Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? (18319 Views)

Though I Am Not Religious But Religion Has Some Benefits. / Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / ‘nigeria Full Of Religious, But Ungodly People’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Demigod22: 1:27pm On Jan 11
This was my project topic few years ago. I try to explore religious hypocrisy in Nigeria, and the effect of such hypocrisy on non-converts.

Every Sunday, we have millions trooping to Church and on Friday, millions streaming to Mosque, however, corruption, violence, and different maladies won't stop.

Both leaders of such religions are not exempted. We use religion weapon to exploit the masses economically, politically and psychologically, fighting for worldly superiority and amassing wealth.

Religion is the most dangerous tool after education, and religious is the greatest weapon after fear, for fear is gods' greatest arsenal, that's why the worshippers created hell.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by KnownUnknown: 1:28pm On Jan 11
omoredia:

If u have sense u would read the post again. You hate truth thats why u fools love reIigion cos religion is all lies

If you had sense you would know I detest religion and the post was about your inferiority complex regarding “the black man” using religion for harm.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by GreatAchiever1: 1:30pm On Jan 11
Edikan24:
It's not in Nigeria only but really an African thing.

We're so much deep rooted in to religion that it tends to eat up our reasoning faculty. I see religion as rules enacted to guide people in doing this and doing that. Christianity, well, is a joke, a pure joke, cause why would you be saying you're a Christian and another Christian is practicing another type of doctrine. For instance, there are some churches that believes in tithe payments, some don't, some says women aren't allowed to wear men stuffs, some says nahh, God sees your heart and it's pure but isn't it said "out from the heart thinketh good and evil' before you wore that clothe, your conscience already has told you that cloth is short or isn't proper to wear. If God really sees your heart and knows it's pure then tell me can you wear a hooker heels and bummshorts to go see your governor?? I guess you'll be bounced out like a mad woman you are.

Anyways, the church you're worshipping (with a different doctrine) how well do you think or know that church will lead you to heaven?? Christianity is basically confusion, religion is just stupid, it's the cause of war and hate but glad people are waking up, we're in a matrix. Your pastor is giving you useless stickers to put up on your door and car to protect yourself but he goes around with bodyguards and private securities, also a bulletproof car. Seriously do you really want to die in stupidity?

The thing is there are many wolves in sheeps clothing whose false doctrine are sending many to hell. The bible also warns about them in 2 Timothy 3 and 4.
We have entangled so many wrong doctrine mostly from our cultural background or societal agenda into christianity, the result is damnable heresies.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by siant: 1:32pm On Jan 11
Nigerians are the most hypocritic set of people I ever know. Both the citizens and the authority.
Early this week, the authority started the demolition of structures on the land that belongs to the Nigerian Railway Authority, in the Bodija area of Ibadan, Oyo State. Although they have given the occupants enough notice, but the funny thing is that all the religious centers, mosques and churches are spared, while all other structures, like residence, shops were pulled down.
What even annoying me is a primary school that used to be there besides a church building, was pulled down while retaining the church.

Nigerian govt is funny. They are hostile to business, but when it comes to religion, they are lenient.
I agree with what someone said, few years ago when Yinka Ayefele music house was demolished by Oyo State Govt. He said if Ayefele had named his building a church or mosque, govt would not have demolished it

They build worship centres in aso Rock, yet the place remains the capital of political and financial corruption.

Nigeria, ilu to jina si 'na, to sumon alujana.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by CaptainFM1: 1:34pm On Jan 11
Religion is the mother corruption. While Tribalism is the father.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by gudugudumeje: 1:36pm On Jan 11
Becos the church& religious authorities, and members of the generations are waiting for their turns to steal as the generation of Obasanjo, Danjuma, et al and successive FMGs in Nigeria after 1972 have taught them to do, and put to thrive social mentality of Nigerians. The few not so social mentality disposed are few, far and between; but are not in the clergy, priesthood, alas, the religions......
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11
Organised Religion doesn't auomatically make u better. u can be Religious and still be a criminal.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Edikan24(m): 1:37pm On Jan 11
GreatAchiever1:

The thing is there are many wolves in sheeps clothing whose false doctrine are sending many to hell. The bible also warns about them in 2 Timothy 3 and 4.
We have entangled so many wrong doctrine mostly from our cultural background or societal agenda into christianity, the result is damnable heresies.

It's basically stupid, bro believe it or not, we're in a matrix, they're using us.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by KillingJoke: 1:38pm On Jan 11
Every society's corrupt, you can't change that
Most first world countries are corrupt
Even china is corrupt

But religion and being so forking religious is like being a menace to society
Blame the yt nigger for colonizing Africans when they've stayed where they were instead of coming to Africa

Africa dump their true religion for Islam and Christianity which both are 90% causes for the downfalls happening in the world
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by RussellRutherfo: 1:38pm On Jan 11
qtx:

It's common sense. The devil is smart, it deploys more arsenals where he has more problems. The whites are already under his cover so he doesn't need to worry about them. The battle is in Africa where they love God more and work hard to serve him. What makes you feel every corrupt person in Nigeria is a Christian? Bros, are saying u no need to serve God because people in your country are corrupt? Which country in the world has no corrupt people? Wait until everybody in Nigeria becomes like the westerners before you fear and serve God you hear? The bible says "A Fool says in his heart that there is no God" Psalm 14:1

Flesh&blood have not revealed this to you.

What people don't know is depending on places as divided up by principalities.

The Devil assigns more strong principalities and less ones to areas he has already taken.

The Devil is working hard to undo the work of the gospel done in Africa so that God will be heavily despised. Notice, that Africa has been pushing the gospel to other places. Now, thd Devil has perversed the Church with untrained, false Christians, and critics like Freeze that will see the name and knowledge of God extinguished.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Seunpapa65: 1:39pm On Jan 11
stagger:

The church is not a replacement for home training. Your parents are the ones who should have instilled values in you before you enter into any position where you are exposed to money.

If you have no family name to protect, then you can go ahead and steal as much as you want, church or not. After all, Betta Edu goes to Winners Chapel and gave a testimony, but the bible says GOD IS NOT MOCKED. What you saw, you reap. You cannot come to a platform like Shiloh, and give a testimony when you know your ways go against the bible and what God says about stealing, especially when you use the poor as the platform for such embezzlement.

Why did the suspended minister not go to Canaanland for immediate prayer if she knew her hands were clean?
Okay I agree with you I made a mistake by calling it only Christian but it is sad to admit that religion has done more harm than good

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Fizalis(m): 1:40pm On Jan 11
The writer didn't blame God but the Church and the people inside it! Stear clear of leving allegation on him that he blames God in this matter
SoNature:

Oga, church and wickedness have nothing in common. God is not responsible for people's hypocrisy, evil and deceit. The problem with Nigeria is that we abused everything, including religion. Because God is merciful, Nigerians abused religion.

But the same God made it abundantly clear that there's a day of judgment and that everyone will account for their deeds. While we wait for that day, anyone who dies appears before God in judgment
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Justnation: 1:40pm On Jan 11
naturefellow:
Ask people like Justnation and Mike Apollo, who are triggered by BBC's exposition of the late TB Joshua.

Nigerians - Evil people pretending to love God

You hate God and anything godliness that is why you are easily attracted to anything that portrays Christianity in a bad way.
Nigerians are far better than the Europeans in the area you talking about only that they cover themselves and people like you who are obsessed with anything European will always like their ass.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11
If you are into crypto. You might need to check my signature..

Gather s much as you can and wait for the bull run
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Juniorangel(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11
Most Nigerians are hypocrite, the pretend a lot, they tell you one thing and do another, most especially the religious ones.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by IbeOkehie: 1:44pm On Jan 11
It's a very easy question to answer. Very, very easy.

I'll be back.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Fizalis(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11
Why is the user SoNature lie that you blamed God while you only blamed the Church and the people inside it!

User SoNature should Stear clear of leving allegation on you for God's sake!
Seunpapa65:
Church and wickedness dey like akara and bread
Infact I prefer to do something with worldly person per say
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Tommydare(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11
Being corrupt has nothing to do with religion. Because non of the religions support or teaches corruption. It all lies in our mentality. Our advancement, progress as Africans lies in our mentality and attitude and not religion
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by tete7000(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11
Because the religion itself has been corrupted down turned to profit-making venture.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by tnerro1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11
He without sin cast the first stone

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by LikeAking: 1:55pm On Jan 11
Siberia01:
Almost everybody I know wakes up with different bible verses on their social media platforms. You see everybody going to their different places of worship, praying, crying ,dancing , shouting. Alot of others preach repentance.

Then I wonder,how come we have such a corrupt society?

Jobs are meant for a particular church congregation..

If your not a member of the church no job for you

You see politicians in churches and mosques
Who are the ones stealing this monies grin ?

Because, corrupt people love religion..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by LIGHTROOM: 1:56pm On Jan 11
GreatAchiever1:

I really get tired when I hear Christian say Christianity is not a Religion. I usually start by saying are you sure you know what religion means?

The word CHRISTIANITY originated from were if I may ask?
And did Jesus called his followers Christian during is earthly ministry?
Those who believe in the teachings of Jesus were called Christ Like by unbelievers in Antioch because they behave like Jesus. The word CHRISTIANITY and ISLAM is like PDP and APC which is used to differentiate between those who belong to a particular group and those who do not. The word CHRISTIANITY is just a title, those who truly believe in Jesus are sons of God
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by CockPit: 1:57pm On Jan 11
Nigerian women come carry religion for head more than the men.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by naturefellow(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11
Justnation:

You hate God and anything godliness that is why you are easily attracted to anything that portrays Christianity in a bad way.
Nigerians are far better than the Europeans in the area you talking about only that they cover themselves and people like you who are obsessed with anything European will always like their ass.

Religion without ethics is idolatry. This is why Nigerians are still far behind, and hopelessly depended on developed nation.

I chose ethics over religion any day! undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by tuzle(m): 2:00pm On Jan 11
We carry church matter on our head more than reasoning with our brain. Even some simple things that u just need simple reasoning to solve, they will still carry it to church. That is why I try my best to avoid over religious people who believe everything will be solved by calling Jesus (I am here to argue that the name of Jesus can't solve ur problems). There is one person that was arguing with me on tithe one day, that paying tithes solves all problems. She was using a particular verse in the old testament to prove her point. I now told her that okay o I have accepted. That is how I opened another verse and showed her that the same old testament said women shouldn't climb the alter to preach and guess what are pastor is a woman. That is how she said we should forget about it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by MT: 2:01pm On Jan 11
Nigerians just do "eye" service.

They want to pretend so that their pastors and imams can see them dedicated to the church and mosques but terrible with their neighbours.

The moment you introduce yourself as "Pastor George or Imam Waheed", I can never do business with you.

All pretense.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Kay25(m): 2:01pm On Jan 11
Seunpapa65:
Church and wickedness dey like akara and bread
Infact I prefer to do something with worldly person per say
Stop that shit saying of yours ..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Uncletony(m): 2:01pm On Jan 11
Something is fundamentally wrong with black people
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Simpleshafee(m): 2:02pm On Jan 11
We are religious but we don’t have the fear of God.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by LIGHTROOM: 2:04pm On Jan 11
GreatAchiever1:

I really get tired when I hear Christian say Christianity is not a Religion. I usually start by saying are you sure you know what religion means?

John 1:12-13,
To those that received and believe in him he gave power to become sons of God.

He did not gave them power to become Christian but sons of God.
So instead of asking someone are you a Christian or a Muslim, while not ask if he or she is a child of God.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by Bamzas: 2:06pm On Jan 11
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? by LikeAking: 2:08pm On Jan 11
Irupetepete:
grin
We can too kabash in this country..
Rekee rekkeekee shindara ba reskete...

My neighbor was kabashing overnight with a very loud voice disturbing the environment....
I just laugh..
Matt 6 5-8 said teach us how to pray...
Matt ch 6 VS 5 (don't pray like an hypocrite...
Am trying to turn my life around by learning at night and you can't pray silently?
Some people believe God won't hear them when they pray silently until dem shout... Wetin give u assurance say your shout pass your roof?
How do I pray?
After I Don see shege from prayer houses et AL,
I just wake up in the morning, bring out my guiter and worship for as long as the spirit leads....
Let your praise and worship outweigh your request.
I am not religious but I believe in God and Jesus.
The world didn't just come to be
The air, water, growth, fruits, foods, birth and death, aging are all testament that there is a God in heaven...
I no need worry myself this year Sha, God Don show me say na my year... If you like believe say God dey, if you like, no believe.

Quiet!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The African Origin Of Is-ra-el / 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Post Your Church Name And Your Position/Duty In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.