have the guts to preach against corruption?
Are you pondering what I'm pondering as corruption runs in our bloodstream?
Death sentence is the only way out irrespective of who is involved. This is my submissions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Usmanovic95(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11
Religious but not Godly.The best religion is the love for humanity sadly only few practice it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by LIGHTROOM: 12:46pm On Jan 11
KnownUnknown:
Because religion itself is corrupt so it’s not a deterrent to corruption

Christianity is not a religion

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by dChoraleMaster: 12:46pm On Jan 11
Sister Betta just finished given testimony at Shiloh only to return home and steal

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by adioolayi(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11
Na same thing we dey talk..

Everyone that has passed comments here, myself inclusive, are Nigerians...they are religious.

They are passing comments that portray them as "Holy and Not Corrupt"..

So, who are the corrupt Nigerians

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by zoedew: 12:47pm On Jan 11
RELIGION WILL NOT CHANGE A LIFE. ONLY JESUS WILL. OBEYING HIS WORD IS THE REAL DEAL. THERE ARE PASTORS WHO LIVE IN SIN. VERY BIG PASTORS OOOO!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Collins4u1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11
most wicked and evil people occupy the top echelon in the church.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by ReluctantAdult(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11
Gotta be some next level cognitive dissonance, narcicissm and virtue signalling. Actions and beliefs are on opposite trajectories.

So many sick people out there. I've got no respect for these fake fvckers.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Glimpsetv: 12:47pm On Jan 11
I think it's an individual thing. Start by answering the question first. I mean, are you exempted from all that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by zebszebs: 12:47pm On Jan 11
ok
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Wallade(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11
Siberia01:
Almost everybody I know wakes up with different bible verses on their social media platforms. You see everybody going to their different places of worship, praying, crying ,dancing , shouting. Alot of others preach repentance.

Then I wonder,how come we have such a corrupt society?

Jobs are meant for a particular church congregation..

If your not a member of the church no job for you

You see politicians in churches and mosques
Who are the ones stealing this monies grin ?

Corruption is an innate tendency of Nigerians, irrespective of religion or tribe.

The society places more value on wealth and affluence without bothering about the source of the wealth and money.

It is all about the Benjamins, Euros, Charlies and Naira. Nobody really cares about the source.

Even the churches, mosques and traditional religions will celebrate you without knowing or asking about the source of wealth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Iluvmycontr3: 12:48pm On Jan 11
LordIsaac:
Because religion without godliness is not of God!

I have carefully checked the ways of the westerners, and that of other African nations; and i have come to the conclusion THAT A LOT IS WRONG WITH US (NIGERIANS)
I NEVER SWEAT OVER IT WHEN OTHER NATIONALS DISLIKE OUR WAYS OR TRY TO AVOID US.

NIGERIANS;

1. EVER religious, but never godly.
2. Prideful
3. Loud/lousy
4. Fake lifestyle everywhere
5. Flamboyant 24/7
6. Competition/rivalry
7. Hatred, bitterness and wickedness by most of us believers and unbelievers alike🤦‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by spiSeyi: 12:48pm On Jan 11
Religion and Godliness are different things, most Nigerians are religious but not Godly cool . That is why God did not impose religion on anyone but He demanded us to be Godly i.e. treating others the way we want to be treated which is Godliness undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by sulaak(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11
SoNature:

Oga, church and wickedness have nothing in common. God is not responsible for people's hypocrisy, evil and deceit. The problem with Nigeria is that we abused everything, including religion. Because God is merciful, Nigerians abused religion.

But the same God made it abundantly clear that there's a day of judgment and that everyone will account for their deeds. While we wait for that day, anyone who dies appears before God in judgment

What God?

Man created religion. The corruption of man has no bounds. If there is a God, he/she would not create religion that leads to division and hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by BrickDevo: 12:49pm On Jan 11
They're deceiving yourself, Christianity is fake self, church is just a social gathering.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by lapintoz: 12:50pm On Jan 11
Because our God is merciful. He doesn't punish them instantly for their wrong doings. And government doesn't jail them either. So we will be No. 1 most corrupt nation in the world and No 1 most religious nation as well.

Even more than the Vatican and Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by johnog4sure: 12:51pm On Jan 11
Because is man controlling man, it has nothing to do with God, God deals with people, directly and personally
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by izubext007: 12:51pm On Jan 11
Religion is the way forward
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by anslemarinze52(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11
The country is just messed up... Religion, politics, tribe etc. so many things are wrong with Nigeria and religion is worse of it. It comes like an angel but Very darkened.
At least we know politicians are thiefs but religion will make you believe pastor and other members are good people untill you see their manipulative nature, their deceptive nature and their greedy nature etc.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by ppogba: 12:51pm On Jan 11
What makes you think that it is only Nigerians that are corrupt?

Is Gianni Infantino a Nigerian?
Is Mitchell Platimi a Nigerian?

The people that bought Sancho for ManU at 78 million pounds, are they Nigerians?

The people that bought players at ridiculous amount for Chelsea FC, are they Nigerians?

The type of sleaze that goes on.at the Vatican, are they being perpetrated by Nigerians?

I know it is customary to always want to come up with topics that will denegrate the country.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by fuck419: 12:51pm On Jan 11
Because, CORRUPTION = RELIGION
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Skillsnigeria: 12:52pm On Jan 11
Hmmm
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Sammy5413(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11
Why are corrupt Nigerians very religious?

#nogreeforanybody

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Post Your Church Name And Your Position/Duty In Church / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.