Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? (18267 Views)

Though I Am Not Religious But Religion Has Some Benefits. / Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / ‘nigeria Full Of Religious, But Ungodly People’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Osashalom: 3:26pm On Jan 11
SoNature:

Oga, church and wickedness have nothing in common. God is not responsible for people's hypocrisy, evil and deceit. The problem with Nigeria is that we abused everything, including religion. Because God is merciful, Nigerians abused religion.

But the same God made it abundantly clear that there's a day of judgment and that everyone will account for their deeds. While we wait for that day, anyone who dies appears before God in judgment
Kaiiii.... You are just so wise menh..... This statement did not come from common sense, this is pure and divine wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Bimpe29: 3:33pm On Jan 11
It's eternally mysterious, disturbing and amazing.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Ttipsy(f): 3:40pm On Jan 11
Rick9:

Cleanliness they say it's next to Godliness. Africans Cities are too dirty and till now I'm wondering why..
Anytime I use Google Maps / Google Earth to view cities around the world I'm always amazed at the beauty, order and cleanliness but Africa cities, tufiakwa..
that is the problem
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by ufotunang: 3:40pm On Jan 11
Even if they are religious..it's because they lack the fear of God, lack self discipline, lack self control and not contended with what they have...and the bad economy, poverty hunger hardship can make one to be so desperate for money and involve in corrupt practices ...and for the politcians is just selfish, greediness and the flabouyant, expensive, luxurious lifestyle they live make them to be corrupt and loot money in order to finance their expensive, flabouyant, luxurious lifestyle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Greenscientist: 3:46pm On Jan 11
The environment is an enabler.

Caught a student yesterday, told her to stand, a senior lecturer saw and sent her out.

My collegue were telling me, "i shouldn't have sat her up" and i started regretting it.

As small as that scenario is, thar is the start of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by chukwuoke(m): 3:48pm On Jan 11
Siberia01:
Almost everybody I know wakes up with different bible verses on their social media platforms. You see everybody going to their different places of worship, praying, crying ,dancing , shouting. Alot of others preach repentance.

Then I wonder,how come we have such a corrupt society?

Jobs are meant for a particular church congregation..

If your not a member of the church no job for you

You see politicians in churches and mosques
Who are the ones stealing this monies grin ?

My man there. We suppose change ourselves before going to church. That is the easiest way of making money now.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Luu40: 3:59pm On Jan 11
The same thing applies to everything else we do.
We are religious, but lack morals. We have degrees, but no knowledge and thinking.

We like to take up political positions, yet we have no knowledge and skills to get things done.

We have 9 passes in WAEC, yet we don't know anything about the habitat of mosquitoes.

Nigeria is a group of sugar-coated human beings, two-faced, and double-edged.

We are just luke the food you cook for your high value guests - spend alot on it to entice and impress them, yet we are very hungry.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by maasoap(m): 4:01pm On Jan 11
Siberia01:
Almost everybody I know wakes up with different bible verses on their social media platforms. You see everybody going to their different places of worship, praying, crying ,dancing , shouting. Alot of others preach repentance.

It is hypocrisy if you ask me. Nigerians should do away with religions, should stop hiding under the religion's cover, come out boldly and do their thing
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by akpumping7720(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11
I said it here some days ago that "Africans are battling with corruptions while the Europeans are battling with immoralities". One dude here disagreed
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by samcolee(m): 4:24pm On Jan 11
captaininiobong:

The worst part is that we don't have love for ourselves

Even in family circle
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by omojeesu(m): 4:44pm On Jan 11
Because religion is a lie!
Satan brought religion into the world as panacea to the sin problem, which is not, to keep humanity received until physical death ends all.

Jesus came to expose the lie and provided the way out by paying the price for our salvation.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Ken4Christ: 4:46pm On Jan 11
Siberia01:

Religion does not give you the power to conquer sin. Only genuine conversion in Christ does that. Unfortunately, very few ministry preach the gospel of salvation.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Sleekfingers: 5:15pm On Jan 11
Most Nigerians are hypocrites?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Tzar(m): 5:18pm On Jan 11
Because they are worse that Sodom and Gomorrah. God's mercy is the only factor keeping Nigerians from a well deserved destruction.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by InvertedHammer: 5:41pm On Jan 11
/
Don't worry about Nigerians.

I can guarantee you that if rapture happens today, there won't be up to 10 Nigerians that will make heaven.

Once you know this, you will associate more carefully with them.

Trust BUT verify!

People are looking for miracle to escape poverty. It ain't got nothing to do with spirituality that's why miracle centers are where
the multitude exist.
/
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by allthingsgood: 5:45pm On Jan 11
SoNature:

Oga, church and wickedness have nothing in common. God is not responsible for people's hypocrisy, evil and deceit. The problem with Nigeria is that we abused everything, including religion. Because God is merciful, Nigerians abused religion.

But the same God made it abundantly clear that there's a day of judgment and that everyone will account for their deeds. While we wait for that day, anyone who dies appears before God in judgment

Even u that is talking, if u get opportunity u go still chop
Forget judgment bla bla grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Bossman(m): 6:19pm On Jan 11
Because it's all bullshit! Everyone is deceiving each other. It's certain that it's not religion that will save Nigeria or any other country for that matter. It's productivity, thinking outside the box, job creation, eradication of corruption among our elected leaders, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Bossman(m): 6:21pm On Jan 11
Exactly! Could not have said it better.
Ustec:
If corrupt politicians were sentence to death for stealing public fund. Everywhere go coordinate itself.
The law isn't working enough.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by ukaface(f): 6:26pm On Jan 11
Because we are all hypocrites
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11
Because they are fantastically corrupt thieving hyporcrites!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Ojay0445(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11
It's idolatry.......Those people are sham believers.......just faking it.....u can't serve two God....it's impossible
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Ojay0445(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11
It's idolatry.....Those people are sham believers.....just faking it
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by CHAQUR: 7:23pm On Jan 11
Because religious leaders will welcome you well when you return with money. No matter the source.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by TapGenic: 7:38pm On Jan 11
We were brainwashed by the colonial masters, who came with Christianity and Islam. Then again, we refused to study history and our traditions.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by MN07: 7:41pm On Jan 11
SoNature:

My friend keep quiet.

There's no judgement stop being delusional.
You die and you are gone nothing more nothing less.

Religion is a waste of time am sure most of you will never get to know this in your life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Justnation: 8:38pm On Jan 11
[quote author=naturefellow post=127890380]

Religion without ethics is idolatry. This is why Nigerians are still far behind, and hopelessly depended on developed nation.

I chose ethics over religion any day! undecided[/quotel]

Simply tell us that you are an atheist, leave Christ and his followers alone
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by zoputan89113: 8:52pm On Jan 11
Its because the black man only accepts religion to do evil to others. If u are good u dont need religion to be a motivation but if u are evil u need religion to be the excuse for ur wickednessIts because the black man only accepts religion to do evil to others. If u are good u dont need religion to be a motivation but if u are evil u need religion to be the excuse for ur wickedness...
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by agentarcher(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11
Cause most religions were designed to control and subject the masses, not help them. Mainstream religions are just cash cows. You even see corruption in the place of worship. And the members will blindly defend whatever the minister says.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by naturefellow(m): 11:33pm On Jan 11
[quote author=Justnation post=127896241][/quote] Religious fanatic you are. Get well soon!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Nteogwuija(m): 12:28am On Jan 12
Emma09:
It's all about our wicked mentality and bad attitude. Generally, wickedness is inbuilt in us as Nigerians. An average Nigerian will potentially wants to Scam u, an average Nigerian will seem it fit to produce fake drugs,drinks and sell it to the public just to make money,an average Nigerian will defecate in canals, gutters and see it as normal, an average Nigerian will openly pee on the road, throw dirts from his/car during traffic, an average Nigerian will disobey traffic and still see it as normal, an average Nigerian will easily offer bribe to police, any law enforcement agent so as to get away from facing the law. The list is endless. Nigerians dont have the right attitude generally.

Amend the law, make stern example of defaulters and watch people behave as normal humans would. But that won't happen. The people who are suppose to amend the law are as bad as the citizens.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by IbeOkehie: 1:17am On Jan 12
I'll make it brief. The key is a simple question. How did you become a Christian or Muslim?

Since Christianity and Islam are not native to to Nigeria or West Africa, there was a point of conversion for every family or lineage.

I continually challenge every Nigerian to look into HOW and WHY their family became Christians & Muslims. The stories are all the same. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you. And the question of this thread will be answered in full.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Lincton: 3:28am On Jan 12
Average Nigerians are greedy and selfish. But still hiding under religion for deceptive character.
Hypocrites everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians / Why Do Nigerian Christians Avoid Naming Their Children Jesus? / Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.